Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: OT Faces have recorded 14 new songs and will tour!
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 19, 2022 03:38

Well I got notification today from Ticketmaster that Rod's show in Vancouver next month has been postponed til August 2023! I know he just started his Vegas run last Friday. Seems like a number have been postponed. I know there were still quite a number of tickets available so perhaps slow sales?

OT: Rod Stewart
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 19, 2022 03:53

LOS ANGELES – May 18, 2022 – Due to production delays, the upcoming Rod Stewart tour will have to reschedule six shows at the start of the 2022 North American summer run. While this delays the tour’s start, it has also opened new routing in 2023 including a coast to coast Canadian tour.

Stewart’s June 2022 shows in Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego, Phoenix and Denver will move to 2023, with the exception of the Hollywood Bowl on 6/14 and Santa Barbara Bowl on 6/18, as they are not impacted by the production issues. The rescheduled dates will be joined in 2023 by five of Stewart’s 2022 post Labor Day concerts, including Pittsburgh, Montreal, Ottawa, Saskatoon and Edmonton.

All dates from July 1, 2022 in Dallas through September 3, 2022 in Tampa are not affected and will play as scheduled. Stewart, who kicked-off a run of his hit Las Vegas residency on May 13, is excited to be back on the road and performing for his fans again, and has planned one of the most dynamic tours of his career.

[rodstewart.com]

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: August 8, 2022 13:43

First leg of Sixty is over now. So maybe Ronnie will pick up Faces project. I hope we get the record rumored earlier. One or two shows in London would be great as well.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 9, 2022 05:12

Cheap Trick opened for Rod Stewart @ the Hollywood Bowl. They included "He's a Whore" in the setlist. Interesting choice....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 9, 2022 05:24

bisonvodka
First leg of Sixty is over now. So maybe Ronnie will pick up Faces project. I hope we get the record rumored earlier. One or two shows in London would be great as well.

Hoping it happens. thumbs up

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 9, 2022 08:40

anytime now ronniewinking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 9, 2022 09:19

It's getting ridiculous. Not only are the rock dinosaurs getting tiresome, and very, very, expensive, more 'groups' might try and get in the act. That's not the Faces people would be seeing, just like what's out there now isn't really the Rolling Stones. I don't know about Europe, but the Faces weren't that big in the States. They certainly couldn't fill stadiums, and I doubt they could gouge people for $200 USD for a nosebleed seat.

Is this what rock and roll has come to? Suck the last dollar dry from the rubes before it's all over?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 9, 2022 13:29

24FPS

Is this what rock and roll has come to? Suck the last dollar dry from the rubes before it's all over?
It's been like that for the last 30 years...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 9, 2022 13:43

24FPS
It's getting ridiculous. Not only are the rock dinosaurs getting tiresome, and very, very, expensive, more 'groups' might try and get in the act. That's not the Faces people would be seeing, just like what's out there now isn't really the Rolling Stones. I don't know about Europe, but the Faces weren't that big in the States. They certainly couldn't fill stadiums, and I doubt they could gouge people for $200 USD for a nosebleed seat.

Of course it's the bloody Rolling Stones! Who are they then? Impersonators??

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 9, 2022 15:00

micha063
Oh, no.
I love the Faces. I realy like Rod Stewart. But its far too late. Please don't destroy your great work!

thumbs up

Re: OT: Faces
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 9, 2022 15:33

ProfessorWolf
bye bye johnny
Kenney Jones is this week's guest on the Rockonteurs podcast. He says he and Ronnie have recorded "about twelve songs" with Ronnie on guitar and bass. Rod Stewart sang on six of them. Matt Clifford plays keys.

yeah now that sounds promising

bet it gets released before the new stones album

There’s a new Stones album???????

Rod

Date: August 9, 2022 15:48

<That's not the Faces people would be seeing>

Rod, Woody and Kenney. Do they have to bring in Tetsu for you to call them Faces? winking smiley

Posted by: erad ()
Date: August 9, 2022 15:56

Rod is a shadow of his former self sadly. His concerts seem to be more about scantily clad young women than music nowadays.

Date: August 9, 2022 16:00

erad
Rod is a shadow of his former self sadly. His concerts seem to be more about scantily clad young women than music nowadays.

I saw a gig on television recently where he was quite good. His voice was better than expected.

OT: Faces
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 9, 2022 16:32

Glen Matlock was a recent guest on Steve Jones' "Jonesy's Jukebox" podcast.

He talked about working with Rod, Ronnie and Kenney for a couple of days last summer - "They was revisiting some stuff. I dunno what's going on". Said Jools Holland and Matt Clifford played keyboards. He referred to Clifford as "the new Nicky Hopkins".

[www.jonesysjukebox.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 9, 2022 17:49

erad

He's still good, but yes, he has a handful of gorgeous women up there. He opens with a cover of Addicted to Love, so...

Date: August 9, 2022 19:33

Big Al
24FPS

Brian Wilson tours with a couple Beach Boys and some crack musicians. It sounds great, and it's fun, but he doesn't call it the Beach Boys. (Yes, I know Mike Love legally owns the name). And the 'real' Beach Boys with Mike Love suck. How many Rolling Stones have to be gone until it's not the Rolling Stones? They're down to sixty percent. They no longer have the Rolling Stones rhythm section. (Which they haven't had for 30 years). Call it Mick, Keith & Ron, but it's not the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 9, 2022 19:44

24FPS
Big Al
24FPS

Brian Wilson tours with a couple Beach Boys and some crack musicians. It sounds great, and it's fun, but he doesn't call it the Beach Boys. (Yes, I know Mike Love legally owns the name). And the 'real' Beach Boys with Mike Love suck. How many Rolling Stones have to be gone until it's not the Rolling Stones? They're down to sixty percent. They no longer have the Rolling Stones rhythm section. (Which they haven't had for 30 years). Call it Mick, Keith & Ron, but it's not the Rolling Stones.

I really can’t agree with you, 24FPS. I’d hope the majority would agree with me! What should they call themselves? Brian died, Taylor quit; and Wyman left circa 1991! The Stones carried on and continue to do so to this day. Charlie’s passing must’ve been an unimaginable blow, but it’s still the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: August 9, 2022 19:48

I can't remember a year when this story didn't roll around.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 9, 2022 19:56

Rip This
sways RW found 60 odd tracks and such...something he can use with the Stones and help them finish their album?

Freezing Ronnie out of the Writing from Steel Wheels forward is a pity, he had some good contributions (IORR, Hey Negrita, Everything Is Turning to Gold, Dance, No Use Crying, Pretty Beat Up, One Hit to the Body, Dirty Work, Had it With You, Fight, etc.)

Date: August 9, 2022 20:10

erad

Same could be said for Ronnie, but considering his guitar playing was better with the Faces before he joined the Stones,
chances are good his guitar playing would be better if he reunites with his former band mates. A reunion might give them all a great boost!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 9, 2022 23:50

bizarrely to me he always plays better outside the stones then in it

see his chuck berry tribute shows to see what i mean

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 10, 2022 00:00

24FPS
Big Al
24FPS

I have mixed feelings in this.

If people are fired from the band or just quit, I think it's a different story than someone passing away and the band wanting to continue, but even that has it's limits.

I gave up on the Allman's when Dickey was kicked out as I considered him a vital member. The Eagles and Steely Dan continuing the way they are without a core member of the original duo Dems like a cash grab. Same goes for Lynyrd Skynyrd who I understand don't even have Rossington in the band currently.

No disrespect to Charlie, but I'm guessing the general public consider it the Stones as long as Mick and Keith are in the band.

Date: August 10, 2022 00:15

Steely Dan still has co-founder and core member Donald Fagen, and aside from the late co-founder Walter Becker (RIP),
the band has essentially been a revolving door of various musicians throughout their entire history from one album to the next.

"...American musician best known as the co-founder, lead singer, co-songwriter, and keyboardist of the band Steely Dan,
formed in the early 1970s with musical partner Walter Becker. In addition to his work with Steely Dan, Fagen has released four solo albums".

edit> correct link: Donald Fagen/Steely Dan

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-10 00:20 by Hairball.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 10, 2022 01:25

Big Al
24FPS
Big Al
24FPS

I really can’t agree with you, 24FPS. I’d hope the majority would agree with me! What should they call themselves? Brian died, Taylor quit; and Wyman left circa 1991! The Stones carried on and continue to do so to this day. Charlie’s passing must’ve been an unimaginable blow, but it’s still the Rolling Stones.
It is still The Rolling Stones for if not, they would have no longer been a band in 1969 since that is when the founding member left.I wish in 1993 when Bill leftthey had replaced him with Mick Taylor and then he Ronnie and Keith could have taken turns playing bass on stage.Or at least have allowed Taylor to play the whole shows on the 50 and Counting Tour.The main problem I have with this band is that Bill and now Charlie are kinda of irreplaceable.Particularly Billin the sense that they won’t be playing many more years without Charlie, certainly not 29 as was the case with Bill. And the gig should have gone to Doug Wimbish.Jones is terrible choice.He has no feel for the music.It comes through in some of his comments when he says he was not a fan of the Stones music before joining.He was recently asked what guitarist played his favorite riffs and he said Hendrix not Keith!

Date: August 10, 2022 02:04

Hairball
Steely Dan still has co-founder and core member Donald Fagen, and aside from the late co-founder Walter Becker (RIP),
the band has essentially been a revolving door of various musicians throughout their entire history from one album to the next.

"...American musician best known as the co-founder, lead singer, co-songwriter, and keyboardist of the band Steely Dan,
formed in the early 1970s with musical partner Walter Becker. In addition to his work with Steely Dan, Fagen has released four solo albums".

There's always an exception to the rule. Steely Dan was always Fagen and Becker, with Becker kind of in the background. The Stones, were a collection of musicians who together created a unique chemistry that was greater than the individuals. That chemistry was severely disrupted when Bill left, but it was ended when Charlie passed. You can't just bring in touring musicians and think you have the Rolling Stones. It's a feel that can't be duplicated.

Date: August 10, 2022 02:45

I was just pointing that Steely Dan fact out to kovach, and wasn't giving an opinion one way or another regarding what's left of them or the Rolling Stones.
Whether either of them are "truly" what they call themselves is debatable, and the right answer probably depends on who you ask.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 10, 2022 13:52

WorriedAboutYou
I can't remember a year when this story didn't roll around.

It's become as predictable as the annual statement from Jimmy Page, in which he declares that he's about to release new music, and will "be seen to be playing live."

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 10, 2022 14:09

24FPS
Hairball

There's always an exception to the rule. Steely Dan was always Fagen and Becker, with Becker kind of in the background. The Stones, were a collection of musicians who together created a unique chemistry that was greater than the individuals. That chemistry was severely disrupted when Bill left, but it was ended when Charlie passed. You can't just bring in touring musicians and think you have the Rolling Stones. It's a feel that can't be duplicated.

Hurts to say but I agree 24FPS. I was lucky & saw a fantastic show toward the end of the tour in 2019 (Seattle) but I had almost given up on them. The show before for me was Vegas in 2013 & I was really disappointed in that one. The stars were aligned right in 2019 & it was a night where everything was as perfect as you were going to get at that point. I've listened to plenty of tapes of shows without Charlie & it just isn't the same. Steve Jordan is a fine drummer but his style doesn't sound right in the Stones to me. As far as Keith & Ronnie go, the lifestyle they lived for decades has clearly taken it's toll. With Keith I don't think it's possible to play like he did with the arthritis in his hands. I have sort of the same issue & I know I couldn't play at all, in fact I sold my guitar several years ago as it was pointless. The guitar signal now is so heavily processed that it's hard to tell what they are actually playing at all. Occasionally the glory days get through but it's rare from what I've listened to. & I'm not listening to cell phone tapes. Mick can still sing when he wants to but a lot of the time he's just shouting. That's not a new thing though. I'm still a fan & always will be but without Charlie it's just not the Stones to me. Losing Bill was big, too but Darryl has done ok. & he was Charlie's choice with him being from Miles Davis' band. I think it's time to shut down the machine. The band should kick back & enjoy the fruits of their labour. I'm not saying stop playing but rather stop playing as the Rolling Stones. I'd love to see Keith or Mick or Ron on their own, playing more intimate venues at realistic money. Probably not going to happen though.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 10, 2022 16:46

Hairball
I was just pointing that Steely Dan fact out to kovach, and wasn't giving an opinion one way or another regarding what's left of them or the Rolling Stones.
Whether either of them are "truly" what they call themselves is debatable, and the right answer probably depends on who you ask.

I'm not arguing with you but when does this then just become a Donald Fagen solo outing?

As I say this I'm going to see Foreigner next weekend who have zero original members. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home