Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Best Part of a Stones Show
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: February 16, 2006 21:50

For me, apart from the whole buzz, is the building anticipation just before the Stones come on.

Re: Best Part of a Stones Show
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: February 16, 2006 21:52

B stage

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 16, 2006 22:02

- an opener that's not Start Me Up
- the announcement or the first notes of any unexpected or rare song
- any really good guitar solo
- Charlie's intro
- any time Mick gets caught up in things and really loses himself in the music
- the final bow (not because the show's over, but just seeing the four of them alone out there - I love it)

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 16, 2006 22:04

I just love the posing it helps me develop my own Guitar Techniques as I develop
as a matured musician.LOL

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 16, 2006 22:04

Seeing all the other hard-core fans (you can tell who they are).

They sing along and know every word, they sometimes make make cool t-shirts that I've never seen before, or have old vintage shirts, and I just generally like walking through the arena hearing everyone talking about them. It feels like home (not my home, but you know what I mean).

Second thing would be hearing a song I've never heard them do before.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 16, 2006 22:12

when Keith Richards has carnal knowledge of the music right in front of me;
and the whole great thundering gloriously raunchy ~*whoosh*~ of it:
it's here, and then it's gone

and the Rolling Stones. just exactly the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 16, 2006 22:16

When they play Rambler. If they don't, when you see Mick enter jumping across the stage.

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Also, talking to a complete stranger (a Stones fan of course) and it feels like you've known eachother forever.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()

When Keith's hands hit the opening chords of the first song. Then you see Mick and the great Charlie Watts. You forget all about ticket prices and any other worries for the next two hours.

That's good, jagger50, and so true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-16 22:17 by Elmo Lewis.

Date: February 16, 2006 22:31

Elmo Lewis: Yes, It's not so disimilar to hypnotism.

When the smoke clears and Keith suddenly appears as some kind of apparition playing the first few bars of whatever. Doesn't get better than this.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 16, 2006 22:45

This year there's no anticipation. You can clearly see Keith as he revs up the opening chords. In the past it was so dark you couldn't see anyone on stage until it was already rolling!

Posted by: ruby t. ()
Date: February 16, 2006 23:31

The best part is the first song and you realize they're in the same space with you, and you lose yourself in them!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 16, 2006 23:42

The kick off..makes me wild everytime!!!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 16, 2006 23:59

KR's openings, they get you every time. Never fail !!

Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: February 17, 2006 00:36

the very first second of the concert because there are 2 hours left of it.
In fact, a concert is somewhat a depressing countdown towards its end.

Posted by: Juiced In NJ ()
Date: February 17, 2006 01:03

The first moment when the lights go down... Any rare song... Keith alone in a spotlight hitting the opening of YCAGWYW... The final bows when I lose it and start to weep with joy.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: February 17, 2006 01:14

Keith playing in back with Bobby Keyes during brown sugar.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: February 17, 2006 01:26

When Jagger stops acting and becomes Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones.

I have to tell everybody...the last part of the Jan 20th show 2006 at MSG was the best Jagger I have seen since November 13 the 1981 at MSG.

He ditched all the pre-conceived silly moves and finally let himself go.

It was awesome...I thought the dude was still 38.

I wish all could have seen it.

PECMAN

Posted by: stonesctl ()
Date: February 17, 2006 02:28

When you see fans standing and singing along to Worried About You or All Down the Line or any other non-warhorse... and seeing all the other Hot Rocks fans sitting down and staring blindly and befuddled.

Then watching those same Hot Rocks fans go crazy for Satisfaction and screaming "oh my god! I can't believe they are playing it"

it just makes me smile that I can see through the crowd and find people like all you IORR'ers!!

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: February 17, 2006 03:33

When someone behind me says "can you please sit down and I say...sure "When It's Over"

PECMAN

Posted by: rocksoffKR ()
Date: February 17, 2006 03:49

screaming along as the rain fell down (pun was too easy) during the Sympathy, MR, and PIB in Charlottesville

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 17, 2006 03:56

Pecman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When someone behind me says "can you please sit
> down and I say...sure "When It's Over"
>

my retort is along the lines of "Keith stands for YOU... YOU should be standing for HIM" or "fĂșck off - the only person in this stadium who should be sitting is Charlie.."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-17 03:57 by Gazza.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: February 17, 2006 04:02

I love the sheer mayhem feel of the show. At MSG people were getting nutty and I loved it. I loved getting grabbed by this girl who was a complete stranger when they were playing "Ain't too proud to beg".

I also love "Brown Sugar" and "Happy". Of course I love it when they bust out a rare song.

I also love it when Ronnie is on during a solo for a ballad and also when Keith solos on "Slipping away".

I also absolutely love the last two songs. They always crank the volume on them. Whether it's JJF or Paint it black or Satisfaction, these last two killers rip everything apart and leave me with a wonderful buzzing hum in my head.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 17, 2006 04:06

The chaotic, pandemonic, neverending outtro's of songs like BS, JJF, Satisfaction.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-17 04:13 by Koen.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: February 17, 2006 04:22

i love it all , even the piss & beer lines , but i really go 4 this stuff somewhere along the 75 tour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-17 04:57 by chippy.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: February 17, 2006 08:46

Where ever you go to a show you meet people and mostly have a common sense: The Stones. You discuss before the show what you've seen where you've been, what you do. Totally different attitudes, lifestyles, oppinions clash together for 2 hours and all for the same team. As mentioned the bucks spend don't hurt anymore for it's only Rock and Roll

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: February 17, 2006 14:56

I love it when the lights go out, your heart skips a beat, I look to see the silhouete of the Keith bending over his guitar to tune and the first notes as he checks out the sound, then the lights go up and BANG! I also agree with Cindy; I live for the " Gems" I've never heard LIVE before. This tour it was " AS Tears Go By". I also love hearing the new tracks from their new cd, ABB this time around. In the past, the first time I heard " I Got THe Blues" I nearly fell over! It's those little joys in life that I live for! I'm easy to please.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 17, 2006 15:14

I think the best part of a Stones show, is up on the stage.
The audience just stand there, looking.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 17, 2006 15:51

Love the build up a couple of hours before having a few drinks and then entering the stadium knowing full well that the t-shirt you wanted as already been sold out or none in your size! but the intro music begins and you know you have been blessed again and when they throw in a 'salt of the earth' rarity like they did at twickenham.

Then loads more drinks back at the hotel bearing in mind you have to drive home the next day still under the influence of drink & the stones knowing you have seen the best living performer in rock & roll!!.

Still brings tears to my eyes even now.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 17, 2006 15:56

When that middle part of the stage begins rising over the crowd on its way to the B-Stage. the crowd just goes wild. When I initially saw the stage plans, I thought that it was horrible that they were going to take away a huge block of the best seats on the floor to accommodate the new ramp, but it really works well.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home