Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 22
Re: ANGRY - official video
Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 15:51

LeonidP
1963luca0
Honestly, I find the video offensive.
A young blonde woman ‘used’ for what?
Is a young lady excited by the music by people in their 80’s something good? If so, why?
What the sense in non play Brown Sugar live and have this video available to very young kids via accessible media?
Don’t get me wrong, but I don’t have to approve anything the band does, IMO

??? How is it that you ever liked the band to begin with if you find something like that offensive?

Surely his/her/their remark was Tongue in Cheek :-P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 19:23 by Promoman2.

Date: September 7, 2023 15:54

marcovandereijk
Haha, don't get angry with them.
I only think it is the formula that was used on recent videos. Have you watched
Ride em on down, Living in the heart of love, Criss Cross?
Is there even a need for videos these days, when even old chaps like me listen to Spotify?

Don't forget Don't Stop winking smiley

Date: September 7, 2023 15:55

SomeGuy
DandelionPowderman
steenhorst
the only good things are the video clips from 1972 and 1973

What's wrong with the clips from 1974 to 2023?

That must have been ironically meant, right?

I know a Stones fan who doesn't like anything they did after 1963 winking smiley

smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 7, 2023 15:56

marcovandereijk
Haha, don't get angry with them.
I only think it is the formula that was used on recent videos. Have you watched
Ride em on down, Living in the heart of love, Criss Cross?
Is there even a need for videos these days, when even old chaps like me listen to Spotify?

Well they seem to have done something right in that respect, it's over 6 million views in under 24 hours and is trending near the top of music videos.

It's an expertly constructed video. Is there a bit of sexism? Of course but it isn't over the top and it isn't anything different than female singers do in their own videos. Like it or not that's who the Stones are competing with for views.

Date: September 7, 2023 16:03

I see references to the Hollywood Bowl and the Viper Room. Is there any meaning in this?

Date: September 7, 2023 16:04

TIRED
Truly an amazing video, honoring so beautifully and nostalgically the Stones' glorious years with video sources so well known and dear to us lifetime loyal fans.

The mp4 file is now downloadable here - for those of us who are not always online:

wetransfer - Angry official video

Thanks. Great quality.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 7, 2023 16:09

I like the song.
I feel thrilled by the video
Well to be fair, this seems a smart borrow to Abba group, both to the digital show Voyage, and to the song "Voyage"

No avatars, but 30-year and 40-year lip sinc Jagger and Richard, much younger and exciting, who replace their future self

Song Voyage

I believe it would be fair to say, "You look bewildered"
And you wonder why I'm here today
And so you should, I would
When I left, I felt I've had enough
But in the shape and form, I appear now
I have learned to cope, and love and hope is why I am here now

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 7, 2023 16:41

The video is @#$%& BRILLIANT!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 7, 2023 16:47

The blond girl in leather ‘thing’ is a bit tacky, I suppose. It’s what you might expect from a video by an 80’s Hair Metal act, perhaps; or AC/DC.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 17:00

We're not that far removed people from the scantily clad animated girl riding the tongue at the live shows. I don't have any problems with the video, though for my tastes, the girl does nothing for me, but I love the concept!! Not sure that the band IS actually lip synching on the billboards though - quite a bit of the singing doesn't seem to line up, to me, but either way, it's a great concept - harkens back to the Don't Stop video, and as 80 year old men, I think it was smart to NOT have them in the video so that they can attract a larger, younger audience.

My one wish was that this had been a summer release - this would make a great summer song!! While I think RJ and LIS are both phenomenal lead singles, I think Angry has all the elements of a HUGE Stones single - the riff, the sing along bits that will work GREAT in a stadium setting. It's very anthemic, much in the way of SMU. I think they've done a phenomenal job here!!! And I will keep streaming it and streaming it and streaming it!!!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 7, 2023 17:02

Same director, similar concept, same formula (i.e. trending female star)

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 7, 2023 17:32

1963luca0
Is a young lady excited by the music by people in their 80’s something good? If so, why?
What the sense in non play Brown Sugar live and have this video available to very young kids via accessible media?

I know what you mean in a way, but the music coupled with the footage of the Stones in their magnificent prime of life is exciting to a younger audience, hell it excites me and I'm 58, i don't think there is an age limit to feeling great about this music and letting your hair down, wanting to paint the town red, driving to this music in a mean machine etc.
I do agree with you on Brown Sugar, pathetic to give in to woke BS and Stop playing possibly their best hit live. I don't think there was even a request from anyone to stop playing it.
But come on, this new single for me is Mick at his best, no writers block, that's clearly a thing of the past, Rock on Mick.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 7, 2023 17:48

1963luca0

Come on
It's their trademark

BTW : the story of the blonde

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:06

Criss Cross was a bit different (an a far superior output imo)

Diane Kunst director for a wider project with model Guindilla Ontanaya that was incidentally used and customized for the Stones song

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:17

That BnB add was pathetic at the time I think - ridiculous and obvious attempt to drum up a bit of outrage.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:26

maumau

Diane Kunst director for a wider project with model Guindilla Ontanaya that was incidentally used and customized for the Stones song

Yes, that one was fantastic! Fresh, funky and no objectivication of a woman's body in any way. Showing agency and subjectivity. That's the spirit Rolling Stones, giving the finger to monetary and power structures like the one that lead to their new video, which just oozes lazyness, outdatedness and obvious marketing strategics. The thought process behind the new video was probably: "Boobs, cars, nostaglia. Okay, coffee break!"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:31

MonkeyMan2000

Yes, that one was fantastic! Fresh, funky and no objectivication of a woman's body in any way.

The girl was ugly, though... skinny, bony, bad hair... yuck.

Date: September 7, 2023 18:34

dcba
MonkeyMan2000

Yes, that one was fantastic! Fresh, funky and no objectivication of a woman's body in any way.

The girl was ugly, though... skinny, bony, bad hair... yuck.

Come on, are you being stupid on purpose?

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:45

Loved the billboards and how the footage tied in with what was being played and sung.As someone posted previously many of us have seen these videos before and brought back several memories .If the girl in the car had worn a different Stones t shirt in every shot ,now that would have been cool !!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:46

Didn't she squat to piss on the street?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:56

welshphil
Loved the billboards and how the footage tied in with what was being played and sung.As someone posted previously many of us have seen these videos before and brought back several memories .If the girl in the car had worn a different Stones t shirt in every shot ,now that would have been cool !!

If I could add one billboard clip, it would be Keith hitting the fan who rushed the stage with his guitar in '81... don't be angry with me winking smiley

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:08

MisterDDDD
welshphil

If I could add one billboard clip, it would be Keith hitting the fan who rushed the stage with his guitar in '81... don't be angry with me winking smiley

Yes that would have been brilliant ,especially at the end..

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:14

MonkeyMan2000
maumau

Yes, that one was fantastic! Fresh, funky and no objectivication of a woman's body in any way. Showing agency and subjectivity. That's the spirit Rolling Stones, giving the finger to monetary and power structures like the one that lead to their new video, which just oozes lazyness, outdatedness and obvious marketing strategics. The thought process behind the new video was probably: "Boobs, cars, nostaglia. Okay, coffee break!"

Wasn't there a super fast clip of a naked woman in the Criss Cross video???!! That's not objectifying? I love that video btw - and the song. I think the video is the freshest thing they'd done at the time in forever! And how that classic song sat in the fault for nearly 50 years is beyond me!!! Unreal!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:18

Promoman2
I see references to the Hollywood Bowl and the Viper Room. Is there any meaning in this?

Yeah. They filmed it in LA. Thats all. Lots of quite visible landmarks.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:27

Is any of that live footage previously unreleased? The only one that jumped out at me was the 1975 clip which does not look familiar

Date: September 7, 2023 19:28

VoodooLounge13
MonkeyMan2000
maumau

Wasn't there a super fast clip of a naked woman in the Criss Cross video???!! That's not objectifying? I love that video btw - and the song. I think the video is the freshest thing they'd done at the time in forever! And how that classic song sat in the fault for nearly 50 years is beyond me!!! Unreal!

Well, I'm not trying to start a fight here. Glad we both love the video and the tune. The Criss Cross video just shows a woman's body. Be it naked or not, that's not objectivication to me, because it doesn't serve a purpose. A woman's body doesn't need to be more covered than a man's, doesn't need to be better shaved nor please male fantasies and conceptions of how it should look like. I'd describe the Criss Cross video as the antidote to the Angry video. And many of my female friends (I'm in my 20's) like the Criss Cross video very much and identify with the spirit that it portrays in that it doesn't care about petty morals. It's the Rolling Stones tongue logo emodied as a 21st century music video.

But, on with the show. I don't think this is the place to dive more into these topics. Happy that you also like Criss Cross as much as me and that you dig Angry so much. I'm excited for the new album and hopefully a second single! Maybe with a video showing the band (but not just studio phone footage like the Blue & Lonesome and LIAGT videos... smiling smiley)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 19:28 by MonkeyMan2000.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:53

I like the video very much. Had all the elements and there was obvious effort. And for the record I like seeing pretty girls.smileys with beer

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:55

My 2 cents...

Friends, family - we all like the song, it's stonesey, riffs, Mick's singing, humourous lyrics, everything's there to make a nice new Stones song. Looking forward to the whole album!!

We also very much like the upper part of the video: the moving billboards, the band through the ages singing the new song ... also somewhat nostalgic

The lower part: it's 2023, for f*** sake. Hollywood strikes, objectivation of women, debate about #Metoo ... plus, what has this car ride to do with the lyrics/song? Just to move through the city's billboards?

Posted by: DelcoProud ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:57

I like how the cop car with flashing lights cheats into the frame, screen-right. Wish they'd held that shot just a bit longer!

Posted by: DelcoProud ()
Date: September 7, 2023 20:12

Yeah, the 'stripper culture' vibe is pretty tired IMHO. It would have been interesting if Sydney (the model) was made up/dressed up/grooved up to match each era of the passing billboards, so we see her look evolve over time, from mid-60s to B&Lonesome. (Could have had a meetup w Kristen Stewart in her 2+2 Mustang!) That would show how love for the Stones and what they inspire is timeless, and in the process render her just as hot but without the baggage that this thread clearly identifies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home