Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
What do you think about the superbowl peformance?
Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: February 6, 2006 03:30

it was great!
a fast start me up
a rough rough justice
a nearly f**** up satisfaction, when charlie turned the beat around @ the end!!
---GREAT---

Re: What do you think about the superbowl peformance?
Date: February 6, 2006 03:34

by the way...Ronnie was very good!! Solo on smu & slide on rj were maybe the best on this tour!

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: February 6, 2006 03:37

I thought the SMU solo was playback as good as it sounded...

Date: February 6, 2006 03:40

cool solo on a sooo cool stage!!!what a design for a b-stage!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 6, 2006 03:40

It sounded horrible on my tv - no guitars at some points, etc.
But now I listened to the mp3s posted at Buy-Sell-Trade - and they @#$%& rocked!!!!!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: liquorgud ()
Date: February 6, 2006 03:41

I thought the mix was awful. The guitars were non existant for 75% of Start me Up, They got Keith as he was coughing up flem on camera, Ron looked a bit bewildered, Mick coulda used the tele-prompter....fair at best, kind of like an "off" nite

Date: February 6, 2006 03:44

you´re right. the mix was too much chuck´s backing and too less keith´guitar!!

Date: February 6, 2006 03:44

P.S. Charlie and Daryl were solid..............

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 6, 2006 03:46

The mix was as expected. It is never good, but I think that most of the viewers probably enjoyed the show. I am interested to see what the mainstream reactions are.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 6, 2006 03:47

san diego and soldier field's versions of "satisfaction" were still better - i was hoping keith would blow everyone away tonight as he did me on those two nights

Date: February 6, 2006 03:50

the mainstream will think they just saw a group of has beens

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: February 6, 2006 03:51

It wasn't bad. Satisfaction was the stand-out for me. Chuck was kept low in the mix IMO, at least that's how it seemed from my tv set. smiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 6, 2006 03:55

Just checked out who the set list for tonight fill in right "MIDRAMBLER" won

Nico

Date: February 3, 2006 15:51

Start Me Up
Rough Justice
Satisfaction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-06 03:55 by NICOS.

Date: February 6, 2006 03:55

it was really like 1978! very "punky" Stones. Lots of energy! On mp3 it sounds very good!!!fast, dirty & sloopy. That´s life, that´s STONES!!

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: February 6, 2006 03:58

I didn't think Wood sounded too good with the slide on RJ. He doesn't have any flair. Just playing scales.
Jagger looked and sounded great tonight.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 6, 2006 04:04

The boys were in fine form,
I don't think they have anything
to be embarrased about. That was
a really cool stage set. Ronnie
was rockin', so was Keith. The
stripped down version of the band,
I liked. It was a good set too,
the old and the new, all songs
a more mainstream audience would
be likely to recognize. They looked
very dignified but rough and ready
in black,one of the better costumes in
recent memory. The sound
mix sucked, but was that the bands
fault? Also, what did somebody throw
on the stage? Mick bent to pick it
up then tossed it? A pair of men's
underwear?!?!

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: February 6, 2006 04:06

just FABULOUS!!! Rough justice was awesome, rocks harder than on ABB. Now.... what a happy f*ck up on Satisfaction, they must be wipping themselves for that, at that moment. But nevermind, it just rocked so hard, so good. Can't wait to hear SMU.

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: February 6, 2006 04:13

i was sweating it out all weekend-but the STONES came into detroit and they totally rocked it! yes, the slide guitar was a little, as american idol might say, 'pitchy' at times, it was still a raw guitar performance and the stones at their most rockin'. the band looked good, the stage was awesome (why haven't they done this stage yet?!), the mix was typical of tv, but i was for the 99% proud of them.

i watched it on local channel 7 here in detroit and the mix had the guitars loud up front through the whole broadcast. couldn't hear any piano, mick was low at first and then it was fixed.

i like the comment that mick said about satisfaction, 'we couldve played this at superbowl 1- all things come to those that wait!'. very funny.

this band has got to keep rockin period. it chaotic and had life and energy.

pauls performance last year was dull, dull, dull. because of it, i didn't go to see him. it seemed so tired. in comparison to the stones--it seems outright dead, and i like him too.

long live the stones!!!!!! :-)

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: February 6, 2006 04:16

I thought it was great! They did a great job. The boys were displaying lots of energy and I loved at the end when Mick, Keith and Ronnie were all over the stage.

Start Me Up - Awesome solo by Ronnie, actually one of the best I have ever heard of him playing on Start Me Up.

Rough Justice - Well, this song is great. Works really well live and they kicked ass! Mick was really good and doing his thing as well as always.

Satisfaction - Great version of the best song to close the performance. Charlie is the man as always and I loved Keith's solo! Lots of energy from the band.

By the way Keith looked cool as hell dressed all in black!!

"Too many roads lead to nowhere
But how they twist and they turn
And a dead end and a dusty old strip mall
Where your tires are all shredded and burned"

- Driving Too Fast

Date: February 6, 2006 04:17

Paul was great last year....true enuf he sticks to tried and true, but as Mike says, "the Stones always follow the Beatles"

Posted by: poor immigrant ()
Date: February 6, 2006 04:28

posted in the other thread, but here it is...

I was so nervous before it started. I feared the worst, but all worries were dashed. OK, we all knew what songs they were gonna play, but they kicked ass. Keith looked like the coolest mutha of all time up there. Charlie was rocking hard and playing so deceptively simple, that it's hard to understand how anyone playing so effortlessly could be so good. Ronnie was engaged and Mick knew what was at stake for them and delivered big time!
Only bad part for me was the deletion of the risque words, lines. Did Mick say them out loud, but the TV audio knew when to mute him, or did he simply just not sing them?

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: February 6, 2006 04:29

The stage, hastily assembled (less than 10 minutes, per Super Bowl requirements), was a giant Stones tongue. The outer border of the tongue was a ramp for Mick to run on. The inner section was a crimson banner that was ultimately removed to reveal hundreds of additional fans cheering and dancing.

The guys looked quite good. Black seemed to be the predominant color. Chuck on keyboards, Daryl on bass.

'Start Me Up'

Loud and fast. Keith's guitar mixed WAY up. Very dirty and raw sound for the band. Excellent.

'You make a dead man CUM.' That last word censored on a 5-second delay announced by ABC earlier this week.

'Rough Justice'

Keith mixed even LOUDER, if such a thing is possible. Charlie almost inaudible for at least much of the song. Fairly chaotic but energetic and inspiring.

'But am I just one of your COCKS?' Last word censored.

'Satisfaction'

Keith and Ronnie both loud. Keith playing the trademark guitar riff - sometimes on 3 strings at once! Very wild version and a lot of fun.

Hope everyone liked this short, loud, very real Rolling Stones set!

Greetings, IORR folks, from a very pleased attendee of the Baltimore First Mariner Arena show earlier this week.

Scaffer

Posted by: MickGibsonSG ()
Date: February 6, 2006 04:32

They did themselves proud! I was like a proud relative just busting my buttons!

Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 6, 2006 04:37

Wonder if that will put a bounce into their ticket
and cd sales? You wouldn't have to be a hardcore
fan to appreciate a fine rock show like that!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: February 6, 2006 04:38

Let me put it this way. How many bands can come out and knock that short set off that with that kind of power? Not many IMHO. They done good.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 6, 2006 04:40

I thought they were a bit raw, but pretty good - Jagger was superb. The sound and mix left a lot to be desired though. First few seconds, Mick was inaudible and as it went on, I thought Keith was turned up way too loud. Keith & Ronnie obviously were more conscious of the fact that it wasnt their regular audience and concentrated on playing rather than mugging, and left the performing part of it to the master.

I actually thought it was deliberate that the sheet with the tongue on it only came off halfway through "Start Me Up", but I suppose I was wrong! I was thinking at the time it would have been a bit shitty to be in that pit and not be able to SEE them. The stage layout was pretty nice (reminded me of U2's elipse, actually - sorry..lol)

I feared the 'cheerleader' thing would detract from the whole thing, but it didnt. The crowd on the pitch were going nuts. Couldnt really tell how the crowd in the stands were reacting.

Thumbs down though to the show's producers. As expected they did their absurd censorship on "Start Me Up" and "Rough Justice". Does anyone really believe anyone would seriously have noticed had they left those two words in (and "cocks" is only a double entendre anyway. Ridiculous)

not their greatest performance ever, but they didnt let themselves down

PS : On the SKy broadcast in the UK, for about 30 seconds towards the end of "Start Me Up", you could hear the guys in the studio talking. Some prick left the mic on. Idiots.

Date: February 6, 2006 04:42

Well I know you guys on the board mostly judge it from the musical point of view, but this ain´t all and my TV is so horrible, I can only tell what I´ve seen:

It seemed they´ve rocked the house - but I doubt that non stones fans would be too impressed by watching it at home.

stage was awesome !!!

Mick looked great, like a young man -
but please leave your glitter suit at home when you come to Europe and let your hair grow a little bit ......!! To be more critical: I do not like his artificial movements he does recently, trying to copy himself, although he´s much better just beeing himself - the greates frontman alive!

Keith was just sooo cool and into the whole thing

Ronnie was ok

Charlie: can´t say much - I just like what he does so well

Rough Justice was great, but Start me up and Satisfaction I just can´t hear it any more. Although for this kind of event it may be the right choice.

Anyway when I`ll be in front of the stage this summer, I know I will go wild for anything they´ll do and enjoy it as the ultimate kick of deep happiness and be just very thankful!!

Just my opinion.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 6, 2006 04:42

Anyone saw the show by HDTV format?
One station of Japan broadcasted it by HDTV. It was great.
Consider and try this format's version if you buy bootleg.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 6, 2006 07:30

I also thought the show was great. What surprised me most was how loud and raw they sounded. I wasn't looking to micromanage the performance, I just wanted to hear how they sounded and if I was entertained. I would have loved to see them do an entire show tonight.

The guitars were loud, heavy, and fast. Which is what shocked me the most. I have been getting used to hearing them play bluesy and plain, definitely not hard edged like this. The choreographed audience helped give it a concert feel for tv.

Rough Justice was excellent. It was the perfect fit for this. If you weren't rocking during this song your getting too old. My nine year old daughter was singing Satisfaction!

Compared to their dreadful performance during the American Music Awards, this made believers out of a lot of people. The Stones needed a solid performance like this one because the entire world was watching. From kids to seniors, black, white, almost every country on earth.

They chose to come out hard and heavy. They sent a message to all that they still are the greatest rock n roll band in the world.

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: February 6, 2006 07:55

That COOKED. What impressed me most is the guitar tone. Real nasty. Not the blusey tone on Satisfaction of past tours.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home