Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 70
Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 19, 2007 18:50

>> Any shape you want Pal <<

smile: long as you know i'm a she-sssoul, Ablett honey ...
what shape would you think would be good, for that image on the front of a tshirt?
i have no gift for this sort of thing - just for popcorn, raisin toast & forehead stroking :E

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 19, 2007 18:57

Its what happens when you spend all day sitting on your own designing Cat Litter ads!!

So any sort of stroking would do me??? ;-)

I'm trying to chuff out an advert for Pig ventilation units (don't ask) so can you pop the pic on again?

Cheers me dear......

Date: January 19, 2007 19:09

>> (don't ask) <<

smile: ... okay, that was quite a tussle, but i have forcibly stopped myself from asking!
here are both versions of Jim Pietryga's Omaha shot again -
the black & white one doesn't have to stay black & white, of course!
thanks for all your good work, Ablett honey [raisin more toast & rummaging in my bag of strokes]

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 19, 2007 19:21

I like ol keefs beer belly!!! Top stuff!!

I kind keep the same shape. Just not be quite do hard on the manipulation.

Get your image in photoshop, go > image > adjustments > posterize (about 4 will be fine), then go > image > mode > greyscale, then > image > mode > monotone. Sling in the colour you want and hey presto!

Now for letting you know that little secret I'll be waiting on me bag load of strokes! Can't wait...... ;-)

Pig ventilation units keep farmed pigs from getting repiratory diseases! Can you see now why I spent so long on the Stones design.....

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: January 19, 2007 19:37

Hey Ablett!
Don't be discouraged! Please - you've contributed with great stuff here. And I mean really GREAT stuff. So, rest for a bit, and soon you're gonna be all entousiastic about the t-shirts again.
I know why BV is a bit negative regarding the gothic letters. In Europe they're often used by metal - especially black metal and death metal - bands. And those guys have burnt down churches, killed eachothers etc... So, that's why many Europeans are a bit - or very - negative when it comes to the combination rock music and gothic letters.
Just an idea: Why don't you try another font on one of the designs you've made - one of the most populare ones.
Good luck - and don't let this get you down! Take care.

Posted by: GrievousAngel ()
Date: January 19, 2007 19:46

OK let's forget for a moment the idea of an official iorr.org shirt.

How's about a shirt "Members of IORR" with no restriction of fonts,colours, pictures or copyright.

I mean the Shidoobeeans give a damn about these things and they're located in the US where they should have more restrictions than us.

Let BV do his own shirt and the members do their own as well.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 19, 2007 20:11

Ablett, don't throw in the towel. You have been the main force keeping this thing alive. I bet there are many many more doing what I am - watching and keeping our traps shut because it looks already like a logistical nightmare w/o a bunch of us piping in left and right without anyhting really to say.
The SECOND design from Lady sssoul on Pg 20 stands out very very strong. Better than the one just reposted here IMO. Instantly recognizable, black on white OR White on black. Combined with your graphics, ab;lett.

Note - mack jigger is throwing in some solid ideas too.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: January 19, 2007 20:20

Is it intended to be a Stones shirt or a website shirt? The problem is the website has no logo with which it is associated. Using a tongue or the likenesses of the Stones makes it more of a Stones shirt than a promotional advertisement for the website.

The tongue on the Shidoobee shirt was made secondary to the website advertisement.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 19, 2007 21:15

I'll go for a shirt whitout a picture of the Stones there are to many members, let's take something that's is typical Stones

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 19, 2007 21:27

Is it possible to have the Omaha image the other way around, so that the background is white (transparent), and the image is black? I tried "negative" bot that does not make sense. The image above will work if it is printed on a dark T-shirt, but I think it should work both on dark and white/grey background. Does this make sense? Anybody understand what I am trying to do? I just don't want the image to look like a printed rectange, it should fit in as a silhouette, any color T-shirt.

Thanks!

Bjornulf

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 19, 2007 21:33

Is this what you had in mind?:

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 19, 2007 21:40

lol

Date: January 19, 2007 22:15

>> Anybody understand what I am trying to do? I just don't want the image to look like a printed rectange,
it should fit in as a silhouette <<

i understand what you mean, BV, but i don't know how to accomplish it.

and Ablett honey, i am not ignoring your generous lesson in photoshop tricks -
the trouble is i don't have either photoshop or the gift for design it takes to do be creative that way.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: January 19, 2007 22:47

I did this one (I'm bored) but I know it's not what I'd like to achieve.

My favorite so far is the Mick silhouette and I was hoping to get a Keith one.

I was also thinking it would be possible to do a silhouette of their hair. Not quite like this but similar... (Let's face it, Ron and Keith's hair would look excellent in silhouette)

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: January 19, 2007 22:51

sjs12 Wrote:

>
> I was also thinking it would be possible to do a
> silhouette of their hair. Not quite like this but
> similar... (Let's face it, Ron and Keith's hair
> would look excellent in silhouette)
>
>

That's funny. I was thinking about a hair one too.

I bet that Keith's ladies on this board would go for the Keith silouette. Hell, I even would. That a great pose.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 19, 2007 22:54

That's a nice one

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-20 06:34 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: January 19, 2007 23:00

Next to Keith's bike ride, best picture ever posted!!!!!

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: January 19, 2007 23:19

>I've made a t-shirt, and I think we have a winner....

Dance with the one legged woman! (too much blood 12"..)

Date: January 20, 2007 00:15

Jim Pietryga's very kindly said one of his shots could be used for this project
so ... cool! carry on

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: January 20, 2007 00:21

ablett...thanks for your constant efforts. You're doing nice stuff....I would/will buy any shirt you decide to turn out.

Thank you.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: January 20, 2007 00:51

I don't know what's going to fly. But we all know it's ultimately bv decision. He said he want's it simple whick in my opinion,makes the most since,you don't want it to busy. Everybody has great ideas imo. But I think bv should go with how the stones did the LA Forum t shirt's from last year they went back to 75 basically. A big round circle. On the top on the inside of the circle have IORR. ORG. In the middle Have ALL WORLD FAN CLUB. or WORLD WIDE FAN CLUB. Then on the bottom how the stones do it established in 1964. Put Since 1980. you have to look at that forum shirt though to see what i mean. Then instead of what i'm seeing everone basicaly puting there favorite stone like Keef or Mick on the shirts that's lame. This is a fan club have a silloette of fan's. Like that one painting woody did looking out from the stage and he has all those fans in the audience that are skeletons, with weird cloth's and faces very acidy, artwork. Does anyone know the painting i'm talking about?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-20 07:11 by stonesfrk.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: January 20, 2007 01:03

No - can you link to it

Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: January 20, 2007 02:21

Ablett I love the Last blue one! Id be in for two or three

Date: January 20, 2007 03:29

sjs12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No - can you link to it

Hey sjs12, You can kind of get a glimpe of it at Stonesdoug web-site. Go to MGM photos, on the first page there is twoo pictures of it and there playing on the b-stage. It is kind of far away the paintings but you can get my jist. This painting close up of the fan's is trippy,and really cool imo. By the way sjs i saw your e-mail do you work at Veritas UK. My cousin is Terry Cunningham,ring a bell?

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: January 20, 2007 06:09

I love that Keith picture.I always wanted to have a t-shirt with that photo.I think I am gonna make one like this.Much better than Mick's photo.

Date: January 20, 2007 07:05

StratoGR Wrote:
> I love that Keith picture.I always wanted to have
> a t-shirt with that photo.I think I am gonna make
> one like this.Much better than Mick's photo.

I agree i love that picture too. But to single anyone of the stones on a IORR shirt imo it's totally not happening. unless your doing your own thing,and bv let's you use his web name involved in it.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: January 20, 2007 07:17

I don't care for the web name.I just like this photo and I'll make one with photoshop.I really wonder what the final design would be.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 20, 2007 09:06

Stonesfrk, that painting is called the b-stage, done on this tour.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 20, 2007 09:16

StratoGR Wrote:
> I love that Keith picture.I always wanted to have
> a t-shirt with that photo.I think I am gonna make
> one like this.Much better than Mick's photo.

i'd like a shirt with the mick silhouette on the front and that keith silhouette on the back! no words at all.

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: January 20, 2007 10:05

All the informations, with semplicity
Sici

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 70

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1210
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home