Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 96
Re: Hackney Diamonds - Album Talk
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: December 14, 2023 16:02

I wonder why it isn’t on iTunes? I want to buy it.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 14, 2023 16:21

donvis

I wonder why it isn’t on iTunes?

It's there, 15-Dec-2023 - from midnight (in your country).

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 14, 2023 16:22

donvis
I wonder why it isn’t on iTunes? I want to buy it.
It is ... just need to wait until midnight for your timezone.

Date: December 14, 2023 16:25

Hackney Diamonds (Live Edition):

[www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [open.Spotify.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 14, 2023 17:43

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
jahisnotdead
What is this Mess It Up demo? I can't find it on YouTube.

[youtube.com]

That's not a demo.

Oh OK, well I prefer that version. LOL

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: December 14, 2023 17:44

I just listened to the live album on youtube music (VPN New Zealand); they sound great. Nice to hear the complete live version of the songs played at the Racked in NYC. I am ready for their upcoming tour, still my favorite band!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 14, 2023 19:00

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
jahisnotdead
What is this Mess It Up demo? I can't find it on YouTube.

[youtube.com]

That's not a demo.

Oh OK, well I prefer that version. LOL

That does sound quite nice actually.

Posted by: pichenot ()
Date: December 14, 2023 20:25

You can't buy the live version only. On appelle ça des mange-merde.

Date: December 14, 2023 21:30

pichenot

You can't buy the live version only.

But the live-tracks can be bought track-by-track on Qobuz, iTunes, Amazon Music, ProStudioMasters or HDtracks.com.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-15 09:55 by Irix.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: December 14, 2023 23:02

All this complaints that you can't buy the live version separately. Well, that's exactly the point. Keeping the streams and sales of the album up. If it wasn't for that they might not even have released the concert.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: December 14, 2023 23:38

They will keep us happy till April 24, this live sounds really good, very good rehearsed and energized songs!

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: December 15, 2023 09:06

Listening to the new live tracks, great stuff. Is there any particular reason why they are playing Angry half a step down? The original track is in the key of B but this version is in Bb. even Ronnie's setlist has it labeled as B. confused smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 15, 2023 10:47

I like the raw energy of "Live at Racket". Also it is the first Stones live album with Steve.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 15, 2023 10:58

So many overdubs, though. Is any of Keith's guitar on Bite My Had Off, actually 'live'? It sounds as if it's been completely redone in the studio!

Posted by: Jalfstra ()
Date: December 15, 2023 11:11

Completely reworked in the studio. It doesn't sound like the YT vids from the show at all.. True, those were recorded with smartphones, but especially Angry sounded very bad in the clips on Youtube

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: December 15, 2023 11:19

Big Al
So many overdubs, though. Is any of Keith's guitar on Bite My Had Off, actually 'live'? It sounds as if it's been completely redone in the studio!

At least they seem to have almost completely wiped the backing singer on Whole Wide World!

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: December 15, 2023 11:23

In Germany I can't find the new live tracks on YouTube. Except Whole Wide World.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: December 15, 2023 11:39

Great overdubs.
Good job...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: December 15, 2023 11:42

powerage78
Great overdubs.
Good job...

Keith's are probably done by his guitar tech, though! No, I like my live albums to be as real and genuine as possible. Otherwise, what's the point?

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: December 15, 2023 11:54

Knew it. And seriously - they had too...But, yeah - what´s the point...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 15, 2023 11:55

WWW doesn't sound like it's had too many overdubs, Chanel is lower in the mix but can still be heard quite well.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: December 15, 2023 12:14

I'm impressed by your ears! Can't really hear overdubs, only clever mixing. They might have replaced bum licks with other good licks in the songs, though. I need to listen more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-15 12:16 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 15, 2023 12:32

DandelionPowderman
I'm impressed by your ears! Can't really hear overdubs, only clever mixing. They might have replaced bum licks with other good licks in the songs, though. I need to listen more.

When you're able to, listen to Keith's rhythm on Bite You're Head Off. It sounds like a totally different track.

Date: December 15, 2023 13:00

Big Al
powerage78
Great overdubs.
Good job...

Keith's are probably done by his guitar tech, though! No, I like my live albums to be as real and genuine as possible. Otherwise, what's the point?

Then you must hate Ya-Yas and Love You Live.

Date: December 15, 2023 13:12

StonedRambler

I don't have an opinion on Love You Live, but I do absolutely love Get Yer Ya'Ya's Out! I'm not insane. Yes, I understand there are supposedly a few subtle overdubs on the latter, but it's minimalistic. Today, the Stones perform very differently, and with the somewhat ropey present-day live performances in mind, latter guitar overdubbing and studio tinkering is that much more noticeable. Bottom line: to my ears, it's startlingly noticeable.

Date: December 15, 2023 13:16

Big Al
StonedRambler

I don't have an opinion on Love You Live, but I do absolutely love Get Yer Ya'Ya's Out! I'm not insane. Yes, I understand there are supposedly a few subtle overdubs on the latter, but it's minimalistic. Today, the Stones perform very differently, and with the somewhat ropey present-day live performances in mind, latter guitar overdubbing and studio tinkering is that much more noticeable. Bottom line: to my ears, it's startlingly noticeable.

Almost all of the Ya-Ya vocals are recorded in the studio.

Date: December 15, 2023 13:19

StonedRambler
Big Al
StonedRambler

Ah, okay. To me, that matters less than instrumentation, though. 'Almost all' Really??

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: December 15, 2023 13:31

Rolling Stones live records illusion drinking smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: December 15, 2023 13:50

powerage78
Rolling Stones live records illusion drinking smiley

Ha! I think I'll stick with the grainy YouTube footage! No, I do jest. I'll have a proper listen when home this evening. I'll reserve genuine judgement, somewhat. However, Keith's rhythm-overdub on Bite Your Head Off is jarringly obvious to my ears, still. I wasn't even the firs to notice and comment on it!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 15, 2023 14:20

Big Al
StonedRambler
Big Al
StonedRambler

Ah, okay. To me, that matters less than instrumentation, though. 'Almost all' Really??

The most notable is the chorus of "Jumpin' Jack Flash". What Mick sang originally was something totally different - the half-spoken "It's alright, yeah, it's alright.." . Mick (and Keith doing the back vox, something he did not do at all originally) replaced it with proper singing, mimicking the studio version: "It's aaalriiiiiight..."

If one wants to hear how the original live chorus went for a comparison, it could be found on GIMME SHELTER movie.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-15 14:23 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 96

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home