Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: February 17, 2023 16:01

buffalo7478
Cleveland is an easy 3 hour drive from Buffalo. Also a short ride from Detroit and Pittsburgh. 5 hours from Toronto. Plenty of places to stay. Plenty to do around town. The only negative of the last show I saw, in Pittsburgh in 2021, was the crowd's lack of energy. The band had 'it' still.

I feel partly to blame for this, I think the crowd’s lack of energy was probably due to the fact that people were bummed about not getting their hands on a Heinz t-shirt lol.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Date: February 17, 2023 16:56

Thanks for all the information BV, gold rings to you sir.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 17, 2023 17:55

I'm kinda shocked that they'd schedule Chicago, Cleveland, AND Buffalo all on one tour. With just 14 shows, those 3 are all in relatively close proximity to one another, leaving only 11 shows for the rest of North America.....

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 17, 2023 17:59

VoodooLounge13
I'm kinda shocked that they'd schedule Chicago, Cleveland, AND Buffalo all on one tour. With just 14 shows, those 3 are all in relatively close proximity to one another, leaving only 11 shows for the rest of North America.....

Not that unusual. 2017 European tour had Amsterdam, Anheim & Dusseldorf which are close too + 3 shows in Paris. In 2022 it was Amsterdam, Brussels and Gelsenkirchen, also very close.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 17, 2023 18:39

VoodooLounge13

Cleveland and Buffalo were booked before the epidemic. When reschedualed they were ommited. Maybe they are just making up for that.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 17, 2023 19:16

It's unbelievable if The Rolling Stones are still going to perform in 2023, Summer or Fall, if The Stones would perform Europe I would be happy to get tix in any month of the year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 19:35 by runaway.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 17, 2023 19:48

For the cities listed on that tour schedule the Fall generally affords cooler, more temperate weather conditions which are better for the band, crew and crowd.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 17, 2023 19:53

Edmonton in the fall, though? winking smiley

Date: February 17, 2023 19:53

VoodooLounge13

Buffalo was not part of the planned tour.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 17, 2023 20:20

lem motlow
They scrapped an entire US summer tour three days before the announcement?
The Stones are loathe to miss a gig,let alone a tour.something is very wrong here.
Only time I can think of anything close to this was when L’Wren passed away before the Australian tour and a few years later the delay during Micks heart procedure and then of course the pandemic, three pretty big f’n deals.
Looking to the fall sounds good but let’s not fool ourselves, an entire US tour does not just disappear on a whim.

Yes, this whole sequence since Wednesday morning has been very confusing but it is what it is. The only good news is that we know it's not related to the new album so maybe they'll still announce it before a tentative fall tour, the earlier the better !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 17, 2023 20:25

Topi
VoodooLounge13

Yes, I'm aware of that, but Buffalo has been rumored to have been in the running for a show on the upcoming tour. Hence the reason why I'd stated that I was kinda shocked that a schedule would include those 3 cities, all relatively close to one another. I understand what folks are stating about cities in Europe, but those are separate COUNTRIES, so in theory it looks more spread out even if the distance is the same...say they visited 3 different countries, vs. 3 cities all within about a 10 hour drive of each other.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: February 17, 2023 20:32

Maybe, just maybe ,they'll start the tour in Philadelphia on August 1st which was the last date of this tour ,like they did with Chicago in 2019.

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: February 17, 2023 20:50

We have all read the messages from BV.

In my view it is totally pointless, all this speculations and predictions.
We don't know what is going on and that may be the case for a little while.

I don't want to offend anyone but is there really one person here who thinks all this speculation has any value for anyone ?

We are all grown men and women on this forum (excuses to anyone younger than middle aged) and should know better.

So please, let's stop this chitter chatter and wait for news.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 17, 2023 20:57

Topi

Could be cool,but why not Calgary they have the Saddledome and has roof.Springsteen is going there.

Date: February 17, 2023 20:58

Topi
VoodooLounge13

Do you know the other cities?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 20:59 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 17, 2023 21:02

babyblue
Topi

Could be cool,but why not Calgary they have the Saddledome and has roof.Springsteen is going there.

Saddledome is an arena where the Flames play hockey. Edmonton has the new Rogers Place arena where the Oilers play hockey.

Edmonton in the early fall wouldn't be too much of a problem. They played Commonwealth Stadium Oct 4-5 back in 94.

Date: February 17, 2023 21:06

Semi-OT: Have a great weekend! Keith

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 21:07 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 17, 2023 21:06

DGA35
babyblue
Topi

Saddledome is an arena where the Flames play hockey. Edmonton has the new Rogers Place arena where the Oilers play hockey.

Edmonton in the early fall wouldn't be too much of a problem. They played Commonwealth Stadium Oct 4-5 back in 94.

Agreed. My one and only experience of attending the Stones concert in Canada was at Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton, October 4, 1994. The weather was fine all day. It was cool but quite pleasant to be around. No problem — on a fine day in early October, at least. Happy memories.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 17, 2023 21:16

DiegoGlimmerStones
Semi-OT: Have a great weekend! Keith

[www.instagram.com]

And right there is your announcement...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 17, 2023 21:25

RisingStone
DGA35
babyblue
Topi

Agreed. My one and only experience of attending the Stones concert in Canada was at Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton, October 4, 1994. The weather was fine all day. It was cool but quite pleasant to be around. No problem — on a fine day in early October, at least. Happy memories.

That's good to know! Having said that, it could also easily be snowing in Edmonton at that time of year! smiling smiley

Any fall stadium tour will obviously need to be scheduled around football and possibly baseball games. As well, there are a number of other bands doing stadium tours this year. Still have fingers crossed for one final AC/DC tour.

Date: February 17, 2023 21:29

babyblue
Topi

For the umpteenth time, there's 10 million reasons (per night) the Stones want to play the biggest venues possible. Not barns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 21:30 by Topi.

Stones 2023 tour ticket prices?
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 17, 2023 21:57

Any price predictions for the upcoming tour (PIT, sections just behind PIT, cheapest nosebleed [not LD], etc.)?

2015 Nashville. Row 11 face value $375+ fees (Keith's side, first section of seats behind PIT)

2019 DC (Maryland). Row 6 face value $500+ fees (Keith's side, first section of seats behind PIT)

(2021 Nashville. LD $26.50+ fees)

2023?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 21:58 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: February 17, 2023 22:01

How much was Taylor Swift charging?

Re: Stones 2023 tour ticket prices?
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 17, 2023 22:12

NashvilleBlues
Any price predictions for the upcoming tour (PIT, sections just behind PIT, cheapest nosebleed [not LD], etc.)?

The same plus 11% or whatever accounting for inflation. Pit as usual sell only a fraction at actual face, platinum out the rest and whatever is unsold, throw in the Lucky Dip pile.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 17, 2023 22:44

Wondering if smaller indoor basketball/hockey arenas will still be part of the plans as Bjornolf originally hinted at?

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 17, 2023 23:54

With the guaranteed money the Stones get and the fact they only play 14 shows, it makes almost no sense to play arenas.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 18, 2023 00:13

In the fall they could add South American gigs:Brazil and Argentina for sure, and Mexico top...6/7 show, another month, so September/October in US and Canada:12+2 show and Mexico, Brazil and Argentina 7 show for a total of 21 show from early September to Early/mid December.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 18, 2023 02:27

What I’ve been toying with the idea of is the discarded summer tour schedule that won’t happen any more rather than speculation or expectation for the fall tour. Just having fun with fanciful thoughts on what would have been.

Okay…in addition to Vancouver and Buffalo I mentioned upthread, my wild guess about the rest of the possible locations (6 dates altogether) of the scrapped summer tour would be:

San Francisco Bay Area CA
San Diego CA(making up for the cancellation for the tour 2021)
Louisville KY(ditto)
New Orleans LA (Superdome — making up for the cancellation of the Jazz Fest 2021)
New York City or New Jersey x2

No LA date(s)? Just remember this — not only NYC/New Jersey but also the entire East Coast was not covered in 2021.
No Southern states but Kentucky and Louisiana? They were visited rather extensively in 2019 and 2021.

If I allow myself to step into the speculation zone, the tour postponement to the fall may well affect the choice of the locations, not merely changing the dates — taking the weather factor into account, the South may get more chance now.

Posted by: Pvk2 ()
Date: February 18, 2023 02:37

To hold us all over.. don’t worry, summer or fall 2023.. we have lots to be thankful for. Most important is the boys health.. and the logistics will all work out. Enjoy the share from 2019… I’ll try to get closer to stage next time. video: [youtu.be]

Date: February 18, 2023 02:41

Topi
VoodooLounge13

How do you know it wasn’t ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home