Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 32
Re: Europe 2007 - 40 shows
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 29, 2007 12:52

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> See the IORR tour dates 2007 pages. It is all
> there you know. I.e. about the tour, including
> number of shows - estimated guess.

Well yeah. I check that site several times each day. It's just that the 2007 tour page has the dates coming up when they're rumored. I was thinking that The Stones might have an idea about how many they'd play this time, and perhaps you have the lowdown on it.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 29, 2007 13:30

If you read the text above those dates then you will see my general message about the tour, and how many shows I am expecting them to do this summer. Best estimate guess.

Bjornulf

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 29, 2007 13:35

bv Wrote:
> If you read the text above those dates then you
> will see my general message about the tour, and
> how many shows I am expecting them to do this
> summer. Best estimate guess.

Ah yes. Thank you. So still there's about 8 shows missing from the list. They'll probably pop up soon. We've heard that this week is the one with the official tour news too.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: January 29, 2007 13:44

bv Wrote:
People are desperate to see
> them so there is no rush. Most people here would
> buy the ticket the same day they go on sale so
> there you go...

Yes I would agree that there are people desperate to see them, and all 8-10 of them post here on a more-than-regular basis. My guess, though, is that 99% of us are far from desperately wanting to see the Stones...

Date: January 29, 2007 14:36

Everybody is desperate to see the Stones. If the Stones are in town and you are not desperate to see them then you need a doctor to examine your head. If you are on IORR and you are not desperate to see them when they are coming into your town then you need two doctors to examine your head.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 29, 2007 14:38

LOL Bjornulf

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 29, 2007 14:43

bv Wrote:
---- If you are on IORR and you are not desperate
> to see them when they are coming into your town
> then you need two doctors to examine your head.

And what about a third opinion?

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: January 29, 2007 14:52

bv Wrote:
> Everybody is desperate to see the Stones. If the
> Stones are in town and you are not desperate to
> see them then you need a doctor to examine your
> head. If you are on IORR and you are not desperate

'Everybody' is not desperate to see the stones...Since I was 12 yrs old they have been a huge part of my life, but I am by no means desperate to see them (having seen them many times since '72). I believe that those who are desperate are the ones needing to have their head examined.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: January 29, 2007 15:25

bv Wrote:
> Everybody is desperate to see the Stones. If the
> Stones are in town and you are not desperate to
> see them then you need a doctor to examine your
> head. If you are on IORR and you are not desperate

:-D
To your last point: then you are dead...you don't need two doctors anymore
:-)))))))

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 29, 2007 16:13

keefstheman Wrote:
>
>
> 'Everybody' is not desperate to see the
> stones...Since I was 12 yrs old they have been a
> huge part of my life, but I am by no means
> desperate to see them (having seen them many times
> since '72). I believe that those who are desperate
> are the ones needing to have their head examined.

For a change I agree with you. Looking forward to it - yes, immensely. And I'd be disappointed and feel shortchanged if it didnt happen. Desperate? - never. It's not my reason for existing and never has been.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: January 29, 2007 16:34

I think we should take the term desperate with a grain of salt. I mean, apart from your wife leaving you, your bank going bankrupt, or serious illness, we can't be desperate at all. None of us.
So from that point of view, BV is right. Who would rather stay at home on the couch on the night The Stones play the 'local' stadium? I would recommend those people for treatment, and indeed only by one doctor.

I am as desperate as I can be, from that point of view, to see the Stones. It will be show number 6 (and 7) because I'm not that old, and I really would be very, very dissapointed if the last ones (2x'06) would have been the LAST ones.

Jelle

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 29, 2007 16:37

I hope..they come..but i really have my doubts(Wanna be wrong!).

Date: January 29, 2007 16:45

have faith, brother rooster!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 29, 2007 16:53

Yeah Gazza wont stop believin..cheers!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 29, 2007 21:10

so the london, athens, zagreb, belgrade, bucharest route is appealing to me. are there worthwhile things to do the latter 3 cities? is it beautiful?

Date: January 29, 2007 21:17

bv Wrote:
> If you read the text above those dates then you
> will see my general message about the tour, and
> how many shows I am expecting them to do this
> summer. Best estimate guess.

I notice that figure has changed slightly in recent days.... smiling smiley

Date: January 29, 2007 21:27

bv Wrote:
> They may announce the tour on 2-3 months notice no
> problem. If it starts early June they don't need
> to announce anything until after Easter time. But
> they will probably announce it some time during
> the next 1-2 months. People are desperate to see
> them so there is no rush. Most people here would
> buy the ticket the same day they go on sale so
> there you go...

have to say I disagree - partly for the business reasons that Tralala states. The done thing for European stadium tours now is to get the tickets on sale early. Its more a problem when you leave it late because of a) the competition from other acts and festivals and the fact that most people will have other artists that they'll spend their money on and b) that people DO have plans to make regarding holidays in the summer - yes, even that majority of the audience who you assert wont be travelling that far to see the band. Its exacerbated more by the fact that this is the second leg of a European tour for many, just 12 months after the last one (which had problems with slow sales in MANY markets) and the tickets are comparatively pricey for most 'casual fans, let alone those of who us who will want to go anyway.

I hope to hell they dont leave it for 1-2 months. Whilst they'll sell fast in some markets, for the Stones to plan a European stadium tour in 2007 at such short notice would be an act of idiocy. If some shows are finalised already, then get them on sale NOW. There's no logic and nothing to gain in waiting a month or two for the arrangements for other dates to fall into place. They can always add shows to the itinerary in the weeks that follow. After all, they always do anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-29 21:29 by Gazza.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 29, 2007 21:46

The longer tickets are on sale, the longer they'll have bad publicity because of possibel slow sales.
For us of course it suCKs because airplane ticket prices only go up from now on.

Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: January 29, 2007 21:52

I'd say "Europe 2007 - ca. 30 shows". Announcements early February. Tour start appears likely somewhere "near" Erfurt (which town has the first "known" date) if the Shidoobee rumour is right that the tour will start in early June (Dresden?, Prague?)

Date: January 29, 2007 22:06

Harm Wrote:
> The longer tickets are on sale, the longer they'll
> have bad publicity because of possibel slow
> sales.

Its not like bad publicity will affect sales and initially slow sales can always pick up if you have months to sell tickets. If you announce a show at short notice, it gives you less time to fill a stadium and for Cohl to do whatever emergency measures he needs to pad the place out.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 29, 2007 22:13

The Stones should realize they don't sell out stadiums as easily as they used to
(and not only because of high ticket prices)

Date: January 29, 2007 22:18

Harm Wrote:
> The Stones should realize they don't sell out
> stadiums as easily as they used to
> (and not only because of high ticket prices)

I thought Cohl would have got a reality check after the desperate measures he had to go to on the fall tour to get rid of unsold tickets. Seemingly not.

Date: January 29, 2007 22:42

I am sure Michael Cohl knows his business much better than us. He is good at making shows happen. We are good at attending the shows.

Bjornulf

Date: January 29, 2007 23:07

No doubt he is, but theres also no doubt that they made several shows harder to sell both in Europe and in the US in recent months with some bizarre decisions and serious overestimations of their drawing power.. For various reasons, the days when the Stones will fill every stadium they play within hours are gone - which, in my opinion, means that the longer they have to sell and promote a show the better for everyone concerned - band, promoter and fans alike.

Date: January 29, 2007 23:10

some of you guys get hung up on words and give BV an unfair time. Just cos he says "desperate".

Remember the guy does not have english as his first langauge and give him a break

Posted by: crazymama ()
Date: January 30, 2007 00:00

I guess there's a good reason, why many of us are "desperately" waiting for shows. If they don't play Europe this year, the chances to see them are getting smaller and smaller. With each year.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 30, 2007 00:09

they're playing shows this summer so let's just start talking about where to go, shall we?

who's up for zagreb with me, anyone??

Date: January 30, 2007 00:24

Captain Jack Sparrow Wrote:
> some of you guys get hung up on words and give BV
> an unfair time. Just cos he says "desperate".
>
> Remember the guy does not have english as his
> first langauge and give him a break

I dont think anyone is doing it because of that, in fairness. If thats the case, I'm sure its unintentional. Bjornulf is excited about a tour - as all European fans are, some with different degrees of enthusiasm than others

And having met him, I can vouch for his excellent English. Likewise with pretty much every Scandinavian I've met.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-30 00:25 by Gazza.

Date: January 30, 2007 00:58

DESPERATE:
I would say people are desperate when I get 10-15 e-mail from the same people every week and some every day asking about show dates and all of that, even if people do know I only tell what I am ready to tell on the IORR tour dates pages. I do know what desperate means. We have the same word/term in my own language. If people feel this as an offence please read a nicer word: "Very very impatient". Feels better?

NUMBER HAVE CHANGED:
I don't think so. I posted an estimated number of shows to be 15-20 in November on the 2007 European tour page, and I changed that number to 20 the other day. I would not call that a big change. In fact that is not a change at all vs. my Estimates for Europe on the 2007 pages. I am not God. I am not running the RS business. They probably don't know themselves how the summer will be. I would assume they have planned for 20 or so shows, starting in June, and then they see how tickets are selling. That is how they have been doing it all the time. Market tells how they are doing it.

THE COHL BUSINESS MODEL:
Some shows sold out in hours last summer in Europe. A few shows sold slowly, but selling out only 85% % of a large stadium at overpriced value is not failure business wise, it is just a way of selling. This is the simple rule of the market. 50,000 people at a stadium paying 130 Euro is better business than 60,000 people paying 100 Euro, if you paid attention to your math teacher at school. I am not saying I agree on the way of doing ticket sales like that, but if your goal is to make money that is the way to do it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: January 30, 2007 01:21

Ouch, I did not read that, I already knEw that many times, and have been succesful in forgetting it very easy. ;-)

Jelle

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 32

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home