Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 20, 2023 23:33

Irix
franzk

Well, technically they supported "Blue & Lonesome" in Europe in 2017 and 2018.

They played 'Ride 'em On Down' and 'Just Your Fool' during their US Mini Tour 2016 - [iorr.org] .

I would hardly call it a tour.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 21, 2023 02:24

kv2915
Glendale has a roof. 72 inside all year long.

I think babyblue meant outside. I remember hearing how steaming hot, nearly unbearably so, it was for people standing outside in line for long periods.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 21, 2023 02:46

angee
kv2915
Glendale has a roof. 72 inside all year long.

I think babyblue meant outside. I remember hearing how steaming hot, nearly unbearably so, it was for people standing outside in line for long periods.

Yes you are correct, I didn’t know aGlendale had roof.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: February 21, 2023 03:20

I think the last time they played Glendale it was 113. Pretty warm but that is August for ya.

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: February 21, 2023 03:26

It was about 115 that day in Glendale; I was there. They had the roof open for the concert.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 21, 2023 03:43

timbernardis
GerardHennessy
timbernardis
GerardHennessy
rolling1us
We have all read the messages from BV.

In my view it is totally pointless, all this speculations and predictions.
We don't know what is going on and that may be the case for a little while.

I don't want to offend anyone but is there really one person here who thinks all this speculation has any value for anyone ?

We are all grown men and women on this forum (excuses to anyone younger than middle aged) and should know better.

So please, let's stop this chitter chatter and wait for news.

With you 100% in what you say. It might be this, it might be that! It might be something completely different! Fact is no one has any idea really. And as for me, I'm gonna wait until there is actual hard news. Facts instead of speculation. And that includes confirmation there will ACTUALLY BE a tour. I know there is an INTENTION to tour, and a desire on the part of the band to get out there. But given their ages, given the inevitable health issues that visit those of us - like Mick and Keith - in our late 70's, plus the myriad demands on their time and energy, I take nothing for granted on behalf of The Stones any more.

Last time I ventured this opinion I aroused the ire and scathing contempt of a number of contributors to this forum. I mean no disrespect to anyone. Least of all the band themselves. But the fact remains it is an uncertain and volatile world now. And for The Stones as much as everyone else.

Let us all wait and see.

No ire or scathing indictment needed. What you say is reasonable.

plexi

Thank you my friend. We are ALL Stones fans here, just working through all the changes, each in our own unique way...

If they DO tour and you get to see them, enjoy every second!

Indeed. I will be seeing them, hopefully multiple times. When they tour, won't you be coming? What country are you from?

plexi

UK. In fact I live in Dartford, Kent less than a mile away from where both Mick and Keith grew up. So they will need to tour the UK if I am to see them this time.

Hope you do get to see them as often as you wish...

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: February 21, 2023 04:45

StonesSoCal
It was about 115 that day in Glendale; I was there. They had the roof open for the concert.

Yes, the afternoon heat made for an interesting 1+ mile walk from our hotel to the stadium. We paused halfway at an air conditioned furniture store to cool down, splash on water, and hydrate. The post-concert walk back was rather nice.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: February 21, 2023 06:28

I was in the PIT for that Glendale show and it was cool inside. The roof opening is very small—almost like a sunroof. It isn’t fully retractable at all. I thought they only opened it for the fireworks. It was very comfortable in there as I recall.

I was at an NFL game there in Dec and they didn’t have the roof open at all.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 21, 2023 06:38

I was also there in the Pit, and it was fine - if memory serves they didn't open the roof until after sun went down.

*edit: I just read Bjornulfs review of the show, and my memory has served me well!

"They opened the roof around 9pm, shortly before the Stones took the stage". - bv

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-21 07:27 by Hairball.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: February 21, 2023 06:57

It’s an injury boys. The healing time is uncertain due to age. But they are working on rescheduling. Unfortunate timing. The band has worked very, very hard to get the album done. They will do everything they can to get this back on track.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 21, 2023 07:32

mpj200
It’s an injury boys. The healing time is uncertain due to age. But they are working on rescheduling. Unfortunate timing. The band has worked very, very hard to get the album done. They will do everything they can to get this back on track.

How did you come by this information? And how reliable is it?

plexi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 21, 2023 07:37

Hmmm...sad news...at their age injuries can be very stubborn when it comes to healing...depending on what type, and the severity.
Without speculating as to who, what, where, when, and why, hope whoever it is heals well...first things first....health is wealth, and the thought of touring should be secondary at this point.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 21, 2023 08:02

At least it's not cancer or a heart condition. And they feel confident enough to reschedule for a few months later. Assuming the information is reliable and correct.

plexi

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: February 21, 2023 09:09

What is the source that one of the group got injured?

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: February 21, 2023 09:16

Well the tour been rescheduled to fall. But I feel that they may not tour again, whatsoever be the reason. Because if they tour on September, Mick will be 80 years. Keith well almost 80 and Ronnie 77. Do you feel Mick Jagger will sprint around at 80. Well maybe not.
I feel they will release their last album and may not tour behind it. Considering the age factor

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 21, 2023 09:32

pftw04
Do you feel Mick Jagger will sprint around at 80. Well maybe not.

Did you feel that he would at 70, or 72, 73, 74, 75, 78 and 79??

Posted by: Angie73 ()
Date: February 21, 2023 12:04

All right. Please indicate the source. Where does the information come from? Or is this just speculation like the rest?
Then when the Stones announce something or BV writes something specific, it really becomes information.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 21, 2023 12:20

Wasn't it rude to ask for sources?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 21, 2023 12:27

syrel
pftw04

Mick hasn't really 'sprinted around' the stage since the A Bigger Bang Tour. I do, however, recollect the occasional dash in more recent years, though. Didn't he do a bit of a sprint at one of the shows last year? Anfield? I seem to recall a big build-up, followed by a pointless run!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 21, 2023 12:31

He did a sprint in Honky Tonk Women almost every show last yeart

Posted by: Davie137 ()
Date: February 21, 2023 12:31

Big Al
syrel
pftw04

Mick hasn't really 'sprinted around' the stage since the A Bigger Bang Tour. I do, however, recollect the occasional dash in more recent years, though. Didn't he do a bit of a sprint at one of the shows last year? Anfield? I seem to recall a big build-up, followed by a pointless run!

He done a pretty big run up back to the stage at Hyde Park which the crowd enjoyed

Date: February 21, 2023 12:55

Big Al
syrel
pftw04

not sure but think first show since hearth surg to show everybody he is still the man.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 21, 2023 12:58

It is offending to ask for sources. Offending. It is a sign of lack of manners.

Fans post here in good faith, being fans. Then there are always some who are offending, like saying "Why would they rehearse in Boston (2021). Why would they play at Soldier Field (this year)? Why? Why? Why?

I would say just shut up with these offending "why why why" and "who is your source" and so on. Please let people and fans talk. We are all fans. Respect.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 21, 2023 13:01

wupperstein
What is the source that one of the group got injured?

Looks to me like the source is mpj200

Date: February 21, 2023 13:13

mpj200

Thanks for the info.

Date: February 21, 2023 13:25

bv
It is offending to ask for sources. Offending. It is a sign of lack of manners.

Fans post here in good faith, being fans. Then there are always some who are offending, like saying "Why would they rehearse in Boston (2021). Why would they play at Soldier Field (this year)? Why? Why? Why?

I would say just shut up with these offending "why why why" and "who is your source" and so on. Please let people and fans talk. We are all fans. Respect.
I agree but sometimes it is not clear if someone is speculating or sharing something they heard/know. Makes a big difference.

I take this as a sign it is not guessing/speculation and an injury could be the case. Which would be the most logical thing anyway after the given info and hints.

Just bad luck, which happens. See you in the autumn.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 21, 2023 13:26

Thank you mpj200. For those who don't know, mpj is an insider and we can always trust his words, never speculation.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 21, 2023 13:43

Michael Phillip Jagger is it you?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 21, 2023 13:45

Thanks for the info, it fits with both the information that had been kindly shared by bv and the fact it was "last minute".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: cineplexed2 ()
Date: February 21, 2023 15:16

I just saw a post from the stones on Facebook saying they are playing Lincoln financial field in Philly on August 1. Maybe it was posted accidentally. Is there a way to post a screen shot?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1688
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home