Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...125126127128129130131132133134135...LastNext
Current Page: 130 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20, 2023
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 17, 2023 01:42

mike567
gotdablouse
mike567
bye bye johnny
Ronnie interview with NME

So it sounds like they had some kind of rehearsals of the new songs the week after the Hackney Empire press conference? (Or at least they had planned to do that)

Where are you hearing that in the interview?
Steve and Matt were reported to be in Hackney but they would be there as Mick and Keith's "right hand man".

Around the 6 minute mark Ronnie says: "the next thing we gonna do is next week see how they (the new songs) translate live“
And the interviewer refers to the press conference with "yesterday Jimmy Fallon…", so the interview was obviously taped back in September

Thanks, hadn't picked that up, wonder who they got to play bass...or was it Matt filling in with a keyboard?

On another matter, how do we know DS and TMS don't have "posh" bridges too, the extracts are pretty short after all.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-17 10:13 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: October 17, 2023 01:58

MelBelli
big4
MelBelli
Keith tells Paul Sexton that he wanted to write a song around the unusual chord found in “Tell Me Straight.” It’s a B minor with a sharp five.

He’s been intrigued by that chord for many years. You can hear him work with it on “Part of the Night” from the Fully Finished Outtakes set.

Part of the Night is a strong tune. Evolved from Golden Caddy, right?

I think that’s right, yes!

So in true Stones fashion a song demo idea started at Pathe Marconi in the late 70s comes to full fruition though at the same time quite changed in 2023. How great is that!

Posted by: kid killowatt ()
Date: October 17, 2023 03:34

These are first impressions.

Angry - 8.5
Get Close - 9
Depending On You - 8.5
Bite My Head Off - 6.5
Whole Wide World - 8
Dreamy Skies - 9
Mess it up - 6
Live By The Sword - 7
Driving Me Too Hard - 7.5
Tell Me Straight - 9
Sweet sounds of heaven - 7.5
Rolling Stone Blues - 8.5

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: October 17, 2023 04:51

drewmaster
I just got this in my email. Not sure I have the patience to wait almost 13 more years!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Hello Andrew,

We're writing because a schedule change has occurred in delivering the album listed below:
Title: Hackney Diamonds [Explicit]
Link to the album: [www.amazon.com]

The new expected release date is: Friday, September 5, 2036.

We'll keep your pre-order open on your account and deliver the title as soon as it is released. As a reminder, you can always change, cancel, or view the status of your orders in Your Account here:
[www.amazon.com]

We hope to see you again soon.

Amazon.com

WHY WAS MY ORDER DELIVERY DATE CHANGED? We do our best to always communicate accurate delivery estimates based on the latest information we have received from our suppliers. Occasionally, suppliers unlock content early or experience delays due to unexpected issues, resulting in changes to product release dates.

Drew

Ha, Drew, I received the same email. Is this patently absurd and false or should I start eating better so I can live to 2036?

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: October 17, 2023 04:57

Huh. That's exactly what I was thinking. Live by the Sword sounds like ER album when I heard it on the UK radio special.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: October 17, 2023 05:54

bye bye johnny

It would be cool if the interviewer wasn’t off by 10 years.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: October 17, 2023 06:21

stanlove
bye bye johnny

It would be cool if the interviewer wasn’t off by 10 years.

LOL, yes.

Posted by: LuvtheJag43 ()
Date: October 17, 2023 08:22

Thank you for these. I watched the first part Sunday but missed the second part due to having to be at work.

Date: October 17, 2023 08:26

bye bye johnny
Parts 1 & 2 of the interview with Anthony Mason of CBS

Thank you for posting these. I watched part 1 on Sunday but missed part 2 yesterday due to having to be at work.

Date: October 17, 2023 08:30

Feel free anyone to delete my previous post about the CBS interviews. I tried but apparently don't know how to do it once it is posted.

Date: October 17, 2023 08:34

I am so excited for Hackney Diamonds to come out. I will buy the CD at my local Bull Moose Music. I have ordered several different copies of vinyl from Amazon, Rolling Stones store and No 9 Carnaby red edition. I have also ordered it from CDJapan to get bonus materials and extra track.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: October 17, 2023 08:59

EasterMan
Driving Me Too Hard sounds like something Keith would sing. Feels like a slowed down mellow version of "How I Wish".

I was thinking the same. Imo it's a Keef song.
I really like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-17 08:59 by HardRiffin.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: October 17, 2023 09:00

I will buy the album (CD) at my local music shop, here in Germany.
I have to wait till friday.

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: October 17, 2023 09:56

HardRiffin
EasterMan
Driving Me Too Hard sounds like something Keith would sing. Feels like a slowed down mellow version of "How I Wish".

I really like it!

Parts of it remind me of crosseyed heart, especially the pre-chorus with "look what you've done to me". At the moment I'm not sure if it is just the overall feeling or a specific song (have to listen to crosseyed heart again).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 17, 2023 10:23

HardRiffin
EasterMan

I really like it!

Talking of Keith songs, Mick says around the 8'45" mark that Keith brought in a song and he names something that sounds like "Tumble with Me"?

MIU reminds me a lot of "We don't wanna go home" in the beginning, fortunately it improves after that!

Talking of old songs brought back to life, WWW reminds me of the old "Never Too Into" outtake!

As for "Golden Caddy" doesn't it even date back to the GHS sessions?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 17, 2023 10:28

gotdablouse
HardRiffin
EasterMan

I really like it!

Talking of Keith songs, Mick says around the 8'45" mark that Keith brought in a song and he names something that sounds like "Tumble with Me"?

MIU reminds me a lot of "We don't wanna go home" in the beginning, fortunately it improves after that!

Talking of old songs brought back to life, WWW reminds me of the old "Never Too Into" outtake!

As for "Golden Caddy" doesn't it even date back to the GHS sessions?

That's promising (I chose to pass on the podcast)! One of my favourite outtakes.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 17, 2023 13:13

kid killowatt

Angry - 8.5
Get Close - 9
Depending On You - 8.5
Bite My Head Off - 6.5
Whole Wide World - 8
Dreamy Skies - 9
Mess it up - 6
Live By The Sword - 7
Tell Me Straight - 9

How did you mange to listen to the whole album already?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: October 17, 2023 13:41

Wuudy
kid killowatt

Angry - 8.5
Get Close - 9
Depending On You - 8.5
Bite My Head Off - 6.5
Whole Wide World - 8
Dreamy Skies - 9
Mess it up - 6
Live By The Sword - 7
Tell Me Straight - 9

There was radioshow some days ago.
New Stone Age Sun 15th October Planet Rock.
Try this link:

[wetransfer.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-17 13:46 by micha063.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: October 17, 2023 13:50

Dagens Nyheter (Swedish newspaper) :

2/5

No rock'n'rollator in the world can help the Rolling Stones groove forward

"Hackney diamonds" could have been a last reminder of what once made The Rolling Stones the world's best band. Instead, producer Andrew Watt has gotten away with the cleaning agent and sterilized the entire soundscape, writes Mattias Dahlström.

"Hackney diamonds" is London slang for the pieces of glass you find on the ground after you have had your windscreen smashed in the London borough of Hackney. It's an album title that should signal a return - from being an arena rock band with real gems to trying to recreate the simple life, when Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were just young British lads head over heels in love with American blues, soul, r 'n'b and country.

"Hackney diamonds" could also have been a final reminder of what is deep inside Jagger, Richards and Ron Wood, far beyond all the stadium fluff. A final discharge of the band that was the best in the world for fifteen years, from the mid-60s to the early 80s (and then lived on that reputation for another 40).

From a craft perspective, it's also the Rolling Stones' most focused collection of songs in a long time. With Charlie Watts - whose jazzy smooth drumming has been a central part of the band - death in 2021 hanging over the recordings, lyrics like "too young for dying/too old to lose" in "Depending on you" or the powerful single ballad with the telling title "Sweet sound of heaven” feel more meaningful. The guest artists are also true rock royalty – Paul McCartney, Stvie Wonder, Elton John and Lady Gaga – although it's really only the latter, whose soulful vocals lift the mentioned single, that really leaves any mark on the result.

Had someone in the Stones circle only called in, say, Rick Rubin as producer, the group's first self-titled album in eighteen years could have been a grandiose, if predictable, potential finale.

Now they chose the wooden goat Andrew Watt instead, the music industry's cherished answer to Killinggängets sound-fetishist therapist Uncle Barbro. And that is the main reason why the music on "Hackney diamonds" never lives up to the story of the album after all.

Watt is a perennial Grammy-winning producer who, whether he's producing Justin Bieber, Ozzy Osbourne, Camilla Cabello, Iggy Pop or the Stones, applies the same scrubbed filter to everything, with the sole aim of impressing the guys at the hi-fi store. Or possibly Patrick Bateman.

Stone's groove has always arisen because there is dirt and oil in the nooks and crannies, but Watt has dipped a tip in disinfectant and meticulously cleaned every single note. Large parts of the soundscape on "Hackney diamonds" are thus so clinically sterile, rigid and unimaginably unswinging that no rock'n'rollator in the world can help it move forward.

Best track: "Sweet sound of heaven"

Mattias Dahlström

Date: October 17, 2023 13:56

That sullen Swede needs his ears seen to! I'd guess he was instructed to demolish the album, but the closing summation, after the basic idiocy of the rest of it, is a farrago of nonsense! HOWEVER 'The wooden goat' is such a good phrase though, even if i am not sure what it means!

Posted by: bluecore ()
Date: October 17, 2023 14:25

MadMetaphoricalMax
That sullen Swede needs his ears seen to! I'd guess he was instructed to demolish the album, but the closing summation, after the basic idiocy of the rest of it, is a farrago of nonsense! HOWEVER 'The wooden goat' is such a good phrase though, even if i am not sure what it means!

thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 17, 2023 14:32

micha063
Wuudy
kid killowatt

Angry - 8.5
Get Close - 9
Depending On You - 8.5
Bite My Head Off - 6.5
Whole Wide World - 8
Dreamy Skies - 9
Mess it up - 6
Live By The Sword - 7
Tell Me Straight - 9

There was radioshow some days ago.
New Stone Age Sun 15th October Planet Rock.
Try this link:

[wetransfer.com]

Thanks!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: October 17, 2023 14:40

yeababyyea

2/5

"Hackney diamonds" could have been a last reminder of what once made The Rolling Stones the world's best band. Instead, producer Andrew Watt has gotten away with the cleaning agent and sterilized the entire soundscape, writes Mattias Dahlström.

"Hackney diamonds" is London slang for the pieces of glass you find on the ground after you have had your windscreen smashed in the London borough of Hackney. It's an album title that should signal a return - from being an arena rock band with real gems to trying to recreate the simple life, when Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were just young British lads head over heels in love with American blues, soul, r 'n'b and country.

"Hackney diamonds" could also have been a final reminder of what is deep inside Jagger, Richards and Ron Wood, far beyond all the stadium fluff. A final discharge of the band that was the best in the world for fifteen years, from the mid-60s to the early 80s (and then lived on that reputation for another 40).

From a craft perspective, it's also the Rolling Stones' most focused collection of songs in a long time. With Charlie Watts - whose jazzy smooth drumming has been a central part of the band - death in 2021 hanging over the recordings, lyrics like "too young for dying/too old to lose" in "Depending on you" or the powerful single ballad with the telling title "Sweet sound of heaven” feel more meaningful. The guest artists are also true rock royalty – Paul McCartney, Stvie Wonder, Elton John and Lady Gaga – although it's really only the latter, whose soulful vocals lift the mentioned single, that really leaves any mark on the result.

Had someone in the Stones circle only called in, say, Rick Rubin as producer, the group's first self-titled album in eighteen years could have been a grandiose, if predictable, potential finale.

Now they chose the wooden goat Andrew Watt instead, the music industry's cherished answer to Killinggängets sound-fetishist therapist Uncle Barbro. And that is the main reason why the music on "Hackney diamonds" never lives up to the story of the album after all.

Watt is a perennial Grammy-winning producer who, whether he's producing Justin Bieber, Ozzy Osbourne, Camilla Cabello, Iggy Pop or the Stones, applies the same scrubbed filter to everything, with the sole aim of impressing the guys at the hi-fi store. Or possibly Patrick Bateman.

Stone's groove has always arisen because there is dirt and oil in the nooks and crannies, but Watt has dipped a tip in disinfectant and meticulously cleaned every single note. Large parts of the soundscape on "Hackney diamonds" are thus so clinically sterile, rigid and unimaginably unswinging that no rock'n'rollator in the world can help it move forward.

Mattias Dahlström

I think you have serious hearing problems!!grinning smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-17 15:00 by HardRiffin.

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: October 17, 2023 15:04

Mess It Up is going to be a dance hit. You can tell Charlie's on it.
It's the one Mick had posted some time ago, that seemed to go like "really wanna tell the truth".

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: October 17, 2023 15:32

yeababyyea

At least Patrick Bateman might finally realise that the saddest song he knows - YCAGWYW - is not by The Beatles...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 17, 2023 15:47

I have completed my purchase of all remaining items now, with the exception of the CD boxset, for which I will wait for a BF price drop. The lenticular print was out of stock now on Udiscover, and I had to go to the Stones shop to grab it, and that actually worked out better, as the price was about $14 cheaper!!

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 17, 2023 15:55

HardRiffin
yeababyyea

2/5

Mattias Dahlström

I think you have serious hearing problems!!grinning smiley

Why? Because he does not agree with all mostly extreme positive reviews? Nothing wrong with having a different opinion I think. I was getting a little suspicious after all those flattering reports.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 17, 2023 15:56

Hackney Diamond vinyl is on its way to my home, says my recordshop. That would mean it will arrive tomorrow. No complaining on my side, but is that even allowed?

Posted by: Idorh ()
Date: October 17, 2023 16:01

Christos
It's the one Mick had posted some time ago, that seemed to go like "really wanna tell the truth".

The more I play it the better it gets. Actually, I have it with all the songs.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 17, 2023 16:02

Christos

Should we expect Extended Dub Club Instrumental Perfecto Sexy Disco Straight Vocal Soul Solution Bonus Roll Deep Dish Grunge Garage Remix?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...125126127128129130131132133134135...LastNext
Current Page: 130 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2103
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home