Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: Brian's guitars
Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 2, 2010 17:13

Epiphones seem to feature prominently in their early days.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 6, 2010 05:23

I've heard that one of Brian's Bijou dulcimers is supposed to be exhibited in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland Ohio. One of his dulcimers got stolen so it might be that one. - Tonterapi (quote)

The permanent Rolling Stones exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is pitiful. There is a ducilmer in bad shape behind glass in no particular display saying something to the effect, 'Dulcimer possibly used by the Rolling Stones'. It's an acoustic one. I don't even think it had all the strings.

I was also shocked to see a Mellotron in another part of the building with a little plague on it that said something like , 'Used by the Rolling Stones in the studio in the 1960s'. That could very well be the 2000 Light Years From Home Mellotron and they treat it so cavalierly. They have a beautiful Hendrix exhibit, but the Stones don't get good treatment. Maybe the Stones aren't giving them anything.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: November 6, 2010 13:27

His Majesty

I bought one recently, I think it's slightly earlier than Brians due to the extended Y on Harmony and the lack of 'steel reinforced neck' print on the headstock. It has the same dual vol/tone pots, pickups.

Probably going to sell it though.

Why would you sell it? High action? Unstable tuning? Bad acoustic? Thought about obtaining one myself, of a Marc Ribot-reason though.

Date: November 6, 2010 15:03

24FPS
I've heard that one of Brian's Bijou dulcimers is supposed to be exhibited in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland Ohio. One of his dulcimers got stolen so it might be that one. - Tonterapi (quote)

The permanent Rolling Stones exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is pitiful. There is a ducilmer in bad shape behind glass in no particular display saying something to the effect, 'Dulcimer possibly used by the Rolling Stones'. It's an acoustic one. I don't even think it had all the strings.

I was also shocked to see a Mellotron in another part of the building with a little plague on it that said something like , 'Used by the Rolling Stones in the studio in the 1960s'. That could very well be the 2000 Light Years From Home Mellotron and they treat it so cavalierly. They have a beautiful Hendrix exhibit, but the Stones don't get good treatment. Maybe the Stones aren't giving them anything.

The Stones museum legacy will be a shabby dulcimer with missing strings.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1788
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home