Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT: Buddy Guy - Damn Right Farewell Tour
Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: September 8, 2023 20:54

Saw Buddy Guy last night at the Shell in San Diego. Opening act was Kingfish. Outstanding. I’ve seen Buddy open for the Stones twice and I’ve seen him in concert 4 times. This was the first time he didn’t walk through the crowd playing his guitar and I was a bit disappointed about that. And yes, he talks a lot and doesn’t finish all the songs, but his playing was better last night than the last time I saw him. A treat was his son joined him on stage to play guitar and for the finale, Kingfish too, so there were 4 guitars playing at the end. Tremendous sound! Thank you, Buddy Guy, for another great show. Love you, man.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 9, 2023 03:45

I was at the Hollywood Bowl show the other night, it was pretty good but Kingfish stole the show, so glad I finally got to see him.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 30, 2023 20:47

[thebasie.org]

Due to a medical issue affecting the artist, the Buddy Guy – Damn Right Farewell show set for Saturday, September 30 at the Count Basie Center is being rescheduled to April 9.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 1, 2023 01:08

Yes, he cancelled out of Clapton's Crossroads last weekend.
Hope Buddy gets well soon!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: October 1, 2023 06:22

Damn right, get well soon, Buddy!

(To be selfish, the sooner the better... I've got tickets for 16 days from now.)

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: October 17, 2023 23:27

By a phone call from the venue 1:40 PM found out Buddy's Richmond concert tonight is postponed, to May 1, 2024.

Turns out the postponement was one of more than a dozen announced back on Oct. 2. As a box office walk-up customer the venue didn't have my email address.

However, unless plans have changed since Oct. 2, he is supposed to resume his Farewell Tour three nights from now, Oct. 20. I hope so! thumbs up

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 22, 2023 18:39

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2414
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home