Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 18 of 22
Re: ANGRY - new Stones single and video
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 21, 2023 00:27

frankotero
treaclefingers, I'm also impressed by your posts usually as well. But I have to say my experience is the opposite. Especially with German pressings. No way the new pressings can stand up to second hand German records from the 70s. Not even close in my opinion. And much cheaper too.

same experience here, I often look specifically after old gema releases, cheaper than Uk pressing of the same years and as good as them

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 21, 2023 03:30

Updated Debuts worldwide for ANGRY so far:

#11 - New Zealand
#21 - Germany
#34 - UK
#35 - Belgium
#41 - Austria
#52 - Netherlands
#57 - Switzerland
#66 - Japan

Date: September 21, 2023 04:41

I like it, It's got a good groove. I think it will grow on me. It took me a while to get used to Start Me Up when it first came out. Same with some of B2B and ABB.

Ghost Town got better after I saw it live. This one probably will as well.

2024 tour will start in May and go through August. Chris works at Ticketmaster. I take his word for it. "They want the tour to be like they did when they made a new album"

Date: September 21, 2023 04:53

Also, it's great to see they included some old videos that included Bill and Mick Taylor. I didn't see any with Brian but it's great they got over it and included the members who made the band what they are today

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 21, 2023 21:05

YT has crossed the 16MM mark now! Still looping!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 22, 2023 02:23

georgemcdonnell314
Also, it's great to see they included some old videos that included Bill and Mick Taylor. I didn't see any with Brian but it's great they got over it and included the members who made the band what they are today

They almost seemed to be highlighting Bill in a couple shots. Hardly saw Taylor. I'm curious as to what happened, since they obviously omitted them in the past. Some sort of contractual agreement, allowing their images to be used? As recently as the El Mocambo release there was not one picture of Bill in the accompanying booklet. Everything is tightly controlled by Mick. There must have been some kind of rapprochement. Obviously there was, with Bill coming in to play on a new cut, with Charlie drumming.

I noticed in the nice Tom Power interview that he never brought up that Bill was on a track. Would love to have heard what Mick had to say about that. Don't really know the details on what happened. Were Keith and Ronnie there, or just Mick overseeing the production?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 22, 2023 03:07

24FPS
georgemcdonnell314

They almost seemed to be highlighting Bill in a couple shots. Hardly saw Taylor. I'm curious as to what happened, since they obviously omitted them in the past. Some sort of contractual agreement, allowing their images to be used? As recently as the El Mocambo release there was not one picture of Bill in the accompanying booklet. Everything is tightly controlled by Mick. There must have been some kind of rapprochement. Obviously there was, with Bill coming in to play on a new cut, with Charlie drumming.

I noticed in the nice Tom Power interview that he never brought up that Bill was on a track. Would love to have heard what Mick had to say about that. Don't really know the details on what happened. Were Keith and Ronnie there, or just Mick overseeing the production?

I swear I saw Mick talking about Bill and him appearing...was that maybe the Fallon interview then?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 22, 2023 03:13

Rolling Stones feature on EA Sports FC24 soundtrack with Top 40 hit Angry
by Andre Paine
September 21st 2023 at 11:00AM

The Rolling Stones have made a chart impact with Angry, the lead single from next month’s hugely-anticipated Hackney Diamonds album.

The track debuted at No.34 – the Stones’ highest-charting single since 2005 – on Friday (September 15) with 8,958 sales (3,151 physical copies, 1,121 downloads and 4,686 from streams), according to the Official Charts Company. As revealed in Alan Jones’ charts analysis, the Top 40 result means that the Rolling Stones are the first act in chart history to have a span of newly-recorded hits spanning 60 years.

It’s also been announced that Angry has also secured a high-profile video game sync for the Rolling Stones. The track is featured in EA Sports FC24 (previously known as the FIFA series).

The soundtrack also features Stormzy, Jack Harlow, Major Lazar, Baby Keem with Kendrick Lamar, Karol G, Ninho (feat. Central Cee), Lovejoy, The Blessed Madonna and Ashnikko, as well as breakout artists including The Last Dinner Party, Obongjayar and KayCyy.

“The premiere of EA SPORTS FC 24 delivers a definitive global soundtrack that builds on innovation and authenticity like never before,” said Steve Schnur, worldwide executive and president of music for Electronic Arts. “We’ve curated a player experience that celebrates diversity and discovery via new music and artists that defies genres, erases borders, creates football culture, and powers football life. It’s the next chapter in The World’s Game, set to music like never before."

The full EA Sports FC 24 soundtrack is now available on Spotify and other streaming platforms.

The Rolling Stones’ album, Hackney Diamonds, is released on October 20.

[www.musicweek.com]

Date: September 22, 2023 03:38

frankotero
treaclefingers, I'm also impressed by your posts usually as well. But I have to say my experience is the opposite. Especially with German pressings. No way the new pressings can stand up to second hand German records from the 70s. Not even close in my opinion. And much cheaper too.

Yes sorry, I'm more talking about late 70s vinyl, when they started skimping out because of the 2 energy crises. I remember some of it was really bad, particularly for non-established bands. I recall buying and being impressed with the weight of McCartney's Venus & Mars, compared to everything else. Disco albums were awful (not just the music), and I found skipped a lot.

I have a copy (well a few copies actually!), of the compilation Time Waits for No One...very thin...like a floppy disk. I'm not familar with the German pressings so I cannot speak to those, but I do have those coloured Netherlands reissues from 78 I think, Beggar's, Some Girls, LIB, Black and Blue(?)...also pretty flimsy if I'm recollecting correctly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-22 06:09 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 22, 2023 10:56

Yep, the oil crisis & ensuing vinyl cost issues were interesting...with lots of very thin discs resulting...though one or two labels tried to put a positive spin on it..

Remember "RCA Dynaflex" ? .

Thing is though, these albums were usually flat, the vinyl itself often of decent quality and the sound was usually fine.

The issues with modern records are very different.
"180g vinyl" seems to trumpeted as some kind of quality guarantee...

...not much use if the record is badly warped due to poor storage post stamping or it's a "swinger" because they couldn't even manage to get the spindle hole in the middle !

Both of these issue are very typical with modern vinyl production.

And that's before we start talking about the noisy surfaces... or the poorly judged mastering techniques applied to vinyl these days.

All that said...I remain thankful that at least we can today source much of the muic we love on vinyl if we want to.
I wouldn't have predicted that about 20 years ago.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 22, 2023 11:05

Treacle, seek out German pressings, they’re up there with the Japanese. The jackets are thin, but to be honest I still like them better than the U.S. copies that I grew up with. smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 22, 2023 15:30

georgelicks

Rolling Stones feature on EA Sports FC24 soundtrack with Top 40 hit Angry

'Angry' is also the soundtrack in the Japanese drama 'My Lawyer' on Fuji TV - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] - as well as in the HULU series 'Reservation Dogs' - [iorr.org] .

" 'Angry' will be aired as the ending theme song in October 2023 at Japanese tvk 'billboard Top40' " - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

" 'Angry' has been selected as MTV's 'BUZZ CLIP' for the second half of October (16 - 31 October)! " - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-16 12:00 by Irix.

Date: September 22, 2023 19:02

frankotero
Treacle, seek out German pressings, they’re up there with the Japanese. The jackets are thin, but to be honest I still like them better than the U.S. copies that I grew up with. smileys with beer

smileys with beer

In all honesty, I have so many copies of the albums the only thing I'll probably buy moving forward is new material. Even the live stuff has to be 'special', like El Mocambo or the 2012 GRRR! (which I've yet to purchase).

I think I'm resolve to stop buying the old catalogue. My marginal utility on it is very low.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-22 19:04 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 22, 2023 21:27

DandelionPowderman
Irix
DandelionPowderman

Rollin' Stone being the exception on HD, of course smiling smiley

As far as I know, it was recorded on tape to get the 'vintage effect' - but the rest (mixing/mastering, etc) could also be digital.

Could be. Only three tracks to mix, though (vocal harp and guitar), so they could have done it old school.

Ah - what an odd way of figuring out why it took so long to get the vinyl pressed:

All because they used 2 inch tape for the last song and, instead of just uploading it to Pro Tools for, in this case, editing and mixing, but for mixing and then mastering they chose to go old skool and master it to tape, through only one of 4 Neve boards left in the world (or whatever it is) which then requires its own master print for each format, and they had to halt the entire vinyl printing process from the Pro Tools recordings master for the 2 inch recording's master...

Date: September 22, 2023 23:19

On Air is worth it.

treaclefingers
frankotero

smileys with beer

In all honesty, I have so many copies of the albums the only thing I'll probably buy moving forward is new material. Even the live stuff has to be 'special', like El Mocambo or the 2012 GRRR! (which I've yet to purchase).

I think I'm resolve to stop buying the old catalogue. My marginal utility on it is very low.

Date: September 23, 2023 04:42

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Irix
DandelionPowderman

As far as I know, it was recorded on tape to get the 'vintage effect' - but the rest (mixing/mastering, etc) could also be digital.

Could be. Only three tracks to mix, though (vocal harp and guitar), so they could have done it old school.

Ah - what an odd way of figuring out why it took so long to get the vinyl pressed:

All because they used 2 inch tape for the last song and, instead of just uploading it to Pro Tools for, in this case, editing and mixing, but for mixing and then mastering they chose to go old skool and master it to tape, through only one of 4 Neve boards left in the world (or whatever it is) which then requires its own master print for each format, and they had to halt the entire vinyl printing process from the Pro Tools recordings master for the 2 inch recording's master...

Do you we know which studio has the neve board that they used? Would have been cool if they'd gone down to Muscle Shoals to record it.

Date: September 23, 2023 08:26

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Irix
DandelionPowderman

Do you we know which studio has the neve board that they used? Would have been cool if they'd gone down to Muscle Shoals to record it.

Voodoo, I don't know if they did, I just put that (and the amount I made up but it's actually something ridiculous like that as I recall in terms of how many are left... I think, or something like that) in there because all the audio production people go bonko about those boards!

I think Mick said that about recording to tape, the first time they'd recorded to tape (he wasn't specific, if he would've been he would've said 1985) in years (or decades, something like that). He didn't mention anything else.

Date: September 23, 2023 16:45

georgemcdonnell314
On Air is worth it.

treaclefingers
frankotero

smileys with beer

On Air is absolutely...and I have the regular and yellow vinyl pressings to prove it!

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: September 24, 2023 23:09

About the making of the video :

[youtu.be]

Date: September 29, 2023 15:42

YT has now crossed over the 17MM mark! Much slower going these days now that I seem to be the only one still looping and streaming!!!! confused smiley

Date: September 29, 2023 16:05

VoodooLounge13
YT has now crossed over the 17MM mark! Much slower going these days now that I seem to be the only one still looping and streaming!!!! confused smiley

I think that you need to have more browsers open, on loop.

And, there's nothing stopping you from getting a few more devices and get those looping too.

Are you a fan or not?! When the going gets tough, the tough get going!

COME ON! A rolling stone gathers no moss...or something.

Date: September 29, 2023 16:48

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

And, there's nothing stopping you from getting a few more devices and get those looping too.

Well, my iPod died, so I've been forced to use my personal cell as my music source now, and since I'm already using YT on that for my own pleasure, that takes me down one device. My work cell doesn't have YT, tho I guess I could just open it, but I try to not use it for non-work stuff. If I had more devices I would man!

Date: September 29, 2023 17:38

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Well, my iPod died, so I've been forced to use my personal cell as my music source now, and since I'm already using YT on that for my own pleasure, that takes me down one device. My work cell doesn't have YT, tho I guess I could just open it, but I try to not use it for non-work stuff. If I had more devices I would man!

ah the excuses.

I feel like I don't even know you anymore Voodoo.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 29, 2023 19:43

NilsHolgersson
I'm already tired of Angry, I'm desperate to get my hands on Sweet Sounds of Heaven.

I've only listened to Angry 4 times and Sweet Sounds twice. I don't want to spoil the album listening by already have 2 songs that I've played to death!

Date: September 30, 2023 05:45

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

ah the excuses.

I feel like I don't even know you anymore Voodoo.

Losing my touch I guess! confused smiley

Date: October 1, 2023 06:07

So what is Steve Schnur, worldwide executive and president of music for Electronic Arts, gonna say for the next delivery?

We're back to basics.

What a load!

Re: Angry - Track Talk
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 12, 2023 19:13

This thread is linked up from the track listing of the main HD pages, see HD links on the IORR home page, as well as most other IORR page headers.

Hackney
Diamonds

Bjornulf

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: October 13, 2023 02:16

After not listening to it for a couple of weeks, I did it today. Angry is a superb song and the video is awesome as well.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: October 13, 2023 07:44

ManuelStones
After not listening to it for a couple of weeks, I did it today. Angry is a superb song and the video is awesome as well.

thumbs up

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 13, 2023 08:55

It's hardly ever played on the radio anymore.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 18 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1598
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home