Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 17
Re: Keith's playing better this tour.
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 21, 2021 02:00

Rocktiludrop
Thanks for your tips triceratops, I'll try some of those anti-inflammatories.thumbs up
EDIT.
OptiMSM seems to be banned in the UK
I am looking in the UK for you. Put up a real or junk email address at your profile here and I will email you with info on UK OptiMSM. Already confirmed that Amazon UK has it as -- Doctors Best 8 ounces--- [tinyurl.com] --- But not at the bulk prices that are easy to find in America. Simples -- OptiMSM is superior to regular MSM. Plus you can take half as much with some sodium ascobate to enhance.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 21, 2021 02:03

triceratops
Rocktiludrop
Thanks for your tips triceratops, I'll try some of those anti-inflammatories.thumbs up
EDIT.
OptiMSM seems to be banned in the UK
I am looking in the UK for you. Put up a real or junk email address at your profile here and I will email you with info on UK OptiMSM. Already confirmed that Amazon UK has it as -- Doctors Best 8 ounces--- [tinyurl.com] --- But not at the bulk prices that are easy to find in America. Simples -- OptiMSM is superior to regular MSM. Plus you can take half as much with some sodium ascobate to enhance.

Got it, cheers for that.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 21, 2021 03:11

he definitely is playing better than in 2019 and much better then in 2017-18 please believe me i've had to watch and listen to hours and hours of audio and video from every show of the 2019 tour over the last 2 years for my various projects and he has improved in almost every way though admittedly if you haven't listened as much as i have the improvements may be to subtle for you to notice but they are there
if i had to describe the way he plays now versus then is in 17-19 his playing was sloppy, low energy, and frankly fluctuated between being lazy to labored sounding as if he was struggling to play now its still sloppy but the energy he brings to his playing makes it less obvious on top of that his playing sounds a lot less lazy and more effortless sounding
and another thing that doesn't get as much attention is just how much better he is singing then 2 years ago don't know if his voice is improving or if he is just putting more effort into his singing but listen to btmmr in 19 versus 21 in 2019 his singing was fine but he leaned a lot on the background singers for the higher note and wasn't as loud and noticeable in the chorus now he is very noticeable and is singing with much more intensity its almost akin to his singing with the winos in 88 92-93 just wonderful

Date: October 21, 2021 03:20

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 20, 2021 23:54

powerage78
The Stones and Keith in particular can count for years on a unanimously and incredibly indulgent press. I can't remember a single article in which a journalist made the slightest criticism about Keith playing...

Ullevi 2007 anyone? That c**t Markus Larsson is a proper t**t. It was great when Keith got him to piss in his pants a couple of years later. That's how to handle 'em! Ex-wives and journalists=No mercy! smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-20 23:54 by MadMax.

i remember and collected a lot of bad reviews from 2012-14 that said things like keith & charlies playing was terrible, mick sounded bad i don't know if this sort of press continued i stopped reading and collecting reviews in 2014 as i tired of hearing them described as ugly and old

Date: October 21, 2021 10:19

ProfessorWolf

powerage78
The Stones and Keith in particular can count for years on a unanimously and incredibly indulgent press. I can't remember a single article in which a journalist made the slightest criticism about Keith playing...

Ullevi 2007 anyone? That c**t Markus Larsson is a proper t**t. It was great when Keith got him to piss in his pants a couple of years later. That's how to handle 'em! Ex-wives and journalists=No mercy! smoking smiley

i remember and collected a lot of bad reviews from 2012-14 that said things like keith & charlies playing was terrible, mick sounded bad i don't know if this sort of press continued i stopped reading and collecting reviews in 2014 as i tired of hearing them described as ugly and old

Are you sure it wasn't 2013-14? Keith was sharp on the 2012-gigs.

Date: October 21, 2021 11:09

ProfessorWolf
he definitely is playing better than in 2019 and much better then in 2017-18 please believe me i've had to watch and listen to hours and hours of audio and video from every show of the 2019 tour over the last 2 years for my various projects and he has improved in almost every way though admittedly if you haven't listened as much as i have the improvements may be to subtle for you to notice but they are there
if i had to describe the way he plays now versus then is in 17-19 his playing was sloppy, low energy, and frankly fluctuated between being lazy to labored sounding as if he was struggling to play now its still sloppy but the energy he brings to his playing makes it less obvious on top of that his playing sounds a lot less lazy and more effortless sounding
and another thing that doesn't get as much attention is just how much better he is singing then 2 years ago don't know if his voice is improving or if he is just putting more effort into his singing but listen to btmmr in 19 versus 21 in 2019 his singing was fine but he leaned a lot on the background singers for the higher note and wasn't as loud and noticeable in the chorus now he is very noticeable and is singing with much more intensity its almost akin to his singing with the winos in 88 92-93 just wonderful

Ignore me if you don't want to respond, i was just curious as to the various projects that involve listening to Keith's guitar work to that extent.
I tend to do that for pleasure ProfessorWolf winking smiley

Date: October 21, 2021 13:39

Rocktiludrop
ProfessorWolf

Ignore me if you don't want to respond, i was just curious as to the various projects that involve listening to Keith's guitar work to that extent.

mostly audio matrixs and multi cam videos and not just 19 many of which i've shared here many i haven't but as an example my matrix for seattle 19 took over 40 different videos which i listened to over and over while trying to find the right sounding one and then over and over again while matrixing them together into a complete show now take that and multiply it by every show from that tour plus many shows from other recent tours and you'll get an idea of what i mean

and believe me it was all very deeply deeply pleasurablewinking smiley

and right now i'm getting to know pittsburgh 2021 very very wellgrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-21 13:41 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 21, 2021 13:49

DandelionPowderman
ProfessorWolf

powerage78

Are you sure it wasn't 2013-14? Keith was sharp on the 2012-gigs.
Yes, he was as I was at the 2 US shows ( Barclays , and Prudential Center ) which was certainly better than the Bigger Bang Tour .

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 21, 2021 14:01

too bad that he ins't able to sing and play the guitar at the same time. Otherwise songs like 'Connection' could be really great

Date: October 21, 2021 14:02

Posted by: DandelionPowderman ()
Date: October 21, 2021 10:19

ProfessorWolf

powerage78

Are you sure it wasn't 2013-14? Keith was sharp on the 2012-gigs

yeah it might have been i could have mixed up the exact years i don't exactly go back and read negative reviews for fun

keith was indeed very sharp in 2012 even more so then right now (though his playing doesn't seem to be as effortless as it is now) which i guess we can attribute to the ton of rehearsals he and the stones had to do to get into shape after so long off the stage

but it's odd how much his playing declined between 2012 and 2013-14 hope that history dosen't repeat itself between now and next summer

Date: October 21, 2021 14:05

slewan
too bad that he ins't able to sing and play the guitar at the same time. Otherwise songs like 'Connection' could be really great

He plays and sings at the same time on other songs. Seemingly, he stops playing when he needs extra focus on his singing for parts of songs. If memory serves, there is only one guitar on the studio version of Connection, so maybe he doesn't see the need of strumming through all of it.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 21, 2021 14:11

What a bunch of crap this is. Everything since 2012 can be watched, listened to and researched on iorr threads

Date: October 21, 2021 15:26

What is crap, exactly - that Keith was ciriticised in 2012, or that the criticism increased between 2013 and 2018 mainly?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 21, 2021 15:37

There's no arguments for any of it, you're just in search for a narrative

Date: October 21, 2021 15:46

No, but from memory (which isn't always as it used to be, I'd admit) Keith was praised for the 2012-shows, but increasingly criticised as the US 2013-tour went on.

Then came Hyde Park...

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: October 21, 2021 15:55

I don't know if anyone has already written it, but is it possible that with the faster times of the songs he is more comfortable?

Date: October 21, 2021 15:59

Testify
I don't know if anyone has already written it, but is it possible that with the faster times of the songs he is more comfortable?

It's strange that, because many of the songs they played too slow were started by Keith alone. He still kicks them off, only faster now.

I think the good Dutchman is right. Keith omits some stuff now, and focuses more on playing the good licks. He's also more active rhythm-wise now.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 21, 2021 16:00

In 2012 when they played their first shows, the reactions were very positive on here, it was the initial thrill of seeing them again I guess. Then in 2013 there was a bit more criticism, even though the performances were pretty much on the same level.
My initial reaction in 2012 was that Keith played better compared to some of the 2007 shows, but the tempos were slowed down and Mick's voice a bit thinner.

Date: October 21, 2021 16:33

DandelionPowderman
slewan

He plays and sings at the same time on other songs. Seemingly, he stops playing when he needs extra focus on his singing for parts of songs. If memory serves, there is only one guitar on the studio version of Connection, so maybe he doesn't see the need of strumming through all of it.

I can't remember having seen him singing and playing the guitar at the same time in recent years,

Connection sounds really great these days – at least during these 20-30 seconds when Keith really plays guitar

Date: October 21, 2021 17:01

slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan

I can't remember having seen him singing and playing the guitar at the same time in recent years,

Connection sounds really great these days – at least during these 20-30 seconds when Keith really plays guitar

20-30 seconds?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 21, 2021 17:16

Nikkei
As a doctor you're not allowed to brag about your famous patients or really any of your patients

So true. So that would NEVER happen.

Date: October 21, 2021 19:15

ProfessorWolf
Rocktiludrop
ProfessorWolf

mostly audio matrixs and multi cam videos and not just 19 many of which i've shared here many i haven't but as an example my matrix for seattle 19 took over 40 different videos which i listened to over and over while trying to find the right sounding one and then over and over again while matrixing them together into a complete show now take that and multiply it by every show from that tour plus many shows from other recent tours and you'll get an idea of what i mean

Well thank you for your efforts, its nice to have such pleasure in your work, im working on a book myself thats taken 40 years to write, but the Stones just keep adding chapters, something magical about the three remaining Stones and Taylor ( who also has a chapter left in him) , its going to be great if i say so myself because most people that write the books know very little about the individuals involved and even less about the music.
Its we the real fans that know this band, but we all have a different book in us because we see them in different lights. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-21 19:19 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: October 21, 2021 21:55

I really did appreciate Keith's playing Beast of Burden.
I do not get the point of the current middle Sympathy solo ??? why ???

Date: October 21, 2021 22:05

DandelionPowderman
slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan

20-30 seconds?

[www.youtube.com]

right – form 01:25 to 01:55 is the only longer part he has both of his hand on his guitar, from ca. 01:35 to 01:55 you can hear that he's really playing

Date: October 21, 2021 22:49

Rocktiludrop
ProfessorWolf
Rocktiludrop
ProfessorWolf

Well thank you for your efforts, its nice to have such pleasure in your work, im working on a book myself thats taken 40 years to write, but the Stones just keep adding chapters, something magical about the three remaining Stones and Taylor ( who also has a chapter left in him) , its going to be great if i say so myself because most people that write the books know very little about the individuals involved and even less about the music.
Its we the real fans that know this band, but we all have a different book in us because we see them in different lights. winking smiley

thank you and your largely correct about the books i've read over forty plus books about or related to the stones and most are trash or just boring the two books i'm want read right would be mick's and shirley watt's but i hope for a couple more good books to come out with the hoopla over the 60th and of course your book sounds like it could be one of the good one let us know when your done with it and i'll give it a read

Date: October 21, 2021 22:53

slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan

20-30 seconds?

[www.youtube.com]

right – form 01:25 to 01:55 is the only longer part he has both of his hand on his guitar, from ca. 01:35 to 01:55 you can hear that he's really playing

Not true.

Date: October 21, 2021 23:23

ProfessorWolf
Rocktiludrop
ProfessorWolf
Rocktiludrop
ProfessorWolf

thank you and your largely correct about the books i've read over forty plus books about or related to the stones and mhost are trash or just boring the two books i'm want read right would be mick's and shirley watt's but i hope for a couple more good books to come out with the hoopla over the 60th and of course your book sounds like it could be one of the good one let us know when your done with it and i'll give it a read

I think I'd like Keith's book, the real one not the BS one that was all for image.( Although it was a good book for casual fans )
Also now Mick has matured and come into his own, I'd love an honest book from him, but can men with enormous egos be painfully honest ? Not a chance.
Most people close to the Stones have clearly signed secrecy agreements so until they are dead you are not going to know anything personal about them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-22 00:50 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: October 22, 2021 01:02

Back to Keith, if he keeps to this healthy energised path and continues to improve his playing skills he has many options, he and Mick can continue to tour in some way, Arena's, Theatres, featured album shows like the Fonda gig, it's possible they could continue for many more years health permitting, obviously they would slow things down a tad, but with the Glimmers appearing to be close friends again could the albums flow again ?

I'm convinced the new album didn't materialise because they fell out in the studio, i don't think they could agree on anything so cancelled each other out, perhaps the Mexican stand of will cease now.

The 60th Anniversary shows would have even more meaning and validity with a new album to promote.

I just think this different energised Keith is a game changer, Hell he could even tour with the Winos again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-22 01:04 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 22, 2021 01:43

Rocktiludrop
Back to Keith, if he keeps to this healthy energised path and continues to improve his playing skills he has many options, he and Mick can continue to tour in some way, Arena's, Theatres, featured album shows like the Fonda gig, it's possible they could continue for many more years health permitting, obviously they would slow things down a tad, but with the Glimmers appearing to be close friends again could the albums flow again ?

I'm convinced the new album didn't materialise because they fell out in the studio, i don't think they could agree on anything so cancelled each other out, perhaps the Mexican stand of will cease now.

The 60th Anniversary shows would have even more meaning and validity with a new album to promote.

I just think this different energised Keith is a game changer, Hell he could even tour with the Winos again.

Nothing but negativity and speculation on your part.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 22, 2021 08:44

As others have more articulately pointed out: Keith can still perform the open-g numbers to a high standard. Also, the time is good; his cranked-telecaster is always a winner to my ears. For me, it’s the sound of his Les Paul TV and ES355 which highlight his weaknesses. The sound just isn’t right to my ears. Others have touched on this, I recollect. His soling sounds painful at times.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home