Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
OT: Faces
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 10, 2022 23:46

Either Rod has forgotten, or nothing came of the Summer 2021 sessions with Glen Matlock.

[iorr.org]

Re: OT Faces have recorded 14 new songs and will tour!
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 11, 2022 09:27

well if nothing comes out of this new faces album at least it seems that ronnie is still interested in creating new music outside of the stones

maybe we'll get a new solo album out of him sooner or later

i'd really love to hear that

Re: OT: Faces
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 11, 2022 17:36

bye bye johnny
Either Rod has forgotten, or nothing came of the Summer 2021 sessions with Glen Matlock.

[iorr.org]

Rod says ; “Six months ago " , that was before the summer , maybe they found Glenn afterwards

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: November 11, 2022 19:43

Rod was probably promoting his latest tour at the time. That's when he usually brings up the Faces.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 11, 2022 19:45

So have the Stones!

Date: November 11, 2022 20:56

Lien
bye bye johnny

[iorr.org]

Rod says ; “Six months ago " , that was before the summer , maybe they found Glenn afterwards

Glen Matlock said the sessions were in 2021, not 2022.

Date: November 23, 2022 10:45

Kenney Jones Talks New FACES Album w/Rod Stewart & Ronnie Wood

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 23, 2022 11:01

They should cover "New Faces".

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 17, 2022 11:50

Any news from the new Faces album front?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-17 13:01 by doitywoik.

Date: March 14, 2023 23:33

doitywoik

BY FRANK MASTROPOLO
ON FEBRUARY 9, 2023

Rock Cellar: You’ve talked about recording tracks for a Faces reunion album with Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood. What’s happening with that?

Kenney Jones: Well, that’s still going ahead. We’re slowly working on stuff. We’ll also be coming out with a load of back catalog stuff. But that’s all in the making at the moment. 

Rock Cellar: Tell me about the writing and recording process.

Kenney Jones: At the moment Ronnie Wood and I have been working together, just guitar and drums. And then Ronnie comes in and puts the bass on, ’cause Ronnie’s a great bass player as well. 

We’re doing that sort of thing. And re-recording some of the old tracks. And one of them is “I Can Feel the Fire,” which was on Ronnie’s album I’ve Got My Own Album to Do.

Rock Cellar: Who wrote the new songs?

Kenney Jones: At the moment we’re in the process, it’s a bit too early to say. At the moment Rod’s done some lyrics on some. 

[rockcellarmagazine.com]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 15, 2023 00:39

Lien
doitywoik

BY FRANK MASTROPOLO
ON FEBRUARY 9, 2023

Rock Cellar: You’ve talked about recording tracks for a Faces reunion album with Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood. What’s happening with that?

Kenney Jones: Well, that’s still going ahead. We’re slowly working on stuff. We’ll also be coming out with a load of back catalog stuff. But that’s all in the making at the moment. 

Rock Cellar: Tell me about the writing and recording process.

Kenney Jones: At the moment Ronnie Wood and I have been working together, just guitar and drums. And then Ronnie comes in and puts the bass on, ’cause Ronnie’s a great bass player as well. 

We’re doing that sort of thing. And re-recording some of the old tracks. And one of them is “I Can Feel the Fire,” which was on Ronnie’s album I’ve Got My Own Album to Do.

Rock Cellar: Who wrote the new songs?

Kenney Jones: At the moment we’re in the process, it’s a bit too early to say. At the moment Rod’s done some lyrics on some. 

[rockcellarmagazine.com]

thanks

nice to hear it's still coming along

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 15, 2023 00:39

Faces on Midnight Special 1975
with Keef sit-in

Watch them all!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-15 21:25 by spikenyc.

OT: Faces stuff
Date: April 11, 2023 16:32

Tell Everyone – A People’s History of the Faces

Tell Everyone – A People’s History of The Faces is a lavishly illustrated collection of memories of one of the most celebrated bands in British rock history. The Faces formed in 1969 when singer Rod Stewart and guitarist Ronnie Wood quit the Jeff Beck Group to team up with the remaining members of 60s chart toppers the Small Faces – Ronnie Lane, Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones – whose own lead singer had left.

Inheriting fans from their previous bands, the Faces went on to play over 500 concerts. At one point they were acclaimed the greatest live rock act in the world, ahead of the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin. Faces shows could be brilliant or shambolic, depending on just how much alcohol they had imbibed. Legendary BBC DJ John Peel, an early champion of the band, named a 1973 Faces gig at Sunderland Locarno his all time favourite live concert.

The Faces had three Top 10 UK singles and a number one album with Ooh-La-La. In 1971, Rod’s single ‘Maggie May’ and album Every Picture Tells a Story topped the UK and US charts simultaneously, making him the first solo act to achieve this feat. It catapulted his career into an orbit that, along with Ronnie Wood joining the Rolling Stones, ultimately led to the Faces break up in 1975.

Written and compiled by Richard Houghton, this book brings together over 500 previously unpublished accounts of live Faces concerts. Fully illustrated with over 150 fan images, this is a book that tells the Faces story as it’s never been told before.

Tell Everyone – A People’s History is published on 2 June 2023 as a limited edition hardback.

Pre-publication orders will ship w/c 22 May 2023.

[spenwoodbooks.com]

Re: OT: Faces stuff
Date: April 11, 2023 16:51

[www.wegottickets.com]

LONDON: Dublin Castle
94 Parkway
2 Faced (Ace Faces Homage)+Richard Houghton +Rock N Roll Book Club +Book Launch Party +DJ Long Player

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 11, 2023 16:57

smoking smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 12, 2023 23:26

I saw Faces in the 70s

what has ron earned on ooh la la.. alot of placements over years
Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: April 13, 2023 06:52

interesting to me for some reason,,

Re: what has ron earned on ooh la la.. alot of placements over years
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 13, 2023 13:23

Great song. I hope Ronnie didn't sell the publishing & is making something off of it.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 14, 2023 05:45

Is that Wood or Lane singing vocals?

It's ironic that Rod Stewart didn't like the song so that's why he didn't sing on it. Now it's pretty much a staple in his concerts.

Date: April 14, 2023 08:14

It's Wood singing.

what has ron earned on ooh la la.. alot of placements over years
Date: April 16, 2023 06:27

been sold to a lot of big companies. just wondering if anyone ever heard of sum,,

Date: April 19, 2023 06:54

aarp commercial now featues it.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 19, 2023 08:01

Even though it was the title track of their last studio album, I don't recall the song "Ooh La La" getting any airplay at all when it was first released in '73.

You wouldn't know it now, but it basically flew under the radar for years and years.

It goes without saying that everyone was much younger then. (By about 50 years...!) The theme of the song really didn't connect with the Rock audience at the time, because at that time the Rock audience was the opposite of old.

I think the AARP ought to do a commercial with this Harry Nilsson song: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 20, 2023 03:56

Seems like the new Faces album is taking a long and winding road just like the new Stones album.

OT: Faces stuff
Date: June 5, 2023 22:19

Anymore for Anymore: The Ronnie Lane Story - Published 17th August 2023

Omnibus Press

£20.00

By David and Caroline Stafford

Ronnie Lane’s story is that of a working-class kid who started his musical career busking a ukulele at the age of eight. As a young man he signed with legendary manager Don Arden, who paid him in paisley shirts. He then enjoyed a phenomenal 17 consecutive Top 40 singles, womanising and LSD, and fell under the spell of a mystic before joining forces with Rod Stewart. Ronnie was later diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, moved to America, went broke and died far too young.

Drawing on extensive research and interviews with friends and family, Caroline and David Stafford unearth the truth and talent of the man behind the music.

Publication Date: 17.08.23
ISBN: 9781913172534
Extent: 320 pages
Format: Hardback

[omnibuspress.com]

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: June 6, 2023 02:07

Great to see Ronnie Lane gets some notice....

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 6, 2023 03:35

loog droog
Even though it was the title track of their last studio album, I don't recall the song "Ooh La La" getting any airplay at all when it was first released in '73.

You wouldn't know it now, but it basically flew under the radar for years and years.

It goes without saying that everyone was much younger then. (By about 50 years...!) The theme of the song really didn't connect with the Rock audience at the time, because at that time the Rock audience was the opposite of old.

I think the AARP ought to do a commercial with this Harry Nilsson song: [www.youtube.com]

I think the song became popular after Rod recorded it with the Corrs backing in the late 90s and now it's a staple in his concerts.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 13, 2023 18:53

Rod says he's ready to quit rock music:

Rod ready to leave rock 'n' roll behind

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-15 15:08 by kovach.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: June 14, 2023 00:50

Huh, weren't they in talks about doing a tour pre-pandemic? Guess Ronnie is probably too busy with that other band... whatever they're called. Can't recall.

OT:Faces "Maybe I'm Amazed" ..Wow!
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: August 20, 2023 02:23

Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood and Ronnie Lane at their absolute peak...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2019
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home