Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: OT: Pro-Trump mob storms US Capitol building
Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:43

MileHigh
bv
FACTS:
More than 60 legal cases have been rejected by the legal system.

But if you never even get to present your case then you never get a chance to present any of your evidence. I find it strange that all 60 cases were rejected. It raises questions about who has the power to reject a case and on what basis is the case being rejected. These are extremely important issues that have direct impact on the democratic system.

Something doesn't smell right there and perhaps time will tell.

They were rejected by numerous courts all over the country because they were ridiculous filings. The lawyers who filed them should sanctioned or disbarred.
Do a little work. You can get copies thru the freedom of information act.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:47

daspyknows
I was talking to a friend last night. An old friend of his (Grateful Dead connection from the 1980s) was there yesterday. He went down the Q-Anon rathole this past summer and is insisting is was all peaceful and lovey dovey. Claims it is all made up by antifa and the fake media. When asked about the pictures and videos he claims none of it is real.

How do you reason with people like this?

I would take away his Grateful Dead card, doesn't sound like a hippy to me. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:47

In addition to our representatives having to flee the chamber in terror, hide under desks, phone loved ones to potentially say last goodbyes, have to be helped down the basement (some at 80 yo) stairs, they had to subject themselves to being barricaded with covidiots, some of whom helped incite the insurgence.

Date: January 7, 2021 21:50

Koen
This has been fueling for many, many years. Remember the Tea-Party?

Yes, I remember the 80 year olds in wheelchair's and walkers looting stores and burning down businesses and police stations. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Or were you referring to the protest of 1773? I'm old but not that old! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 21:57 by kovach.

Date: January 7, 2021 21:53

stickyfingers101
TooTough
Maindefender
TooTough
As one can see, Trump finally made America great again eye rolling smiley

Really, now we are associating looks to someone's character. Is that how you would automatically feel if you saw these three walking down any street? on a trail? at the grocery store? working at a hospital?

The picture is part of that occasion. The guy wears a Trump shirt and
a MAGA hat, so the association is what THEY want.

so, when is Duck Dynasty airing this episode?

[www.aetv.com]

The new show will be called Trumps Neo-nazis in Guantanamo Bay.

Date: January 7, 2021 21:53

This from Rep. Katie Porter sums up where we are.
Accountability will be forthcoming.

Date: January 7, 2021 21:54

TooTough
Maindefender
TooTough

Really, now we are associating looks to someone's character. Is that how you would automatically feel if you saw these three walking down any street? on a trail? at the grocery store? working at a hospital?

Several of these guys were seen at BLM rallies too. Were they protesting them or participating in them? I really don't know. Antifa has been known to blend into a movement and start causing trouble to make it look bad. I think they did it with BLM quite frankly, turned a peaceful and meaningful protest into riots. It doesn't take many idiots to make the masses look bad.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:55

TheGreek
MileHigh
There is another important issue that I want to raise.

What happened yesterday was atrocious and unacceptable. I watched it in horror and disbelief.

President Trump was apparently watching it on TV or online just like everybody else. He made a terrible decision by not acting. It was a complete and total failure of his leadership. The moment he saw protesters trying to breach the perimeter security of the US Capitol he should have IMMEDIATELY called for it to stop. It's a connected world and the people protesting would have seen it on their cell phones in minutes. It absolutely unacceptable that he did not act.

Now to the issue. Dozens or more people have posted that Trump incited the crowd to attack the Capitol building and he is directly responsible for what happened.

The truth is that in a court of law that would never fly. He did NOT incite his supporters to do what they did. His words do NOT say that at all.

And here is where each and every one of you that made that allegation have to take a step back and think. When you knowingly and willingly make false propaganda, then you are part of the problem. It's a slippery slope, and if 50 of you are doing this, what are you capable of doing next? You have to speak the TRUTH. It's very important.

Here is the TRUTH: Trump did not incite his followers to commit violence. He FAILED to tell his followers to STOP committing violence. And that's almost as bad.

You need to take a step back and think about these things. When I see people all jumping into some kind of feeding frenzy where you are all uttering false propaganda with no evidence that it is true, where does that lead? The answer is that it can lead to a very very bad place where innocent people can get hurt.
Did Trump call on them to GO to the Capital yesterday ? and to disrupt the proceddings ?

Go to the Capitol = yes...but, that's not illegal

Disrupt = yes....in a way....but, not in any way that I see as "inciting a riot" or some other illegal act...."cheering" (or booing) is not a crime.

what it means to "show strength" or "weakness" is far too debatable and subjective to convict him on that phrase.....IMO

again...what I believe personally is different than what I believe is convictable behavior based on evidence presented in a court of law....

besides, ya gotta get an ENTIRE Jury to agree to convict...unanimously. Never gonna happen w/ the quote he gave and all his money and lawyers...no prosecutor would even touch that sure-loser.

Personally? I blame Dumpy (and others, like Ted Cruz) for causing/creating this mess (and I blame the Capitol Police for massive negligence and incompetence)

Trump was childish, stupid, irresponsible and just plain gross....but that doesn't mean what he did was against the law.

....cops opening the barricades for the rioters? Well...that might be another matter...

Trumps Quote:

"And after this, we're going to walk down there, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down ... to the Capitol and we are going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women," Trump told the crowd. "And we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong.

Date: January 7, 2021 21:56

MisterDDDD
MileHigh

Who the people were is not relevant. The issue is the content of the cases themselves. I find it hard to believe that high-powered legal teams are going to present frivolous junk to the court. Especially not spanning 60 separate cases.

Really??

“Voters, not lawyers, choose the president. Ballots, not briefs, decide elections,” Judge Stephanos Bibas wrote as the 3rd U.S. Circuit panel refused to stop the state from certifying its results for Democrat Joe Biden, a demand he called “breathtaking.”

All three of the panel members were appointed by Republican presidents.

And they were upholding the decision of a fourth Republican, U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann, a conservative jurist and Federalist Society member. Brann had called the campaign’s legal case, which was argued in court by Rudy Giuliani, a “haphazard” jumble that resembled “Frankenstein’s monster.”
[apnews.com]

Is Rudy melting or did he see Borat’s daughter again?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 7, 2021 22:00

as a progressive democrat living in a rural sparcley populated part of washington state I
am surrounded by trump banners and flags some so large they are hung on the sides of mountians and are visable for miles the chief of police in the small town near where I live built a 20 foot gold painted trump tower in his front yard 20 feet from a grade school his kids play in it over the summer a small group of middle aged women and there daughters held a small BLM protest by the post office which consisted of them holding signs chanting and waving at cars as they passed they were spit on had things thrown at them and were called terrible thing including a 10 year old girl who was spit on
and called a nigger lover and yet they came back to protest again next week and the locals orginized a mob of 200 armed men and women waving confedarete trump and white supremacist flags and banners spiting on and barrating these women and girls until they left then spent two hours parading through town chanting USA & trump 2020 when asked by the local paper his response the mayor who watched all this from city hall said it looked like freedom the next month sombody hung a maniquin dressed up to look like our govenor jay insleee from a tree in front of the court house with a noose around its neck and nobody took it down for 3 days nobody wears a mask in any of the stores that I am forced along with my elderly mother & father to shop in by necessity when I talk to people about my favorite subject the stones I have heard multible people ranging from 20 to 70 call mick a faggot not fag but faggot and this is a blue state yet I know conservitive republicans who are good people who despise trump and what he stands for and find all of this revolting and they know that I am a libral and they ask me what I think and I tell them to stay in there party and changed it I don't know what else to say to them I will close with this my neighbour was a 98 year old ww2 veteran who was a out spoken racist and yet he could not bring himself to vote for trump in 2016 despite having voted republican since the 1940's saying he couldn't vote for him calling him a bigoted fascist after charletville I talked to him and he said to me through tears that that the country he and his brother who died in france fought for is dead and that @#$%& had won after all he died 2 weeks later I don't have any more to say except this has to stop

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: January 7, 2021 22:00

TheGreek
Did Trump call on them to GO to the Capital yesterday ? and to disrupt the proceddings ?

My presumption is that he did not call on them to disrupt the proceedings. On top of that, if there was a quote of him doing that I think it would be all over the news today. So right now I am assuming that you are propagandizing. Unless you can give a source with a direct quote.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 7, 2021 22:01

Please DO NOT post any more voter fraud comments or conspiracy theories here. They will be deleted. It is a done discussion. The US legal system have spoken. The voters have spoken. Biden is the US President as of Jan 20. End of discussion.

I may have deleted a post or two too much because there have so many posts her about the election being stolen. Sorry about that. Again, please make life easier by NOT posting any explanation as of why Trump never accepted the loss. He did not. Fine. But still he wanted to a BIG BIG riot in D.C. last night. And it happened. That is the real problem.

Bjornulf

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 7, 2021 22:06

eismann
My thoughts when I went to bed last night: Open up Alcatraz again and send them all in. Maybe he can even play golf there.

Thank you bjornulf for this thread

We don't want these idiots in Alcatraz. I can see it from my living room and dont want Trumpanzees living there. NIMBY I know.

Date: January 7, 2021 22:07

Bjornulf

Date: January 7, 2021 22:08

"With his loyal No. 2 no longer so loyal in his eyes and with Congress poised to spend the day brushing aside the protests he had nurtured about the Electoral College outcome,
Mr. Trump urged his supporters to take another step

We want to be so respectful of everybody,” Mr. Trump said, before describing his political opponents as bad people. “And we are going to have to fight much harder. And Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us, and if he doesn’t, that will be a sad day for our country. Because you’re sworn to uphold our Constitution.”

"Calling the outcome of the election “this egregious assault on our democracy,” he said his supporters should “walk down to the Capitol.”

“We are going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women,” he continued, “and we are probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them — because you will never take back our country with weakness.”

Mr. Trump did not in fact accompany the supporters he pressed to fight for him; he returned to the White House and berated aides about how the scene had appeared, before attacking Mr. Pence on Twitter for his stand.

[www.nytimes.com]

Date: January 7, 2021 22:09

MileHigh
georgie48
MileHigh
daspyknows
MileHigh
bv
FACTS:
More than 60 legal cases have been rejected by the legal system.

But if you never even get to present your case then you never get a chance to present any of your evidence. I find it strange that all 60 cases were rejected. It raises questions about who has the power to reject a case and on what basis is the case being rejected. These are extremely important issues that have direct impact on the democratic system.

Something doesn't smell right there and perhaps time will tell.

Many of these cases were thrown out by Trump APPOINTED judges. The Supreme Court rejected the cases brought before them and Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Barrett (all Trump appointees) rejected the cases. What more do you need?

Who the people were is not relevant. The issue is the content of the cases themselves. I find it hard to believe that high-powered legal teams are going to present frivolous junk to the court. Especially not spanning 60 separate cases.

It must have been the "eagles" (not the band) who wanted to finally get rid of that uncontrollable "vulture" ... They first thought he could be of use, but ... a vulture will always be a vulture ... maybe they know by now.
cool smiley

Whoever the "eagles" are, and if they exist, they are the enemy of the people. I really hope you are not going down that rabbit hole, because that's another awful thing that we still have to deal with after so many decades.

Trump and the mob of Trumpanzees are the enemy of the people. If you support them so are you.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 7, 2021 22:11

MileHigh
There is another important issue that I want to raise.

[...]

Now to the issue. Dozens or more people have posted that Trump incited the
crowd to attack the Capitol
building and he is directly responsible for what
happened.

The truth is that in a court of law that would never fly.
He did NOT incite his supporters to do what they did. His words do NOT say that at all.[...]

It´s always the same with right wing politicians when something bad happens.
"I didn´t say that" or "I didn´t mean that".

Before the mob went to the Capitol he said in public:
"None of us want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical left Democrats, which is what they are doing."

The mob was just doing what he shouted for years: Yesterday they just
wanted to "lock them up",
they were about to "drain that swamp". They wanted to "end the steal".

nytimes:

"Before the president took the stage, his personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani
addressed the crowd and called for “trial by combat” against the
Democrats to win the election. Mr. Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr.,
warmed up the audience by warning of
challenges to Republican members of Congress who did not back the
pro-Trump efforts: “We’re coming for you,” he said."

The Trump transcript from yesterday, before the crowd made its way:

[www.rev.com]

Just read his speech, it´s full of things heating up the crowd. They are
yelling "Fight for Trump" and he says "Thank you."

"Our brightest days are before us, our greatest achievements still wait. I think one of our great achievements will be election security because nobody until I came along, had any idea how corrupt our elections were. And again, most people would stand there at 9:00 in the evening and say, "I want to thank you very much," and they go off to some other life, but I said, "Something's wrong here. Something's really wrong. Can't have happened." And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don't fight like Hell, you're not going to have a country anymore."

And why did he say "We love you. You’re very special.
You’ve seen what happens, you see the way others are
treated that are so bad and so evil. I know how you feel
But go home, and go home in peace”

after he had seen the violence inside of the Capitol?

Date: January 7, 2021 22:12

MisterDDDD
In addition to our representatives having to flee the chamber in terror, hide under desks, phone loved ones to potentially say last goodbyes, have to be helped down the basement (some at 80 yo) stairs, they had to subject themselves to being barricaded with covidiots, some of whom helped incite the insurgence.

One actually tested positive today.

[www.kansascity.com]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 7, 2021 22:13

Trump is an evil sick man.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()

thumbs up BV. I'm glad the truth is readily discernible to you and others outside the US.

MileHigh
TheGreek

My presumption is that he did not call on them to disrupt the proceedings. On top of that, if there was a quote of him doing that I think it would be all over the news today. So right now I am assuming that you are propagandizing. Unless you can give a source with a direct quote.

You're seriously meaning that this didn't contribute to stoking the flames?

<We have to fight much harder ...
We gonna walk down - and I will be there with you - to the Capitol ...
You never take back our country with weakness - you have to be strong ...
Our country - Our country - Our country have been under siege for a long time ...>

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()

bv

very interesting to see the different headlines and images chosen.

I think 'The Economist' wins....

oh...and Kanye and Whatever Kardashian are getting divorced?????

sorry, BV...I couldn't resist when I saw the cover of "Blick"

(FYI - you're doing a great job w/ all of this...I could never do it...thanks as always)

Date: January 7, 2021 22:15

kovach
TooTough
Maindefender
TooTough

Several of these guys were seen at BLM rallies too. Were they protesting them or participating in them? I really don't know. Antifa has been known to blend into a movement and start causing trouble to make it look bad. I think they did it with BLM quite frankly, turned a peaceful and meaningful protest into riots. It doesn't take many idiots to make the masses look bad.

You are one of them. Passing off trash like that is just wrong. It was the right wing nutjobs dressed in black pretending to be "antifa", not the other way around. Lies like this disgust most people.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 7, 2021 22:20

MileHigh
TheGreek

Trump is extremely good at playing the game of subtlety when delivering a message.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

Success is not enough everyone else must fail.

Nate

Date: January 7, 2021 22:21

Date: January 7, 2021 22:21

MileHigh
Rocknroll1969
They were rejected by numerous courts all over the country because they were ridiculous filings. The lawyers who filed them should sanctioned or disbarred.
Do a little work. You can get copies thru the freedom of information act.

I am operating on presumption, I am just speculating. And like many other people I have heard allegations that sound like they might be credible. I have not seen the people in the media do any follow-ups on them but I am mostly a news skimmer. That's all that I know.

What about you, did you actually do the research and review all 60 filings? Are you qualified to make a judgement call, do you have a legal background?

By credible allegations you mean the heavy edited videos on YouTube? No major lawyers would take the cases because it would damage their reputations. That’s why McDonald Trump was using melting Rudy and the Traffic lawyer. Do some research. Trump has been lying for at least 50 years. New York State and New York City have nice presents for the Trump family a couple of months after he leaves office. Watch what happens.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: January 7, 2021 22:28

Watching the chaos yesterday at the Capital was shocking, but not surprising. It was disgraceful and Trump’s “encouragement” of it was shameful, if not unlawful. I pray for unity, but am not optimistic.

Date: January 7, 2021 22:36

The source of the front page pictures is the New York Times:

‘Once Upon a Time, There Was America’: Front pages tell the story.

Bjornulf

Date: January 7, 2021 22:40

Please do not quote posts in this thread.
If you quote, please max one quote, not quote a quote nested again and again.
Multiple quotes may be deleted, if one of the quoted statements is offending or false.
Right now, there is a high number of "they stole the election" talks here.
All these will be deleted, also in quoted comments.

Make your statement/comment stand on it's own, and it will stay here, as long as it is not offending or false.

Thank you!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 22:41 by bv.

Date: January 7, 2021 22:41

stickyfingers101
daspyknows
kovach

You are one of them. Passing off trash like that is just wrong. It was the right wing nutjobs dressed in black pretending to be "antifa", not the other way around. Lies like this disgust most people.

geez...talk about unnecessary.

Kovach CLEARLY wrote "I really don't know"...

and as for the rest of his post, there were clearly some bad-actors that infiltrated some BLM protests and turned them violent/destructive....I have no idea if they were AntiFa or just common criminals...but it DID happen.

....otherwise, just regular-ol' BLM protestors themselves caused the violence/destruction...if you prefer that explanation...

in the end, some BLM protests did turn destructive and somebody did cause it.

from what I read, Kovach simply tried to point that out and to ask some Qs...

try posting something to help clarify rather than engage in a totally unnecessary personal attack.

Oh...and Chewbacca Guy is NOT AntiFa....that's a "Pants On Fire" lie

...of course, to call this guy Chewbacca is an insult to Chewbacca who is the Greatest Movie Character Ever.....

so, I take it back.

Sorry, but not taking one word of it back. Read all of the posts made. If someone tells a lie over and over again it doesn't make it true AND if someone says I don't know but continues to spew lies they DO know and are just trying to obfuscate.

If you go back and watch the videos, windows broken by these guys are not antifa but white supremacists. The umbrellas are used to make the drone capture of footage by police imposiible. [www.startribune.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 22:42 by daspyknows.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1676
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home