Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 66
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 25, 2023 01:38

Every tour, since 1972, I get STSD: Stones Ticket Stress Disorder. A few days before tickets go on sale, I start to feel tense. That tension gets worse and worse until I get my tickets. My STSD gets so bad that I often make very very bad decisions when buying tickets. I almost always over pay. Or I buy seats I don’t want out of desperation, then have to buy more tickets later. It’s truly awful until I have the tickets I want. Only then does the stress subside.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 25, 2023 01:46

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Pre ticket stress is legendary.

No worries. Everybody gets tickets.

Agreed. IIRC for the 2021 tour, I bought pit tickets on TM about 3 weeks before the St. Louis and Dallas shows.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: November 25, 2023 01:58

Why aren’t they playing the Sphere in Vegas

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 25, 2023 02:25

JadedFaded
Every tour, since 1972, I get STSD: Stones Ticket Stress Disorder. A few days before tickets go on sale, I start to feel tense. That tension gets worse and worse until I get my tickets. My STSD gets so bad that I often make very very bad decisions when buying tickets. I almost always over pay. Or I buy seats I don’t want out of desperation, then have to buy more tickets later. It’s truly awful until I have the tickets I want. Only then does the stress subside.

Same

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: November 25, 2023 02:31

Regarding the Sphere, it seats 20,000 and it would be very difficult for the promoter to meet the Stones per show guarantee with only 20,000 tickets.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 25, 2023 03:35

I just got off the phone with a women from axs and explained to her what happened yesterday and she had no idea that this happened she asked a manager about it said that they never should have allowed it to charge people's credit cards but they said they were sorry so I asked the women to sell me back my tickets and she just laughed. I thought I'd give it a shot.

Posted by: irishjohnnie ()
Date: November 25, 2023 04:19

My tickets for Chicago disappeared too. The lady from AXS live chat said that her information is that the venue canceled.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: November 25, 2023 04:19

JadedFaded

Oh yea I can relate to that! You just described my behaviour last night after I tried to log into my AXS account from New Zealand and it took over an hour for the verification to be sent to my phone. Dreading the presale and trying to get decent seats. Medication may be needed grinning smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 25, 2023 05:12

Taylor1
Why aren’t they playing the Sphere in Vegas

Allegiant holds more people though I wouldn't be surprised if they do another smaller show or 2 at the end of the tour like 2021 and 2022.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 25, 2023 06:45

drbryant
Is it too cynical to think that the “test” might have been information gathering by AXS for use in their pricing algorhithms?

Nah..wasn't about testing how much the market can bear, because the prices didn't fluctuate. What you saw were the face value prices.

Actually it seems that the base face value price for pits is just about the same as it was in the 2019 and 2021 tour. 499 USD, give or take. The "service" fees vary by venue (and that probably has something to do with state taxation as well)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-25 06:50 by Topi.

Posted by: glimmerstone ()
Date: November 25, 2023 09:05

Definitely same (since 1994 Voodoo Lounge).
It is all great in the end to see the band in the best/any way possible, but definitely some decisions good and bad in between.
And $$$ … while looking for and deciding on best options.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 25, 2023 09:19

Meteor
I’m envisioning the AXS computer dude who effed up by letting it go public in the first place getting that call from the boss: “get in your office and dont come out until you have single-handedly cancelled every ticket and processed every refund…. Then come to my office for your pink slip. Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving”

Stuff happens….

Your envisioning is most likely most incorrect.

By this stage no "computer dude" would have anything to do with a mature system like AXS on a day to day basis.

It's far far far more likely to be a human error by some poor dude in a pre-setup ticket office.

No self respecting organisation would let a "computer dude" anywhere near any live data. Ever.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 25, 2023 10:02

CaptainCorella
Meteor
I’m envisioning the AXS computer dude who effed up by letting it go public in the first place getting that call from the boss: “get in your office and dont come out until you have single-handedly cancelled every ticket and processed every refund…. Then come to my office for your pink slip. Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving”

Stuff happens….

Your envisioning is most likely most incorrect.

By this stage no "computer dude" would have anything to do with a mature system like AXS on a day to day basis.

It's far far far more likely to be a human error by some poor dude in a pre-setup ticket office.

No self respecting organisation would let a "computer dude" anywhere near any live data. Ever.

Coming from ticketing myself - there is lots of boxes to tick when you set up a show. And one box might say: "Enable live for Testing" But there is also one that says "Go live". So you end up confusing things.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: November 25, 2023 10:17

winner is VISA who earned 25 euro each ticket by different conversion rates. i paid about 675 euro and got about 650 refunded

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: November 25, 2023 13:03

dhinkle555
Regarding the Sphere, it seats 20,000 and it would be very difficult for the promoter to meet the Stones per show guarantee with only 20,000 tickets.
How come U2 played there?

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 25, 2023 13:14

JadedFaded

Great way of telling how you feel. I have a bit of the same smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 25, 2023 13:17

MononoM
winner is VISA who earned 25 euro each ticket by different conversion rates. i paid about 675 euro and got about 650 refunded

Well, bad gamble after all Menno, but you had the fun of having a ticket for a day grinning smiley. Isn’t that worth something??smoking smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 25, 2023 13:43

MononoM

Thanks for the heads up. Checked my statement, refund was $21 less than purchase. I’ll call my card company, am sure they will correct it. Check your statements, everyone! Bloody bandits…

Posted by: roma1927 ()
Date: November 25, 2023 15:04

Is it true that people outside US and Canada are not able to buy vip package?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 25, 2023 15:07

SomeTorontoGirl
MononoM

Thanks for the heads up. Checked my statement, refund was $21 less than purchase. I’ll call my card company, am sure they will correct it. Check your statements, everyone! Bloody bandits…

Update - just called my card company. The difference between purchase and refund amount is because they charge a 2.5% foreign exchange fee on foreign currency transactions. They don’t usually reverse them but when I explained what happened, it’s been reversed. Any costs for this should be borne by AXS.

Date: November 25, 2023 15:11

roma1927
Is it true that people outside US and Canada are not able to buy vip package?

1) Why wouldn't they be?

2) Why would you want to buy a VIP package? Save your money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-25 15:11 by Topi.

Posted by: roma1927 ()
Date: November 25, 2023 15:19

VIP package give you the opportunity to stay in first row in the pit, right? I remember they have the entry early.

axs

On axs vip package page:

“VIP merchandise will be shipped directly to each package purchaser; some exceptions may apply. Delivery of VIP merchandise could occur after event date - please make sure to take this into consideration when purchasing a package. Package purchases are restricted to U.S. & Canadian addresses only.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-25 15:22 by roma1927.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 25, 2023 15:34

dhinkle555

If they do the same ticket prices as at Hard Rock Hollywood/Miami 2021, then they would get a good income, and also a high profile performance. Win/Win Stones/Sphere.

Bjornulf

Date: November 25, 2023 15:41

BACKSTAGE seems to be a generic presale code for the November 30 Ticketmaster presale.

[consequence.net]

Date: November 25, 2023 15:46

roma1927
VIP package give you the opportunity to stay in first row in the pit, right? I remember they have the entry early.

axs

On axs vip package page:

“VIP merchandise will be shipped directly to each package purchaser; some exceptions may apply. Delivery of VIP merchandise could occur after event date - please make sure to take this into consideration when purchasing a package. Package purchases are restricted to U.S. & Canadian addresses only.”

OK, looks like if the fine print on AXS says so, that's the game. My apologies.

So there's a package that includes early entry to the pit as well? Now that you mention it, I remember the Sixty tour in Europe lots of fans bought that package - and then lined up just to determine which one of them enters first...

EDIT: Ah yes. The "Start Me Up" package.

Wonder how much those will be going for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-25 15:47 by Topi.

Posted by: tony ()
Date: November 25, 2023 16:22

From past experiences, do you think they will have a separate on sale date for the second nights or will it go on sale the same day after a sell out?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 25, 2023 16:32

SomeTorontoGirl
SomeTorontoGirl
MononoM

Update - just called my card company. The difference between purchase and refund amount is because they charge a 2.5% foreign exchange fee on foreign currency transactions. They don’t usually reverse them but when I explained what happened, it’s been reversed. Any costs for this should be borne by AXS.

But the reason why they won't be is in the big scheme of things by the time they processed a complaint for $21 it would have cost them more...they'll just eat it.

Date: November 25, 2023 16:40

tony
From past experiences, do you think they will have a separate on sale date for the second nights or will it go on sale the same day after a sell out?

That depends. Sometimes they might add the second date during a presale, even.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 25, 2023 16:42

Going to see U2 at the Sphere in a couple weeks. Will report back. Besides it being ‘only 20K’ the other thing, just given the nature of the place (which looks unreal) is I’m not sure if it’s a good fit for a 1 or 2 nighter. I mean - could the Stones play on a stage there - sure. But the point of the place looks to be the visual impact, which likely requires a lot of planning/production.
I’m actually not sure how many acts there out there that are both popular enough, and visual enough that will be able to fill it in the months and years ahead. Maybe the Beyoncé’s and Taylor Swifts of the world? Coldplay, maybe? There are others I’m sure, but seems like a short list. In any event - looking forward to the U2 show, but WAY more excited about the Stones 2024!

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: November 25, 2023 17:00

Since the Sphere show seems to include a catered visual performance specifically for that venue it seems more likely they would do a residency at a later date than this tour. We shall see.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home