Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: OT: Pro-Trump mob storms US Capitol building
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 7, 2021 16:14

Witness
kovach
Witness
jbwelda
>You voted him in. This is what you got.

Actually, no, he was not "voted...in", not at all. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by more than two million votes. That is one of the many deep ironies here: these clowns are now against the electoral college, but it is how they came into power to begin with.

Hypocrites and parasites, thieves, liars and criminals.

jb

However, by virtue of the rules of representation, Trump really was voted in. And in the 2020 election, even after his line towards the Covid19 disease,Trump obtained more than 74 million votes. The vital question is how those voters consider what happened yesterday.

Everyone is condemning this. Doesn't matter who you voted for. For years conservatives criticized the violent destruction by various groups supported by the other side, to turn and do the same thing disgusts all but the most extreme which are very, very few and will never be satisfied.

The question, however, is how many of Trump's more than 74 million voters will after this still remain under Trump's leadership, charismatic for quite many of them, and how many will cease to do so? Besides, what would be the conditions for them to act otherwise over time?

Everything's a numbers game with me. Who's going to give me the best opportunity to provide for my family and save for retirement? It's not just a beauty/popularity contest for me.

I was in a job I hated working extremely long hours, after the economy heated up I was able to find a job I liked though at lower pay; I had some savings that allowed me to get by until I could work my way, and my salary up. The tax cuts helped me get there quicker and my retirement plans back on track.

I want my son who's in college to have the same opportunities when he graduates.

All that being said, I see a reversal coming with the new administration, though I'll give them a chance. I started working when Reagan was president so have seen a lot of them come and go, some I voted for, some I didn't, and some I didn't vote for surprised me by doing better than I expected.

Whoever is president is my president and rooting against them is rooting against the country so I will never do that.

However I must admit the non-stop tweeting and unconventional language of the last 4 years has been rather exhausting to keep up with, so I look forward to calmer days ahead. And SNL and other late night talk shows becoming funny again and not solely focused on one subject. :-)

Date: January 7, 2021 16:18

Green Lady
Stoneage
I do not understand why the USA, or Great Britain, do not change to a proportional electoral system. If you do that you will have more than two parties to vote for.
Another question is how long the Republican Party will support Trump. One would think that they out of pure self-interest would distance themselves from him.
Trump? It's like that old Tina Turner song - "what you see is what you get". You voted him in. This is what you got.

When politicians are in opposition they talk about proportional representation, but once they get into power they suddenly develop a great affection for the system that got them elected.

You got thst right.

Soon as they get elected, their main focus becomes the next election.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 7, 2021 16:23

Who could have seen this coming?? (sarcasm font)

Oh look, they even had merch.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 7, 2021 16:24

What a pathetic way to die.

Nate

Date: January 7, 2021 16:27

Stoneage
I do not understand why the USA, or Great Britain, do not change to a proportional electoral system. If you do that you will have more than two parties to vote for.

A couple states do something like that, Maine and Nebraska I believe.

I'm not sure how expanding on that would allow for more political parties but I'm certainly open to new ideas and a 3rd party (or more)!

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: January 7, 2021 16:30

Trump is creating Domestic Terrorists in the United States. He has failed to deal with the coronavirus. His supports are either racist or simple minded buffoons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 16:32 by Rocknroll1969.

Date: January 7, 2021 16:31

According to some sources there have been some irregularities in vote counting.

I do not know if this information is true.

If it were true USA has a very big problem in terms of legitimacy of their goverment. And Trump voters must be really rightly angry...

(I do not live in USA)

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 7, 2021 16:31

schillid
Many of us in and around NYC have been familiar for decades with this scumbag trump...
.. we already knew that he is a despicable dickhead...
Knew it before he ran for president and f*cked up the entire country.

Now... to the many. many people who were -- and some still are -- fooled by trump:
Now... do you get it??
He is dangerous.
from as far back as 40 years ago for me knowing what he is all about

Date: January 7, 2021 16:34

Bellajane
Trump should be removed from office and tried for treason. They are talking about invoking the 25th Amendment (which should have been done long before now), but he only has 2 weeks left and I don't even know if it could be accomplished that quickly. Trump and COVID a perfect storm of Hell.

It made me sick seeing the MAGA maggots brandishing the Confederate flag in the Capitol. What a disgrace.
Yeah, and in the statuary room no less . Such a shame and disgrace .

Date: January 7, 2021 16:35

emotionalbarbecue

If it were true USA has a very big problem in terms of legitimacy of their goverment. And Trump voters must be really rightly angry...

(I do not live in USA)

Nice try at false information. The Trump campaign filed 60 lawsuits that were rejected from courts all over the country. Trump is lying about voter fraud. He is the fraud. He has been lying about things for 50 years. Banks in New York will not do business with him. That’s why he has to borrow money from global banks like HSBC.

Date: January 7, 2021 16:38

emotionalbarbecue

(I do not live in USA)

I bet you know well that those allegations have been tried in court. Result: 59-1, hence those are baseless accusations.

Date: January 7, 2021 16:39

Trumps false election claims tried to disengage black voters. This is the audio from the phone call he made to the Georgia Secretary of State.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 7, 2021 16:41

MisterDDDD
stickyfingers101
schillid
trump should be removed now or resign

yep...agreed 100%

However, so should the Mayor of DC and the Chief of Police

Trump caused this. Full stop.

However, it is the Mayor the CoP's responsibility to provide security in the city of DC....it is THEIR city....that is fact.

...they failed.

The Mayor or the Chief are not responsible for the Capitol.. on federal land.
That is on the Capitol Police, and the Feds- ie the DOJ, National Guard.
Another interesting aspect of policing in DC, as it is not a state, all serious crimes revert to federal jurisdiction.

see...you learn something new every day!

I also just learned that it is some DingDong named Ryan McCarthy who approves the use of the National Guard in DC (I thought it was Dumpy)....

so, thanks to this new info, I revise my statement: The Capitol Police failed...so did Ryan McCarthy.

my point is: this breach never should've happened with or without Dumpy's inciting.

Law enforcement had ample time and information to adequately prepare.

They failed. They should be held accountable.

Date: January 7, 2021 16:44

Witness
kovach
Witness
jbwelda

Actually, no, he was not "voted...in", not at all. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by more than two million votes. That is one of the many deep ironies here: these clowns are now against the electoral college, but it is how they came into power to begin with.

jb

However, by virtue of the rules of representation, Trump really was voted in. And in the 2020 election, even after his line towards the Covid19 disease,Trump obtained more than 74 million votes. The vital question is how those voters consider what happened yesterday.

Everyone is condemning this. Doesn't matter who you voted for. For years conservatives criticized the violent destruction by various groups supported by the other side, to turn and do the same thing disgusts all but the most extreme which are very, very few and will never be satisfied.

The question, however, is how many of Trump's more than 74 million voters will after this still remain under Trump's leadership, charismatic for quite many of them, and how many will cease to do so? Besides, what would be the conditions for them to act otherwise over time?
Reminds me of back in Guyana with Jim Jones and the Kool Aid . Remember that ?

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 7, 2021 16:47

A shameful day for my country. It brought back a line from the late 1960s/early 1970s by H. Rap Brown, a Black activist: "Violence is as American as cherry pie". The fact that the folks who occupied the Capitol and Capitol grounds have basically got away with their vandalism and pseudo-revolutionary bullsh*t is amazing until you realize the overwhelming majority of these people are white. There's rules for the BLM and other protestors, but than there's other rules for white protestors. Regarding their cult leader, the best thing for my country would be if Trump would just go to Mar-a-Lago, play golf and STFU until January 20th.

Date: January 7, 2021 16:50

Rocknroll1969
emotionalbarbecue

(I do not live in USA)

Nice try at false information. The Trump campaign filed 60 lawsuits that were rejected from courts all over the country. Trump is lying about voter fraud. He is the fraud. He has been lying about things for 50 years. Banks in New York will not do business with him. That’s why he has to borrow money from global banks like HSBC.
Let's not forget multiple bankruptcy's which banks don't like as the individual is not credit worthy !

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 7, 2021 16:52

Bungo
This is all a direct result of what the Democrats have been doing to Trump and his administration for the last 4 years including overtly stealing a presidential election with the complicit approval of our media. Unfortunately none of this is going to simply die-down and go away. "President elect" Joe Biden and his family still have a lot of illegal activity to answer for and I highly doubt he will complete a 4 year term. The American people see through the false narrative and cover-up by our media.

Hey Donald...you got access to IORR ? How often are you gonna repeat this BS ?

Date: January 7, 2021 16:52

Won't post the video directly, but this captures the feelings on the situation yesterday for most of us well.

Make DC a State and these two it's Senators.
[twitter.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 7, 2021 16:58

DandelionPowderman
emotionalbarbecue

(I do not live in USA)

I bet you know well that those allegations have been tried in court. Result: 59-1, hence those are baseless accusations.

The tally is even worse that that - 61 lawsuits failed v. a single one only that "won" a hollow victory because the ruling affected only a few votes and made no difference to the election outcome. If the tally had been the other way round, then no questions would have been raised. Never seen such a sore loser. Utterly pathetic.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 7, 2021 16:58

TheGreek
Witness
kovach
Witness
jbwelda

jb

Reminds me of back in Guyana with Jim Jones and the Kool Aid . Remember that ?

Why is that relevant in this context?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 7, 2021 17:02

There are always voter anomalies in presidential elections, not sure the percentage but it's always been tolerated. I really hope some sort of voter reform gets priority. While there wasn't evidence of fraud per se, there certainly was a manipulation of the rules that should never happen again. Politics is a dirty beast.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: January 7, 2021 17:12

FBI Seeking Information Related to Violent Activity at the U.S Capitol Building

Some of these criminals are easy to find. They posted a lot of stuff on the internet...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 7, 2021 17:12

Bungo
This is all a direct result of what the Democrats have been doing to Trump and his administration for the last 4 years including overtly stealing a presidential election with the complicit approval of our media. Unfortunately none of this is going to simply die-down and go away. "President elect" Joe Biden and his family still have a lot of illegal activity to answer for and I highly doubt he will complete a 4 year term. The American people see through the false narrative and cover-up by our media.

Even if this was true..............it would only mean that trump got outsmarted by the Dems etc. ....and apparently trump "knew what was going to happen a year ago".............wow, is he slow off the blocks, still not being able to 'get a fair election' with that much advanced notice?

Which leads me to.....who would want as President someone who got outsmarted by so called "Sleepy Joe?"

Natural selection at play, at worst. At best, 80 million people got sick and tired of being "grabbed by the pussy".

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 17:20 by EddieByword.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 7, 2021 17:17

emotionalbarbecue
(I do not live in USA)

Please do not use the space here on IORR spreading these baseless statements.

FACTS:

More than 60 legal cases have been rejected by the legal system.
Even the US Supreme Court, with three judges appointed by Trump, have rejected cases.
The chief of security stated the election was the most secure ever. Then he got fired by Trump.
All fifty states have certified and approved their election.
Vice President Pence stated yesterday that Biden/Harris won the election.

Trump fires a cybersecurity official who called the election ‘the most secure in American history.’ (New York Times)

Bjornulf

Date: January 7, 2021 17:20

Maindefender
There are always voter anomalies in presidential elections, not sure the percentage but it's always been tolerated. I really hope some sort of voter reform gets priority. While there wasn't evidence of fraud per se, there certainly was a manipulation of the rules that should never happen again. Politics is a dirty beast.

Due to the fast spreading pandemic, some voting rules were, understandably, changed during the election that's true.

The inciter in chief encouraged his supporters not to utilize mail in vote and then he lost. Overwhelmingly. Sixty + lawsuits and numerous recounts have proven there was no widespread fraud- definitively.

We have had close elections, this wasn't one.
Hundreds, not millions, of votes separated the candidates in 2000 and yet a peaceful transfer of power prevailed. This isn't an issue of a contested election, this is a coup attempt by those who won't accept their loss.

Can't wait for the upcoming trials on these traitors.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 7, 2021 17:27

For people on this forum who are outside of my country, as an American I apologize for what you had to witness yesterday. I have generally made it a point to stay away from politics, particularly on this site that is dedicated to the Stones. However, what happened yesterday in America saddened and angered me greatly. I would like to see the President of the United States be held accountable for his act of inciting insurrection yesterday. If nothing happens to him, it gives the message to honorable citizens of the US (and other parts of the world watching us), that people of power and influence are above the law and get a free pass while everyone else have to be held accountable. That is not right...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 17:38 by Sighunt.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 7, 2021 17:31

This is not the right place to discuss politics.
The thread is here because of the DC Capitol building terror yesterday.
There is absolutely no excuse for terror.

Unarmed Capitol security people got chased by the mob. Horrible to watch videos.
The House got trashed. Democracy was attacked.
I hope FBI and law enforcement find and punish those involved.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 17:35 by bv.

Date: January 7, 2021 17:41

bv

Unarmed Capitol security people got chased by the mob. Horrible to watch videos.

What occurred yesterday in DC was because of Trumps speeches and tweets. He inspired that with his endless lies. Those were Domestic Terrorists in DC. Several explosive devices were found in DC yesterday. The terrorists and Trump should be prosecuted.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 7, 2021 17:45

Rocknroll1969
bv

What occurred yesterday in DC was because of Trumps speeches and tweets. He inspired that with his endless lies. Those were Domestic Terrorists in DC. Several explosive devices were found in DC yesterday. The terrorists and Trump should be prosecuted.

No shit!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 7, 2021 18:00

Chris Fountain
I have an idea. Why not split the country into divisions such as the NFL?

That's just what Putin wants.

Chris Fountain
kovach
Chris Fountain
I have an idea. Why not split the country into divisions such as the NFL?

Tried that in the 1860's. Didn't work.

It was not given a chance to work.

Are you being serious?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 18:09 by daspyknows.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home