Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 10, 2023 20:45

tiffanyblu

Is there a info somewhere on to what countries RS offical store actually ships to?

From the FAQ on [www.Bravado.de] : "Generally, we deliver worldwide". See also the shipping costs: [www.Bravado.de] .

From the order information on [Platenzaak.nl] : "Within Europe we deliver to the following countries: Germany, Luxembourg, France, Austria, Ireland, Poland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Denmark, Finland, Malta and Sweden".

From the Help & Support on RS-Shop UK and uDiscoverMusic (via search): "We offer a Rest of World Standard Delivery service that gives you a quick, efficient, and low-cost delivery, please see the time frames: Europe - up to 10 working days, USA/Canada - up to 14 working days, Rest of the World - up to 20 working days".

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-10 21:35 by Irix.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 10, 2023 21:07

txussilvestre
Is the same song length for the 7’’ and for the 10’’? Thanks!

Honestly I don't hear any difference. Both records do not tell the running time. I'm sure it's the same. Also, I'm certain it's the same on the CD version. I will say the dynamics seem beautiful on vinyl.

Posted by: txussilvestre ()
Date: September 10, 2023 21:51

frankotero
txussilvestre
Is the same song length for the 7’’ and for the 10’’? Thanks!

Honestly I don't hear any difference. Both records do not tell the running time. I'm sure it's the same. Also, I'm certain it's the same on the CD version. I will say the dynamics seem beautiful on vinyl.

thumbs up

Posted by: amg077 ()
Date: September 10, 2023 22:13

Ithink I will get the deluxe cd

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: September 10, 2023 23:14

CaptainCorella
MizzAmandaJonez
Conflicts among leaders in organizations, relationships, or marriages are common, highlighting the value of silence.

JF: "What's the secret to a happy marriage?"

MJ: Not to talk too often.

KR: How politely to say 'shut up'

Leaders often have trusted advisors, like Steve and Matt, who play important roles, almost like a consigliere.

CHELSKEITH

That bit above (trusted advisors) isn't always the case.

Far, far, too many powerful people end up surrounded by a groups of sycophantic attendants who simply always agree with the self delusional ideas of their Leader.

I'll not mention current people (no politics on IORR) but it's one of the reasons for the downfall of Mrs Thatcher in the UK. No-one stood up to her to ever tell her the truth.

Historians will tell you that it was the reason that a Court Jester existed in the Royal Household. He was someone who could tell the absolute truth to the monarch and still be safe.

It's also part of the reason why many top jobs in Democracies are time limited. There's a reason why the US President can only be in office for 2 terms. Any longer would be an issue.

Back to The Stones. I really hope that Matt & Steve really are there and able to tell Mick & Keith what's going on in the real world and what really works in the music and what does not. And that Mick & Keith are smart enough to listen to what they are saying.

And why should Mick and Keith listen to Matt and Steve? What credentials do Matt and Steve have to make listening to them so potentially beneficial to either Mick and Keith?

Mick and Keith do just fine. They don't need anyone to tell them what is going on in the real world. We all know that while the band have not rushed into recording or releasing an album of new material, they have all been pretty active, performance-wise. And Mick, who has probably been the quietest on that front, is always ultra-busy. Functioning, in effect, as the de-facto chief executive of The Stones.

Your rather presumptuous comment suggests The Stones live in a world completely divorced from reality. In fact, the truth is very much the opposite. They tour, they have pretty busy individual careers, they are part of the longest running rock band IN THE WORLD. And they have just released a single that kicks ass.

Where does any need for Matt and Steve manifest itself in all of that?

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: September 10, 2023 23:15

I will definitely buy a disk-format, for I try to stream as less as possible (CO2-reasons). I've got more than 1000 of my beloved songs on memory cards I use on my devices - and those from the new album will add to this! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 10, 2023 23:24

GerardHennessy
CaptainCorella
MizzAmandaJonez
Conflicts among leaders in organizations, relationships, or marriages are common, highlighting the value of silence.

Leaders often have trusted advisors, like Steve and Matt, who play important roles, almost like a consigliere.

CHELSKEITH

Far, far, too many powerful people end up surrounded by a groups of sycophantic attendants who simply always agree with the self delusional ideas of their Leader.

I'll not mention current people (no politics on IORR) but it's one of the reasons for the downfall of Mrs Thatcher in the UK. No-one stood up to her to ever tell her the truth.

Historians will tell you that it was the reason that a Court Jester existed in the Royal Household. He was someone who could tell the absolute truth to the monarch and still be safe.

It's also part of the reason why many top jobs in Democracies are time limited. There's a reason why the US President can only be in office for 2 terms. Any longer would be an issue.

Back to The Stones. I really hope that Matt & Steve really are there and able to tell Mick & Keith what's going on in the real world and what really works in the music and what does not. And that Mick & Keith are smart enough to listen to what they are saying.

And why should Mick and Keith listen to Matt and Steve? What credentials do Matt and Steve have to make listening to them so potentially beneficial to either Mick and Keith?

Mick and Keith do just fine. They don't need anyone to tell them what is going on in the real world. We all know that while the band have not rushed into recording or releasing an album of new material, they have all been pretty active, performance-wise. And Mick, who has probably been the quietest on that front, is always ultra-busy. Functioning, in effect, as the de-facto chief executive of The Stones.

Your rather presumptuous comment suggests The Stones live in a world completely divorced from reality. In fact, the truth is very much the opposite. They tour, they have pretty busy individual careers, they are part of the longest running rock band IN THE WORLD. And they have just released a single that kicks ass.

Art and politics are complete different realms, seem to be comparing apples to cucumbers here.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 11, 2023 00:13

GerardHennessy
CaptainCorella
MizzAmandaJonez

CHELSKEITH

I think I have a possible solution. Let Matt and Steve take over the Stones entirely and allow Mick and Keith to guest on a few songs here and there.

That would keep it really current, but still keep in touch with their past.

I for one feel that Mick and Keith are 'smart enough' to listen to what they're saying.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 11, 2023 00:40

waterrats
I will definitely buy a disk-format, for I try to stream as less as possible (CO2-reasons). I've got more than 1000 of my beloved songs on memory cards I use on my devices - and those from the new album will add to this! smiling bouncing smiley

You can download every album you want via Spotify or Apple Music, then the album is being played from your device and not from the server.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 11, 2023 03:17

john lomax
My guess would be that there will be another single a week or two before the album comes out

ya.. probably whatever they were shooting in NYC.. first one West Coast, next one East Coast, maybe grittier

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: September 11, 2023 07:07

CAUTION !!!

The LP is available again on CD-Japan - but the entry with "Japan Bonus Track" on the vinyl LP has been removed :!:

It seems strange to me that they do an extra pressing for the vinyl, or that it is more complicated to put an additional bonus track on an LPs page (limited track times etc.).

The entries with "Japan Bonus Track" are still present on the CDs, so the one bonus track will probably only be included on the CDs.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: September 11, 2023 09:35

[www.noise11.com]

It's really strange they have a second new album ready!! I don't think so.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 11, 2023 09:40

Nankstone

The entries with "Japan Bonus Track" are still present on the CDs, so the one bonus track will probably only be included on the CDs.

Universal Music Japan always stated that the bonus track will be on CD only.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 11, 2023 09:59

Wonder what thee bonus is gonna be ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: September 11, 2023 11:04

HardRiffin
[www.noise11.com]

I'm not surprised at all. Mick said during the interview they have recorded 23 songs. There must a material for another album though...

Date: September 11, 2023 11:43

To record enough songs for two albums, like Ronnie said, is NOT the same as having a second album ready. Wrong interpretation smiling smiley

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: September 11, 2023 11:46

The Japanese Vinyl (Import) does not have a bonustrack.

Read below:

Hi, Thank you for shopping at CDJapan.

We have just received an update from the distributor concerning an item in your order (not my order)

The record company provided wrong information about the product.

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

***It does not include the bonus track that is on the CDs***

You can view your the orderdetails and the order status in your customer account.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: September 11, 2023 12:08

DandelionPowderman
To record enough songs for two albums, like Ronnie said, is NOT the same as having a second album ready. Wrong interpretation smiling smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 11, 2023 12:31

john lomax
My guess would be that there will be another single a week or two before the album comes out

Hopefully the song with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder, I'm looking forward to that one

Date: September 11, 2023 12:39

NilsHolgersson
john lomax

Hopefully the song with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder, I'm looking forward to that one

If so, it'll be an edit. The Album track is 7 minutes +.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 11, 2023 12:40

Irix
tiffanyblu

Is there a info somewhere on to what countries RS offical store actually ships to?

From the FAQ on [www.Bravado.de] : "Generally, we deliver worldwide". See also the shipping costs: [www.Bravado.de] .

From the order information on [Platenzaak.nl] : "Within Europe we deliver to the following countries: Germany, Luxembourg, France, Austria, Ireland, Poland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Denmark, Finland, Malta and Sweden".

From the Help & Support on RS-Shop UK and uDiscoverMusic (via search): "We offer a Rest of World Standard Delivery service that gives you a quick, efficient, and low-cost delivery, please see the time frames: Europe - up to 10 working days, USA/Canada - up to 14 working days, Rest of the World - up to 20 working days".

thank you Irix. Do not work for me though sad smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 11, 2023 13:00

I’m surprised that neither Amazon or Bull Moose here in USA have the blu-ray listed yet. What gives?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 11, 2023 13:51

DandelionPowderman

And let's be thankful for that. We heard Mick say they wanted the album to be outstanding!
From earlier outstanding albums that came with deluxe extras from the vault, I can
honestly say, that I liked the songs that made it to the original albums far better
than those leftovers, with only a very rare exception.
So I trust their judgement and am not really looking forward to the eleven "others".

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-11 13:51 by marcovandereijk.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: September 11, 2023 14:16

DandelionPowderman

Why not? It MIGHT be not the same, but at the same time they MIGHT have another album ready or planning it, or not at all.
There is a reason why they have recorded 23 songs I assume.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 11, 2023 14:28

HardRiffin
[www.noise11.com]

Agreed, I'm trusting you over Ronnie.

Date: September 11, 2023 14:36

MonicaDe
DandelionPowderman

Why not? It MIGHT be not the same, but at the same time they MIGHT have another album ready or planning it, or not at all.
There is a reason why they have recorded 23 songs I assume.

The article said they had a second album ready. None of the Stones claimed that.

Of course they could have it ready, but it's wrong to claim that based on the info Ronnie and Mick gave.

That's why smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 11, 2023 14:53

Honestly, I don't give a shit about those other 11 songs now. I am eager to hear the 11 songs that did made the album...smoking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 11, 2023 15:01

Bashlets
I’m surprised that neither Amazon or Bull Moose here in USA have the blu-ray listed yet. What gives?

Yeah I was hoping to order from Amazon assuming their shipping may be quicker and more reliable.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: September 11, 2023 16:02

Because they mentioned they recorded 23 songs and 12 songs are chosen for the album (for Japan cd even 13) journalists are making up that the leftovers will be used for a next album.
But maybe they release some of these songs on a later limited edition like the 2 bonus songs of A bigger bang. Or they will end up in the vaults

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 11, 2023 16:18

They will probably end up on the Hackey Diamonds 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe edition in 2063

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home