Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 22
Re: ANGRY - new Stones single and video
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 12, 2023 18:51

Harlem Shuffler
georgelicks
StonedRambler
Maybe the can't win on the streaming market with a single but for sure the album will sell great and with all the physical copies that Stones fans buy they might have a good change at reaching no. 1 in the album category

That's another story, on the album chart they do have #1 options since physical sales will be strong and there doesn't seem to be as much competition on that date (Oct. 20) although we have to see how the albums released until that date continue, there are several released months ago that with streaming alone are over 100k units every week.

That's where the Stones have to aim, to try to get as many copies as they can during these 40 days of pre-sales and during the first week, release more versions of the album with bonus tracks, different covers, everything they can.

Angry worked well as an advertising element, and targeting to the only place that could generate impact, a good video with a well-known actress, that's why they released the song on a Wednesday and not a Friday, which is the day that all the artists who want and compete in the singles chart release their new songs, the Stones have no chance there, the physical single will sell a few hundred copies that will not move the final number since it takes millions of streaming on Spotify to enter the Top 100 or thousands of physical copies as many K-Pop artists do.

Hi georgelicks, re “release more versions of the album with bonus tracks”, are you saying this is an option or something they definitely will do?

It's an option, Olivia Rodrigo just released her album with a different and unique bonus track on each colour vinyl, you need to buy it all to get all the songs and this trick will help her to get a #1 with big sales.
Every trick counts this days.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: September 12, 2023 20:43

georgelicks
Harlem Shuffler
georgelicks
StonedRambler
Maybe the can't win on the streaming market with a single but for sure the album will sell great and with all the physical copies that Stones fans buy they might have a good change at reaching no. 1 in the album category

That's another story, on the album chart they do have #1 options since physical sales will be strong and there doesn't seem to be as much competition on that date (Oct. 20) although we have to see how the albums released until that date continue, there are several released months ago that with streaming alone are over 100k units every week.

That's where the Stones have to aim, to try to get as many copies as they can during these 40 days of pre-sales and during the first week, release more versions of the album with bonus tracks, different covers, everything they can.

Angry worked well as an advertising element, and targeting to the only place that could generate impact, a good video with a well-known actress, that's why they released the song on a Wednesday and not a Friday, which is the day that all the artists who want and compete in the singles chart release their new songs, the Stones have no chance there, the physical single will sell a few hundred copies that will not move the final number since it takes millions of streaming on Spotify to enter the Top 100 or thousands of physical copies as many K-Pop artists do.

Hi georgelicks, re “release more versions of the album with bonus tracks”, are you saying this is an option or something they definitely will do?

It's an option, Olivia Rodrigo just released her album with a different and unique bonus track on each colour vinyl, you need to buy it all to get all the songs and this trick will help her to get a #1 with big sales.

Thank you. That’s interesting…

Posted by: lelandsundries ()
Date: September 12, 2023 21:36

Forgive me if this was posted prior. Rolling Stone just ran an article on the making of the video:

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 12, 2023 21:53

DandelionPowderman
What's the difference between the Big Top 40 and the Top 40 charts in the UK?

On the former, Angry entered at number 6. Still out of top 40 on the latter.

As treaclefingers stated, the latter is the ‘official chart’ It’s the only one that counts, really. It came to be when the Melody Maker and NME charts merged. The U.K. Official Chart is the equivalent of the Billboard Hot 100.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-12 21:57 by Big Al.

Posted by: phd27 ()
Date: September 12, 2023 22:56

So, as far as I may sum up: Angry is low in both US and UK charts. I guess it should be a great disappointment for Mick & Keith. Only U2, Coldplay or Macca can top the charts these days.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 12, 2023 23:03

phd27
So, as far as I may sum up: Angry is low in both US and UK charts. I guess it should be a great disappointment for Mick & Keith. Only U2, Coldplay or Macca can top the charts these days.

Don’t think U2 have had a top 10 song in the US since the early 90s though

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: September 12, 2023 23:50

I have been waiting for the new album for 8 long years, since the whispers began that they would be recording a new album at the end of 2015, which turned out to be Blue & Lonesome. I Waited patiently every since, knowing they were doing sessions here and there over the years. The excitement really started to build last fall when we all knew they were recording in NYC And LA and that the new album was finally on the horizon. Super excited the time has finally arrived and I love the new single/music video "Angry". Can't wait to hear more, I bet the Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder track will be the next single or one of them.

Posted by: CrosseyedHeart ()
Date: September 13, 2023 02:01

“Angry” is #6 on the bigtop40 UK charts.

Date: September 13, 2023 07:42

CrosseyedHeart

That's not oficial, the only one is the Oficial Singles Chart updated every Friday.
[www.officialcharts.com]

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 13, 2023 07:47

Speaking about success for Macca & Elton - their ”recent” revivial have been with songs in colab with popular, younger artists. Therefore the colab with Lady Gaga is important from that point of view

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 13, 2023 07:59

georgelicks
CrosseyedHeart

That's not oficial, the only one is the Oficial Singles Chart updated every Friday.
[www.officialcharts.com]

Exactly thumbs up

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: September 13, 2023 11:35

A theme for a new collection:

”Mixed Emotions”

Angry
Happy
Sad Sad Sad
Cool, Calm & Collected
Complicated
Stoned
Shattered
Torn & Frayed
Pretty Beat Up
Too Rude
The Worst
Low Down
Blue & Lonesome

Japan bonus tracks: She’s So Cold, I’m Free

Posted by: erad ()
Date: September 13, 2023 12:12

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-13 12:13 by erad.

Date: September 13, 2023 12:20

The song "Angry" is not Rene's "Track Talk" yet.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 13, 2023 13:13

georgelicks
Harlem Shuffler
georgelicks
StonedRambler

Macca knows that trick very well...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-13 16:53 by Doxa.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 13, 2023 16:50

I was “relieved” to find out that it’s in fact the lovely Sydney who decided to “pole dance” her way around the car as the script just planned for her to be sitting in the back seat ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 13, 2023 16:56

padre69

”Mixed Emotions”

Angry
Happy
Sad Sad Sad
Cool, Calm & Collected
Complicated
Stoned
Shattered
Torn & Frayed
Pretty Beat Up
Too Rude
The Worst
Low Down
Blue & Lonesome

You're a complete MESS! Someone should come to your Emotional Rescue.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 13, 2023 16:57

DandelionPowderman
Thanks, Treacle. Let's see if the Stones can advance and put Kylie Minogue behind them next week.

hmmm...a lot of tension and anger in the UK charts!

Date: September 13, 2023 17:08

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
Thanks, Treacle. Let's see if the Stones can advance and put Kylie Minogue behind them next week.

hmmm...a lot of tension and anger in the UK charts!

No wonder if one just feels like drinkin'...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-13 17:08 by Doxa.

Date: September 13, 2023 17:23

gotdablouse
I was “relieved” to find out that it’s in fact the lovely Sydney who decided to “pole dance” her way around the car as the script just planned for her to be sitting in the back seat ;-)

Hmm.. She probably didn't know what kind of reflection she caused us with that artistic decision... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 13, 2023 19:05

I very much doubt the truth of that statement. Why would the director plan to have a name actress just sit there? This is P.R. deflecting sensitivity issues by empowering the actress. It's like the outrage that greeted the video for "Criss Cross" in some quarters until it was determined it wasn't a case of "male gaze" on the director's part and then it was a positive celebration rather than exploitation. Double standards are among the few vices left to enjoy in this world.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 13, 2023 19:18

The video (packaging) is cool, but Angry is really great.

Date: September 13, 2023 19:38

Rocky Dijon
I very much doubt the truth of that statement. Why would the director plan to have a name actress just sit there? This is P.R. deflecting sensitivity issues by empowering the actress. It's like the outrage that greeted the video for "Criss Cross" in some quarters until it was determined it wasn't a case of "male gaze" on the director's part and then it was a positive celebration rather than exploitation. Double standards are among the few vices left to enjoy in this world.
The only outrage I've seen at all is a small handful of posters here, and a columnist on the Daily Mail! I'll give Sydney her own agency.... ;>))

Date: September 13, 2023 20:55

UK Midweek Singles chart (Friday/Tuesday)

Source: Music Week

1 Doja Cat - Paint the Town Red (32,246)
2 Olivia Rodrigo - vampire (26,424)
3 Olivia Rodrigo - bad idea right? (20,949)
4 Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer (18,426)
5 Fred again.. & Obongjayar - adore u (18,135)

6-10
6 cassö, RAYE & D-Block Europe - Prada
9 Olivia Rodrigo - get him back! *

11-20
13 Kenya Grace - Strangers

21-30
21 Troye Sivan - Rush
22 Issey Cross - Bittersweet Goodbye
23 Leigh-Anne feat. Ayra Starr - My Love *
25 Burna Boy - City Boys
28 The Rolling Stones - Angry *
29 Luke Combs - Fast Car

31-40
32 Calvin Harris & Ellie Goulding - Miracle
35 ANOTR & Abel Balder - Relax My Eyes
37 Miley Cyrus - Flowers

Physical sales for Angry must be very good, the single was #29 on Monday's Midweek and went up 1 spot in two days, impressive for a legacy act.

Fingers crossed for a Top 40 debut next Friday, a Top 40 UK single with a new song, 60+ years after the first one (Come On) would be awesome.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 13, 2023 21:11

Rocky Dijon

Male gaze is like saying porcupines quill.. what else is it supposed to be? .. as for vices wine and weed are still plentiful to go with double standards smiling smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 13, 2023 21:24

padre69

”Mixed Emotions”

Angry
Happy
Sad Sad Sad
Cool, Calm & Collected
Complicated
Stoned
Shattered
Torn & Frayed
Pretty Beat Up
Too Rude
The Worst
Low Down
Blue & Lonesome

cool

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 13, 2023 21:25

georgelicks

UK Midweek Singles chart (Friday/Tuesday)

In Germany, 'Angry' is #13 in the Midweek Singles charts - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 13, 2023 23:13

Date: September 13, 2023 23:42

The flash mob is brilliant isn't it? Now they have to play there!

Date: September 14, 2023 03:23

Oh god dammit. I've been very stupid. Now I finally get it. The 'message' of the whole song, very much emphasized by the video, is: they are reflecting the bloody history of them and the whole rock history with it. So bloody much has happened, and a lot of it is not acceptable by many means nowadays. But it's done, and that's it. What the hell supposed to do now about it? Well, no excuses, no explanations, but just a Stonesian/Jaggerian apology in the form of "Don't Get Angry With Me - I never caused you any pain"... A clever statement by aged rock stars, the biggest icons of the whole damned culture.

Think of "Cancel my name" ... I mean, doesn't that tell all what this is all about? You don't talk things like that to your loved ones. Mick knows damn well what it is going on (and probably there are many in his history to tell a juiced story...)

"Just keep the memories, no need to be ashamed"

And there is more. Lots of it. Listen what he says.

Oh man. This is a big song. No one else could have done it. But Mick.

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-14 03:56 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1989
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home