Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718
Current Page: 18 of 18
Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 12, 2006 16:34

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, Harm; all of us cant just wait.
> Lorenz for example lost a terrible amount of
> money

I booked and paid for the flight and hotel Barcelona, bus for Brussels and a hotel for Paris.
I'm still pissed at Keith you know. I still go to Barcelona (nice even without the Stones) but it still su*ks.
No word from RS.com yet on the refund for the 2 memberships I spent on FOS tickets for Barcelona. And more fefunds to come!

But, what can you do then wait?

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: mjol ()
Date: May 12, 2006 16:35

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But add a ton of salt. I aint saying this is some
> last word.

Hehe. I know.. But at least, it's some good news/rumors.. winking smiley

- mjOL

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: Maximus84 ()
Date: May 12, 2006 16:39

we'll sea i hope that monday they told us what will hapened with the postponed tour.

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: May 12, 2006 23:36

Hi,

i read today in a german newspaper, that the management will next week make a decision, which shows are postponed.
Official are only the spanish shows are postponed. And i read on the rocks off site
that the St. Petersburg local concert promoter said that the Tour will begin at June, 1 st in Brussel. That is very optimistic for me. But first of all, is that Keith is going to be convalesce.

Thomas

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 12, 2006 23:43

Harm Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>
> I booked and paid for the flight and hotel
> Barcelona, bus for Brussels and a hotel for
> Paris.
> I'm still pissed at Keith you know. I still go to
> Barcelona (nice even without the Stones) but it
> still su*ks.
> No word from RS.com yet on the refund for the 2
> memberships I spent on FOS tickets for Barcelona.
> And more fefunds to come!
>
> But, what can you do then wait?

I´m with you, but we have to wait IF Keith recovers. If it takes months
(as some predicted) the tour is gone.

Re: European tour postponed!
Date: May 13, 2006 00:05

D'you think Keith cares about you, your flight, or your hotels? Shaaaaaaa...

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 13, 2006 00:28

I scheduled our family vacation around the show in Vienna. I was thinking of cancelling, but there's nowhere else to go, and everything is set. Well, if there's no show, I guess that leaves one extra day to visit another museum. sad smiley

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 13, 2006 00:32

Dr Bryant, I don't think the Vienna show is in danger smiling smiley I talked to the promoter on thursday, they said they'd know next week - I'll let you know if they got news, ok?


Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 13, 2006 00:37

Thanks, Lorenz. Also, if they postpone Spain, Brussels and France to beginning of September, it may coincide perfectly with my favorite American band. I may be tempted to make one more trip.

Pearl Jam

30 Aug Antwerp Belgium Sportpaleis
1 Sep Barcelona Spain Pavello Olímpic de Badalona
2 Sep Vitoria Spain Azkena Rock Festival
4 Sep Lisbon Portugal Pavilhão Atlântico
5 Sep Lisbon Portugal Pavilhão Atlântico
7 Sep Madrid Spain Madrid Arena
9 Sep Marseille France Le Dôme de Marseille
11 Sep Paris France Bercy

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 13, 2006 01:10

thomas guitar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> i read today in a german newspaper, that the
> management will next week make a decision, which
> shows are postponed.
> Official are only the spanish shows are postponed.
> And i read on the rocks off site
> that the St. Petersburg local concert promoter
> said that the Tour will begin at June, 1 st in
> Brussel. That is very optimistic for me. But first
> of all, is that Keith is going to be convalesce.
>
> Thomas



If Paris is postponed (as is almost certain) there isnt a prayer of Brussels taking place on the scheduled date.

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: marlervi ()
Date: May 13, 2006 02:57

The norwegian newspaper Bergens Tidende report that the official statesment from stones will come after this weekend.

[www.bt.no]

It is all up to Richards doctor to announce when he is ready to tour.

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 13, 2006 02:58

cool - it'll be fun to see the good doctor at the podium announcing the tour, instead of the tired act of watching the four stones do the honors....

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 13, 2006 03:01

anythings an improvement on seeing that smug b***ard Cohl again!

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 13, 2006 03:22

a three-starred promoter, eh?

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 13, 2006 04:40

Yep, he seem to have been promoted by Gazza ...

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 13, 2006 10:23

Another effect is that the slow ticket sales are at ZERO
right now...or am I wrong? Who buys tickets for shows that
are not confirmed to take place or a tour that´s postponed
to until the cows come home (great phrase, just looked it up).

Re: European tour postponed!
Date: May 13, 2006 10:59

another effect can be a tremendous increase in ticketsales,IF Keith recovers soon
enough..... It's obvious now that, well, one day it is over, and this might be a last chance to see one of the magical bands of the last century. Anyway, their mythical image will be boosted (once again; if Keith is up again in time).I almost get goosebumps already when I think about seeing Kieth - and the other boys - walking up that stage, in a couple of weeks/months. As Jagger says in the 'Rolling Stones on tour'book from the 75 tour of the America's "What a weird trip it's been". Bless!

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 13, 2006 11:07

Harm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Baboon Bro Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No, Harm; all of us cant just wait.
> > Lorenz for example lost a terrible amount of
> > money
>
> I booked and paid for the flight and hotel
> Barcelona, bus for Brussels and a hotel for
> Paris.
> I'm still pissed at Keith you know. I still go to
> Barcelona (nice even without the Stones) but it
> still su*ks.

Same as that. I organized my tour so well, I was proud of it. Now I'm back to zero! Why Keith makes this crap only before touring Europe?!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 13, 2006 11:55

For simple information : a french wide-audience radio, sponsor, is advertising today on full page in several magazines to win On-Stage tickets for Stade de France II, 2nd of July.

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 13, 2006 11:58

marlervi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The norwegian newspaper Bergens Tidende report
> that the official statesment from stones will come
> after this weekend.
>
> [www.bt.no]
>
> It is all up to Richards doctor to announce when
> he is ready to tour.


And Richards himself, I'd reckon.

Re: European tour postponed!
Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: May 15, 2006 23:39

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but does anybody know what time of day they usually update on RS.com? I`m in Norway. What time will it be when the tour start in Gothenburg(my wish) is finally official?

Ray
16 and counting. No stopping. New Jersey next.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718
Current Page: 18 of 18


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2572
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home