Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Date: February 28, 2023 19:20

I think it would be less than 2 miles. There are breaks between songs, playing guitar, band introductions, song vote, Keith's set, and B stage set.

But I sure give Mick a lot of credit for the shape he is in at his age.

Green Lady
MonicaDe
micha063
I just watched this video again.
I was there and it was such a f*ng great concert. Full of joy, happines, power, swing and Rock'n Roll.

[youtu.be]

Absolutely great! Such an energy!
Anyone knows how many km Mick does on the stage during each show? winking smiley
I have heard 12 miles (about 19 km) quoted - no idea how accurate that may be and it's probably less in recent years.

well, the world record for marathon (42.195) is a little more than two hours – and Jagger's go more things to do during the 2 hours he's on stage than just run[/quote]

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: February 28, 2023 20:57

This has always been amazing ; starts @ 1:35 in... he was 72 then.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 28, 2023 21:20

georgemcdonnell314

I think it would be less than 2 miles. There are breaks between songs, playing guitar, band introductions, song vote, Keith's set, and B stage set.

You could do the math: the NoFilter stage was 70 meters (230 feet) wide and the catwalk 28 meters (92 feet) long - [www.LiveDesignOnline.com] , [KJZZ.org].
Plus the assumption that Mick walks/runs maybe 4 mph (6.4 Km/h), using the entire length of 126m (413 ft) for a maximum of two thirds of the show time (1.5 hours).

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 28, 2023 21:24

Bosmatic1
Vancouver Island.

Well, depending on the west coast cities on the tour, probably easier to travel down to the states than fly/drive to Edmonton!

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 28, 2023 21:30

tommyturbo76

[www.youtube.com]

Well, it sure is great to see Jagger is still in good shape, but it's far from amazing or exceptional. In my (hobby) race cycle club there are 3 guys from 78 - 81 who easily bike 200km a week (and I mean almost every week of the year). A far better performance than a few sprints from 50 metres during 14 concerts a year.

Still, in the world of older rock musicians, it's proof of good shape and pretty amusing to watch.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 28, 2023 21:52

Bosmatic1
Vancouver Island.

Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre seats 7,000. That would be a pricey ticket. Not sure if there’s a larger venue on the Island, or a fan base there big enough to fill it if there were. Be kinda fun to take Keith zip lining in Sooke though.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: March 1, 2023 00:14

Bosmatic1
Vancouver Island.

Lucky you! I think the island is the most beautiful place I've ever been.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: March 1, 2023 00:27

BFR
Bosmatic1
Vancouver Island.

I have to agree with you!

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: March 1, 2023 01:30

They could play Laketown and it would sell out easily, wouldn’t that be an epic event for the ages? Vancouver or Edmonton will do-road trips are fun.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 1, 2023 01:46

jackflash27
tommyturbo76

[www.youtube.com]

Well, it sure is great to see Jagger is still in good shape, but it's far from amazing or exceptional. In my (hobby) race cycle club there are 3 guys from 78 - 81 who easily bike 200km a week (and I mean almost every week of the year). A far better performance than a few sprints from 50 metres during 14 concerts a year.

Still, in the world of older rock musicians, it's proof of good shape and pretty amusing to watch.

well considering how many folks who are around mick's age here on iorr comment on how good of shape he's in compared to them

i don't think it's much of a stretch to say he's in better then average shape for some his age

but to your point not in extraordinary unbelievable shape

he may not come in first place in any marathons

but i'm sure he could still complete one and not come in last either

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 1, 2023 02:18

drwatts
BFR
Bosmatic1
Vancouver Island.

I have to agree with you!

You ought to see Augusta National Golf Club in April - Heaven on a Sunday (apologies to new Stones bassist Paul McCartmey)

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 1, 2023 11:21

Then there's the 17 Mile Drive on the Monterey peninsula.

plexi

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 1, 2023 13:24

jackflash27
tommyturbo76

[www.youtube.com]

Hmmm.. You sound like Jagger does nothing else than what he does on stage? I think Jagger does a lot of physical training daily - in order to keep fit and put that performance on stage - that altogether I guess easily compares to the kilometers your friends do with their bikes.

For his age, I think he is pretty exceptional physically. And what he does - a whole Jagger show, not just the couple of kilometers along it he does - is pretty amazing me thinks.

I mean, do your friends sing and dance and play guitar and harmonica and interact with the band and audience and damn, look good and filmographic while they cicle as well? grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-01 13:40 by Doxa.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: March 1, 2023 13:27

ProfessorWolf
jackflash27
tommyturbo76

[www.youtube.com]

well considering how many folks who are around mick's age here on iorr comment on how good of shape he's in compared to them

i don't think it's much of a stretch to say he's in better then average shape for some his age

Definitely! I agree, he is in a much better shape than many of his age.
Regular trainings pays off!
It's fascinating watching him running, dancing and singing at the same time, most of the time without loosing breath.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 1, 2023 14:04

ProfessorWolf
jackflash27
tommyturbo76

[www.youtube.com]

Well, I don't think the marathon analogy applies here very well. To keep his body fit and suitable for what he does asks something else than see how running against a watch does. It's part of it, but not totally reduced into it. The physical condition comes in many forms. So I guess you could ask, say, how ballerinas manage when they are reaching 80 years or so. How is their body control, its flexibility, etc. Mick seemingly takes care of his body, probably mind too, in pretty 'holistic' way - there are lots of things to take care of.

Hehe, I never thought I would be engaged in discussions like this...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-01 14:07 by Doxa.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: March 1, 2023 17:46

dkwalika
hymenlips
My guy said it is still postponed but that they were trying to find a time but the Bears have so many restrictions with use of Soldier Field he wasn't sure it would happen. He said the Stones were postponed, some music festival was canceled, and a Drake concert( never announced)was canceled. The Bears have restrictions about how many days between one of their games and another event. I asked if they would move it to Wrigley and he said he didn't know. I have 4 Springsteen for sale on the 11th

Yes, the 11th is our first choice. Where are the seats and what is the cost? My wife, son, and his girlfriend are interested. He's in Andersonville and we went to Dead and Co. and walked home last year and really dug it. Going again this year.

Thanks.

Still wondering about your Springsteen tix.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 1, 2023 18:53

Doxa
ProfessorWolf
jackflash27
tommyturbo76

[www.youtube.com]

Well, I don't think the marathon analogy applies here very well. To keep his body fit and suitable for what he does asks something else than see how running against a watch does. It's part of it, but not totally reduced into it. The physical condition comes in many forms. So I guess you could ask, say, how ballerinas manage when they are reaching 80 years or so. How is their body control, its flexibility, etc. Mick seemingly takes care of his body, probably mind too, in pretty 'holistic' way - there are lots of things to take care of.

- Doxa

Doxa, could it be that living with a ballerina, though one much younger and now retired, has given Mick a few more tricks in his fitness repertoire? cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-01 18:54 by angee.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 1, 2023 19:04

ProfessorWolf
jackflash27
tommyturbo76

[www.youtube.com]

I'm in about the same shape as Mick, unfortunately it's Mick Taylor. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Mick JAGGER is in way better shape than I am and he's 20 years older. smileys with beer

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 1, 2023 21:16

- Doxa

well, I would venture to guess out of sheer boredom with nothing really to talk about regarding the tour.

plexi

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: March 2, 2023 00:44

ProfessorWolf
jackflash27
tommyturbo76

[www.youtube.com]

I'm sure that when Mick was my age (almost 58) in 2001 he would not have been able to keep up with me on the rowing machine or swimming, and considering I've led a lifestyle more akin to Keith I'm not doing bad.
It's all about what you do and what you are used to, i doubt very much i can move like Jagger on a stage, this is what Mick has always done, but i see people in the gym in their 70s pulling weights you can't believe, each to their own.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 3, 2023 17:16

SomeTorontoGirl
Bosmatic1
Vancouver Island.

Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre seats 7,000. That would be a pricey ticket. Not sure if there’s a larger venue on the Island, or a fan base there big enough to fill it if there were. Be kinda fun to take Keith zip lining in Sooke though.

Save-On....would be a big big draw.But personally I don’t think it will happen.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 3, 2023 17:30

kovach
ProfessorWolf
jackflash27
tommyturbo76

[www.youtube.com]

I'm in about the same shape as Mick, unfortunately it's Mick Taylor. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Mick JAGGER is in way better shape than I am and he's 20 years older. smileys with beer

The key thing is his voice of course; and I do not think his voice is in particularly good shape. Good enough maybe, but not more than that.
Shape and age are two different factors also. Good shape can't always master natural ageing.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 3, 2023 21:57

Omigosh. YMMV. I think his voice is in very good shape, and as for his physical condition, fantastic. IMO.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 4, 2023 01:16

angee
Omigosh. YMMV. I think his voice is in very good shape, and as for his physical condition, fantastic. IMO.

Ditto

Posted by: jshidoob ()
Date: March 4, 2023 05:11

Today would've been the announcement for the Philadelphia "test" show on August 1st (per the official Facebook post last month)

Has anyone been hearing any late summer/fall tour rumblings?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 4, 2023 08:23

jshidoob
Today would've been the announcement for the Philadelphia "test" show on August 1st (per the official Facebook post last month)

Has anyone been hearing any late summer/fall tour rumblings?

Minor correction: March 3rd would have been the ticket on-sale date. (March 1st would have been the presale date. [iorr.org])

(And you know what? I still think they were supposed to announce the tour on Tuesday, February 21st - the day the "Philadelphia Leak" happened - instead of Friday the 17th. Typically they never announce their tours on Fridays because of the news cycle. You don't usually put out important press releases on a Friday, maybe bad news at most)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-04 08:39 by Topi.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 4, 2023 10:03

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
jackflash27
tommyturbo76

[www.youtube.com]

I'm sure that when Mick was my age (almost 58) in 2001 he would not have been able to keep up with me on the rowing machine or swimming, and considering I've led a lifestyle more akin to Keith I'm not doing bad.
It's all about what you do and what you are used to, i doubt very much i can move like Jagger on a stage, this is what Mick has always done, but i see people in the gym in their 70s pulling weights you can't believe, each to their own.

your onto something there i think

and my analogy of a marathon is a poor one (as doxa pointed out) mick's not a professional athlete or weight lifter he's a professional performer

and amongst professional performers his age he is basically unrivaled in the physicality of his performance

by which i guess i mean to say amongst his peers he's in great shape

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 4, 2023 11:45

Topi

Minor correction: March 3rd would have been the ticket on-sale date. (March 1st would have been the presale date. [iorr.org])

(And you know what? I still think they were supposed to announce the tour on Tuesday, February 21st - the day the "Philadelphia Leak" happened - instead of Friday the 17th. Typically they never announce their tours on Fridays because of the news cycle. You don't usually put out important press releases on a Friday, maybe bad news at most)

Yes, that could be what they had originally planned: start of the teasers on Friday, Feb. 17, then tour announcement on Tuesday, Feb. 21, presale March 1st and general ticket on-sale from March 3rd.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 4, 2023 11:57

Makes total sense.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 4, 2023 12:44

And we still don’t know what happened, damn.not a word.
as of a few days ago Keith was at his place in the Turks,chilling with the family like normal.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home