Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: OT: Pro-Trump mob storms US Capitol building
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 7, 2021 19:58

>So far 68 people arrested, of which just one - 1 - is from D.C.

Straw man observation, of course they are from out of town, it is a national thing and DC residents were begged to stay home and stay away. The Russians might have been a more serious matter but i have long thought Drump was and is a Russian agent. It all makes sense in that regard. And I am sure they have all our secrets by now. Treason is too nice a word to describe it.

I have serious doubts anyone will be brought up on charges over this, other than low level scapegoats. Thats the way it seems to work around here these days.

I see someone with a hillbilly-goat beard and a Trump hat on coming my way and i start thinking about which way i need to go to avoid them. So, yeah, I judge people by their looks and obvious affiliations. Guess I am a bad man.

The equivalency to Jim Jones and Jonestown is obvious. What we witnessed yesterday was the first doses of the cyanide with the goal being to bring the whole place down on his way out the door.

I was very proud of Colbert last night and especially his questioning of the woman senator from Minnesota. He was not letting her off the hook as easily as she might have liked.

jb

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:06

This is why this thread is still open.

Whenever there is terror, then it is important for everyone to be able to say how it feels. This was very important for us in Norway, when a terrorist tried to blow up our government buildings, killing a total of 77 people that day, including shooting and killing 69 young politicians at the island Utøya back in 2011.

This is the only reason why this thread is still open, even if I have to work hours with cleaning out propaganda and fake news about the socalled stolen election, and others to blame for the chaos.

A recent IPSOS poll today in USA is saying that 80% of people in USA do condemn the terror in D.C. yesterday. Still, 18% said it was ok what they did. I do not have the exact source but that is what TV channels here in Norway are quoting.

Our news readers call the intruders "Donald Trump's hooligans". The Mayor of D.C. call it text book terrorism. We don't want it. I did not sleep much tonight, because I love USA and the US people. Hopefully there will be healing and understanding.

To quote Mike Pence speaking as senat leader tonight: "Let's Get Back To Work".

Bjornulf

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:06

This has been fueling for many, many years. Remember the Tea-Party?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:07

Maindefender
TooTough
As one can see, Trump finally made America great again eye rolling smiley

Really, now we are associating looks to someone's character. Is that how you would automatically feel if you saw these three walking down any street? on a trail? at the grocery store? working at a hospital?

The picture is part of that occasion. The guy wears a Trump shirt and
a MAGA hat, so the association is what THEY want.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:14

TooTough
Maindefender
TooTough
As one can see, Trump finally made America great again eye rolling smiley

Really, now we are associating looks to someone's character. Is that how you would automatically feel if you saw these three walking down any street? on a trail? at the grocery store? working at a hospital?

The picture is part of that occasion. The guy wears a Trump shirt and
a MAGA hat, so the association is what THEY want.

so, when is Duck Dynasty airing this episode?

[www.aetv.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 20:15 by stickyfingers101.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:28

Elmo Lewis
Chris Fountain
I Think the entire government is self serving. We need Term Limits to clean up this huge mess.

And a balanced budget amendment.

thumbs down Too bad the emojis are limited. This is nonsensical.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:29

bv

At least he took a stand!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:30

MisterDDDD
Who could have seen this coming?? (sarcasm font)

Oh look, they even had merch.

Not really Covid-19 proof, that "mask" confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:30

That's right, Topi! He took a stand...

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:31

Elmo Lewis
"Street Fighting Man" is suddenly more appropriate than in 1968!

Sad situation. What has happened to my country?

It's weird - although I know having different regions or countries is impractical if not silly.

This is an ideological separation of two polarized thinking groups. I have different views than the majority but I have nothing against anyone here whom I actually enjoy very much. I only judge folks on how I'm treated. Hopefully, I treat everyone with respect Since the Pandemic, it seems everyone is out for themselves -especially in Washington DC - Congress

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:33

bv
This is why this thread is still open.

Whenever there is terror, then it is important for everyone to be able to say how it feels. This was very important for us in Norway, when a terrorist tried to blow up our government buildings, killing a total of 77 people that day, including shooting and killing 69 young politicians at the island Utøya back in 2011.

This is the only reason why this thread is still open, even if I have to work hours with cleaning out propaganda and fake news about the socalled stolen election, and others to blame for the chaos.

A recent IPSOS poll today in USA is saying that 80% of people in USA do condemn the terror in D.C. yesterday. Still, 18% said it was ok what they did. I do not have the exact source but that is what TV channels here in Norway are quoting.

Our news readers call the intruders "Donald Trump's hooligans". The Mayor of D.C. call it text book terrorism. We don't want it. I did not sleep much tonight, because I love USA and the US people. Hopefully there will be healing and understanding.

To quote Mike Pence speaking as senat leader tonight: "Let's Get Back To Work".

Thanks for keeping up the good work BV!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:34

Stoneage
That's right, Topi! He took a stand...

And he's from Florida, too...

Insert "Florida Man" headline here.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:36

Yeah i look forward to seeing the Ted Nugent clone on federal wanted posters.

And yeah, this is all a direct descendent of the Tea party BS when Obama was in office. They never got over that slight, having a black man as their leader.

>"Let's Get Back To Work".

I am afraid that was Pence's way of trying to sweep all this under the table so he would not have to face the fact he and his colleagues are to blame for this whole affair. More "white" washing of the situation. I have no respect for the guy or his fellows who thought this whole thing was a good idea.

OK I will stop now, probably.

jb

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:39

There is another important issue that I want to raise.

What happened yesterday was atrocious and unacceptable. I watched it in horror and disbelief.

President Trump was apparently watching it on TV or online just like everybody else. He made a terrible decision by not acting. It was a complete and total failure of his leadership. The moment he saw protesters trying to breach the perimeter security of the US Capitol he should have IMMEDIATELY called for it to stop. It's a connected world and the people protesting would have seen it on their cell phones in minutes. It absolutely unacceptable that he did not act.

Now to the issue. Dozens or more people have posted that Trump incited the crowd to attack the Capitol building and he is directly responsible for what happened.

The truth is that in a court of law that would never fly. He did NOT incite his supporters to do what they did. His words do NOT say that at all.

And here is where each and every one of you that made that allegation have to take a step back and think. When you knowingly and willingly make false propaganda, then you are part of the problem. It's a slippery slope, and if 50 of you are doing this, what are you capable of doing next? You have to speak the TRUTH. It's very important.

Here is the TRUTH: Trump did not incite his followers to commit violence. He FAILED to tell his followers to STOP committing violence. And that's almost as bad.

You need to take a step back and think about these things. When I see people all jumping into some kind of feeding frenzy where you are all uttering false propaganda with no evidence that it is true, where does that lead? The answer is that it can lead to a very very bad place where innocent people can get hurt.

Date: January 7, 2021 20:42

Topi
bv

I hope he gets at least three months in jail for trespassing and give him 500 hours of community service for mishandling government property.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:42

Topi

Won't be his last..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 20:47 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:45

I was talking to a friend last night. An old friend of his (Grateful Dead connection from the 1980s) was there yesterday. He went down the Q-Anon rathole this past summer and is insisting is was all peaceful and lovey dovey. Claims it is all made up by antifa and the fake media. When asked about the pictures and videos he claims none of it is real.

How do you reason with people like this?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:46

MileHigh

What happened yesterday was atrocious and unacceptable. I watched it in horror and disbelief.

President Trump was apparently watching it on TV or online just like everybody else. He made a terrible decision by not acting. It was a complete and total failure of his leadership. The moment he saw protesters trying to breach the perimeter security of the US Capitol he should have IMMEDIATELY called for it to stop. It's a connected world and the people protesting would have seen it on their cell phones in minutes. It absolutely unacceptable that he did not act.

Now to the issue. Dozens or more people have posted that Trump incited the crowd to attack the Capitol building and he is directly responsible for what happened.

The truth is that in a court of law that would never fly. He did NOT incite his supporters to do what they did. His words do NOT say that at all.

And here is where each and every one of you that made that allegation have to take a step back and think. When you knowingly and willingly make false propaganda, then you are part of the problem. It's a slippery slope, and if 50 of you are doing this, what are you capable of doing next? You have to speak the TRUTH. It's very important.

Here is the TRUTH: Trump did not incite his followers to commit violence. He FAILED to tell his followers to STOP committing violence. And that's almost as bad.

You need to take a step back and think about these things. When I see people all jumping into some kind of feeding frenzy where you are all uttering false propaganda with no evidence that it is true, where does that lead? The answer is that it can lead to a very very bad place where innocent people can get hurt.

This is what he said:

"And after this, we're going to walk down there, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down ... to the Capitol and we are going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women," Trump told the crowd. "And we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong."

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: January 7, 2021 20:49

My thoughts when I went to bed last night: Open up Alcatraz again and send them all in. Maybe he can even play golf there.

Thank you bjornulf for this thread

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Date: January 7, 2021 20:58

Koen
MileHigh

This is what he said:

"And after this, we're going to walk down there, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down ... to the Capitol and we are going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women," Trump told the crowd. "And we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong."

Exactly. And that is not a call to incite violence at all. It's all about speaking the truth. Everybody has an inalienable right to demonstrate, including people that you disagree with. They do NOT have a right to do what those idiots did yesterday.

Date: January 7, 2021 20:59

Koen
MileHigh

This is what he said:

exactly...in a court of law, that's not inciting a riot, IMO....

Trump is a horrible man and I DO believe he caused this...but proving that in a court of law is another matter.

and proving it in a Court of Law against someone who is super-wealthy?

not a chance.

Date: January 7, 2021 21:05

MileHigh
daspyknows
MileHigh
bv
FACTS:
More than 60 legal cases have been rejected by the legal system.

But if you never even get to present your case then you never get a chance to present any of your evidence. I find it strange that all 60 cases were rejected. It raises questions about who has the power to reject a case and on what basis is the case being rejected. These are extremely important issues that have direct impact on the democratic system.

Something doesn't smell right there and perhaps time will tell.

Many of these cases were thrown out by Trump APPOINTED judges. The Supreme Court rejected the cases brought before them and Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Barrett (all Trump appointees) rejected the cases. What more do you need?

Who the people were is not relevant. The issue is the content of the cases themselves. I find it hard to believe that high-powered legal teams are going to present frivolous junk to the court. Especially not spanning 60 separate cases.

It must have been the "eagles" (not the band) who wanted to finally get rid of that uncontrollable "vulture" ... They first thought he could be of use, but ... a vulture will always be a vulture ... maybe they know by now.
cool smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:06

MileHigh

Who the people were is not relevant. The issue is the content of the cases themselves. I find it hard to believe that high-powered legal teams are going to present frivolous junk to the court. Especially not spanning 60 separate cases.

Really??

“Voters, not lawyers, choose the president. Ballots, not briefs, decide elections,” Judge Stephanos Bibas wrote as the 3rd U.S. Circuit panel refused to stop the state from certifying its results for Democrat Joe Biden, a demand he called “breathtaking.”

All three of the panel members were appointed by Republican presidents.

And they were upholding the decision of a fourth Republican, U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann, a conservative jurist and Federalist Society member. Brann had called the campaign’s legal case, which was argued in court by Rudy Giuliani, a “haphazard” jumble that resembled “Frankenstein’s monster.”
[apnews.com]

Date: January 7, 2021 21:10

georgie48
MileHigh
daspyknows
MileHigh
bv
FACTS:

But if you never even get to present your case then you never get a chance to present any of your evidence. I find it strange that all 60 cases were rejected. It raises questions about who has the power to reject a case and on what basis is the case being rejected. These are extremely important issues that have direct impact on the democratic system.

Many of these cases were thrown out by Trump APPOINTED judges. The Supreme Court rejected the cases brought before them and Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Barrett (all Trump appointees) rejected the cases. What more do you need?

It must have been the "eagles" (not the band) who wanted to finally get rid of that uncontrollable "vulture" ... They first thought he could be of use, but ... a vulture will always be a vulture ... maybe they know by now.
cool smiley

Whoever the "eagles" are, and if they exist, they are the enemy of the people. I really hope you are not going down that rabbit hole, because that's another awful thing that we still have to deal with after so many decades.

Date: January 7, 2021 21:14

MisterDDDD
MileHigh

Really??

“Voters, not lawyers, choose the president. Ballots, not briefs, decide elections,” Judge Stephanos Bibas wrote as the 3rd U.S. Circuit panel refused to stop the state from certifying its results for Democrat Joe Biden, a demand he called “breathtaking.”

I find it doublespeak to talk about ballots and not briefs determining the outcome of the election when the briefs are all about ballots.

Date: January 7, 2021 21:29

MileHigh
georgie48
MileHigh
daspyknows
MileHigh
bv
FACTS:

cool smiley

Whoever the "eagles" are, and if they exist, they are the enemy of the people. I really hope you are not going down that rabbit hole, because that's another awful thing that we still have to deal with after so many decades.

I'm honored. You understand what I tried to say here. And you're right. As a non-American though, I'm not worried about the "eagles", but indeed "the people of the USA" should be. The thing with eagles is that they have a strong preference to fly to the right, but ... when a vulture ahead of them tells them to always fly to the right, they suddenly (temporarily off course) decide to fly to the left ...

The, long term, painful truth however is that it doesn't really matter wether you're an eagle, a vulture, a rabbit or an "ostrich", we will all be absorbed by our sun, before is collapses into a black hole. Ma, what a prospect grinning smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:31

MileHigh

Did Trump call on them to GO to the Capital yesterday ? and to disrupt the proceddings ?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:33

daspyknows
I was talking to a friend last night. An old friend of his (Grateful Dead connection from the 1980s) was there yesterday. He went down the Q-Anon rathole this past summer and is insisting is was all peaceful and lovey dovey. Claims it is all made up by antifa and the fake media. When asked about the pictures and videos he claims none of it is real.

How do you reason with people like this?
That is what is most sad to me and i have seen it personally for the past 10 years and makes me wonder what pharmaceticals they are on ?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:34

Topi
bv

And stayed between the ropes...lol

Date: January 7, 2021 21:35

MileHigh
MisterDDDD
MileHigh

Really??

I find it doublespeak to talk about ballots and not briefs determining the outcome of the election when the briefs are all about ballots.

and voters don't choose the president in the US anyway...the Electoral College does.

if voters did, the popular vote would decide the winner.

it doesn't.

and, besides, the Supreme Court put Bush in office...I'd count them as "lawyers"....

My country: "every vote KINDA counts, but some count a LOT more than others...and some don't really count at all...North Dakota, I'm looking in your direction"

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home