Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123Next
Current Page: 120 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023-2024
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 26, 2023 19:21

bam
Interesting tweet by Steve Van Zandt, in response to fan requests for information about Springsteen’s future touring plans. After saying that Bruce and the band want to continue touring, he said that future touring plans are limited by:

“Availability of a limited amount of venues, hotels, planes, trucks, buses, cars, crewmembers, staging, sound systems, lights, video screens, etc, etc, etc. Every possible band and individual artist capable of touring is doing so like never before all at the same time.”
(…)

everybody – except for Dylan. He just does what he has always done, i.e constant touring

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 26, 2023 19:26

Send It To me
With news of a summertime video/photo shoot for a new studio record, I'm nostalgic for the old tour cycle of a late summer album release with N. America tour start in August/September. Dare to dream?

Just had a a flashback to Tattoo You which was released in late summer in August, 1981 with a new tour soon to follow.
I had just enough time to fully absorb the new album before they made it to L.A. and seeing them on October 9th and 11th....

Do I dare to dream it could happen these days? No, but never say never.
Maybe they'll have another new album for next year to coincide with a new tour...smiling smiley...yeah right....dream on...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 26, 2023 19:47

Surely you mean a mini-tour? winking smiley

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 26, 2023 20:03

They could make a mini-tour...4/5 gigs between November/early December in New York and London like in 2012, and then next year a 14/15 show tour.

Date: June 26, 2023 20:18

Come to think of it, Revvy on rocksoff.org talked about a few promotional gigs this year...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 26, 2023 21:56

Tell me the last time they did "promotional gigs". Mind you it takes a month of rehearsals to get rid of the "rust" and get ready.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 26, 2023 22:23

smoking smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 27, 2023 02:00

bv
Tell me the last time they did "promotional gigs". Mind you it takes a month of rehearsals to get rid of the "rust" and get ready.

May 10 2005 at Julliard

Date: June 27, 2023 02:05

bam
Interesting tweet by Steve Van Zandt, in response to fan requests for information about Springsteen’s future touring plans. After saying that Bruce and the band want to continue touring, he said that future touring plans are limited by:

“Availability of a limited amount of venues, hotels, planes, trucks, buses, cars, crewmembers, staging, sound systems, lights, video screens, etc, etc, etc. Every possible band and individual artist capable of touring is doing so like never before all at the same time.”

[twitter.com]

This supports some of the posts in this thread about the reason for the extended delay of the Stones tour, once it had to be postponed.

THIS

Just when the one year lead time became the industry standard, the Stones shifted back to a few months.

But the costs are going to drive some acts out of the industry, off the road and back to their McJobs. Their is no lifetime entitlement to touring money.

I am nostalgic for the days of 6-8 weeks notice. Like I know what I am doing in a year. Even now as often as I go to shows, I mostly just look at the listings for the week and get up and go.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 27, 2023 02:45

bv

November/December 2012?

Date: June 27, 2023 02:46

Topi
Come to think of it, Revvy on rocksoff.org talked about a few promotional gigs this year...

Revvy was also insisting all along the rumors of a tour this year were completely made up.

This album isn't going to sell millions or possibly even hundreds of thousands so there isn't going to be much of a promotional budget. Even smaller promotional gigs would still require great expense. Otherwise possibilities include Today show, Jimmy Kimmel Live and a few others where they can do 4-6 song set on Live TV and maybe a few extra songs for the assembled crowd without the same level of preparation.

I always thought Jimmy Kimmel Live on Hollywood Bl (like McCartney, Depeche Mode, Van Halen) would have been a better choice than Fonda Theatre for the Sticky Fingers gig for example and done a better job of promoting the rest of the tour.

But a lot of bands not at Stones level, even if not actually "on tour" yet will now augment TV appearances with local club gigs so they can still pay expenses involved so 30-50k can't just be charged against their record company account to be paid back out of royalties.

For the Stones the costs would still run much higher.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 27, 2023 03:29

Dan
Topi

Revvy was also insisting all along the rumors of a tour this year were completely made up.

This album isn't going to sell millions or possibly even hundreds of thousands so there isn't going to be much of a promotional budget. Even smaller promotional gigs would still require great expense. Otherwise possibilities include Today show, Jimmy Kimmel Live and a few others where they can do 4-6 song set on Live TV and maybe a few extra songs for the assembled crowd without the same level of preparation.

I always thought Jimmy Kimmel Live on Hollywood Bl (like McCartney, Depeche Mode, Van Halen) would have been a better choice than Fonda Theatre for the Sticky Fingers gig for example and done a better job of promoting the rest of the tour.

But a lot of bands not at Stones level, even if not actually "on tour" yet will now augment TV appearances with local club gigs so they can still pay expenses involved so 30-50k can't just be charged against their record company account to be paid back out of royalties.

For the Stones the costs would still run much higher.

The Stones spend x million on the stage up front. They probably pay for flights etc for rehearsals. It was one thing to visit a talk show for EXILE, it's a whole other thing for them to perform on a show, which, to my recollection, they've never done.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 27, 2023 07:04

I agree Topi. Better have us/Canada tour next year June or July start. Hope they do same cities that were scheduled for this year. There’s always hope.....

Date: June 27, 2023 07:08

bv

I know. That reference to Revvy was a tongue-in-cheek comment.

I didn't expect anyone to take him seriously!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-27 07:29 by Topi.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 27, 2023 10:18

This album will sell for sure, it's the Stones after all, and they can afford whatever promotional budget they want and you can bet Mick will want to push it, especially since he must like it enough to release it at this point in the game. Even if UMG doesn't foot the whole bill, the Stones can recoup/charge some of it against the tour next year.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 27, 2023 12:48

But if Revvy knows so much
WHY cant he give us the lottery
numbers or at least the winner of the Kentucky Derby ........

ROCKMAN

Date: June 27, 2023 13:05

Dan
bv

May 10 2005 at Julliard

That was a press conference, not a gig with a paying crowd. Three songs. Limited band. No pressure. Then they spent two months in Toronto rehearsing for the real shows. Also, this was 18 years ago.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-27 15:26 by bv.

Date: June 27, 2023 13:09

slewan
bv

November/December 2012?

They rehearsed in Paris for weeks ahead of these special gigs in 2012.
Sure they could do the same this year, but they would still need rehearsals.

Bjornulf

Date: June 27, 2023 14:50

For the fans:

Date: June 27, 2023 15:19

bv
Dan
bv

May 10 2005 at Julliard

That was a press conference, not a gig with a paying crowd. Three songs. Limited band. No pressure. Then they spent two months in Toronto rehearsing for the real shows. Also, this was 18 years ago.
3 songs right?

Still remember how fresh and good Brown Sugar sounded

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-27 15:27 by bv.

Date: June 27, 2023 15:43

bv
Dan
bv

May 10 2005 at Julliard

A promotional appearance, promoting the tour that was announced that day. They performed, therefore it was a gig. That's pretty much the textbook definition of a promotional appearance.

Date: June 27, 2023 15:59

Dan
bv
Dan
bv

May 10 2005 at Julliard

A promotional appearance, promoting the tour that was announced that day. They performed, therefore it was a gig. That's pretty much the textbook definition of a promotional appearance.

I was just commenting on the idea/fantasy of them doing a "mini tour" later this year. A mini tour is certainly not the same as three short songs during a press conference. I did not expect a discussion on the English term "gig".

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 27, 2023 17:18

So a small gig with one or two new songs off of the new album and maybe 2 classic stones songs could still be possible in some way? I think them doing a surprise appearance on a famous American TV show or somewhere in NYC would for sure create huge hype around the new album.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 27, 2023 17:43

Yes, Dan. Textbook definition! Right.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 1, 2023 18:47

They get standing ovations from me for soldiering on in the face of all adversity. But it hurts to even watch clips from last summer with Jordan plodding along like he does on half of Crosseyed Heart. It may even be high octane plodding along but the levity (I was reminded by the Salt Lake City version of Satisfaction) is just gone...

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: July 2, 2023 00:36

Obviously won't happen but Madonna had to postpone all her shows she had lined up! Wouldn't it be so great if the Stones could just take her tour schedule(!) Not an actual suggestion just a fun thought.

Date: July 2, 2023 01:34

Nah, she's just going to be a guest on the new album.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 2, 2023 13:37

Keith wore an eye patch way back for The Circus ...

Madonna steals the idea and adds an X ...... HHHHHaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 17, 2023 18:38

Rockman
Keith wore an eye patch way back for The Circus ...

Madonna steals the idea and adds an X ...... HHHHHaaaaaaaaaaa
and she's play backing...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: July 29, 2023 18:55

Apparently, Mick confirmed yesterday to BBC (at the cricket test match) that the Stones will be touring in 2024.

Edit: info taken from another forum, be grateful if anyone can ratify or confirm!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-29 19:23 by petewasbristol.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123Next
Current Page: 120 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1998
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home