Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 25
Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: March 12, 2024 12:10

Well it is mid of March, almost mid of March. And the tour is going to start after a month or so. till no news about the reharsals or they are doing it privately. Last time around a month prior to the tour, we used to get the information, a bit of information about Reharsals. But now its completely silent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-13 13:19 by bv.

Re: Rehearsals for 2024 Tour
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: March 12, 2024 12:13

Well it is mid of March, almost mid of March. And the tour is going to start after a month or so. till no news about the reharsals or they are doing it privately. Last time around a month prior to the tour, we used to get the information, a bit of information about Rehearsals. But now its completely silent

Re: Reharsals for 2024 Tour
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 12, 2024 13:42

A friend of mine saw Keith and Patti in Boston the other day. Perhaps they’re getting ready to rehearse here again

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 12, 2024 13:50

First show is 6+ weeks out so there's time. Somebody in another thread said Daryl is free after the 24th so that's the speculated time table.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 12, 2024 15:08

kovach
First show is 6+ weeks out so there's time. Somebody in another thread said Daryl is free after the 24th so that's the speculated time table.

thumbs up That seems to be the consensus understanding at this time.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 12, 2024 15:10

Mick said last December that tour rehearsals will start in March - [iorr.org] . But maybe the rehearsals will be like 2021: "Cars in, cars out, nothing to be seen" - [iorr.org] . The 2021 rehearsals thread - [iorr.org] .

And Darryl Jones is not part of the Jazz Supergroup after March 17, 2024 - [www.Instagram.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-12 16:10 by Irix.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 12, 2024 15:15

pftw04
Well it is mid of March, almost mid of March. And the tour is going to start after a month or so. till no news about the reharsals or they are doing it privately.

They haven't started rehearsing yet.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 12, 2024 15:18

Me guessing rehearsals in LA with a club gig in week 16.

Date: March 12, 2024 15:31

Irix
Mick said last December that tour rehearsals will start in March - [iorr.org] . But maybe the rehearsals will be like 2021: "Cars in, cars out, nothing to be seen" - [iorr.org] .

BV still heard which songs they were playing in 2021.

In 2022, the Amsterdam rehearsals were much less accessible.

But at least it was corriecas' favorite venue!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-12 15:35 by Topi.

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: March 12, 2024 15:42

What does week 16 mean in this context? And are normal civilians ever able to score club gig tix?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 12, 2024 16:00

Topi

Because the Ziggo Dome looks/feels like a bunker: "unavailable to outside fans for anything to bee seen or heard" - [Stoneslife.org] .

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 12, 2024 16:06

JMoisica
What does week 16 mean in this context? And are normal civilians ever able to score club gig tix?

It's just my guess. Week 16 is the week before the show. The opening show in Houston is at 28th of April. I'm thinking they want to do a club show to try out new songs from Hackney Diamonds before hitting the stadiums. If you are at the right place at the right time + have a ton of luck, then MAYBE you could score a club gig ticket. But I wouldn't bet on it. Also, I guess there is a new stage that must be rigged in Houston and they'll probably do a few days of rehearsals there as well. Hopefully we can hear Mother's Little Helper this time around!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 12, 2024 16:07

Irix
Topi

Because the Ziggo Dome looks/feels like a bunker: "unavailable to outside fans for anything to bee seen or heard" - [Stoneslife.org] .

The Amsterdam rehearsals were 3 weeks on their way before the first rumors started.

Mathijs

Date: March 12, 2024 16:12

Irix
Topi

I knew I could count on you to post the link! winking smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 12, 2024 16:16

There will be 2 or 3 days of production rehearsals in Houston and a day off before the first gig, plus a day travelling from the studio rehearsal location. There are also 4 to 6 new songs to learn well - they played 4 in The Racket and will want to try out a couple more, all with the full band and new backing singer (Chanel).

So I'm guessing 3 or 4 weeks studio rehearsals, towards the end of which they might try out a club gig. This timing suggest rehearsals start sometime on or after 25th March - which fits in with other poiinters

Date: March 12, 2024 16:40

They have obviously rehearsed several of the new songs which they played at Rackett so it will mostly be refreshing those songs.

I do not think they will do a club gig this time, but they may surprise us.

Also, I think they will change a few songs this tour and give us a few fresh songs.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: March 12, 2024 19:18

georgemcdonnell314
They have obviously rehearsed several of the new songs which they played at Racket so it will mostly be refreshing those songs.

I do not think they will do a club gig this time, but they may surprise us.

Also, I think they will change a few songs this tour and give us a few fresh songs.

I expect the a set list to be mostly the same as the last tour with Angry, Sweet Sounds of Heaven and at least one more new song in there (hoping to get a guest appearance by Paul McCartney at my show on Bite My head Off; he could stick around and do I Wanna be Your Man with then too!). Keith will do Tell Me Straight, for sure.

Maybe They'll swap some of their mid level classics, take our TD or PiB and add in a couple that everyone is still sure to know.

I think they are past tossing any hidden gems to us die hards!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 12, 2024 19:21

The Worst.

why would you say that?

Date: March 12, 2024 20:17

More Hot Rocks
The Worst.

why would you say that?

From 2120Joe [iorr.org]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 12, 2024 20:38

DiegoGlimmerStones
More Hot Rocks
The Worst.

why would you say that?

From 2120Joe [iorr.org]

Ohh thank you!

Date: March 12, 2024 21:54

More Hot Rocks
DiegoGlimmerStones
More Hot Rocks
The Worst.

why would you say that?

From 2120Joe [iorr.org]

Ohh thank you!

smileys with beer

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 13, 2024 01:37

CindyC
A friend of mine saw Keith and Patti in Boston the other day. Perhaps they’re getting ready to rehearse here again

Great to see you posting, CindyC

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: March 13, 2024 03:40

The Worst.
JMoisica

It's just my guess. Week 16 is the week before the show. The opening show in Houston is at 28th of April. I'm thinking they want to do a club show to try out new songs from Hackney Diamonds before hitting the stadiums. If you are at the right place at the right time + have a ton of luck, then MAYBE you could score a club gig ticket. But I wouldn't bet on it. Also, I guess there is a new stage that must be rigged in Houston and they'll probably do a few days of rehearsals there as well. Hopefully we can hear Mother's Little Helper this time around!

Thanks for this! If there's a club gig in LA on Apr 19 or 20th I would totally line up for it.

Posted by: sotob ()
Date: March 13, 2024 04:24

More info please about seeing Keith in Boston!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-13 04:25 by sotob.

Re: Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: March 13, 2024 15:06

It's a bit early for rehearsals, at least another 3 weeks away.
Interesting to see if they try something new / different other than a few new tracks from the album.
New tracks usually get dropped by Mick if he doesn't get enough applause hehe so expect two new songs at the most after the first few shows, hope I'm wrong though.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 13, 2024 15:26

Judging from the past decades there is a better chance in Europe to get more than just two new songs. Maybe one will have to wait for a potential European leg of the tour for more of the new songs. But who knows.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: March 13, 2024 18:26

I start to get excited about the tour.
And hopefully they will tour in Europe too. I realy feel like being lucky to be a Stones fan. Since I was 12 I'm ferling excited when they dtart a new tour or release a new album. In 76 Imy parents didn't let me go because I was stil 12.
I remember very well myself staring at the tour poster on a wall. I had to wait till 82.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 13, 2024 18:37

Mischa063, I’m in the same situation. I had to wait until 1981 because I grew up in the States. I’m also hoping for a Euro Tour, now I live in Portugal smileys with beer

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: March 13, 2024 19:17

frankotero
Mischa063, I’m in the same situation. I had to wait until 1981 because I grew up in the States. I’m also hoping for a Euro Tour, now I live in Portugal smileys with beer

Hallo frankotero, I used to visit Portugal several times. Lisboa is one of the mist beautifull cities I've seen.
And I loved the long beach south from Costa Da Caparica and north ftom Sines.
I have lot's of great memories. It was from 2005 - 2011. I just had met my wife and several times we spent weeks of Love in Portugal. We also enjoyed the relaxed people, the music, the wine and the food. In 2012 our first son was born and till then we didn't come back.
Bit I guess we will when our boys are old enough to swim in the wild Atlantic ocean.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: March 13, 2024 19:48

frankotero

I got into them in 82' age 17 so being English had to wait until 1990 to see them, it felt like an eternity but we'll worth the wait.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2380
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home