Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: How much do you really listen?
Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: February 23, 2006 00:28

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 01:45 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 23, 2006 00:37

Everyday, cat! EVERYSINGLEDAY! Plus a little blues thrown in on the side.

JR

Posted by: gut ()
Date: February 23, 2006 00:43

Can't say. I go thru musical periods of nostalgia and different moods. Depends on what Stones song or album is appropriate at the time.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 23, 2006 00:46

dj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> T&A Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And I'm proud of not compromising the quality
> of
> > the music. To each his own, indeed.
>
> At least you confirmed that it was a dig. I've
> done a lot of research on this and I'm confident
> that the quality of my mp3s are at least 95% of
> the quality of the source audio. Besides, it's
> rock n roll, not Mozart.
>

Aha! You bit!

Posted by: dj ()
Date: February 23, 2006 01:05

T&A Wrote:
> dj Wrote:
> -----
> > T&A Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > And I'm proud of not compromising the
> quality
> > of
> > > the music. To each his own, indeed.
> >
> > At least you confirmed that it was a dig.
> I've
> > done a lot of research on this and I'm
> confident
> > that the quality of my mp3s are at least 95%
> of
> > the quality of the source audio. Besides,
> it's
> > rock n roll, not Mozart.
> >
>
>
> Aha! You bit!

You got me. Carry on, my friend.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: February 23, 2006 01:11

There is always new stuff I have never heard both Stones and non-Stones alike. I personally like to check out the solo stuff by Charlie Watts and *especially* Ronnie Wood. Of course I love listening to the great stuff that people post here. The generosity is amazing.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: February 23, 2006 01:16

I have a pile of Stones cds in my car and listen to some Stones just about every day, everything from BETWEEN THE BUTTONS, AFTERMATH, EXILE, STICKY FINGERS and STRIPPED to my newest craze, RARETIES! My boyfriends makes travelling cds for with with deep cuts he gets on line, some tunes Mick recorded with Lennon in the 70's, soundtrack tunes, and I play GODDESS alot and some boots. Hope no one steals my Camry, the CAR I can replace!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 23, 2006 01:20

cirrhosis Wrote:

I suppose it is not entirely out of the question. So much has happened today...

Anything good?

Back to the topic, do many of you get to listen at work? I can, it helps me concentrate, otherwise I get too distracted by what's going on around me, like listening to the stupid beeatch sitting next to me who never shuts up.
I can only listen to music I know though, that's why I listen to the boys all the time. If I don't know the music by heart, I tend to think about songs more than my work.

Posted by: scenearts ()
Date: February 23, 2006 01:22

listen to the stones most days - this week Ive listened to ABB/Exile/Bridges to B/no security/ aftermath plus I have Brussells affair permanently to hand in the car/ and the ohio boot from last year. I listen a lot!! Occasionally I even listen to other stuff, but not too often.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 23, 2006 01:35

>> Back to the topic, do many of you get to listen at work? I can, it helps me concentrate <<

smile: interesting, CindyC! i'm practically the opposite. there's very little Stones music that i can use as background music -
they just won't stay in the background for me. :E
i listen to the Stones every day, but i do it when i can really just *listen*.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: February 23, 2006 01:41

with sssoul Wrote:

there's very little Stones music that i can use as background music -
they just won't stay in the background for me.

I know what you mean, when I'm at a party or a bar and the Stones are playing, I have to stop talking. It annoys people. There have been more than a few parties where I found myself alone standing near the speaker.

At work, with the headphones on, as long as I don't keep it loud, I am somehow able to concentrate. I think it's the headphones. It puts me in my own little world.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 23, 2006 01:44

I see your point CindyC. If I'm alone, and I usually am, I crank it up loud. But if I'm not alone, and have to keep it down, I go along with it.
BUT, if I hear a band I'm not familiar with, I either listen VERY closely or TURN IT OFF IN ANGER!
I worked at a milk factory one summer, and I used to put on music. I found out the music that worked best was AC/DC. I'm not a BIG fan of them, but they are really cool. And they made me work faster. If I listened to "Winter" for instance, I would probably go out for a cigarette, and wish the milk where the sun don't shine.

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: February 23, 2006 01:50

I listen to the Stones everyday. Really. I can never get enough of the SOME GIRLS album.

your the easiest lay on the white house lawn...

Date: February 23, 2006 02:02

Erik, agree 100% - the music you listen to while you work is SO important. If I'm in a big rush, I want to hear something rockin and fast. It gets my blood pumping and I just feel the adreneline. If I have to actually use my brain, I want to listen to GHS or IORR, or even some of Tattoo You.

What do you do up there for work up there in your little wilderness? What kinds of jobs do most people have? Are there office buildings or is it mostly farm type things?

Date: February 23, 2006 02:53

I have a compilation of all my favorite Stones songs! I listen to it when I wake up as if I put on the TV I won't get anything done. Then in the car I still listen to other compilations of Stones my car! When you blast it in the car, People seem to look at you like your crazy though.

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: February 23, 2006 03:51

Everyday!

Some days its ALL DAMN DAY smiling smiley

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: February 23, 2006 04:36

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 01:45 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: theboys ()
Date: February 23, 2006 05:45

Some Girls is blasting tonight in Minnesota. . . .love it. Sticky last night, Some Gals tonight - God my wife thinks I'm nuts - like some other threads, I ended up with a gal that's not that crazy about 'ourboys', so you can imagine my dilema, I just turn it up louder. She cranks her Al Jareau, James Taylor, Stevie Wonder, Kenny Logins stuff in the other room. . . .Stones win.

I've been haulin' ass so long, you've been staring in my dreams, lord I miss u!!

theboys

Posted by: theboys ()
Date: February 23, 2006 06:22

CindyC and Sweetheartstogether. . . . .

Any coments on guys the love the stones with wives or gals that just aren't quite there. It's a drag, let me tell ya. I mean we're 20 years in, 3 kids in, and you find out kind-a that well. . . one night. . . .you're rockin'out. . .from her. . . .
I never really liked the Stones to be honest. . .

Oh my God. . . .everyone is thinking. . .divorce, we have too many other things in common

So I move my Stones world to other venues and all is good - hello IORR !!

ha, ha.

Laugh, Laugh?? I almost died. . . . .(my sentiments exactly, you got it Mick!)

theboys

Date: February 23, 2006 06:33

Once or twice a day.Usually when I get home from work or when I wake up on a day off.Plus I always hear them on the radio.When I play a cd,it most often is a live boot.

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: February 23, 2006 13:37

Every day and this has been going on for now more than 30 years!!!
Besides I usually play guitar an hour a day and I play mostly Stones stuff.
This is called addiction.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 23, 2006 13:47

How much do you listen? is a very good question, and one i've thought of bringing up and asking, in the past.
It's all well and good, owning the entire back catalogue, and hundreds of bootlegs, but if they are just stored away, and become dust collectors, whats the point... it just becomes a futile competition. (and one i'm losing).

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find time, to listen to music, specifically at home.
I get home from work .... go for a run (training for London Marathon, at the mo), come home , eat, and there's not much time left before it's time for bed.

Most of my music listening is done, on my ipod, on my daily commutes, to/from work. ( thank God for MP3 players - i just wouldn't get the opportunity
to listen to much music without it.)

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: February 23, 2006 13:49

I'd say a little bit every day. I can't listen to them all day long because a song from another artist may pop into my head and I may feel the need to go listen to that. But the Stones are in my CD player quite frequently. Actually, I think I'll go listen to them now! Next up on the hit parade: Jumpin' Jack Flash (studio version)! smiling smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 23, 2006 15:16

Most days.

Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: February 23, 2006 17:06

Not much.
They're on a pedestal for me, and from time to time I take them down and enjoy the pleasure again.

Now seriously, I use to listen to one bootleg every day.
Now I'm on the Urban Jungle tour and mostly Bill's bass in 2000 light years from home

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 23, 2006 17:10

Couple of hours a day mostly. But
in average mainly some 8-10 hours a week.
Other music about same amount of time.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 23, 2006 17:16

Bro, still enjoying the CD's. Love the interview with Bill Wyman. And Pop-opp-i-top (?). Over here pop a top means to open a beer. Is that what the song is about? What language is the blues song in? Thin Lizzy - great as always.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 23, 2006 17:26

Every day, especially when I do some cooking or do the dishes!!!
Right now I'm listening to "Love You Live"

Date: February 23, 2006 17:33

cirrhosis Wrote:

This could not have been my imagination, and an exchange such as this would not have made sense if it had been with little manuel.

Not sure I understand this. Is your name Manuel, if so, are you admitting you you are on the little side, penis-wise?

You need to learn to market yourself better! Instead of "little Manuel", perhaps you should try "Big Manny" or something like that.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 23, 2006 17:37

Get back to ya, Elmo, in a pm. Hopefully tonite.
Been buried half the day in guidebooks from Dixie smiling smiley
Pop-Opp-I-Topp is just word games with pop music.
Opp is "up", "Topp" is "Top", nuthin stranger than that grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home