Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 27, 2023 14:20

Christiaan, I thought that was two different accounts, not a name change per se.

Not familiar with IG tho because I'm not really on it - can you see a name change history for an account?

Or are you saying that while they set up the @hackneydiamonds account in April (apparently around the same time the website address was registered and the Twitter account was set up) they just thought "screw it", went out and set up another one, @hackneydiamonds2023, just now?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-27 14:37 by Topi.

Posted by: The Dane ()
Date: August 27, 2023 14:25

I kind of like Andrew Watt, he also produced and charred co writings on the last to Ozzy albums. He definitely likes guest on the albums.

But he seems like a cool guy with a great passion and respect for the old rock musicians

Check this interviews (it can be difficult to understand Ozzy…)

I think there is hope for us

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 27, 2023 15:16

Topi
Christiaan, I thought that was two different accounts, not a name change per se.

Not familiar with IG tho because I'm not really on it - can you see a name change history for an account?

Or are you saying that while they set up the @hackneydiamonds account in April (apparently around the same time the website address was registered and the Twitter account was set up) they just thought "screw it", went out and set up another one, @hackneydiamonds2023, just now?

I can’t see when the name was changed, but the one with 2023 was the first I’ve seen around. I thought when I first looked at it, it said it was from April 2023. I see now the new one, now there can be seen it was registered April 2023 and one time the name was changed. That’s what I make of it cool smiley

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 27, 2023 15:18

The link with 2023 added is now listed as registered August 2023…
Hackney Diamonds 2023
[www.instagram.com]

This one was first registered April 2023, but now changed as registered August 2023. Strange??

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-27 15:23 by Christiaan.

Posted by: biggzee ()
Date: August 27, 2023 15:27

Search Hackney Diamonds on Amazon and there’s a load of unofficial crappy t shirts and sweatshirts with a really poor version of the tongue, tasteless tat!

Date: August 27, 2023 15:47

Christiaan
The link with 2023 added is now listed as registered August 2023…
Hackney Diamonds 2023
[www.instagram.com]

This one was first registered April 2023, but now changed as registered August 2023. Strange??

Interesting if true.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 27, 2023 15:47

biggzee
Search Hackney Diamonds on Amazon and there’s a load of unofficial crappy t shirts and sweatshirts with a really poor version of the tongue, tasteless tat!
Yep. Hope someone will stop this sh*t.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 27, 2023 16:21

Hey team, it seems I will be in Hackney for the week of Sept 3-10, I know it's been discussed here, but could anyone give me some tips on what/when to look out for - eg. some announcement (free show!) at Hackney Empire etc

THANK YOU!
smileys with beer

Date: August 27, 2023 16:28

Hey, I would like to give shout out to Rev over on Rocksoff re: the intel on the social media accounts. winking smiley And good entertainment and jokes all along the way. Funnier than Hairball!

(Too bad the album doesn't have 50 tracks or isn't named "Rocking The Blues" after all!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-27 16:29 by Topi.

Date: August 27, 2023 16:33

biggzee

Did not find anything of the sort. Taken down already? Didn't think Amazon would carry pirated stuff.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 27, 2023 16:34

Hairball
Irix
Bashlets

Is having Watt a co-writer a good sign?

The greatest RnR-band on Earth needs a co-writer and non-Stones related guests .... indeed mixed emotions.

And then there's the questions regarding whether Andrew Watt plays any guitar and/or other instruments on the new album.
On the recent Iggy and Ozzy albums, not only is he producer, but he's also credited on some tracks with guitars, vocals, keyboards, piano, bass, strings, co-writer, etc. - even as a photographer for the Ozzy album!
Along with getting co-writing credits on three new Stones tunes that we know of, having him stamp himself all over the place could be yet another reason why Keith had some issues with Andrew Watt.
Someone posted a video in the old thread of him "shredding" guitar while performing with Miley Cyrus, and can't imagine how any of that could possibly fit on a Stones album. But if so, it is what it is.....

He might even get a credit for leaving his finger prints of Mick Jagger's door handle ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
(Weren't that a cool credit, for once?)

Date: August 27, 2023 16:36

doitywoik

He might even get a credit for leaving his finger prints of Mick Jagger's door handle ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

What was the stuff in the doorway again?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-27 16:38 by Topi.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 27, 2023 16:38

Topi
biggzee

Did not find anything of the sort. Taken down already? Didn't think Amazon would carry pirated stuff.
Hackney Diamonds pirate merch on Amazon

Date: August 27, 2023 16:39

Oh, you gotta change your country to Germany to see it.

Yeah, looks pretty fugly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-27 16:40 by Topi.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 27, 2023 16:49

Topi
doitywoik

What was the stuff in the doorway again?

You think it wasn't MJ's doggie but Andrew Watt? eye popping smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 27, 2023 17:00

MAF

Hackney Diamonds pirate merch on Amazon

Beside [www.Amazon.de] it works also with [www.Amazon.fr] and [www.Amazon.it] .

Date: August 27, 2023 17:03

You'd have to think the Stones are not going to let that stand for too long. Their IPR lawyers are on their weekend break right now...

Then again, is the tongue so bad/off that it's fair game? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-27 17:12 by Topi.

Date: August 27, 2023 17:25

peoplewitheyes

could anyone give me some tips on what/when to look out for - eg. some announcement (free show!) at Hackney Empire

Camping outside the Hackney Empire Theatre to see if some equipment with the RS logo/name on it is brought in. winking smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 27, 2023 18:01

Staying hopeful. Steven van Zandt told USA Today months ago he heard “quite good” or something close to that and then the music guy who told Howard Stern 3 friends told him “exceptional” so I will keep the faith

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 27, 2023 18:40

Drive Me Hard as a title reminds me of Driving Too Fast.

Date: August 27, 2023 18:50

Topi
biggzee

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: August 27, 2023 18:53

I will certainly keep an eye on the Empire, what are the rumoured dates?

Irix
peoplewitheyes

could anyone give me some tips on what/when to look out for - eg. some announcement (free show!) at Hackney Empire

Camping outside the Hackney Empire Theatre to see if some equipment with the RS logo/name on it is brought in. winking smiley

Date: August 27, 2023 19:10

peoplewitheyes

The album announcement itself could be Sept. 5-7, but who knows when/where they would do rehearsals if there's something live.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 27, 2023 20:16

Irix
peoplewitheyes

The album announcement itself could be Sept. 5-7, but who knows when/where they would do rehearsals if there's something live.

My guess is that they’ll use the Empire for a press conference.

Ronnie seems to live in England but I haven’t heard of Mick or Keith landing on British soil so far, not that I’d expect them yet if it is to be a press conference rather than a concert.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 27, 2023 20:43

Amazon appears to have an indifferent attitude to selling bootleg material. I see many recordings that Discogs properly identifies as unauthorized and blocks from sellers being able to list, that are blatantly being trafficked plain as day there. eBay similarly lets a lot of bootleg material be listed. It’s surprising that Amazon gets away with it.

Date: August 27, 2023 20:45

Harlem Shuffler

Maybe after that a pre-listening session of the new album for journalists / invited guests. Who knows, many possibilities ....

Remark to 'pre-listening': in music business, when selected journalists are invited for a first listen of new album, it's called pre-listening session. Record companies do not send CDs or MP3s anymore to prevent leaks.
It's not necessarily a listening party which has an entertaining ('fun') part. Pre-listening more in the critical sense.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-28 15:45 by Irix.

Date: August 27, 2023 21:51

Javadave
Amazon appears to have an indifferent attitude to selling bootleg material. I see many recordings that Discogs properly identifies as unauthorized and blocks from sellers being able to list, that are blatantly being trafficked plain as day there. eBay similarly lets a lot of bootleg material be listed. It’s surprising that Amazon gets away with it.

I agree, I’m sure there’s plenty of sellers on Amazon selling Stones t shirts, it’s just that these look really sh*t, surely nobody would buy one!

Date: August 27, 2023 23:05

Harlem Shuffler

The whole RS Touring-Band was followed by the HackneyDiamonds2023 account on Instagram with the Empire Theatre picture - [iorr.org] . Could also speak for something live.

They could do a "mini-show": starting live with 'Satisfaction' and 'Shattered'. When the band is off-stage, a small video trailer appears and introduces the 'Hackney Diamonds' theme. Then follows the album announcement and some interviews. After that they play the first single live (e.g. 'Angry') and as a finale 'Gimme Shelter'. Without the Stones then a pre-listening of the new album for the guests. Maybe nearby an after party to finish off. Just an idea and again, many possibilities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-28 11:25 by Irix.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: August 27, 2023 23:15

Just checked Amazon US - no Hackney Diamonds tees or sweatshirts but, oddly, a bunch of throw pillows are for sale w/ uninteresting designs. Amazon US

Date: August 27, 2023 23:17

That sounds like my kind of evening!

I'll get my game rags on and see what I can find.

Irix
Harlem Shuffler

The whole RS Touring-Band is following the Hackney Diamonds account on Instagram with the Empire Theatre picture - [iorr.org] . Could also speak for something live.

They could do a "mini-show": starting live with 'Satisfaction' and 'Shattered'. When the band is off-stage, a small video trailer appears and introduces the 'Hackney Diamonds' theme. Then follows the album announcement and some interviews. After that they play the first single live (e.g. 'Angry') and as a finale 'Gimme Shelter'. Without the Stones then a pre-listening of the new album for the guests. Maybe nearby an after party to finish off. Just an idea and again, many possibilities.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home