Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
One question for Keith Richards
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 14, 2006 04:51

If you had the opportunity to meet Keith Richards and were allowed to ask only one question, what would it be?

I would ask:

Could I be a guest of yours at a rehearsal session with the band.

Re: One question for Keith Richards
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 14, 2006 06:40

Could I have one of your guitars?

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: February 14, 2006 06:47

can i bum a smoke?

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: February 14, 2006 06:54

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 01:41 by cirrhosis.

Date: February 14, 2006 10:24

Can I join your band? smiling smiley

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 14, 2006 10:48

Can I have your liver when your done with it?

Posted by: MartinG ()
Date: February 14, 2006 11:03

Do you think your image as the world's most elegantly wasted human being ever made taking hard drugs seem attractive to some of your fans? (Then I may have to make a quick exit! Although it would be interesting to discuss it as a serious topic)

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: February 14, 2006 11:10

Now Keith, what about erasing Mick Taylor's guitar parts for the IORR album.....

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: February 14, 2006 11:29

How much?

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: February 14, 2006 13:48

I'd ask Keith to tell me a few animal stories, tales of saving stray cats and dogs throughout the years on the road. Keith, Mick and the boys often rescue unwanted pets and ship them home to await their return when the tour ends! I bet not too many fans know about this softer side of band members.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 14, 2006 13:53

Can I have your money, pal?

Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: February 14, 2006 14:19

Will you marry me?

Who the f*ck is Mick Jagger?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-14 18:41 by gia43.

Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: February 14, 2006 14:24

can I buy you a beer?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 14, 2006 14:36

Can I have your daughters phone number

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 14, 2006 14:54

Kinda like stargroover's - Can I have your daughters?

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: February 14, 2006 15:13

Hey Keith, if you open the vaults I'll buy you a beer.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 14, 2006 16:08

Keith, where's the party tonight?

Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: February 14, 2006 16:15

when will you give up hanging those rare things in your hair on stage?

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: February 14, 2006 16:44

Can you show me how to play JJFlash in open G please?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 14, 2006 16:50

What's your golf handicap?

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: February 14, 2006 17:23

"Mick!!!.....Mick!!!!..... is that really you?...........then duck as he tries to land a roundhouse right

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 14, 2006 17:31

Wow, you're a lot shorter than I expected.... Are you gonna drink that?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 14, 2006 17:44

Can I have your cell* phone number, Ol' Keith, so that I can make a
six-weeks-interviews with ya later?

* given he has one; I aint too sure of that.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 14, 2006 17:48

can I keep your money since you said at Juilliard that you didnt want it - pal?

Date: February 14, 2006 17:49

If my Q dont work I´d be honoured to borrow Gazzas.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: February 14, 2006 17:51

How 'bout a Grey Goose and Sunkist?

Date: February 14, 2006 18:06

New Post Keith Richards AOL Interview 11-24-98
Q: What do you do to stay in shape for your live touring?

Keith Richards: You try working with the Stones five times a week and you'll find that you'll stay in shape, especially if you are wearing a guitar. There's plenty of a workout there, baby.

Scroll down to read the full transcript...

VH1 Presents Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards. The Stones have just released NO SECURITY, their 7th live album, and a new biography and are about to go on another international tour. Say hey to Keith!

Question: Keith, compare life on the road now with the Stones as compared to the '70s and '80s. Besides the parties, what's the real difference for you out there?

Keith Richards: To be honest we are actually thinking of going professional next year. But really, the difference is really a matter of scale. The road is the road, it will always be the road…white line fever - except now, I actually make it to showtime, showtime being when I wake up.

Question: Keith, HUGH here. Any chance we're going to hear Little T&A live on the No Security tour? It's been a while...

Keith Richards: Well, if I get requests it's quite likely that you will. Why not? I'll put it on the list. Why not, I'll throw T&A in - for sure.

Question: Most groups have had falling outs for whatever reason, what kept the Stones together? Who kept the level head?

Keith Richards: We just kept falling in. I don't know if it's a matter of level heads...it's a matter of guys playing together. It depends on your motives... it's a chemistry thing, it's indefinable. We don't fall out. If we do, we just fall back in. We just love to play together I guess.

Question: Keith, what book were you reaching for when you fell off the ladder at home when you broke your rib?

Keith Richards: It was really Leonardo DaVinci's book on anatomy. I had been asked to do a drawing by someone and I decided to consult the master. I discovered more about anatomy then I ever knew.

Question: Keith, can you explain the stage set up on this tour?

Keith Richards: It's a deep, dark hidden secret. But it will be different. But how different I don't know. And if I did, I wouldn't tell you.

Question: Keith, what do you think of hip hop and rap music?

Keith Richards: Funny terms really...I don't really think about them. Everything's got its place. There are so many good ones and bad ones. It's Mary had a little lamb with a bad beat. I just write music...I can't imagine buying my favorite rap music in 10 years or 20 years. If it says something, it's cool… but really, what's a rap?

Question: Hiya Keith! This is Vera, the Midnight Rambler. My question for you is -- who or what made you interested in reggae?

Keith Richards: Living in Jamaica helps. There's no "who" I just started working...I started living there and making lots of friends in Kingston and the rasta farians. I don't spend as much time there as I'd like to. It's expressive, fascinating beat...Jamaica is a very talented island.

Question: Hey Keith, first of all, thanks for all the great music...second, how will the No Security tour differ from Bridges?

Keith Richards: That is yet to be seen, I'm not a clairvoyant. It will be smaller, more indoors...mainly because of the time of year for a band. Playing outdoors, you always have that element called "GOD." If you are indoors, you can relax a little bit more; you don't get dust or heat or whatever God in his almighty wisdom sends your way.

Question: In school, what was your favorite subject?

Keith Richards: You mean, you're supposed to have one? Actually, I was always interesting in geography. Always wanted to know where I was on the face of this planet. History always got me because I never wanted to make the same mistakes. Music I used because it was an easy way to get out of more difficult subjects. If you were in the choir, you were excused from those subjects like Math and chemistry.

Question: Is there anyone left that you would like to play with but haven't? We think you are great.

Keith Richards: There are so many...the list would go on and on. The tragedy is the guys that I would have hoped to play with like Gram Parsons, Otis Redding... (I've been fortunate on the other respect to work with Chuck Berry Buddy Guy, the list goes on)…the ones you regret are the guys that you thought would be around as long as you were. I would love to have worked with Buddy Holly. I would have loved to have worked with Elvis, on the right day. As long as he got out of that costume.

Question: Keith, The Rolling Stones are supposedly doing this arena tour as a thank you to the fans. If so, why are tickets so expensive? I cannot afford to pay $300 a ticket.

Keith Richards: That's the thank you. I don't know...I've never bought a ticket to a Rolling Stones concert. Only a small portion of the tickets are $300. The first 10 rows are $40 - $75.

Question: You have so many cool guitars that you use during a show, what's your favorite?

Keith Richards: The reason I use a different guitar is that they are all great, particular sounds for particular songs. I've gotten so good at changing them quickly. I have a great staff...as long I don't keep people waiting when I change over it's good. And Mick can blah blah while I'm doing it. Obviously the Fender Telecaster is a favorite, but I love Gibsons too. But when it comes down to it…one song, one guitar.

Question: Do you think you will be making another solo album after this next tour with the Stones is over?

Keith Richards: That's planning ahead which is something I found is futile. Every time I've planned to do something, it's gone straight down the hole. My answer to that is: I'd love to do another one, I've got a lot of work to do before I leave you all. It's in the future, let's put it like that. It's in the cards.

Question: What do you do for relaxation?

Keith Richards: Absolutely nothing. That's what (is) relaxing (about) it.

Question: What do you plan to do for the holidays?

Keith Richards: I've already told you about this planning thing. I'm going to eat Turkey, hopefully not cold.

Question: What does the name No Security really mean?

Keith Richards: Well, security, what is security? It's a fantasy...there is no security in life, no security anywhere. It means it's not safe.

Question: What do you do to stay in shape for your live touring?

Keith Richards: You try working with the Stones five times a week and you'll find that you'll stay in shape, especially if you are wearing a guitar. There's plenty of a workout there, baby.

Question: Keith...where are all the Vintage master tapes, and all the original vintage recording equipment the Stones' employed in the early years?

Keith Richards: Who's the thief who wants to know? They are hidden in silos, bubba. Deep, deep underground.

Question: Keith, do you like playing in the smaller arenas, like you will on this tour, or do you like the stadiums that you played on the Bridges To Babylon tour better?

Keith Richards: It's a different thing. I really enjoy playing clubs up to auditoriums. Stadiums, you see, are something that present you with a problem. The music we play is club music, if not garage music. Our job has always been to present music that's supposed to be played to 100 people and we are playing to 100,000 people. Give me the indoors where the conditions are controlled.

Question: Keith - Who is your favorite bluesman (beside yourself, of course).

Keith Richards: I mean, I 'm way down on the list. Robert Johnson, is probably the pinnacle of the bluesman writing, presentation. Then we get into the list; Muddy Waters, the list is endless. I put myself way down there. I'm just climbing my way up. Robert Johnson, you can't go wrong from starting there, then just check out Muddy Waters, you'll have no problem.

Question: How do you fight the boredom with the older songs, playing them over and over again? We love to hear them, but it must be hard for the band.

Keith Richards: Wrong...it's very easy, for some reason, these songs never stop changing and every time you play them, you find another way over the year. When you make records, you've just written the song, then you record it. Then, when you take it on the road, you find that you just scratched the surface. The songs are just too interesting to play. Satisfaction still leads me down different avenues every night.

Question: Keith, what were your impressions of Moscow?

Keith Richards: I was very impressed really. They are great, warm people. Unfortunately, they don't have much of an idea of what's going on at the moment, but I did get a stray dog out of it. He was following me around and I took him back to Connecticut with me. His name is Rasputin and he's the new VooDoo.

Question: Keith, when did you first start playing the guitar?

Keith Richards: I can remember how I eased into that thing. My grandfather, I blame. My mother's father, who I don't know, somehow spotted a guitar player, 10 years before I picked it up. He would leave it on top of his piano; he would never let me touch it. Until I wanted to really touch it. He showed me a thing or two. He had his plans; I'm just following orders.

Question: UK calling Keith! What type of venues are planned for the promised UK 99 extra gigs? Are you looking forward to finally hitting your original home

:-)?

Keith Richards: I don't even know where the original home is. By now I'm a nomad, I'm a gypsy, as is the rest of the band. I'm not really looking for anything, I just want to play. We have a band here despite all, it is still finding its pace, its strength, and it's too fascinating NOT to continue. There's a great feeling amongst everyone in the band. Not just the primary members, but we have a great bunch of musicians with us who are continually egging us on as well. You can't do anything in a vacuum.

Question: So you are really gonna skip NY/NJ this time??? I find that hard to believe.

Keith Richards: So do I, I didn't know that. I will immediately put in a complaint and try to rectify that. The wires will be burning.

Question: Keith, I just want to say what an honor it is to ask you a question, how does it feel to be the soul of rock and roll?

Keith Richards: Well, you've already honored me pal by saying that. I have no perception about that, but I just do my best, brother. I just sling that hash on the stage.

Question: What new rock bands do you like?

Keith Richards: You mean, there are some...that's a little wicked. I can't give you names and pick anything that I've heard on record lately and said "yes yes yes... these guys got it." But I've heard (bands) in Canada, in South America, in Europe, in little clubs. I'm not interested in the flavor of the month...but I know that there are guys out there and they are doing it.

Question: If I came over to your house and looked in your CD player, what CD would I find?

Keith Richards: What I left in there was a compilation of classic reggae from the '70s and the stack on top is Mozart, I have that 6 CD thing, Freddy King, some Portuguese folk music, some African stuff. In other words, you can find anything in my pot, babe.

Question: Keith, Hi! Do you own a computer at home? If you do, do you have

the Internet?

Keith Richards: I own a computer, but I have nothing to do with it. My daughter is probably on it right now laughing her head off as I'm doing this. I own it, she runs it. High tech, I ain't, but I don't mind talking to people this way. This, I find a fascinating process.

Question: Keith, I heard an interview you gave where you talked about your "weave" style of playing with Ronnie. Can you explain more about what you meant by that? Thanks.

Keith Richards: The ancient form of "weaving." The virtuoso guitar, my interest has always been with the supplementation of one guitar with another. You eventually give up who's playing lead guitar or rhythm. You keep crossing and weaving, you go up, he comes below. It's like an art form. One's enough, but it's so much better with two. Ask anyone with one ball.

Question: Hey Keith!! What are your thoughts on the book that just came out?

By the way, I love the Stones and think you are the most amazing musicians of all time. ~~BrrwnSugar~~

Keith Richards: Thank you very much. The book, I'm kinda just going through it, because first, I have to get a coffee table.

Question: What instrument would you play if you didn't play guitar?

Keith Richards: Well, guitar is my main instrument. I play piano, bass drums I would love to play, but it would just take up too much time and legroom. I don't like things that you have to put in your mouth and blow because I like to talk while I'm playing.

Question: Hi Keith, does your skeleton ring hold any special meaning to you?

Keith Richards: I have been asked this many times and the answer is: beauty is only skin deep. This is what we all look like in the end and the beginning.

Question: If you could chose any cover song to do, what would it be?

Keith Richards: Oh lord, this one is really trying to trip me. There is a song called "True" but it's a chic song, so I can't do that. You know, I love to do cover songs. We started by playing other people's songs, like everyone else does in a way; you have a sense that you are not really responsible for. If at all, I would love to do "Chained and Bound" by Otis Redding. You kind of have a back burner here that's filled stuff that you can't even attempt to cover that because the guy that did it. I have to leave that one kind of open by saying there's a whole world out there that I'd like to come close to, let alone eclipse.

Question: From a dear friend in Belfast, Ir. when will you be back over to play?

Keith Richards: Belfast…as soon as you got the space ready for us. I love Ireland, North and South. To me, Ireland is Ireland, the troubles are all over, pal. I'll put that to the band. It's not something I can answer straight up myself. I tell you what, I wouldn't mind going back.

Question: Any chance of more venues and dates opening up?

Keith Richards: Maybe. My experience, where we are going to play, it changes week by week…Mick loses his voice, I break my ribs. It changes, I don't really pay attention. If things go well, we can duck and dive, adapt and improvise and overcome. It very well may expand. I'm prepared to expand the clubs.

Question: What do you think of Oasis covering Street Fighting Man? Do you like their version?

Keith Richards: I haven't heard it.

Question: What are your plans for the New Year's Eve 1999?

Keith Richards: Not to fly the next day or do anything. We are going to live in a hole in the ground and make sure no missiles go off, and wake up with a hangover, with any luck.

Keith Richards: Love to everybody...hang in there.

Copyright Virgin Records Ameria, Inc. under license to VH1 Online & America Online, 1998.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 14, 2006 18:11

"What the hell is up with Ronnie?"

....perhaps we can get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Date: February 14, 2006 18:13

Great reading, will last over night hours... smiling smiley Thank ya ST

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: February 14, 2006 19:58

Can you tell me about how you wrote Gimme Shelter? Did you realize then that you'd written one of the best songs of all time?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home