Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: What do you think about the superbowl peformance?
Posted by: LesPaul ()
Date: February 6, 2006 08:11

start me up: field goal
rough justice: touch down
satisfaction: 2 minute warning

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: February 6, 2006 08:12

great!!!!
the version of satisfaction.....absolute rock power

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 6, 2006 08:33

i'll admit it was fun to watch - but mostly because of the stage. that was very cool. the performances were about on par for this tour - nothing to write home about, in other words. was it just me or was Keith playing in the wrong key for parts of Satisfaction? I thought he sounded dreadful on that one.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 6, 2006 09:42

I thought they did a good job though I was slightly disappointed that aretha didn't join them. I guess the song choices were conservative too, but that didn't bother me. The stage was very cool, it was impressive that there were only the 6 of them--and they were playing live--and the performance was extremely spirited. mick really seemed to pour out the energy, knowing he had only 12 minutes to go.

keith did sound a little out at times during "Satisfaction." But his solo spot at the end was ripping.

And it should be noted that ron sounded very good the whole set, once he was turned him up for his solo on "Start Me Up."

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 6, 2006 09:44

Yeah, the mix was pretty bad, inconsistent at least. Don't know why it was so hard to mix a basic rock band. I guess it was not their usual crew.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: February 6, 2006 09:48

It was simply the hard rocking version of the Stones.
Ronnie all fired up just as the rest of the gang.

Paul you now can retire! There's no way back from this

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 6, 2006 10:08

Next tour: arena shows with the superbowl stage. As simple and pure as that.

Date: February 6, 2006 10:12

Sound : Excellent Soundboard after a few tunings on my own pa...( much much better than the horrible transmission from Utah during AMA-show )
Performance : Great. Fantastic.
They truly rocked.
( Source : Danish TV2 )

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: February 6, 2006 10:18

I was able to see the performance on dutch SBS6 and german ARD. On the latter the guitars were a little less loud and moreover, the sound preceded the image for no less than about half a second.

Therefore I chose for SBS6 and the guitars were very loud. I liked the performance, although Keith's Satisfaction solo didn't make much sense, they rocked and it didn't sound of tune to me.

The SBS6 broadcast did not suffer from censorship, I only noticed a little distortion by the end of the word 'cum', and the rooster-cocks sentence was clearly audible and left untouched.

Posted by: scenearts ()
Date: February 6, 2006 10:57

I thought they did ok, cannot really go wrong wIth the setlist, and I liked the stripped down sound and look- Stage was good - they ought to think about a version of this for next time round - proof that you do not need all the attendant pryotechnics and back up. I was reminded of 1978 tour soundwise - a bit sloppy but pure Stones. Most of all I was jsut relieved that it got full coverage on TV here (UK)

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 6, 2006 11:04

A great performance by the boys.They were all really focused and razor sharp.They looked and sounded in terrific shape.As the commentator remarked afterwards they looked really fit and full of energy.Ronnie played a nice solo on Start me up.Rough Justice has really arrived for me ,that song has now been established as a classic.The stage was amazing too.

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: February 6, 2006 11:15

On my TV the mix was all vocals. I thought Ronnie wasn't playing at first. I watched it with five people who are not Stones fans, and they still aren't. The video was too much concentrated on Mick Jagger. The people who were paid to stand near the stage and jump up and down seemed sincere, but when the Stones were walking off and the camera panned to the lower stands where the football fans were it appeared no one was applauding and many were'nt even looking at the Stones. One of the people watching it with me kept saying there was something wrong with the sound, and "the guitars don't sound right". SInce they rehearsed Jumping Jack Flash three times, I was faked out when Keith started Satisfaction. At first I thought Mick was faked out too, but he was only pretending to be surprised. I actually thought that knowing Keith, he may have forgotten which song they were supposed to play. The Stage was fantastic

I will look forward to finding a CDR with the guitar mix way up, because that is not what I heard. I will also look forward to finding out for certain if Jagger did not sing "cum" and "cock", or if the words were actually anticipated and sensored.

I enjoyed the Fed Ex Caveman commercial immensely, by the way.

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 6, 2006 11:25

...utterly pointless.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 6, 2006 11:26

Oh by the way, who won?

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: February 6, 2006 11:30

great performance,bravo.

john scialfa

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 6, 2006 11:45

LOGIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...utterly pointless.

The point for the Stones was and is an increase in sales for their albums

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 6, 2006 11:52

On the high definition feed with dolby 5.1 surround sound the sound was great and the whole performance ROCKED!!! It was nice of U2 to let them borrow their stage...smiling smiley

Posted by: WAYNEPA ()
Date: February 6, 2006 12:10

Those of you from Europe...get ready...raw and rough is the way the tour has gone from the beginning. Reminded me of the press conference in May that started things up.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 6, 2006 12:11

How does American football work ? Can anyone explain the rules of the game in less than ....... say .... 8 hours and fewer than 20,000 pages ?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 6, 2006 12:40

I thought jagger was off a bit with his performance and the guitars souded terrible on my TV.Wood's slide solo on RJ was terrible and his solo on SMP was like always nothing .

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: February 6, 2006 12:44

In Germany they didnĀ“t edit out any words, but the vocals were very low in the mix.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: February 6, 2006 12:46

American football: The idea is to make a touchdown, bringing the football to the end of the field (called the endzone). You get six points for that, with an extra point being awarded for kicking the ball through the fieldgoal, which will happen most times. So, a touchdown will usually bring seven points, total. If you can't get the ball within the endzone, and the ball has been advanced within at least thirty yards or so, you have the option of kicking a field goal (having a kicker kick the ball between the goal posts). That's worth three points. Another scoring opportunity, less common, is if the quarterback is sacked (tackled) in his own endzone by the opposing team's defense, known as a touchback.

A football field is 100 yards in length. At the start of the game, one team punts the ball to the other team. Thoughout the game, each team tries to advance the ball at least 10 yards. They are allowed four attempts, called "downs," to make this minimum 10 yard advance. To do so, they may either pass the ball (quarteback throws to a receiver) or run with it. The defense on the other team tries to stop the offensive unit of the team in possession of the ball. There are eleven men on each side, most of whose job is to hold or tackle other players as they try to either advance or defend against the advance of the ball. If a team cannot make at least a 10 yard advance within 3 "downs," they will usually either punt the ball to the other team, or attempt a field goal if within range. If they're within 10 yards of the endzone, they will sometimes use the 4th and final down of that sequence to try to get the ball in for a touchdown. In any case, if they can't make that 4th down, they lose possession of the ball to the other team. Those are very, very basic rules of football, but there's a little bit more to it than that, such as the fact that if the opposing team can grab a ball as it's being passed through the air (known as an interception) or tackle another player and get the ball before it touches the ground (the player losing the ball has "fumbled), they then get possession of the ball.

BTW,the Stones were great!

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: February 6, 2006 12:51

I thought SMU was a bit of a dud but they picked it up after that and RJ and Satisfaction they nailed overall a top performance and quite gutsy really.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: February 6, 2006 13:00

Marvellous performance.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 6, 2006 13:03

Judgin from the mp3:s sofar
RJ - Brilliant ****/*****. OpenG, take out the vegetables from your ears grinning smiley
Satisfaction ** or *** gotta hear more

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: February 6, 2006 13:14

i didn't see it live but audio sounds great !!!

RONNIE WOOD was HERO of this night !!! SMU solo was perfect , no words to his slide in RJ. He's a genius if he just want to be focus on guitar.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: February 6, 2006 13:17

Yes!!!! A nice surprise.

Oily.

Date: February 6, 2006 13:18

I only saw the last couple of minutes of Satisfaction. I heard the two songs (RJ and S) mp3s, and the sound was really hard-hitting. But Woody's slide on RJ was a bit wild smiling smiley Cool, rocking performance. IMO it's better that they're trying hard to rock it up - then it's easier to forgive some mistakes here and there. They looked great!

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: February 6, 2006 13:19

They proved why they the best band ever in rock History. They simple rocked!I loved it!!
And the Stage tongue could be used as stage B in the the European tour!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 6, 2006 13:19

Is this why they have been playing SMU on the b stage recently?

All 3 songs have been practiced in the "stripped down" setting . It worked for me!

sc uk

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1433
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home