Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Worst Stones show you ever saw?
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: February 16, 2006 17:50

denver 94....had great seats ...when we got to them the "row" did not exist...promoter over sold!!! we got screwed...concert was ok but the night sucked....we got a refund however!

Posted by: sherer ()
Date: February 16, 2006 17:58

prob twickers on the 40 licks tour.. was there on what became the first night and the one on the DVD.. was a great show just the sounds wasn't very good... least they fixed that on the DVD so i got better memories of it now

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: February 16, 2006 18:02

Columbia, SC, 1994.

they seemed to really be going thru the motions and completely fell apart on one song toward the end I think it was SFM.

Still enjoyed it, after all, it was a stones show.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 16, 2006 18:18

Never really seen a bad show (9 times). Maybe that's why I don't understand or get into the Ronnie bashing. But Columbia 94, we were at the back of the stadium. Miles from the stage. They did play "Heartbreaker" that night though. Also, KR and RW were very drunk (or FU) in Orlando 81.

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: February 16, 2006 18:21

I've seen them 3 times only, Budapest '95, Wiener Neustadt '98 and Prag '03. Budapest was good, but it was raining heavily and Mick got upset. And almost no bass-sound. '98 was surprisingly good, with an extenden Out of Control, a lot of jamming, that was great. The Prag show was shit. Keith did't play anithing, but did a lot of posing, Ronnie was out of tune all, and we had to wait until Mr. Vaclav Havel was finished with his long-long speech before the concert. Plus: the security did not speak any german or english or hungarian, so they could't tell how to get in my place. I bought an A category ticket, and had to be on a cheaper B-place all over the concert.
But lets see this year. Maybe they are better educated in Brno.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 16, 2006 18:34

4 shows for me; the least good is Amsterdam Arena, august 2003, due especially to Ronnie's performance and Mick's sore throat. Mick did manage to carry the show and save it, and that time I realized how great he is. I remember this show cought several nominations, some time ago, on this very same thread.

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: February 16, 2006 18:42

No real stinkers in the 12 shows I've seen but if I had to pick the worst probably the No Security show at the ACC in Toronto in 99. Found out after the show that Jagger and also Keith I believe we're under the weather and the show was almost postponed. It showed which was unfortunate and it was the first time I had paid a ridiculous price for a ticket ($170+) so that didn't help. I was so excited about finally seeing them in an arena and it just wasn't a great show.

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: February 16, 2006 20:42

S.F. II of the current tour. I have already ranted enough about it.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 16, 2006 20:50

I have enjoyed all 31 shows I've seen since 1995. But if I had to pick one "least good" show, I would say Copenhagen 98.

Date: February 16, 2006 20:55

I think the worst show I had ever seen, or not seen in my part was the one at the Orpheam Theatre in Boston, Mass.
I went in and it was far to hot in there. You could barely move. We went to our seats and the band looked like ants. I couldn't see at all. I just waited for my favorite song, Love Train and I went right to sleep. We had friends with us and they moved to the front. The only great thing was to meet more fans. Especially, BJ and we took a great photo in front. Otherwise, Every other show was fantastic!

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: February 16, 2006 21:00

The 2nd Wembley Stadium in 99...they just went through the motions. Mind you, I was front row & the show was still a bore. The 1st show was much better IMO.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 16, 2006 21:07

Sweetheartstogether Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the worst show I had ever seen, or not
> seen in my part was the one at the Orpheam Theatre
> in Boston, Mass.
> I went in and it was far to hot in there. You
> could barely move. We went to our seats and the
> band looked like ants. I couldn't see at all. I
> just waited for my favorite song, Love Train and I
> went right to sleep. We had friends with us and
> they moved to the front. The only great thing was
> to meet more fans. Especially, BJ and we took a
> great photo in front. Otherwise, Every other show
> was fantastic!

Wow! I was there too and it was the best (better than subsequent Wiltern) show I've ever been to. The heat only added to the atmosphere, IMO. Totally unforgettable and the drama was incredible - being the first of the theater shows, we were literally clueless as to what would happen next.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 16, 2006 21:12

> I just waited for my favorite song, Love Train and I
> went right to sleep

does not compute . . . does not compute . . . does not compute . . .

Date: February 16, 2006 21:14

I was sitting so far away, I really couldn't see a thing. I heard it was Great and alot of guys were taking their shirts off as it was soooooo hot. Wish I just had the guts to make my way to the front instead of just falling asleep. Oh well, Live and learn.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: February 16, 2006 21:16

jeanmarie Wrote:
> Potted Shrimp Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Saw only one bad show of them: El Mocambo
> 1977. It
> > wasn't worth the flight.
>
> ARE YOU SERIOUS !!! you've seen one of the so rare
> club show of the seventies !!
>
>
>

I might have told a little lie just to see if anyone would bite.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: February 16, 2006 21:23

Every show I've seen has an awful consequence. The ending and the journey home.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 16, 2006 21:31

sorta like life in general, jagger50....life's a bitch and then you die.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: February 16, 2006 22:06

I'd have to say the KC show where Mick Taylor came out and played. Just TOO many guitar players!!!! (see potted shrimp's previous comment if my seriousness is in question).

Posted by: jseb ()
Date: February 16, 2006 22:07

well i've never seen the stones live ever!!

but i'm going to see them on june 1st in brussels, on june 6th in Bergen and on june 13th in st petersbourg...

hope they'll make midnight rambler, sway, all down the line, as tears go by or love is strong! (and i'm dreaming about sister morphine..)

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 16, 2006 22:08

I really loved the second Wembley show!!!allthough the trip was very tiresome.

Posted by: stevej0531 ()
Date: February 16, 2006 22:10

My worst ever was at Wembley Stadium, July 16, 1995
It was the third (and last on the VL tour there) at Wembley, and it showed, by that part of the tour it was strictly auto-pilot, all the 'ad-libs and funnies' I'd seen in the first two shows seemed on the third occasion like watching an old re-run.

Maybe it was me though, that was my 5th show in 10 days.

But it was then followed by the awesome Brixton academy show on July 19th, which was totally superb!!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 16, 2006 22:12

The european press conference show

Posted by: kienan ()
Date: February 16, 2006 22:47

I can't say of the 13 shows that I've been to that any were bad.The one show that seemed to drag at times was Columbia S.C. in '94. Martingo and Elmo Lewis have both say that this was also their choice. Remember Keith saying to the crowd after he finished "The Worst" that he hoped that he had not "bored" us too much.Had great seats and the show started off well, then seemed to lag at times.My son who had just turn 11 love every second of the show. It was the first time he had seen them. The traffic after was the worst took over 2 hours for the parking lot to empty. We were told that there were not enough Police on duty to help with the traffic. We went back inside and watch them dismantle the stage. Meet and talk to some of the Truck-drivers for the Stones. Most of them go from Rock group to Rock group as they are hired out. The one that I spent the most time talking to said the Stones were "OK" but, he preferred Pink Floyd, he had just finish up with them and now was working with the Stones. Sounds like a rough life just drive and watch the shows, Oh,well someone has to do it.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: February 16, 2006 22:51

January 14th 1998...MSG NYC.

1st indoor show on BTB tour...

They were like Deers in a headlight...

Keith played "How Can I Stop"...yikes!

PECMAN

Posted by: stevej0531 ()
Date: February 16, 2006 23:44

Pecman Wrote:
> January 14th 1998...MSG NYC.
>
> 1st indoor show on BTB tour...

They had played a lot of Indoor shows on BTB prior to this, including Quebec on Jan 5th

>
> Keith played "How Can I Stop"...yikes!
>
Hmmm yeah, I was there that night, How Can I Stop was not good I remember.

It was also the one show they did Lowdown which was awful too IMHO

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 16, 2006 23:49

Quebec was the first arena show on the BTB tour - the three MSG shows were the next ones

all of the 1997 shows were stadiums or domes (or in the case of Las Vegas, an outdoor show in an arena sized venue!) - apart from the 2 club shows they warmed up in plus the "Live at the 10 Spot" TV gig which was in a theatre

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: February 17, 2006 00:02

I saw Columbia '94 and it was just ok but not bad.

What i remember most about that show was the sign on the highway coming into Columbia that said "Narcotics check point 2 miles ahead".
Alot of people got right off the highway and as we passed the exit, we could see all the cars that exited were being thoroughly searched by the police and their dogs.

Worst show i've seen since the '75 tour would be Charlotte '99.
Just didn't have the spark that night though it was still the Stones.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: February 17, 2006 00:09

I love how we can never have these threads w/o a fair # of people saying "Of my X number of shows"...

We can deny it all we want, but we still feel the higher the #, the bigger & better fan we are.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 17, 2006 00:17

nellcote'71 Wrote:
> I saw Columbia '94 and it was just ok but not
> bad.
>
> What i remember most about that show was the sign
> on the highway coming into Columbia that said
> "Narcotics check point 2 miles ahead".
> Alot of people got right off the highway and as we
> passed the exit, we could see all the cars that
> exited were being thoroughly searched by the
> police and their dogs.
>
> Worst show i've seen since the '75 tour would be
> Charlotte '99.
> Just didn't have the spark that night though it
> was still the Stones.

Hey nellcote'71:
I've only seen them 5 times and the Charlotte 99 show was perhaps my favorite. I haven't seen a bad show yet.
That's funny about the traffic stop outside Columbia.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 17, 2006 00:19

Pecman Wrote:
> January 14th 1998...MSG NYC.
>
> 1st indoor show on BTB tour...
>
> They were like Deers in a headlight...
>
> Keith played "How Can I Stop"...yikes!
>
> PECMAN

I was at that show, too - I thought it was really weak until the best "Out Of Control" I've still ever seen - thought they caught fire after that and never let up. Best warhorses finale I've ever seen.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home