Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: OT: Taylor Swift stuff
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 17, 2023 07:54

Numerous world records and continuously dominating the charts, seems her legacy is being permanently etched stone in multiple ways.
From Billboard:

Taylor Swift Is the Subject of a New University Course on Social Psychology
The course will be offered at Arizona State University.

Excerpt:

"Swift has increasingly been a topic of study at numerous universities across the country. In February 2022, NYU’s Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music
launched its first-ever class on the superstar taught by Rolling Stone writer Brittany Spanos. Last August, the University of Texas at Austin rolled out a
new liberal arts course entitled Literary Contests and Contexts — The Taylor Swift Songbook, where the singer-songwriter’s work was studied alongside
the likes of Chaucer, Shakespeare, Wyatt, Coleridge, Keats, Dickinson and Plath with “required texts” including four of her most recent albums".

More. > Swift

Needless to say, the verdict is already in, and like her or not she'll be around for a very long time to come.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: August 17, 2023 07:55

Im an outsider to Taylor Swift’s stuff, but the odd track that I know I like. Thanks Voodoo Lounge 13, I’m now going to listen to the rest of her stuff. That’s today’s work from home soundtrack sorted then!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 17, 2023 16:58

Be interested to hear your thoughts on it all, Scooby. As I said, I'm far from a Swifty that is for sure, but her talent can't be denied, and she does have some mighty good songs! And from my perspective, one album that ranks amongst the best that have ever been released. I think that's quite the feat. Where exactly I'd rank it, I'm not sure, but I would definitely put it in my Top 25.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: August 17, 2023 19:50

I agreee. I could not name a single one of songs ...but that was a very impressive move. I like how she treats her fan base. She seems to be a great role model.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: August 17, 2023 20:22

Let's not forget this moment.

[youtu.be]

Which occurred a couple years after this.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-17 20:35 by snorton.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 18, 2023 20:37

A report on CNN said her tour could gross 2.2 billion in North American ticket sales alone!! Her average attendance per show is 72,459 which is huge.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: August 18, 2023 20:54

She has one good album and that is Ryan Adams version of 1989

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 18, 2023 21:30

More power to her. A few years back we thought maybe some Stones records would be broken by U2. At least U2 was in the running. But Swift came out of left field. Every generation should have its pop stars. We were lucky to have so many. We had no idea how rich we were at the time.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 19, 2023 07:00

but..... "And when I search a faceless crowd
A swirling mass of gray and black and white
They don't look real to me
In fact, they look so strange"
Jagger/K.Richards

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 19, 2023 08:45

I’m a fan of LIVE music, acts that can bring people out to a venue for a night of music.
It’s why the Stones, in my opinion will always be better than the Beatles.
Ask a Beatle-head and they go into some nonsense, endless nonsense about playing clubs in Germany.
I’m talking big time tours done in big league stadiums and what this young lady did was straight out phenomenal.

If you look at all these “ tour records” they’re bullshit. 4 years in and we’re on the 9th “leg” of the blah blah blah.
NO, a tour is when you start at one end of a country and play a string of consecutive shows until you stop. Period.
That doesn’t mean you go home for six months and go back out on the worldwide jerkoff tour part 6.

And Taylor did a real tour, she started early in the year, played a set of shows and stopped.that was a real tour,I can’t wait to see the numbers.

OT: Taylor Swift stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 2, 2023 02:53

Taylor Swift announces The Eras Tour concert film:

The Eras Tour has been the most meaningful, electric experience of my life so far and I’m overjoyed to tell you that it’ll be coming to the big screen soon Starting Oct 13th you’ll be able to experience the concert film in theaters in North America! Tickets are on sale now at [taylor.lnk.to]. Eras attire, friendship bracelets, singing and dancing encouraged 1, 2, 3 LGB!!!! (iykyk)

[twitter.com]

Date: September 20, 2023 23:55

Is it just me or is there more than a striking resemblance between this photo and Ms. Swift?!?!?!?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 21, 2023 03:27

Colleague in my office said his daughter in Vancouver is going to fly to Paris next year to see Taylor! Apparently it was easier to get tickets there than for the 6 shows in Toronto. Also, for some weird reason, a flight to Paris was cheaper than a flight to Toronto!

Date: September 21, 2023 07:11

Thought of seeing if I could grab a ticket to a European show myself but figured I’d need all the $$$ I can save for tix for another tour and the re-release of HD in the second set of colored vinyls!!! LOL

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 21, 2023 09:26

EEEErrrr looks a lot like Patti Hansen ....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 21, 2023 15:34

It IS Patti Hansen, Rock! Just couldn't believe how much Ms Swift kinda resembles her!!! Had to do a double take on that photo.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 21, 2023 21:45

Ahhhh thats good .... me eye-balls are still workin' ...

ROCKMAN

Date: September 21, 2023 22:34

that they are! What's Patti holding in that photo? Looks like a phallic symbol...

Date: September 21, 2023 23:15

I always like these mega pop queens. From Madonna, to Whitney, from Lady Gaga to Miley; and Taylor. They are obviously bringing something huge to millions.
Twice in last weeks I woke up to a pop song, where I'm thinking "this is actually pretty intriguing'. Both times it was Taylor, 'Antihero' and 'Karma'.

On a negative note, it made me want to check out Spotify Top 25. OMG! Words fail. What an utter load of disposable crap haha..

Date: September 21, 2023 23:43

Not a huge fan of Karma. Antihero is a very good tune, though!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: September 21, 2023 23:57

You can now take part in an academic study at The University of Melbourne of Ms Swift's career...

[www.theage.com.au]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 22, 2023 04:44

CaptainCorella
You can now take part in an academic study at The University of Melbourne of Ms Swift's career...

[www.theage.com.au]

That's a fine use of your tax dollars unless it's a private school.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: September 23, 2023 00:43

crholmstrom
CaptainCorella

[www.theage.com.au]

That's a fine use of your tax dollars unless it's a private school.

It's a University, not a school.

And yes I do reckon that it's a suitable use of resources. If something is happening in society that is having a huge social, psychological and economic impact, then it's probably a good thing that sensible people are taking a look at it and trying to understand its wider impact.

I used to have a view similar to those I suspect you have, about how my son was wasting his academic time studying "computer games". And then he pointed out that (at the time) upwards of 2 million people each day were playing World of Warcraft online. That's a lot of people and a lot of societal impact.

He stayed in that field of research and recently got a prestigious grant (signed off by our Federal minister for education, I've seen the letter) to allow early studies of the way that commerce is monetizing childrens' computer and phone games. I'd strongly support my tax dollars paying for a better understanding by Governments in what these people are doing to our young kids and how to regulate it.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 10, 2023 03:22

Taylor's version of 1989 will have 4 different CD covers that each come with a mini poster of that particular cover. Lots of room for expansion by our boys. They're doing a great job of trying to be like her, but there's room for improvement!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: October 10, 2023 04:23

1989 is out on the 27th Oct, so the Stones have a week to get to number one .Or chart high before she takes top spot.Worldwide

Date: October 10, 2023 05:28

Yes indeed. My point was that while we've gotten multiple LP versions, there's really only 2 CD versions - digipak and jewel case.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 10, 2023 06:45

pjb
1989 is out on the 27th Oct, so the Stones have a week to get to number one .Or chart high before she takes top spot.Worldwide

Drake just dropped a new album with 23 songs on it which is expected to reach over 500-600 million streams in the US during the first week, more than 400-450k in Billboard units next week only with streaming.

Also Bud Bunny, a trapper/latin rapper, is also releasing a surprise album this Friday 13 and that one will get monster streaming numbers too.

The Stones need Big Big sales to match the 3rd week streaming numbers of Drake and the 2nd week streaming numbers of Bud Bunny.

The Stones album will be #1 on sales easy, but they can end up at #3 on the Billboard 200 behind Drake's and Bud Bunny's monsters streaming units.

Date: October 10, 2023 18:29

Damn. That's a depressing fact, georgelicks. I've purchased all versions at this point except for the Target exclusive purple and MLB ones, which I'm on the fence about - wondering if the prices will drop if sales are low. On the other hand some of the more popular teams like the Yankees and Red Sox could potentially sellout, so hard to tell. Then the only other missing is the boxset, which I wanted to get from Japan.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 30, 2023 09:32

Whoah

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: November 7, 2023 20:55

Taylor Swift fans obsess over her numbers, my daughter's friend literally has 15 copies of her rereleased album, hasn't opened one cause she streams her music to get her numbers up... and look at this...

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-07 20:55 by J-J-Flash.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home