Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Glendale AZ show live updates - Tuesday May 7, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 8, 2024 14:51

ProfessorWolf
powerage78
Oh, Smart me UP on the first two shows weren't as good? In what fan or media review ?

what the hell is your problem

no i don't think any single performance of any song this tour is any where close to as good as they where in the 70's and they never will be again because the band is made up of 80 year olds and its only down hill from here because times a b-tch

duheye rolling smiley

i'm not in denial of reality but i'm able to enjoy what there still capable of delivering (like most here) and take note of when one performance is better then another

if your not able to find any enjoyment in what the rolling stones are now may i suggest you go away

the rest of us are trying to enjoy this and your smartass quips aren't welcomed or as clever as you think

I'm just observing.
Not ONE review without a bunch of "Best". Eternal ridiculous one-upmanship.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Re: Glendale AZ show live updates - Tuesday May 7, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 8, 2024 15:03

powerage78
ProfessorWolf
powerage78
Oh, Smart me UP on the first two shows weren't as good? In what fan or media review ?

no i don't think any single performance of any song this tour is any where close to as good as they where in the 70's and they never will be again because the band is made up of 80 year olds and its only down hill from here because times a b-tch

duheye rolling smiley

i'm not in denial of reality but i'm able to enjoy what there still capable of delivering (like most here) and take note of when one performance is better then another

if your not able to find any enjoyment in what the rolling stones are now may i suggest you go away

the rest of us are trying to enjoy this and your smartass quips aren't welcomed or as clever as you think

I'm just observing.

ok i'll grant you that there is some over the top praise being heaped onto the band this tour like always

but we've waited a long time for these shows and album and people are excited

cut us a little slack ok

this is supposed to be fun and enjoyable

we're all fans right

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 8, 2024 15:08

Date: May 8, 2024 15:12

powerage78
ProfessorWolf
powerage78

duheye rolling smiley

I'm just observing.

Even I noticed a lot of comments about Mick singing below the pitch on some songs and Keith forgetting the words on the first couple shows.

Did you really miss that? smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 8, 2024 15:14

MartinB
JumpingKentFlash
Topi
PaintMonkeyManBlack
What was the last time they played She's so Cold and Monkey Man?

Madrid 2007 comes to mind. A setlist with those 2 songs can't be wrong.

Correct, Madrid 2007 was the last time. Before that, Lyon on the same tour 10 days prior.

They played it in Roskilde in 2014.

She so cold - Arnhem 2017

I think PaintMonkeyManBlack meant a show where both She's So Cold and Monkey Man were played.

There seems to be only three occasions all-time, Glendale being the third. This is based on a quick glance at setlist.fm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-08 15:16 by Topi.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 8, 2024 16:06

Holy smokes, She's So Cold, Beast, AND Monkey Man???!!!! Can't wait to hear this show!

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: May 8, 2024 16:22

When the Black Crowes are only doing 17 songs a show and someone like Clapton only does 14 we should be happy we are getting 18 from the boys every night! I am selfishly hoping Keith does Tell Me Straight or Get Close as his one song in Vancouver and maybe hoping in vain they do something like Depending On You but it’s great to see how they’re switching up two other classics every show. Time Is On My Side in NOLA was truly special and possibly not to be repeated on this tour. As much as I have loved Midnight Rambler all these years it’s a long song that would take the place of two others and you’re not gonna get better than MR at the Roundhouse in 1969 or at Madison Square Gardens in the 70s…however Amsterdam on the last Euro tour was probably the best they played that one recently. What’s really noticeable from all the videos taken so far on this tour is that the band seems to be really focused on delivering a very punchy and exciting set. And Chanel Haynes-whoa!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 8, 2024 16:30

I hear a very passive crowd in Glendale from the videos. Seems most of the time they were sitting on their hands. Then again, crowds out west are pretty laid back.

Date: May 8, 2024 16:31

another video of monkey man

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 8, 2024 17:46

This isn't a criticism, it's an observation, Keith can go from not moving, looking out of it and generally struggling to nailing it with gusto within a show.
It's been this way for decades, just wondering what's at play that causes such inconsistencies.
He may have not been well this time but what causes such change in attitude and commitment between shows.
Fascinating really.
I know age comes into it but i sense it's more than that, like he's in the mood to play or he isn't for reasons only he knows.
This is why you can never write him off because you can't gauge a decline in someone like that because one day he picks up his guitar and turns the clock back 20 years.
Anyway it's clear to see when he's in the mood it really lifts the band.

Date: May 8, 2024 17:58

little t&a

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: May 8, 2024 18:20

ProfessorWolf

Interesting "guitar break" at 2:40 for about 20sec.
Accidentally or by purpose? Sounds interesting....

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 8, 2024 18:24

ProfessorWolf
little t&a

This crowd is dead, it sounds like he's playing to an empty room.

Date: May 8, 2024 18:39

The Sicilian
ProfessorWolf
little t&a

in one if the facebook streams theres a guy who sits there thru she's so cold looking at the phone in his lap for the entire songsad smiley

Date: May 8, 2024 18:47

Mick's vocals great on she's so cold. Keith playing very well. They are enhancing their shows.

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: May 8, 2024 18:57

It was nice to know you Out Of Time Live... Godspeed

Date: May 8, 2024 19:21

tumbling dice

beast of burden

iorr

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 8, 2024 19:31

falo01
ProfessorWolf

That's Keith completely missing his queue or otherwise not being ready or able to play the riffs there. For anyone who says he's nailing a solo or playing great, I'm not sure what you're seeing or hearing…

Date: May 8, 2024 19:36

JN99
falo01
ProfessorWolf

That's Keith completely missing his queue or otherwise not being ready or able to play the riffs there. For anyone who says he's nailing a solo or playing great, I'm not sure what you're seeing or hearing…

well not here obviously but he had a few good solos during this show (good by the standards of keith in his 70's and 80's not by the standards of 1973) and overall for nowadays he played pretty well

Date: May 8, 2024 19:37

Yes he did

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 8, 2024 19:39

JN99
falo01
ProfessorWolf

The guitar break sounded cool, drum and bass high in the mix.
He nailed Sympathy, Shelter and Satisfaction, didn't say he was playing great, but definitely better.
Just watched T & A he had a brain fart on that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-08 19:46 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 8, 2024 19:58

JN99
falo01
ProfessorWolf

He woke up about 30 seconds later and did rather well ! You have to wonder what Mick thinks when he's "abandoned" by Keith like this, might be remembering his "obviously it can't last forever" quips when asked if this was the last tour decades ago ;-)

They really need to drop SMU as the opener, Keith hit a wrong chord again (not as bad as Houston) but they rhythm was a bit off too. This is putting needless stress on the man. No such problem with JJF. Oh and they should drop the IORR intro too or what's left of it.

Amazing they would have the confidence to play a song like "She's So Cold" that really doesn't have much going for itself and that really sounds "ludicrous" these days when you stop to think about it ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-08 20:02 by gotdablouse.

Date: May 8, 2024 19:58

some fantastic photos from geir greni

Date: May 8, 2024 20:06

great pro shot clip of the end of angry with fantastic sound on mick's facebook page
facebook

Date: May 8, 2024 20:12

from the stones facebook

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 8, 2024 20:47

ProfessorWolf
The Sicilian
ProfessorWolf
little t&a

in one if the facebook streams theres a guy who sits there thru she's so cold looking at the phone in his lap for the entire songsad smiley

Not only that song. The phone in the lap was on every time I looked at that stream.

Date: May 8, 2024 20:47

ronnie on his way to soundcheck, backstage, and heading back from the show
facebook

Date: May 8, 2024 20:52

some photos of ronnie backstage from facebook

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 8, 2024 20:57

He met Zak Dingle!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 8, 2024 21:50

ProfessorWolf

some photos of ronnie backstage from facebook

But note when posting such large images, not everyone is sitting in front of a 32" screen with 8K resolution - or won't scroll eternally .... better post the large version behind an additional link.

And it's "useless" just to copy the image address from FB or IG here since their image-URLs have a time limitation. In some days your picture will look like this - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-08 22:00 by Irix.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home