Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13
Re: What’s next from the vault?
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 24, 2023 01:24

Fingers crossed it's something very special and not just a re-release although these are still up for release:

St. Louis 97
Paris 2003
Twickenham 2003
Austin 2005

Something like this would hit the spot tho:

Double Door '97
Shepherds Bush '99
Saitama 06
Another '95 club show

If St Louis is next I just pray that it's a great mix. That's an awesome show.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: April 24, 2023 02:11

Is Wiltern 2003 still possible or was that exclusively a BBC thing?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 24, 2023 06:45

Would be nice to see a new No Filter Live release as a tribute to Charlie - specifically Miami, August 30, 2019.
It was Charlies last show with the band....hard to believe it's been almost four years since that historical occasion.
Great setlist including a monumental Midnight Rambler, also great B-stage set, a sweet You Got the Silver, and also a rollicking version of Brown Sugar!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 24, 2023 06:59

Hairball
Would be nice to see a new No Filter Live release as a tribute to Charlie - specifically Miami, August 30, 2019.
It was Charlies last show with the band....hard to believe it's been almost four years since that historical occasion.
Great setlist including a monumental Midnight Rambler, also great B-stage set, a sweet You Got the Silver, and also a rollicking version of Brown Sugar!

Last time for that, too.

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: April 24, 2023 07:30

A box of the 2002-2003 club shows (Boston Orpheum, Wiltern full show, Munich Circus Krone, Stockholm Cirkus, Sidney Enmore Theater, Budokan) would be the best release we can still expect for performances and setlists.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 24, 2023 08:20

Paris 1976 and Knebworth 1976

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 24, 2023 08:44

smoking smiley

Date: April 24, 2023 09:33

I would love Austin ABB show Uncut. The Biggest Bang version is great but i think an alternate audio mix would be interesting and a complete version with Bitch, Start Me Up and YCAGWYW would be great

Start Me Up (Clip) [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-24 09:38 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: April 24, 2023 09:44

Justin
Fingers crossed it's something very special and not just a re-release although these are still up for release:

St. Louis 97
Paris 2003
Twickenham 2003
Austin 2005

Something like this would hit the spot tho:

Double Door '97
Shepherds Bush '99
Saitama 06
Another '95 club show

If St Louis is next I just pray that it's a great mix. That's an awesome show.

The unreleased 2nd Paradiso show from 1995

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 24, 2023 11:08

spunky
Paris 1976 and Knebworth 1976

That's got to be it. One or the other. I doubt they'd do a double release. They just released a 'recent' one in the NYC DVD. What other choices do they have? They just released 2012. They've released 94, 98, 99. After 2003 it gets real repetitive, and you start getting into fiji tree territory.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 24, 2023 13:46

Although the 1976 parisian shows are fantastic, it needs some work on the video quality. Can they improve/restore the image of Freddy Hausser's visual recordings?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 24, 2023 15:05

rollmops
Although the 1976 parisian shows are fantastic, it needs some work on the video quality. Can they improve/restore the image of Freddy Hausser's visual recordings?
Rockandroll,
Mops

The only issue with Paris 1976 is the struggle between Freddy Hausser's widow and children...
Lasting for years... I think even the Stones camp has lost hope in the fact of being able to release it...

Date: April 24, 2023 15:09

I don't know anything about the Paris '76 issues, but if there's issues with the video, couldn't they just release the audio like the fabulous El Mo release???

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 24, 2023 17:52

VoodooLounge13
couldn't they just release the audio like the fabulous El Mo release???

Its a bunch of 4 very average perfs imo. If you remove the image and just sell the audio youll have a terrible release (imo again) all the more disappointing as it would come after the splendid Mocambo one.

Maybe they just wait for the 50th anniversary of the tour... just kidding. winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2023 18:04

DiegoGlimmerStones
I would love Austin ABB show Uncut. The Biggest Bang version is great but i think an alternate audio mix would be interesting and a complete version with Bitch, Start Me Up and YCAGWYW would be great

Keith is bizarrely good in that. That must be an anomaly.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 24, 2023 18:52

GasLightStreet
DiegoGlimmerStones

Keith is bizarrely good in that. That must be an anomaly.

I would be interested if they'd remove all overdubs.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 24, 2023 18:55

I hope for Knebworth '76 (was there)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2023 19:10

Did anyone get the 2003 Madison Square Garden release? The hell is it called.

Had to Google it - LICKED LIVE IN NYC.

I really dug that one on HBO and on FOUR FLICKS. Didn't it get brickwalled and the sound sucks or is it the mix sucks and Ronnie is gone?

I considered getting it but chose to stick with what I have. I'd much seriously consider getting ST LOUIS 1997, if that comes out. That was a fantastic show (except for Dave Mattthewwws).

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 24, 2023 19:14

I hope for St. Louis '97 (I was there).cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-24 19:15 by kovach.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 24, 2023 19:37

i'd like the echoplex 2013

at least the audio

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 24, 2023 20:05

cimaz
A box of the 2002-2003 club shows (Boston Orpheum, Wiltern full show, Munich Circus Krone, Stockholm Cirkus, Sidney Enmore Theater, Budokan) would be the best release we can still expect for performances and setlists.

Hard to believe this all happened 20 years ago! I was very fortunate to have seen several club/theater shows in the US and Europe, as well as many arena and stadium shows during that 2002/2003 Licks tour.
Amazing energy surrounding the shows in each and every city, with fantastic setlists that varied from one night to the next, and all around great performances for the most part.
Memories for a lifetime that almost seem to good to be true, but that was the way the Stones rolled in those days...still setting high standards with innovative tours.

Date: April 24, 2023 21:18

GasLightStreet
Did anyone get the 2003 Madison Square Garden release? The hell is it called.

Had to Google it - LICKED LIVE IN NYC.

I really dug that one on HBO and on FOUR FLICKS. Didn't it get brickwalled and the sound sucks or is it the mix sucks and Ronnie is gone?

I considered getting it but chose to stick with what I have. I'd much seriously consider getting ST LOUIS 1997, if that comes out. That was a fantastic show (except for Dave Mattthewwws).

I got the CD. Listened to it once to make sure there were no skips and packed it away in a box to be unpacked later once I'm settled. Still need the vinyl though.

Posted by: DocChill ()
Date: April 25, 2023 08:11

cimaz
...that's really true smileys with beer !!! I would love it too hot smiley !!!

Posted by: opj ()
Date: April 25, 2023 08:15

Brixton and Amsterdam 1995 both shows on cd and vinyl. A good show from 1970 and 1972 would be good too and a good rarities collection.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 25, 2023 11:20

opj

Brixton and Amsterdam 1995 both shows on cd and vinyl.

Amsterdam (Paradiso) 26-May-1995 was released in 2020 on Color-Vinyl - [iorr.org] . Downloads of Brixton & Paradiso in CD-Quality (burn your own) are available on Qobuz - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-25 11:25 by Irix.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 25, 2023 11:31

One of the ‘95 theatre shows didn’t receive an official release; why not release it and complete the set? Surely, it was professionally filmed?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 25, 2023 11:35

Big Al

One of the ‘95 theatre shows didn’t receive an official release; why not release it and complete the set?

Paradiso 27-May-1995 - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 25, 2023 11:43

Irix
Big Al

One of the ‘95 theatre shows didn’t receive an official release; why not release it and complete the set?

Yep! I’ve just been researching which show it was. They performed a great rendition of Muddy Waters’ Still a Fool. They should release this show, I think. It’s certainly one I would purchase thumbs up

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 25, 2023 17:44

Big Al
Irix
Big Al

Yep! I’ve just been researching which show it was. They performed a great rendition of Muddy Waters’ Still a Fool. They should release this show, I think. It’s certainly one I would purchase thumbs up

This show of Paradiso 27th of May 1995 has one of the best and most surprising setlits played since the early 60’s spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: April 25, 2023 17:52

The 27th show was filmed because they were showing it at the same time at Museumplein in Amsterdam and 30.000 were watching it. So they should have it in the vaults

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2212
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home