Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 123
Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 6, 2022 12:51

This thread is a collection of posted rumours and facts related to The Rolling Stones tour plans for the coming years of 2023 - 2024.

For key information please see the IORR News, including these updates:

Aug 6, 2022: Stones tour plans 2023
Following the highly successful Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour in Europe, there are now talks about more Stones shows next year.

Oct 24, 2022: The Rolling Stones Tour 2023
The Rolling Stones are expected to continue their highly successful touring next year, to support their new studio album, currently being in the mixing stage. The latest rumour is another tour in North America, starting in the spring.

Feb 10, 2023: The Rolling Stones North America tour to start in June
The Rolling Stones will be touring North America this summer, with an expected tour start early June. An announcement of the tour is expected later this month.

Feb 15, 2023: The Rolling Stones tour announcement cancelled
The Rolling Stones tour announcement, expected on Friday, has been cancelled. The tour is planned for twelve shows in USA and two shows in Canada this summer. There might be a rescheduling for the fall.

Apr 16, 2023: No Stones tour this year
The Rolling Stones have been unable to reschedule their North America Tour 2023 into this fall, so there will be no Stones tour this year, according to trusted sources.

IORR Editor comments:

There are dreams, there are rumours, and there are facts. When a tour finish, like the SIXTY European Tour 2022 finished in Berlin on Aug 3, they always have plans. Was Berlin the last show ever? Will they tour Australia next? And/or Japan? How about Buenos Aires? Or New York?

They might not tour next month, or later this year, but there are talks about shows in 2023, or may be not until 2024, as we are told by spring time 2023. Feel free to post here related to what is coming up regarding Stones touring during 2023-2024.

These threads have been merged in here:

- Sixty tour in USA during Fall? What's next? (posts from Jun 23 to Aug 5, 2022)
- So What's Next? 2023 rumours (posts Aug 1 to Aug 6, 2022)
- Aussie Tour 2023 (posts from Aug 1 to Aug 2, 2022)
- Title of thread changed into "" as of May 14, 2023

These are the past tours from 2012 and on:

USA : 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2021
Europe : 2012, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2022
Asia : 2014
Australia/NZ : 2014
South America : 2016

Bjornulf

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-17 07:58 by bv.

Sixty tour in USA during Fall? What's next?
Posted by: rstoned ()
Date: June 23, 2022 23:37

Does anybody have any information if the Stones plan to do some dates of the Sixty tour in New York or USA, same as they did for the 50y anniversary?

IORR Editor comment:
Any posts and threads related to upcoming tours - wishes - dreams - real stuff - will go here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-16 19:21 by bv.

Re: Sixty tour in USA during Fall??
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 24, 2022 00:55

I think I heard somewhere that they don’t officially plan their next tour before the current one is over. I could be wrong. I’m the furthest thing from an insider, unfortunately.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 24, 2022 03:38

If uS gets a tour it will not be this fall but next summer according to rumours after winter in South America. Hang tight. Let the boys finish this one.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 24, 2022 08:57

Rumours abound but NO facts. Any rumours could also be called alternative facts and we know how useful those are.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 24, 2022 09:21

One leg/country per year. This isn't 2002 anymore.

One major jaunt and they're done till next year. These days touring is like a family vacation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-24 09:22 by Justin.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 24, 2022 10:49

they were touring the USA last year…

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: June 24, 2022 15:03

babyblue
If uS gets a tour it will not be this fall but next summer according to rumours after winter in South America. Hang tight. Let the boys finish this one.

Next Summer is Europe again

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 24, 2022 17:54

AntoineParis
babyblue

Sales are stronger in Europe but who knows if that would be the case for another 14 shows. I am sure more shows Holland / Scandanavia / Germany / Spain and maybe a seated London show would sell very well.

McCartney is an exception (and Santana / EWF is hot in many markets) but for the most part geezers aren't really coming back to concerts. There is a big chance the Stones could return again to 75% full stadiums across the board or worse.

Absolutely the new San Diego stadium would come knocking should they decide to host concerts.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: June 24, 2022 18:26

Dan
Sales are stronger in Europe but who knows if that would be the case for another 14 shows.
I didn't knew that and had expected, that the Stones will make more money with concert tours in the US.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: June 24, 2022 18:36

stadium dates would be around the NFL game schedule
looks like could do Chicago/NJ/Vegas/La in mid/late October
for example:
chicago free october 14-nov 5th
nj stadium free saturday october 22nd
only possible saturday night in vegas is october 29, november 5 or november 19
sofi stadium saturday november 5

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 24, 2022 19:03

80 year old men in 30 or 40 degree weather is not a good idea.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 19:13

AntoineParis
babyblue

Any input on the SA bit, Antoine?

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 24, 2022 19:54

I don't think so. They don't play more than 14-15 shows a year anymore. Plus after 2019 & 2021 stadium tours I think they saturated this market for a while. I think next year they will focus on Asia, South America or Australia where they haven't played since 2014-16.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 24, 2022 20:06

bertrichards
Dan
Sales are stronger in Europe but who knows if that would be the case for another 14 shows.
I didn't knew that and had expected, that the Stones will make more money with concert tours in the US.

They might still make more money. My Stockholm ticket (which I should really get moving on moving) was about half what a comparable American ticket would be.

San Diego
a good 5 Canada stadiums
NYC x 2

and a smattering of cross promotion with new stadiums and virgin markets could still work

Could be they only fully intended to do 60 bjust ecause they (Mick n Keith) pretty much made it to the milestone, and just pack it in and Mick can move on to lucrative and career affirming projects (the movie? ugh) from here on out.

And Jimmy Buffett is playing Snapdragon Stadium!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-24 20:06 by Dan.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: June 24, 2022 20:50

Dan, A-dam ?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 25, 2022 03:53

Dan
bertrichards
Dan

They might still make more money. My Stockholm ticket (which I should really get moving on moving) was about half what a comparable American ticket would be.

San Diego
a good 5 Canada stadiums
NYC x 2

and a smattering of cross promotion with new stadiums and virgin markets could still work

Could be they only fully intended to do 60 bjust ecause they (Mick n Keith) pretty much made it to the milestone, and just pack it in and Mick can move on to lucrative and career affirming projects (the movie? ugh) from here on out.

And Jimmy Buffett is playing Snapdragon Stadium!

Buffett will be the inaugural show for Snapdragon Stadium (not named after the flower).

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 25, 2022 08:53

artedm
stadium dates would be around the NFL game schedule
looks like could do Chicago/NJ/Vegas/La in mid/late October
for example:
chicago free october 14-nov 5th
nj stadium free saturday october 22nd
only possible saturday night in vegas is october 29, november 5 or november 19
sofi stadium saturday november 5

It’s too cold then why not wait and rest til next summer. It won’t be this fall they need a long break.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 25, 2022 11:08

Next will be South America in Feb./March next year and maybe Asia/Australia/NZ in the fall

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 25, 2022 15:29

daspyknows
Rumours abound but NO facts. Any rumours could also be called alternative facts and we know how useful those are.

haha Daspy

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 25, 2022 15:59

Justin

be that Celsius OR Fahrenheit!

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 25, 2022 16:19

Global warming hasn't changed Chicago enough to gamble on another October show.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 25, 2022 16:44

babyblue

It’s too cold then why not wait and rest til next summer. It won’t be this fall they need a long break.

Fall US is almost impossible. The announcement would have to be before the Berlin show and this kind of overlap has never happened in this past decade. Licks and Bigger Bang had multi-market announcements but since 2012 they stopped doing that for insurance and maybe logistics purposes

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 25, 2022 18:04

They certainly planned to announce Europe 2014 while being on tour in Australia, instead it got announced while they were on a forced break because the shows had to be postponed.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 25, 2022 20:46

Justin

So it's time to announce North Canada / Alaska tour. A bit cooler there.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: June 25, 2022 22:30

4days in Florida 4 in California

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: June 25, 2022 22:44

babyblue

Too cold where?!? October is lovely just about everywhere in America, except for maybe the upper Midwest. I’d far prefer a cool weather show than the inferno of European summer they’re going through now.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 00:34

BFR
babyblue

Too cold where?!? October is lovely just about everywhere in America, except for maybe the upper Midwest. I’d far prefer a cool weather show than the inferno of European summer they’re going through now.

Lots of covered stadiums in North America too!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 00:38

treaclefingers
Justin

be that Celsius OR Fahrenheit!

Yes, either freezing or cooking! Hey Treacle, it was this time last year we hit the huge heat dome. Sunny and warm now but not nearly as bad as last year. June 29 is when Lytton BC hit 49 celsius, hottest recorded temperature ever in Canada, hotter than Vegas ever recorded. Next day the whole town burned down.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 26, 2022 00:45

My god. Hasn't the North American market been milked enough? Are there enough suckers left to pay thousands of dollars because they haven't heard 'Out of Time' live yet?

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home