Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: OT: Buddy Guy - Damn Right Farewell Tour
Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: September 8, 2023 20:54

Saw Buddy Guy last night at the Shell in San Diego. Opening act was Kingfish. Outstanding. I’ve seen Buddy open for the Stones twice and I’ve seen him in concert 4 times. This was the first time he didn’t walk through the crowd playing his guitar and I was a bit disappointed about that. And yes, he talks a lot and doesn’t finish all the songs, but his playing was better last night than the last time I saw him. A treat was his son joined him on stage to play guitar and for the finale, Kingfish too, so there were 4 guitars playing at the end. Tremendous sound! Thank you, Buddy Guy, for another great show. Love you, man.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 9, 2023 03:45

I was at the Hollywood Bowl show the other night, it was pretty good but Kingfish stole the show, so glad I finally got to see him.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 30, 2023 20:47

[thebasie.org]

Due to a medical issue affecting the artist, the Buddy Guy – Damn Right Farewell show set for Saturday, September 30 at the Count Basie Center is being rescheduled to April 9.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 1, 2023 01:08

Yes, he cancelled out of Clapton's Crossroads last weekend.
Hope Buddy gets well soon!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: October 1, 2023 06:22

Damn right, get well soon, Buddy!

(To be selfish, the sooner the better... I've got tickets for 16 days from now.)

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: October 17, 2023 23:27

By a phone call from the venue 1:40 PM found out Buddy's Richmond concert tonight is postponed, to May 1, 2024.

Turns out the postponement was one of more than a dozen announced back on Oct. 2. As a box office walk-up customer the venue didn't have my email address.

However, unless plans have changed since Oct. 2, he is supposed to resume his Farewell Tour three nights from now, Oct. 20. I hope so! thumbs up

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 22, 2023 18:39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home