Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123Next
Current Page: 121 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023-2024
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 29, 2023 19:02

That is great to hear. Thank you!

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: July 29, 2023 19:16

Rocky Dijon

No problem. This info was pulled from a Bruce Springsteen forum (of all places) so would be grateful if anyone can ratify this info (BBC radio, BBC cricket live text feed on website etc.).

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: July 29, 2023 19:34

petewasbristol
Rocky Dijon

No problem. This info was pulled from a Bruce Springsteen forum (of all places) so would be grateful if anyone can ratify this info (BBC radio, BBC cricket live text feed on website etc.).

I've been watching the cricket on Sky where they have been showing pix of Mick in the posh seats. The commentator (Michael Atherton) mentioned that he and another Sky Sports pundit (Mark Butcher) shared a glass of wine with MJ last evening. However other than complimenting Jagger on his knowledge of cricket, and his birthday, Atherton made no mention about any activity by the band. That proves or disproves nothing of course. However my sense is that if there had been any conversation about a tour, Atherton would have mentioned it. He seemed very keen to talk up his meeting with MJ....

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 29, 2023 20:31

Hope. Cruel, cruel hope.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: July 29, 2023 20:36

Maybe health wasn’t the reason to wait a year…

In what The Wall Street Journal has dubbed “The Year of the $1,000 Concert Ticket,” die-hard fans of all ages are doing whatever they can to afford seeing their idols perform live.

[finance.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 29, 2023 20:41

petewasbristol
Apparently, Mick confirmed yesterday to BBC (at the cricket test match) that the Stones will be touring in 2024.

Edit: info taken from another forum, be grateful if anyone can ratify or confirm!

Wot? The doctors here were declaring that Mick's touring days are over...

- Doxa

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 29, 2023 21:16

petewasbristol
Apparently, Mick confirmed yesterday to BBC (at the cricket test match) that the Stones will be touring in 2024.

I'm sure that's the hope, just as it was to tour the US this year, but as we know those plans changed abruptly at the last moment before the announcement.
Fingers crossed for the band (and for Micks leg) and for those who still want to see them, but 2024 is still a long ways off, and at their age anything can happen as we've seen.
If it does happen (hope springs eternal), thinking South America might be the best bet, but then again the band can probably make much more money in the US, so....
But first things first, and that means a new album....it's been a very long time...and to have a new album + a new tour would be the ultimate for the 60 and counting celebrations...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 29, 2023 22:11

petewasbristol

Edit: info taken from another forum, be grateful if anyone can ratify or confirm!

Nothing on the BBC's social media or YouTube.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 29, 2023 22:18

Hairball

I'm sure that's the hope, just as it was to tour the US this year, but as we know those plans changed abruptly at the last moment before the announcement.

again with the narrative spinning: there was no announcement so there did not exist any last moment shortly before the announcement. hope is something very different from inhabiting a make-believe world

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 29, 2023 22:52

could someone post link to the springsteen forum these comments originate from?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 29, 2023 22:58

Wonder what Springsteen forum it might have been. Did a quick search on BTX, found nothing.

Date: July 29, 2023 23:04

Nikkei
Hairball

again with the narrative spinning: there was no announcement so there did not exist any last moment shortly before the announcement. hope is something very different from inhabiting a make-believe world

No, Hairball's right.

Look, we all remember BV himself said they were supposed to announce the US tour but pulled out. If you plan to announce but have to withdraw - be it at the last minute or not - of course there's a "moment before the announcement".

It wasn't just hope or make-believe. They had a tour planned from June 6 to August 1.

See BV's post here, saying the tour list (among other things) was ready:

[iorr.org]

Originally, BV informed us about the no-go on February 15: [iorr.org]

So, if they were supposed to announce on February 17 but pulled the plug on February 15 or earlier on the same week...sounds a lot like "shortly before the announcement" to me.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-29 23:31 by Topi.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 29, 2023 23:10

Topi
Wonder what Springsteen forum it might have been. Did a quick search on BTX, found nothing.

I think it was this one.

"not sure you are right about headliners not being announced until after ticket sales, or I was just lucky, just heard on BBC cricket, Stones touring next year…..from Sir Micks mouth last night….."

Date: July 29, 2023 23:18

Hairball

and to have a new album + a new tour would be the ultimate for the 60 and counting celebrations...

Make that 61 and counting! winking smiley

Date: July 29, 2023 23:45

Nikkei
Hairball

Not spinning anything, just going off of what Bjornulf informed us all back in February, but maybe you missed all of this because you were banned at the time?
To fill you in what you evidently missed back then, everyone here was excitedly awaiting an official announcement scheduled for Friday, the 17th of February.

From Bjornulf back in February:

"They have reserved venues in North America from early June to early September this year".

Followed by this post from Bjornulf not long after, and just two days before the planned announcement:

"The Rolling Stones tour announcement, expected for Friday, has been cancelled.
The tour is planned for twelve shows in USA and two shows in Canada this summer.
There might be a rescheduling for the fall".

Then a few days later, this post from mpj200:

"It’s an injury boys. The healing time is uncertain due to age. But they are working on rescheduling.
Unfortunate timing. The band has worked very, very hard to get the album done. They will do everything they can to get this back on track".

As we now know, a rescheduled Fall tour for this year also never happened.
Will it eventually happen in 2024? There's always hope.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-29 23:46 by Hairball.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 30, 2023 17:33

I am usually very much a Stones optimist, but the lack of rumors/leaks since February has me a bit concerned about future tours. It has been way too quiet, rumor wise.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 30, 2023 17:54

keefmick
I am usually very much a Stones optimist, but the lack of rumors/leaks since February has me a bit concerned about future tours. It has been way too quiet, rumor wise.

Way too early to talk about a 2024 summer tour, I’d guess.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: July 30, 2023 18:44

Hairball
Nikkei
Hairball

Not spinning anything, just going off of what Bjornulf informed us all back in February, but maybe you missed all of this because you were banned at the time?
To fill you in what you evidently missed back then, everyone here was excitedly awaiting an official announcement scheduled for Friday, the 17th of February.

"They have reserved venues in North America from early June to early September this year".

Followed by this post from Bjornulf not long after, and just two days before the planned announcement:

The tour is planned for twelve shows in USA and two shows in Canada this summer.

"It’s an injury boys. The healing time is uncertain due to age. But they are working on rescheduling.
Unfortunate timing. The band has worked very, very hard to get the album done. They will do everything they can to get this back on track".

Well said Hairball. Balanced, logical, pragmatic and erudite as always. There have always been rumours, and I suspect there always will be. But when we strip away all the comments, hopes and optimistic postings, what we are left with is hope. Pure and simple. Nothing more. Nothing less.

My personal view is that it is most unlike Mick to speak about any Stones related activities in an off-the-cuff conversation with people in the media. Be they cricket commentators, sports journalists or indeed any journalists. He has always struck me as a man who uses official channels and formal press conferences/releases to communicate with the fans. He gets 10/10 from me in that. He is most certainly different to Keith and Ronnie, both of whom are prone to over-optimistic statements that - all too frequently, sadly - prove to be groundless.

Date: July 30, 2023 18:50

Hairball
Nikkei
Hairball

great point you're making, i can always just go ban myself. converting "everyone expecting excitedly" into truthiness is exactly what i'm talking about when i talk "inhabiting make-believe realities"

Date: July 30, 2023 21:18

GerardHennessy
Hairball
Nikkei
Hairball

Well said Hairball. Balanced, logical, pragmatic and erudite as always. There have always been rumours, and I suspect there always will be. But when we strip away all the comments, hopes and optimistic postings, what we are left with is hope. Pure and simple. Nothing more. Nothing less.

My personal view is that it is most unlike Mick to speak about any Stones related activities in an off-the-cuff conversation with people in the media. Be they cricket commentators, sports journalists or indeed any journalists. He has always struck me as a man who uses official channels and formal press conferences/releases to communicate with the fans. He gets 10/10 from me in that. He is most certainly different to Keith and Ronnie, both of whom are prone to over-optimistic statements that - all too frequently, sadly - prove to be groundless.

There's a possibility Mick may have mentioned the hope/possibility of a 2024 tour to one of his cricket cronies during a timeout, but to "confirm" a tour? I seriously doubt that.
But that was the word used in the initial post from petewasbristol who stated: "Apparently, Mick confirmed yesterday to BBC (at the cricket test match) that the Stones will be touring in 2024".
Could be a matter of semantics, or that petewasbristol used the term mistakenly and/or overenthusiastically due to his zest to post this "breaking news". Or maybe he heard/read it all wrong in the first place.
But even when someone like Bjornulf has all the facts laid out and the tour is etched in stone as it was last February, he has never used the term "confirm", Rumoured yes, confirmed no.
And even when there's an announcement imminently scheduled just two days away as it was last February, with fans feeling the excitement (some even booking travel, hotels, etc.), it's still considered a "rumour".
Lots of hope and excitment yes indeed, but it's not until Mick and the Stones actually step up to the plate for an official announcement that the tour is absolutely confirmed and becomes an absolute reality.
But even then, shit can happen as if did in 2019 when a tour was confirmed, then postponed due to Mick heart problems, then thankfully rescheduled which resulted in one of the greatest chapters in Stones history.
So here we are today hoping, waiting, and wondering...will the Stones ever tour again? Hope so. Will they ever release the new album? Even with all the signs pointing in the right direction, we can only hope.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-30 21:20 by Hairball.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: July 30, 2023 22:00

What's Mick supposed to say? "No, we have no plans to tour"?

Date: July 30, 2023 22:05

cyclist
What's Mick supposed to say? "No, we have no plans to tour"?

Hope he doesn't say that.

Date: July 30, 2023 22:17

etched in stone, just not confirmed yet. imma book some hotel rooms, that way they have no choice but to go ahead, right? right?

Date: July 30, 2023 22:37

Nikkei, sorry, but what part of this do you not understand?

There was a tour planned for this summer, all ready to go, venues booked - but they had to scrap it at the last minute before it was supposed to be announced in February.

See the links to BV's posts I posted yesterday. Or the quotes in Hairball's post.

Now, I don't know how many people booked travel based on rumored dates, but booking cancellable hotel rooms with no prepayment is something that some people certainly did, including me. I did book a hotel in Edmonton. (In Seattle and Vancouver I wouldn't have had to.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-30 22:41 by Topi.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 30, 2023 23:01

This thread has got 3,600 posts, and counting. To see a summary, please see the very first post of this thread, I have added a summary, updated several times:

Stones tour plans 2023-2024 (Page 1)

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-30 23:02 by bv.

Date: July 31, 2023 00:17

Topi
Nikkei, sorry, but what part of this do you not understand?

There was a tour planned for this summer, all ready to go, venues booked - but they had to scrap it at the last minute before it was supposed to be announced in February.

See the links to BV's posts I posted yesterday. Or the quotes in Hairball's post.

Now, I don't know how many people booked travel based on rumored dates, but booking cancellable hotel rooms with no prepayment is something that some people certainly did, including me. I did book a hotel in Edmonton. (In Seattle and Vancouver I wouldn't have had to.)

I'm not outright disputing that, I know that lots of rumored info turned out reliable. My quabble has become how these infos are being mixed up with guesswork and flimsy medical assessments which are then presented as "etched in stone". the overstretched vocabulary is what gives away the wishful thinking that's involved. We've had lots of opportunities to fine-tune to that and nothing good has come of it. The new album might be full of guests and also Ringo

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 31, 2023 00:28

I really don't mind a little wishful thinking, if it doesn't become too outlandish.
I reserved a room and then cancelled it, based upon experience with hotels filling up quickly.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 31, 2023 02:31

bv
This thread has got 3,600 posts, and counting. To see a summary, please see the very first post of this thread, I have added a summary, updated several times:

Stones tour plans 2023-2024 (Page 1)

Nice summary Bjornulf, and great to see it all in one place. thumbs up
Looks similar to the first post of the new album thread with the numerous edits/updates.

Hopefully those with various issues and/or who missed out will start from the beginning on page one, read up on all the 121 pages of info. (facts, rumours, etc), and then they'll be all caught up to date!
And here's to hoping for more rumours, hints, and insider info. for a 2024 tour, not to mention some more snippets from the new album!

"3,600 posts, and counting..."

smiling smiley

Date: July 31, 2023 07:10

Can we get a summary for the new album thread as well?

Asking for a friend.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 31, 2023 21:57

petewasbristol

At the end of Satisfaction from STILL LIFE Mick declares, "We'll see you next year".

As much as what Ronnie says doesn't come true, and how Keith seems to weave in and out of truth, Mick flat out lied!!!

He's been on top of it ever since, though.

If it's true it's not a surprise, really, but I find it impossible to take seriously since there's been no official statement.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123Next
Current Page: 121 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home