Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 18
Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: May 8, 2006 15:57

And I have already planned my trip to Brussels!

[www.thomasbolte.de]

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 8, 2006 15:58

EXACTLY....

Posted by: Spud ()

So the shit that happens just happened again.

We've all been unsettled by the week of uncertainty...[and it looks as though little could have have be said with certainty, even by those in the know]..but let's now just be thankful that old Keith seems to have gotten away with it again and all we're faced with is the usual hassle of a few re-arranged gigs.

I'm sure most of our thoughts are with Keith for a full and speedy recovery and that we also spare a though for those folks who, for whatever reason, can't make the re-sheduled dates as and when they're announced.

[I've been in that sketch myself. Yes it's annoying...but I'm just relieved that he's going to be OK]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 16:02 by Spud.

Posted by: MaxMingus ()

PiotrRSpl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I bet you would say "oh how cool is it!".

It is very hard to me to think that someone could possible say "cool" when over 60 years old man climb to the tree. I can't even say that is very cool when 20 years old man (or woman) does that.

Do you?

I think that playing guitar like Keith is cool, but climbing to the tree....

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 8, 2006 15:59

here's a whole sssoulful of love & blessings & well-wishes for Keith
and the people close to him
be well, Keith, be well

Posted by: Maximus84 ()
Date: May 8, 2006 15:59

I really don't know what to think! Hope that Zagreb stay like it is on july5

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:03

Free weekend in paris for me then,

Best wishes keith.

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:03

According to me are all the reports based on the article in the NZ Herald. So, for me only one none-confirmed source. Let's wait a little before we start making accusations which we'll regret later.

Peter

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:05

Peterh Wrote:
Let's wait a little before
> we start making accusations which we'll regret
> later.
>
> Peter

Maybe you are right.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:10

Mind if I make that two, with sssoul?

here's a whale full of love & blessings & well-wishes for Keith
and the people close to him
be well, Keith, be well

Posted by: Maximus84 ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:10

Peterh Wrote:
> According to me are all the reports based on the
> article in the NZ Herald. So, for me only one
> none-confirmed source. Let's wait a little before
> later.
>
> Peter

I'm OK with you!!

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:14

Peterh Wrote:
> According to me are all the reports based on the
> article in the NZ Herald. So, for me only one
> none-confirmed source. Let's wait a little before
> later.
>
> Peter

Peter, the NZ Herald report came out sans the comments from the publicist, who later added (contrary to the initial report) that the surgery was today and that some dates would be cancelled. That's new. Whatever the case may be, one thing we should take away from this is that we should definitely not believe anything that comes out of the mouths of any Stones spokesman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 16:15 by Raoul Duke.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:17

Can understand the frustrations - I've been inconvenienced myself by postponed/cancelled shows before and it entails a lot more hassle and expense than just arranging a new date for a show.

However, aside from the frustration at the stupidity of an intoxicated man of his age climbing trees, the main issue and the bigger picture is the man's health. Thankfully we DO get another chance to see him. It could have been a LOT worse and we might not have had that choice. I'm not surprised the first few shows are postponed. I feared this would be the case. The main emotion I have is relief he's going to be ok.

However, a big thumbs down to the Stones' management for treating us all like mushrooms by keeping us in the dark and feeding us shit for the last week. They obviously knew when they made their initial press release that Keith would need further surgery and longer recuperation time, but persisted in denying it. Whilst its reasonable that the man gets privacy when he's ill (which hes basically got as he hasnt been seen publicly since it happened), the fact is that there are hundreds of thousands of people who have made travel plans around these shows and deserve to be kept informed (the Stones management always seem oblivious to the fact that many of the people who go to these shows dont just live in the same city but have flights and hotels to book). I'm sure there were quite a few people who bought tickets and made travel arrangements within the last few days based on the official statement that all was OK and the tour would be starting on schedule.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:19

Get well soon Keith...Just glad it wasnt any worse that it is...

so another delay...as long as Keith "Keeps HIS Motor Runnin", its all good.

Hang in there,

JR

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:20

First and foremost I hope that Keith is really recovering , theres nothing like your health!
But who among you that is blaming TooTough for thinking about the money , the anticipation, the planing ,etc etc.. got any plans to travel to Barcelona or Madrid?? I wonder if those were on his and my position should have the same reaction!?!?
Cause its not only for the money, otherwise we should all our lives collectd so many Stones items(CD, DVDs,books, posters, etc etc...)But personally speaking involves more people then me.Family,work schedulles, the friends that I convinced to follow me, and their lives!!
I ve got mixed feelings towards all this. Im very happy that he is alive (if the doctors feared for his life in some point) but then I sad for all the rest and once again for all the lack of official news regarding this, to give time to the fans rethink their planing and ...get some of the money involved!
I agree and understand TooTough
Another thing was that I was really looking forward to meet my fellow IORReans in the Glaciar pub!!
But like I said in the beginnig Keith get well, with or without Tour

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 16:25 by Riffbuk.

Posted by: sater ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:23

TooTough Wrote:
> Am I the only one upset here?
>
> Strange situation, but I´ll stand my ground.

you have right Lorenz!!!!He behaving like a IDIOT!!!!!If he have brain surgery then European tour will not start this year...It is too dangerous for him..

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:26

have been looking forward with excitement to Barcelona for nearly 6 months now....
I can imagine the hastle its going to be , to secure ticket refunds etc, cancelling my flights/hotel.

I'm very pleased and relieved Keith is on the mend- but also extremely unhappy with the managements handling of this and keeping the fans in the dark (see Gazza's eloquent post, above)

It's a lesson learnt for me-
i won't book in advance, to see a Stones show overseas, ever again...it's just too risky at this late stage in their careers.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:27

Well said Gazza

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:28

sater Wrote:
> TooTough Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Am I the only one upset here?
> >
> > Strange situation, but I´ll stand my ground.
>
>
> you have right Lorenz!!!!

I´m not Lorenz, but I want to know what Lorenz
thinks about all this;-)

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:31

Stones Inc (Mick) has really been an @#$%& about the rumours. They knew they had to cancel, of course they did. Keith is just Keith. He is supposed to climb trees.

Posted by: LolA ()

Gazza Wrote:
> >
> However, a big thumbs down to the Stones'
> management for treating us all like mushrooms by
> keeping us in the dark and feeding us shit for the
> last week. They obviously knew when they made
> their initial press release that Keith would need
> further surgery and longer recuperation time, but
> persisted in denying it.

This is not obvious to me at all. They might have been waiting to see if he was recovering natuarally, and then decided on the surgery later on, after the initial statement.

Posted by: bar_room_queen ()

this was in the nme today - in the UK, the nme music news is considered a trustworthy source of info:

[www.nme.com]

i think keith's health is perhaps just a wee bit more important than a few cancelled shows. a blood clot in the brain can kill you instantly. they have now removed that danger. that should be GOOD NEWS.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:32

Will still go to paris as flights & just recently hotel booked and just hoping i can get & afford the rescheduled concert and the mrs understands, at least i will be celebrating my 25th anniversary in paris.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:34

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> He fell from a hammock.

Baboon, if it really was a relatively mundane accident like that, what on earth would have been the reason to come up with the freak accident story we've been hearing since late april, moreover a story that has ingredients enough to fill the fan base with indignation as we've seen here.

The other way around I might have believed you!

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:37

Gazza Wrote:
> Can understand the frustrations - I've been inconvenienced myself by postponed/cancelled shows before and it entails a lot more hassle and
> expense than just arranging a new date for a show.

So have I (Berlin 98). But now, just like that time, I can live with the inconvenience. More importantly, the man will be OK. And that is a relief to me.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:38

But there still is no official statement from the Stones on the postponement of some shows, right? So nobody knows for sure what shows we're talking about.

What is it that convinces the Stones that they should take each opportunity to show that they don't care about the fan base? Strange band, really.

Posted by: sater ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:41

TooTough Wrote:
> sater Wrote:
> -----
> > TooTough Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Am I the only one upset here?
> > >
> > > Strange situation, but I´ll stand my ground.
> >
> >
> > you have right Lorenz!!!!
>
> I´m not Lorenz, but I want to know what Lorenz
> thinks about all this;-)

smiling smiley I'm sorry TooTough smiling smileywhy I called You lorenz???smiling smileyToo much beer???or it's just a long hot day?smiling smiley

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:44

Official statement from the Stones will probably include the details: what is postponed to when etc. where opening night will take place etc.
Give them an hour or two to set this thing off. We'll get these news today for sure, I hope.

As somebody mentioned - there are good news,
Keith is said to feel OK after the surgery. This is what really matters. Keith be well, Keith be well,
Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well, Keith be well,

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:44

Greg Wrote:
> >
> > moreover a story that has ingredients enough to
> fill the fan base with indignation as we've seen
> here.
>
> !
TooTough and a few other selfish people are not what can be called "the fan base".

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:45

I would like to post here that Barcelona is a great place to go even the Stones are not performing! Make the best of it guys. See you all in Barcelona.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home