Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123Next
Current Page: 122 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023-2024
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 1, 2023 06:07

NashvilleBlues
keefmick
I am usually very much a Stones optimist, but the lack of rumors/leaks since February has me a bit concerned about future tours. It has been way too quiet, rumor wise.

Way too early to talk about a 2024 summer tour, I’d guess.

I agree if Stones tour North America next summer after Brazil in Fe/March I don’t expect any rumours say next Jan/Feb. I’m hopeful they will reschedule this year’s dates for next summer.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: August 1, 2023 10:58

From 40x5 Tributo Bar:
First the new album comes out, then we celebrate Keith's 80s and we all go on tour in 2024.
You're going to see the Rolling Stones live again.
[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 1, 2023 11:29

To be fair, the 40 x 5 guys aren't really saying anything we didn't know (or anything that wasn't rumored) already.

Date: August 1, 2023 11:31

Time waits for no one..

So if they will tour I can imagine they will want to use the first possible window (possible regarding to; recovery injury, crew, stadiums etc).

Before the 2023 North America tour that never happend there was talk and where rumours about a different touring concept, where they would play some big cities all over the world. Wonder if they this gets back on the table again.

If you see all the health issues of the last years (I think every year had serious issues) it's a real miracle we saw them so much in the last 4 years. And the tour mid COVID was just crazy it could happen. I am very gratefull for that.

Where a few years ago they shifted to anouncing tours 3 months before (which with rehearsals and stuff would be the minimum I guess), 3 months now seem like a very very long time, with big risks involved.

I hope to see them again. And I am sure they are always planning things. But I don't get my hope up too much. And if this was it, Berlin 2022, almost one year ago, will remain my favorite Stones show ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-01 11:33 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: August 1, 2023 12:47

PaintMonkey - may be the best post so far.
Very true.
Very sensitively written.
And very what is on many minds but not was spoken out.
Not in this way.
Let me add one thing:
Mick in these days still does not look old in the sense of being 80.
But he does look like a man who had given everything he could possibly give.
I will try to learn to accept that.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 1, 2023 12:53

A lot depends I suspect on whether they think that running about on a huge stage is a requirement for putting on a Stones show.

Modern screens and technology will today allow a very intimate show to be performed in large arenas...but are they willing to rethink the whole style of performance for something less physically taxing ?

Keith always said that mick could "work a postage stamp" as well as a huge stadium. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-01 13:08 by Spud.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 1, 2023 21:07

thanks to neddieflanders over in the cricket thread we now have the comments about touring but it wasn't from mick but someone who had dined with mick the night before

we

"but there going on tour next year again"

hard to tell if he's quoting mick here or not

or just re-stating the rumor (hopeful thinking) that's already out there

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 2, 2023 17:33

Topi
To be fair, the 40 x 5 guys aren't really saying anything we didn't know (or anything that wasn't rumored) already.

Actually they only are saying that they are praying and inviting people to go there and get a beer...They are not talking about rumours from a friend who's friend with a friend's cousin's neighbour aunty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-02 17:37 by leteyer.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: August 3, 2023 01:01

[m.independent.ie]

"Both The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney are on tour next year but have commitments outside Europe."

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: August 3, 2023 02:31

GasLightStreet
petewasbristol
Apparently, Mick confirmed yesterday to BBC (at the cricket test match) that the Stones will be touring in 2024.

Edit: info taken from another forum, be grateful if anyone can ratify or confirm!

At the end of Satisfaction from STILL LIFE Mick declares, "We'll see you next year".

As much as what Ronnie says doesn't come true, and how Keith seems to weave in and out of truth, Mick flat out lied!!!

He's been on top of it ever since, though.

If it's true it's not a surprise, really, but I find it impossible to take seriously since there's been no official statement.

Seeing as Satisfaction from Still Life was recorded in fall of 1981 in the US, they continued to play dates in Europe in 1982, so saying "see YOU (as in: Stones fans, live) next year" wasn't a lie at all.

He could've just said: "See you next time.", like most other artists do.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 3, 2023 03:22

RnT
[m.independent.ie]

"Both The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney are on tour next year but have commitments outside Europe."

That’s a big hint! Ty!

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: August 3, 2023 03:50

Swift changed the game and Mick needs to raise the bar one more time, would be cool if they bonused the your staff $50m like she did.

They’re trendsetters who will deliver something special again, good health willing.

Should be exciting!

CHELSKEITH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-03 08:46 by MizzAmandaJonez.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 3, 2023 04:01

Fingers crossed...keep on rolling......thumbs up

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: August 3, 2023 09:36

I was trying to remember if there was a list of rumoured dates for the 2023 US tour? Anyone have a list?

Date: August 3, 2023 10:53

glimmertwinz
I was trying to remember if there was a list of rumoured dates for the 2023 US tour? Anyone have a list?

Jun 18 Edmonton Alberta Canada, Edmonton Commonwealth stadium (48,000)
Jun 30 Chicago IL USA, Soldier Field (50,000)
Jul 08 Foxboro (near Boston) MA USA, Gillette Stadium (50,000)
Jul 20 Cleveland OH USA Cleveland FirstEnergy Stadium (50,000)

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 3, 2023 11:19

The tour was to start in Glendale on June 6th and end in Philadelphia August 1st.

Houston, San Francisco, Denver and Vancouver were also on the list. That has also been posted here. [iorr.org]

BV also mentioned the cities of Seattle and Ridgedale by name: [iorr.org]

The complete schedule of the planned 14 shows was not posted here in its entirety.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-03 11:28 by Topi.

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: August 3, 2023 18:52

Thank you

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: August 3, 2023 22:06

Would have been a great tour. Hopefully they map out similar dates to kick off promotion of the new album

Date: August 3, 2023 22:36

New email from official Rollingstones.com that could be hinting at things to come with subject line "Get Festival Ready with The Stones"!
But upon opening and reading email, I realized it's just clickbait to purchase t-shirts and other merch from the store - I was fooled again by the Rolling Stones!!!
Then again, maybe a couple of massive festivals in 2024 somewhere is a possibility? Gotta keep the hope alive the Stones will play again somewhere...anywhere...in 2024...maybe 2025...or 2026...2027...2028...

Date: August 3, 2023 22:42

Maybe it was just spam coming from some joker?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 4, 2023 07:59

BeastyBurdeny
Would have been a great tour. Hopefully they map out similar dates to kick off promotion of the new album

Hopefully.....

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 6, 2023 01:26

Sorry if this was answered already but I think that we need to find out what might be wrong with Mick's leg/ankle. Does he have an ortheopedic issue? If he does, that may remove any chances of a 2024 tour.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 6, 2023 01:51

mickschix
Sorry if this was answered already but I think that we need to find out what might be wrong with Mick's leg/ankle. Does he have an ortheopedic issue? If he does, that may remove any chances of a 2024 tour.

He’s fine. He was fine at his Birthday party.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 6, 2023 21:08

More Hot Rocks
mickschix

He’s fine. He was fine at his Birthday party.

were you there or did you hear that from someone who was?

just curious

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 6, 2023 21:30

Date: August 6, 2023 22:06

mickschix

With no official word yet we can only hope that everything is alright with Mick, and they'll tour in 2024. But based on several recent videos and pics, it appears he does have some sort of an injury to his leg/knee/ankle.
Whatever the case, hoping for the best for Mick and the entire band as always, and health permitting, they still have plenty of years of touring left in them. As Keith said a few years ago: "How can you stop"?

May they keep on rolling for many more years to come...thumbs up

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: August 7, 2023 00:15

Hairball
mickschix

With no official word yet we can only hope that everything is alright with Mick, and they'll tour in 2024. But based on several recent videos and pics, it appears he does have some sort of an injury to his leg/knee/ankle.
Whatever the case, hoping for the best for Mick and the entire band as always, and health permitting, they still have plenty of years of touring left in them. As Keith said a few years ago: "How can you stop"?

I certainly support your heartfelt hopes that all is well with Mick and the band. But, 'plenty of years of touring...' Kind of unrealistic don't you think? Maybe, and it's a big maybe, one final tour, or mini-tour. That would really be the maximum we could expect at this stage...

Date: August 7, 2023 02:54

GerardHennessy
Hairball
mickschix

I certainly support your heartfelt hopes that all is well with Mick and the band. But, 'plenty of years of touring...' Kind of unrealistic don't you think? Maybe, and it's a big maybe, one final tour, or mini-tour. That would really be the maximum we could expect at this stage...

Yes perhaps unrealistic (depending on your definition), but also hopeful. Very hopeful! Mini-tours are the key, and have been for quite a while now. There's also residencies to consider, and even mini-residencies.
Not expecting anything given their ages, not to mention Mick's injured leg/knee/ankle, but can always be hopeful - even against the odds. And Father Time. They've certainly given us a lot throughout these years,
and from here on out only time will tell how much they have left to offer us fans and the rest of the world. But rest assured, I'll be along for the journey as they ride off in to the sunset somewhere beyond the horizon...

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: August 7, 2023 03:27

Hairball
GerardHennessy
Hairball
mickschix

Yes perhaps unrealistic (depending on your definition), but also hopeful. Very hopeful! Mini-tours are the key, and have been for quite a while now. There's also residencies to consider, and even mini-residencies.
Not expecting anything given their ages, not to mention Mick's injured leg/knee/ankle, but can always be hopeful - even against the odds. And Father Time. They've certainly given us a lot throughout these years,
and from here on out only time will tell how much they have left to offer us fans and the rest of the world. But rest assured, I'll be along for the journey as they ride off in to the sunset somewhere beyond the horizon...

Good on ya my friend! Cannot say better, fairer or more realistic than that. Enjoy the ride...

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 8, 2023 04:59

The most rumoured tour of all time this thread should be in the Guinness Book Of Records

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123Next
Current Page: 122 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2186
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home