Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT, Sex Pistols blow off Hall of Fame
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: February 27, 2006 04:02

How does a regular joe become a voter?? Must know where the bodies are buried,haha.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 27, 2006 04:07

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 21:43 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: February 27, 2006 14:58

No great loss that the Pistols STAY HOME! And Menace my dear, I'm surprised that you think the Stones should not have accepted their Hall of Fame award! They probably felt that the Grammies are such a joke,at least this is a lastng award that will make up for the pathetic Grammy awards! Every year I foam at the mouth when I read the list of Grammy winners! Reads like Billboard's top 50! YIKES! All hip hop, rap crap! At least the Hall of Fame playing fields seems more level, more fair.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 27, 2006 15:10

Awards are meaningless and too often a case of who's flavour of the month - the Stones have never even received a Brit award (the Uk equivalent of the Grammys) or even worse got a Lifetime Achievement award (probably because theyve never agreed to perform at the ceremony which the recipient must do in order to receive - as a result such musical luminaries as the Spice Girls, Eurythmics and the like have all been 'honoured')

I suppose when the Stones got their Lifetime achievement grammy in 1986, accepting it was good publicity for their soon to be released new album which they needed, as they werent touring behind it. "better late than never" as Mick put it in his acceptance speech. had they not used it as a bit of self promotion, they should have told the academy to stick it up their jacksey.

the Stones dont need awards to prove their greatness. In a few years time, no one will care who won more Grammys than everyone else..and the HoF has now become so devalued to be worthless.

Posted by: Ringo Kid ()
Date: February 27, 2006 21:49

hey, remember Bill Grundy said, introducing the Pistols: "here they are, not the nice, clean Rolling Stones" :-)
I love the Pistols!

------------------------------
[rockandrollcentral.net]
------------------------------

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 27, 2006 22:18

No fun...

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 27, 2006 22:23

hey beelyboy...sounds like you were having a memory lapse. It happens to me, too. yeah Public Image, Ltd...and that Robert Palmer/ Duran Duran thing was Power Station, I think.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 27, 2006 22:28

The title of this post is 4 words too long.

Date: February 27, 2006 23:30

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 21:41 by Beelyboy.

Date: February 27, 2006 23:40

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 21:41 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: February 28, 2006 00:01

The Pistols were the real deal. Good on them they don't go to the worthless HOF induction. The Faces aren't even in yet.....whats that about? The Grundy tv interview is brilliant with Jonesy putting Grundy in his place. Buy the DVD "Filth and Fury" as well as Pisols boxed set. I just love that stuff. The Pistols brought attitude with a capital A and could rock it big time. Bollocks is a classic. One of the all time great albums. Still sounds fresh to these ears. GOD SAVE THE SEX PISTOLS!

Date: February 28, 2006 00:12

When I 1st bought Bollucks, I played it front to back at least 6 times w/out stopping! Only Sgt. Pepper, Some Girls, Live at Leeds, LZEP I, Ramones,and Highway to Hell have made me THAT crazy from the get go!

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: February 28, 2006 00:27

filstan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Pistols were the real deal. Good on them they
> don't go to the worthless HOF induction. The Faces
> aren't even in yet.....whats that about? The
> Grundy tv interview is brilliant with Jonesy
> putting Grundy in his place. Buy the DVD "Filth
> and Fury" as well as Pisols boxed set. I just love
> that stuff. The Pistols brought attitude with a
> capital A and could rock it big time. Bollocks is
> a classic. One of the all time great albums. Still
> sounds fresh to these ears. GOD SAVE THE SEX
> PISTOLS!

Filstan....well put.......precise and powerful........had to comment on your post....the Pistols were a breath of fresh air in '76-'77....they shook things up

Date: February 28, 2006 00:33

And YES, other than Sid, they could play their instruments!!!!!!!!!!

Date: February 28, 2006 00:34

I must make a sad confession. The real shame of it for me was that I was in London from May through July in 1977 and never went to see the Pistols or the Clash. I was 25 and a big fan of the older London bands like the Stones, Who, Kinks, Faces. I didn't really listen to the Pistols and the Clash until after I returned to the States that year and all I could do was shake my head and ask myself why I didn't go see these bands while I was there? Idiot. I had nothing but time on my hands. One of the biggest regrets to this day musically for me, although I did see the Clash a few years later and they were terrific.

Date: February 28, 2006 00:41

That's ok filstan, I could have seen REM at a small club in Columbia MO in 1984 and Nirvana at a club in STL in 91. I always figured I'd catch Nirvana when they came back to town. Oh well!!!!!! (did eventually see REM from the upper deck at an arena. Oh well, part 2).

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: February 28, 2006 00:42

filstan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I must make a sad confession. The real shame of it
> for me was that I was in London from May through
> July in 1977 and never went to see the Pistols or
> the Clash. I was 25 and a big fan of the older
> London bands like the Stones, Who, Kinks, Faces. I
> didn't really listen to the Pistols and the Clash
> until after I returned to the States that year and
> all I could do was shake my head and ask myself
> why I didn't go see these bands while I was there?
> Idiot. I had nothing but time on my hands. One of
> the biggest regrets to this day musically for me,
> although I did see the Clash a few years later and
> they were terrific.

Filstan.... yeah, regrets bite....but at least ya latched onto the Pistols greatness.........i couldve driven 5 hours up to San Francisco for their last show in '78.....no excuses ...i didnt

Date: February 28, 2006 01:05

It's like Ronnie Lane wrote and Woody sang, "I wish that I knew all I know now, when I was younger..."

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 28, 2006 04:02

Elmo Lewis wrote:

The title of this post is 4 words too long.

This guy is a friggin' genius.

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: February 28, 2006 05:00

The HOF is lame because they induct anyone that was kicking around 25 years ago on any given year it would seem.

The Sex Pistols?

Talk about overrated. One good album that sold squat in the U.S and of course cos their name has hung around with a style of music that died almost as quickly as they did, they are inducted to this now meaningless 'hall'.

Presley, Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Zeppelin, Who, Springsteen, U2 - these are the types of names that are famous and have a wealth of material - love or hate them - that have influenced music hugely.

Why not just get it over and done with and admit Milli Vanilli while you're at it?
Even though they didn't do anything recording wise they had a hit or two back in the late 80s. I'm sure that Viscious played no bass on Nevermind the Bollocks also...

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: February 28, 2006 05:27

Screw the sorry ass sex pistols they should not get in the hall if your alive and well you should have to be there to get in plain and simple. Them not being there just goes to prove what low lifes they are.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: February 28, 2006 05:40

The Sex Pistols may have been innovative, but not because they were smart. They were total screw-ups that got their 15 minutes of fame.

I saw a tv bio once and one of them was talking about that when they came to the U.S., immigration pulled them to a private area and started to strip-search them. I think it was Johnny who said they did Sid 1st, and after they got his pants down, they didn't want to have anything to do w/ the rest of them! Gave me a good laugh, but also let's you know how filthy these guys were.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home