Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 66
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: December 12, 2023 16:28

Preemptive setlist complaints! They could easily fit more than 19 songs in their allotted two-plus hours. But they choose to needlessly extend the length of certain warhorses. Maybe next year, with a new album to feature, will be different!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 12, 2023 16:59

MelBelli
Preemptive setlist complaints! They could easily fit more than 19 songs in their allotted two-plus hours. But they choose to needlessly extend the length of certain warhorses. Maybe next year, with a new album to feature, will be different!

Great idea for a thread!

I've got a couple.

"I wish they wouldn't play Bite My Head Off, Darryl can't play the fuzz bass as well as Paul. He just doesn't swing...he's a jazz bassist you know".

AND

"They just can't play Sweet Sounds of Heaven, in concert again! It just isn't the same without Lady Gaga. Chanel/Sasha/Lisa's vocals sound forced."

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 12, 2023 17:40

Topi
babyblue
Just wondering is it possible they will play more songs than their usual set next year.

No.

Be lucky if we get 19 songs a night. Mick and Keith will be 81 next year.

Oh ok

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-12 17:45 by babyblue.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: December 12, 2023 19:02

MelBelli
Preemptive setlist complaints! They could easily fit more than 19 songs in their allotted two-plus hours. But they choose to needlessly extend the length of certain warhorses./quote]

Less chance of disaster with a ten minute Miss You than playing, say, 19th Nervous Breakdown followed by Ruby Tuesday followed by Angry.

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: December 12, 2023 21:05

Update on the 'limited view seats' message I got earlier this week, I spoke to both Ticketmaster and the Stadiums box office over email and both of them offered me a refund, I know Denver is one of the better selling shows this leg but I'm going to try calling and see if they will upgrade my tickets. I feel cheated that they didn't tell me I had limited view seats before check out, I definitely wouldn't have bought them otherwise.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 12, 2023 23:21

Maybe look up whatever law covers it over there and see if you can claim breach of contract (a phrase that businesses don't like to hear), as they are not providing what you expected/understood was on offer at the time of purchase. Otherwise, you could try your card company for a chargeback. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with this kind of stuff but they know that they will - and do - by pulling the wool over people's eyes.

I threw the "loss of enjoyment" book at AEG for a tier 1 ticket at Hyde Park after finding on the day that it didn't provide what it had said it would in the way of facilities - far from it, as things were very poorly organized. They tried to fob me off but I didn't buy it and they soon caved in and sent me a full refund. Fortunately, they had sorted out the problem by the time of the next show.

Interestingly, they asked me not to publicize it, so I only did so after I had received the refund. Presumably they didn't want the floodgates to open if word got around.

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: December 13, 2023 00:17

I know of someone that would smuggle in one of those rubber vomit things used as a prank and put it on his seat and take a picture if it and then head off to the customer service counter. He would show the picture to them and they always gave him much better seats.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 13, 2023 01:27

Harpo
I know of someone that would smuggle in one of those rubber vomit things used as a prank and put it on his seat and take a picture if it and then head off to the customer service counter. He would show the picture to them and they always gave him much better seats.

You sent me to Amazon looking for fake vomit, but the pickings were slim. Plenty of fake No. 2s, which might be even more effective.

[amzn.to]

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: December 13, 2023 01:37

DeanGoodman
Harpo

You sent me to Amazon looking for fake vomit, but the pickings were slim. Plenty of fake No. 2s, which might be even more effective.

[amzn.to]

I pulled one of these on my grandma and she kept me home from school yet I wanted to go. If you add water, it even looks more real.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 13, 2023 05:52

Gotta know how to game the system!

I love IORR.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 13, 2023 12:40

Topi

I love IORR.

Put another dime in the jukebox baby

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-13 12:40 by syrel.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: December 13, 2023 15:37

I tried to buy 2 Chicago tickets last night on AXS, at first they said $450+ fees and then at checkout they decided they wanted $640+ fees and then kicked me off for "being a bot"

Good times !

Date: December 13, 2023 16:01

Harpo
Amazing hahaha

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 13, 2023 16:31

JDSAM1994
I tried to buy 2 Chicago tickets last night on AXS, at first they said $450+ fees and then at checkout they decided they wanted $640+ fees and then kicked me off for "being a bot"

Good times !

If at first u don’t succeed try again later. Good luck. I got all my tickets now and accommodation. A friend of mine after days of trying was determined to get 4 tickets for Vancouver, he did succeed and scored $500 tic, a bit out of my pocket book.I’m on a budget. He never saw em before now in his 60s wants to see them at least once. I’m happy for him. He did offer me a tic but 500 before fees can’t do it. It’s not even on the floor.No thanks I’ll see em in USA.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-14 03:02 by babyblue.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: December 16, 2023 15:51

Looks like Sasha isn’t coming back next year:
Chanel Haynes announced she’s going on tour with them in 2024

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: December 16, 2023 16:29

TooTight
Looks like Sasha isn’t coming back next year:
Chanel Haynes announced she’s going on tour with them in 2024

Was this always in the cards, or did Sasha drop out on her own?

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: December 16, 2023 18:49

Harpo

Genius! thumbs up

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: December 16, 2023 19:08

How much were PIT tickets at face value on this tour? It was 499.99USD in 2019...

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 16, 2023 20:12

WelshEdge1
How much were PIT tickets at face value on this tour? It was 499.99USD in 2019...

Same-ish. 500-550, but (I think) fees were higher.
syrel

Date: December 16, 2023 20:47

Fees are noticeably higher.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 16, 2023 21:56

Topi
Fees are noticeably higher.

Its to pay for that top notch customer service when buying tickets.

Date: December 17, 2023 05:07

Right?

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: December 17, 2023 13:12

The post about Chanel joining them next year is now deleted... would imagine there may be some lessons being learnt about what to share and when! In some ways it's not surprising. Chanel probably sang GS better on her one shot in Milan than Sasha has done before or since, and has clearly ingraciated herself with Ronnie and Sally. However, I think on some songs on the HD live from NYC her vocals weren't spot on - I think on the first chorus of WWW for instance they have put her really low in the mix - for a reason. Anyway, I don't really care that much either way, but do feel a little sorry for Sasha - maybe she walked before they made her run!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 17, 2023 13:33

GJB
The post about Chanel joining them next year is now deleted... would imagine there may be some lessons being learnt about what to share and when! In some ways it's not surprising. Chanel probably sang GS better on her one shot in Milan than Sasha has done before or since, and has clearly ingraciated herself with Ronnie and Sally. However, I think on some songs on the HD live from NYC her vocals weren't spot on - I think on the first chorus of WWW for instance they have put her really low in the mix - for a reason. Anyway, I don't really care that much either way, but do feel a little sorry for Sasha - maybe she walked before they made her run!

No posts about Chanel Haynes have ben deleted. I have noticed that some spell her name wrong, but if you search for IORR on her first name, then you will see several posts:

IORR Search, Search Message = Chanel

Bjornulf

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: December 17, 2023 14:56

bv
GJB

No posts about Chanel Haynes have ben deleted. I have noticed that some spell her name wrong, but if you search for IORR on her first name, then you will see several posts:

It looks like she deleted her posts on Instagram where she announced it.

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: December 17, 2023 16:46

TooTight
bv
GJB

It looks like she deleted her posts on Instagram where she announced it.

Anyway - the announcement that Chanel is part of the current line-up for the 2024 tour was in several articles (see the link below)
I saw Chanel live in Milan 2022 - sorry Sasha, but at "Gimme Shelter" Chanel sings in a different league. She was/is phenomenal!

[www.jambase.com]

Posted by: bam ()
Date: December 17, 2023 18:06

The Jambase article doesn’t list Bernard as being part of the backup band for the tour. Is that confirmed?
[www.jambase.com]

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: December 17, 2023 20:43

I meant Chanel's own instagram post had been deleted - not anything to do with IORR posts smiling smiley

I'm not going to read too much into the jambase article leaving out Bernard.

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: December 17, 2023 22:08

Does anyone know if it would be worth the extra $200+ to upgrade my seats for Denver from section 110 to section 106, my current seats will likely be an obstructed view by the sound towers. I'm going with a group of 5 and this is the only place in the stadium with 5 consecutive seats + a non obstructed view.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 17, 2023 22:37

FeelslikeaGhost
I'm going with a group of 5 and this is the only place in the stadium with 5 consecutive seats + a non obstructed view.

Could you do 3 in one row, and 2 directly behind or in front? Could be more sociable?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home