Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...166167168169170171172173174175176...LastNext
Current Page: 171 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 7, 2020 01:08

bv
They say we will struggle with the corona virus until most parts of the world is vaccinated. Africa. Asia. Rich and poor. We travel, people meet, the virus does not stop at borders. Luckily there is international work now to finance vaccine to countries who are not stacked with money.

Many elderly, and people at risk, will probably have a vaccine by the first half of 2021, then we will spend 6-12 months of re-vaccination, getting more vaccine, and get it out to all parts of the world.

There is no quick-fix, and there will be people across the world who will ignore the virus at all times. I saw the Georgia crowd yesterday, and the attitude there was the virus is no problem. I think the same attitude is many places. That is why the virus will stay. For a long while still.

May be there will be a requirement of a vaccination certificate to cross borders, like they have with yellow fever. I don't know. We will know a lot more during the next months.

When the entire world is vaccinated, at some point, and the corona virus is not taking thousands of lives per day anymore, like it does today, then we may live our normal lives, and may be, hopefully, there might be another Stones tour. I am sure there will be another one. Probably 2022. Hopefully.

I get that vaccines are the best way to combat it. It would be great to get everyone one and see if that makes it stop. It's just unfortunate that there will be a lot of people refusing to get one. Then there's people that know they have it and get on planes...

I've thought for years that the extinction of the human animal will be because of greed. What kind of greed I have never been able to figure out, it can be simple or difficult to look at, but it looks like a form of it is quite present now and it's incredibly bad in the United States, I can't speak for anywhere else because living in the US and attempting to wade through all the BS is mentally exhausting enough and it manages to change every day and get more ridiculous. I would like to think the mentality of everywhere but the US is not like the US in regard to COVID-19. It seems like that is the case in general but I haven't been able to read enough to really know if that's truly possible or realistic. HA HA I would think so! Do other countries beat their chests like the US? My time in Europe and the Caribbean revealed to me that it's open and welcoming and this is how we are, no attitude.

South Korea maybe?

I find my own concern to be accurate even though I know there's nothing I can do about what happens even a mile from my house yet alone other continents. I know someone that basically says "Screw all those foreigners" about COVID etc and it just blows my mind that that attitude exists in the US, as if the US is impervious to the rest of the world even though the US is entirely made up of people from anywhere else to begin with... and viruses don't care where they're from or where they're going or who they're infecting.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 7, 2020 06:30

GasLightStreet
bv
They say we will struggle with the corona virus until most parts of the world is vaccinated. Africa. Asia. Rich and poor. We travel, people meet, the virus does not stop at borders. Luckily there is international work now to finance vaccine to countries who are not stacked with money.

Many elderly, and people at risk, will probably have a vaccine by the first half of 2021, then we will spend 6-12 months of re-vaccination, getting more vaccine, and get it out to all parts of the world.

There is no quick-fix, and there will be people across the world who will ignore the virus at all times. I saw the Georgia crowd yesterday, and the attitude there was the virus is no problem. I think the same attitude is many places. That is why the virus will stay. For a long while still.

May be there will be a requirement of a vaccination certificate to cross borders, like they have with yellow fever. I don't know. We will know a lot more during the next months.

When the entire world is vaccinated, at some point, and the corona virus is not taking thousands of lives per day anymore, like it does today, then we may live our normal lives, and may be, hopefully, there might be another Stones tour. I am sure there will be another one. Probably 2022. Hopefully.

I get that vaccines are the best way to combat it. It would be great to get everyone one and see if that makes it stop. It's just unfortunate that there will be a lot of people refusing to get one. Then there's people that know they have it and get on planes...

I've thought for years that the extinction of the human animal will be because of greed. What kind of greed I have never been able to figure out, it can be simple or difficult to look at, but it looks like a form of it is quite present now and it's incredibly bad in the United States, I can't speak for anywhere else because living in the US and attempting to wade through all the BS is mentally exhausting enough and it manages to change every day and get more ridiculous. I would like to think the mentality of everywhere but the US is not like the US in regard to COVID-19. It seems like that is the case in general but I haven't been able to read enough to really know if that's truly possible or realistic. HA HA I would think so! Do other countries beat their chests like the US? My time in Europe and the Caribbean revealed to me that it's open and welcoming and this is how we are, no attitude.

South Korea maybe?

I find my own concern to be accurate even though I know there's nothing I can do about what happens even a mile from my house yet alone other continents. I know someone that basically says "Screw all those foreigners" about COVID etc and it just blows my mind that that attitude exists in the US, as if the US is impervious to the rest of the world even though the US is entirely made up of people from anywhere else to begin with... and viruses don't care where they're from or where they're going or who they're infecting.

If you look at the (USA) John Hopkins University data site [www.arcgis.com] (scroll down on the left) you'll see that South Korea, after a good start, is now not doing quite so well.

Scroll down even further and you'll see how very well New Zealand and Australia are doing. In Australia we have, to all intents an purposes, eliminated local transmissions. Where I live (Victoria, same as Rockman) there have been no community transmissions for 39 days. Zero. 39 days. Nationally there are, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, a small number of infections being brought in by inbound travellers. Inbound travellers are all subject to 14 days quarantine, and when here are expected to keep to our rules (which are now very relaxed).

We have had zero deaths since late October. (The JHU graph shows a recent death, but that was a reclassification of a death from some time earlier in the year)

It breaks my heart to see the plague proportions of this infection in the USA (and the UK and many other places). Almost two people a minute are dying from the infection in the USA, and about 150 per hour are getting infected.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 7, 2020 10:42

Australia must me the smartest country in the world when it comes to fighting covid-19.

Covid in Australia: Melbourne to exit 112-day lockdown (BBC 26 November 2020)

Travel between states was banned. Now Victoria/Melbourne is out of their lockdown. South Australia did a similar but much shorter lockdown, action on a few cases, and they are already out of that lockdown.

South Australia to end coronavirus lockdown three days early after pizza worker's 'lie' (ABC News 20 November 2020)

Most countries do too little too late. By doing a quick and complete lockdown when case numbers grow fast, it is much easier to open up schools and other business, and test/trace work is much easier.

Denmark is going into lock down now. Schools, travel, work, bars, restaurants are closing:

[ekstrabladet.dk]

We will probably see more lock down action this month, in countries, as leaders across the world face the facts about ever increasing cases and deaths from covid-19.

Bjornulf

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 7, 2020 11:18

bv
Australia must me the smartest country in the world when it comes to fighting covid-19.

Covid in Australia: Melbourne to exit 112-day lockdown (BBC 26 November 2020)

It's important to include New Zealand. Arguably they have done even better than Australia. Only just though! smiling smiley

bv
Travel between states was banned. Now Victoria/Melbourne is out of their lockdown. South Australia did a similar but much shorter lockdown, action on a few cases, and they are already out of that lockdown.

South Australia to end coronavirus lockdown three days early after pizza worker's 'lie' (ABC News 20 November 2020)

Most countries do too little too late. By doing a quick and complete lockdown when case numbers grow fast, it is much easier to open up schools and other business, and test/trace work is much easier.

The pizza worker event illustrates very well why test/trace works well with small numbers, but is overwhelmed when the numbers get into the several hundred per day.

That ONE South Australia event resulted in about 5,000 people being traced very quickly and then isolating for the appropriate time. Simply impossible to do on scale.
bv
Denmark is going into lock down now. Schools, travel, work, bars, restaurants are closing:

[ekstrabladet.dk]

We will probably see more lock down action this month, in countries, as leaders across the world face the facts about ever increasing cases and deaths from covid-19.

If only.

Whilst the news from California of a serious lockdown was encouraging, I was amazed to see that in the UK (where a 4 week lockdown has just ended) was that there were people at football matches and crowds at the shops. Real crowds.

My deeply jaundiced view of the UK Prime Minister was very much shaped by seeing him on television boasting, yes actually boasting, to some school children that all he'd ever done at school was study Latin and Greek, and yet he still got to be Prime Minister.

To restore the political balance, I read a quote the other day by a UK writer that he never thought he'd want to see the (virtual) return of Margaret Thatcher. She'd have sorted it out. She had a science degree, a Chemistry PhD and worked very very very hard all of the time. I astonish myself by agreeing with that comment.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 7, 2020 11:44

Captain Corella: businesses have to survive and people need to go about their daily lives. The nation is sick of Covid-19 and, quite frankly, ludicrous 'tier systems' I'm all for social-distancing and wearing a facial-covering, but that should be it. We need to live. Those who are petrified are welcome to stay in their bunker until there's a vaccine and Covid-19 is under control. That's their choice.

Date: December 7, 2020 12:16

New Zealand are doing just as great as Australia. Both have the unique advantage of being islands. You can't really swim there, from abroad, you can't take the train, and all airports are under rules with immigration quarantine etc. I don't think they allow visitors at all, expect if you own a passport from NZ or Australia, then they take you into a quarantine, test, test, test, then they allow you getting home.

Quantas - the main airliner in Australia - have stated they will require a covid-19 vaccine certificate in order to board with them, whenever they will open up for travel from abroad. Rejecting the vaccine will probably be a way of staying home, i.e. if you do not accept the covid-19 vaccine, then you will not be able to travel to many places.

I hear this all the time: "We have to keep business open". How can you keep business open when hospitals are overwhelmed by covid-19 cases? How can you keep business open when there are a bunch of freezer containers in the backyard of the larger hospitals? Fact is, the tougher you are with a lock down, the faster you may open up.

Bjornulf

Date: December 7, 2020 12:26

bv

I hear this all the time: "We have to keep business open". How can you keep business open when hospitals are overwhelmed by covid-19 cases? How can you keep business open when there are a bunch of freezer containers in the backyard of the larger hospitals? Fact is, the tougher you are with a lock down, the faster you may open up.

Hi, bv. No hospital in the U.K. is currently overwhelmed by Covid-19.

Date: December 7, 2020 12:56

Big Al
bv

Hi, bv. No hospital in the U.K. is currently overwhelmed by Covid-19.

That is good news. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Football fans return to some professional games in England: Poll finds division among supporters (BBC 2 Dec)

Clubs in certain areas of England can now allow a limited number of supporters into their stadiums following a relaxation of coronavirus restrictions.

The nationwide lockdown in England ended at midnight, meaning clubs in tier one of the new restrictions can have up to 4,000 fans attend matches, with up to 2,000 allowed at games in tier-two areas.

Bjornulf

Date: December 7, 2020 13:00

bv

That is good news. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Football fans return to some professional games in England: Poll finds division among supporters (BBC 2 Dec)

Clubs in certain areas of England can now allow a limited number of supporters into their stadiums following a relaxation of coronavirus restrictions.

The nationwide lockdown in England ended at midnight, meaning clubs in tier one of the new restrictions can have up to 4,000 fans attend matches, with up to 2,000 allowed at games in tier-two areas.

Yes, I noticed that fan's are being allowed to return to matches in small numbers. It's certainly a step in the right direction thumbs up

Date: December 7, 2020 19:14

CaptainCorella
GasLightStreet
bv

South Korea maybe?

If you look at the (USA) John Hopkins University data site [www.arcgis.com] (scroll down on the left) you'll see that South Korea, after a good start, is now not doing quite so well.

Scroll down even further and you'll see how very well New Zealand and Australia are doing. In Australia we have, to all intents an purposes, eliminated local transmissions. Where I live (Victoria, same as Rockman) there have been no community transmissions for 39 days. Zero. 39 days. Nationally there are, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, a small number of infections being brought in by inbound travellers. Inbound travellers are all subject to 14 days quarantine, and when here are expected to keep to our rules (which are now very relaxed).

We have had zero deaths since late October. (The JHU graph shows a recent death, but that was a reclassification of a death from some time earlier in the year)

It breaks my heart to see the plague proportions of this infection in the USA (and the UK and many other places). Almost two people a minute are dying from the infection in the USA, and about 150 per hour are getting infected.

I wasn't clear enough about that - the question of South Korea was in league with the chest beating of the US.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 7, 2020 19:41

Business does NOT "have to survive" especially at the risk of suicide by everyone else to help it to do so. Screw "business", "business" concerns have stopped us from doing anything material about a lot of big issues, just starting with global warming. The real point is there are just too many people on this planet and all of them depend on some global business for their everyday life. This cannot continue forever, there are already highly diminishing returns. Covid is a Godsend in a way, removes the decision making from those whose agendas would make them rich and everyone else a slave, because their decision making the past fifty years has been abysmal and very short sighted in relation to everyone but themselves. Maybe with a billion less people we might manage to survive another 100 years; without that population drop, I just don't see it happening. Or at least not at the standard of living we in developed countries have become used to and take for granted.

Maybe its time to recall that stupid song, Don't Fear the Reaper. The real heroes in the years to come will be those who gracefully submit to the inevitable.

jb

Date: December 7, 2020 19:43

There is an issue in the US currently with the thought of another lockdown and that it can't ie shouldn't because of businesses going under etc.

Fine, stay open and "be in business". However, duhhhhhh, if people are infected and staying home or people are dying and people are staying home because of that well placed fear, and businesses are open but no one is showing up, what difference does it make to be open? There will be new complaints - no one is supporting us!

That's the liberty part that is frustrating. As if just by being open everything is fine.

It does sound to me that a lot of those people saying such a thing are the ones that have the idiotic belief that whoever is going to take their guns away. How that one remains a talking point I'll never understand but the US is full of drama queens that love to complain and make everything political and gaseously prattle conspiracies, as in "the Dems" usual kind of thing, not necessarily one person.

It's become quite a drag to face the political vomit of people because of their beliefs and not facts, which I get is difficult to figure out but gee, sorry it requires just a little bit of an open mind, effort and the constant one, time, which we all have plenty of until we die. I am an independent voter so I will talk a bit with some about past, present and whatever future but when it comes to debates or arguments with people because of their political position, durrrrr, regardless of that, debating/arguing about it all changes NOTHING (even if it is facts), but it does limit who to hang out with, and it's getting quite lonely.

Where I live there are several restaurants that are pretty good (in regard to here, not compared to Manhattan etc) and that hilarious ding dong Guy Fieri visited one place, that had recently moved, with his hilarious little show. It was the usual "the best anywhere" garbage and all that - but the people of the town new better, and who supports a local business?

People that live there.

Less people showed up after that show aired. They had press clippings etc. My family went (we didn't know about the show until we walked in and saw the clippings, we were just going to check out the new bigger place because the previous one was quite small and it had been a while so, see if it's worth bothering with - we did see it after and had a good laugh). Their "all you can eat shrimp" was not as promoted. We let some friends know and we never went back.

They closed down and put on their social media page that because no one supported them they had to close. They complained that people stopped showing up, that it was the people of the town's fault that they closed.

Clearly it was. After all, if you go to a place and it sucks, why go back? You'd tell your friends not to bother, and since nothing was done to improve anything, no one was ever told that anything improved, so... bye.

That kind of mentality is thriving with the "schools and businesses need to be open" attitude, even though people are getting sick at both. OK. Be open. But if no one shows up because they're paying attention to the science and the owners are going strictly on what they believe, beliefs/opinions are not facts, and when it's your livelihood, obviously evolving a bit isn't happening.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 7, 2020 20:46

1,000,000 new cases in only 5 days

[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 7, 2020 20:56

Big Al
Captain Corella: businesses have to survive and people need to go about their daily lives. The nation is sick of Covid-19 and, quite frankly, ludicrous 'tier systems' I'm all for social-distancing and wearing a facial-covering, but that should be it. We need to live. Those who are petrified are welcome to stay in their bunker until there's a vaccine and Covid-19 is under control. That's their choice.

Stupidity like this is why countries like the US and UK are not like Australia and New Zealand. The most ridiculous part of this statement is highlighted. There are many essential (sacrificial) workers who do not have the option of staying home in their bunker while Covidiots are out infecting them.

Date: December 7, 2020 20:59

GasLightStreet
There is an issue in the US currently with the thought of another lockdown and that it can't ie shouldn't because of businesses going under etc.

Fine, stay open and "be in business". However, duhhhhhh, if people are infected and staying home or people are dying and people are staying home because of that well placed fear, and businesses are open but no one is showing up, what difference does it make to be open? There will be new complaints - no one is supporting us!

That's the liberty part that is frustrating. As if just by being open everything is fine.

It does sound to me that a lot of those people saying such a thing are the ones that have the idiotic belief that whoever is going to take their guns away. How that one remains a talking point I'll never understand but the US is full of drama queens that love to complain and make everything political and gaseously prattle conspiracies, as in "the Dems" usual kind of thing, not necessarily one person.

It's become quite a drag to face the political vomit of people because of their beliefs and not facts, which I get is difficult to figure out but gee, sorry it requires just a little bit of an open mind, effort and the constant one, time, which we all have plenty of until we die. I am an independent voter so I will talk a bit with some about past, present and whatever future but when it comes to debates or arguments with people because of their political position, durrrrr, regardless of that, debating/arguing about it all changes NOTHING (even if it is facts), but it does limit who to hang out with, and it's getting quite lonely.

Where I live there are several restaurants that are pretty good (in regard to here, not compared to Manhattan etc) and that hilarious ding dong Guy Fieri visited one place, that had recently moved, with his hilarious little show. It was the usual "the best anywhere" garbage and all that - but the people of the town new better, and who supports a local business?

People that live there.

Less people showed up after that show aired. They had press clippings etc. My family went (we didn't know about the show until we walked in and saw the clippings, we were just going to check out the new bigger place because the previous one was quite small and it had been a while so, see if it's worth bothering with - we did see it after and had a good laugh). Their "all you can eat shrimp" was not as promoted. We let some friends know and we never went back.

They closed down and put on their social media page that because no one supported them they had to close. They complained that people stopped showing up, that it was the people of the town's fault that they closed.

Clearly it was. After all, if you go to a place and it sucks, why go back? You'd tell your friends not to bother, and since nothing was done to improve anything, no one was ever told that anything improved, so... bye.

That kind of mentality is thriving with the "schools and businesses need to be open" attitude, even though people are getting sick at both. OK. Be open. But if no one shows up because they're paying attention to the science and the owners are going strictly on what they believe, beliefs/opinions are not facts, and when it's your livelihood, obviously evolving a bit isn't happening.

Brilliant comment.

Date: December 7, 2020 21:10

It is hard to work from home if you are a bus driver, a taxi driver, a nurse or a doctor, or if you work in a low-paid factory meat line supplying cheap meat to the consumers. The pandemic is highly unfair when it comes to who is able to escape from it, and who is taking the toll.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 7, 2020 21:17

daspyknows
Big Al

Stupidity like this is why countries like the US and UK are not like Australia and New Zealand. The most ridiculous part of this statement is highlighted. There are many essential (sacrificial) workers who do not have the option of staying home in their bunker while Covidiots are out infecting them.

Hurling insults rarely works to convince people to listen to you.

generally, it has the opposite effect.

just saying.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: December 7, 2020 21:47

stickyfingers101
daspyknows
Big Al

just saying.

Stickyfinger101 I could not agree more. Ad hominem attacks aren't going to sway an opinion. Logic may, but that is a 50/50 proposition.

What levels the playing field for some (those not attempting to manipulate) is when someone you knows gets sick and has lasting injury or worse dies. I know people that were HELL BENT on touring until a band member got sick, went to the hospital and died. People that continued with their lives like Covid-19 was a hoax became asymptomatic, visited a grandparent who was isolated and got them sick (the grandmother died). Both are real world things that happened to friends I know.

It would be one thing if everyone followed the various health organizations guidelines to the letter. UNFORTUNATELY at least here in United States, adherence has been difficult. Our world maybe about to see a PDLE (pandemic death level event) that will prove Darwin was right again.

Date: December 7, 2020 21:53

daspyknows
Big Al

Go and have a little cry, yeah? Look, I’ve stated countless times: I am for the wearing of face-coverings and, when necessary, social distancing. I do not, however, feel lockdowns and tier systems are necessary anymore. Our nation has, largely, had enough.

Date: December 7, 2020 21:57

bv
It is hard to work from home if you are a bus driver, a taxi driver, a nurse or a doctor, or if you work in a low-paid factory meat line supplying cheap meat to the consumers. The pandemic is highly unfair when it comes to who is able to escape from it, and who is taking the toll.

I attended my place-of-work throughout lockdown. I do not want to work from home. I wouldn’t wish to work from home, even I were paid twice the rate.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 8, 2020 00:04

Big Al
bv

I attended my place-of-work throughout lockdown. I do not want to work from home. I wouldn’t wish to work from home, even I were paid twice the rate.

And it's all about what you want, right Big Al? You're the poster child.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-08 00:06 by steffialicia.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 8, 2020 00:28

stickyfingers101
daspyknows
Big Al

just saying.

thumbs up
It seems to be the only way he can argue. As stated before, there can't be a debate if he's just going to act like a little kid.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 8, 2020 00:54

Been watching the BBC News here in UK and great to know that the first vaccination of the multi nation produced vaccine that has been given the go ahead will be given tomorrow morning.
This has been a great achievement from many countries from all over the world,and could go a long way to save our world.
My dear 94 year old Mum in her Care Home will be one of the first in line hopefully to get the jab and her general health has been pretty good lately.
They have had two recent covid cases with staff there but no residents so not sure how things will effect the jabs for residents.
God Bless every vulnerable person who gets the jab and hopefully this will be the beginning of a great future for our world. smileys with beer

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 8, 2020 01:01

I think that there is room for optimism when it comes to the vaccinations.

First of all, we already have a "cold chain" for the delivery of products like ice cream. Governments can commandeer those resources for the distribution of the vaccine. We can all do without ice cream for three months.

Secondly, we know that senior citizens are in the second or third tier for getting vaccinated. There will be millions of retired nurses and doctors that can volunteer to work in vaccination centers as soon as they have immunity. So instead of having 10 stations at your local community center for getting vaccinated, as soon as the retired health workers come online there will be 110 vaccination stations at your local community center.

Don't be surprised if the percentage of people vaccinated and immune by March 31st is much higher than what the current predictions are stating.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 8, 2020 01:12

This breaking news isn't going to help.

Trump administration officials passed when Pfizer offered in late summer to sell the U.S. more vaccine doses.

"Trump administration officials passed when Pfizer offered in late summer to sell the U.S. government additional doses of its Covid-19 vaccine, according to people familiar with the matter. Now Pfizer may not be able provide more of its vaccine to the United States until next June because of its commitments to other countries, they said."
[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 8, 2020 01:16

And we are really living through a climax. If you know what an exponential function is, things look quite scary right now. And at the same time we have the vaccine. Two conflicting forces in a kind of great battle.

Do NOT drop your guard over the next four months. In the middle of the summer I was wearing my double-cartridge filter mask and looking like a spaceman and occasionally getting strange looks. Not so much anymore.

And part of me wants to SCREAM at the two-plus months of disinformation at the beginning of the year where our medical experts and politicians were telling us not to wear masks. It's so bad that I seriously think that after this is over there should be various inquiries leading to criminal prosecutions. We can't have people in leadership roles and in power acting like spineless jellyfish.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 8, 2020 01:37

MisterDDDD

Trump administration officials passed when Pfizer offered in late summer to sell the U.S. more vaccine doses.

"Trump administration officials passed when Pfizer offered in late summer to sell the U.S. government additional doses of its Covid-19 vaccine, according to people familiar with the matter. Now Pfizer may not be able provide more of its vaccine to the United States until next June because of its commitments to other countries, they said."
[www.nytimes.com]

It’s amazing how these evil @#$%& end up in the halls of power they should be nowhere else but on the fringes of society.

Nate

Date: December 8, 2020 01:37

stickyfingers101
daspyknows
Big Al

just saying.

They are not listening either way. Some people don't get it until they get it bad and by then its too late. Take Rudy Giuliani as an example.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 8, 2020 05:03

MisterDDDD

[www.nytimes.com]

Bad about administration but perhaps Pfizer should go get their tax incentives & subsidies from the other countries for a change.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: December 8, 2020 06:53

MileHigh
First of all, we already have a "cold chain" for the delivery of products like ice cream. Governments can commandeer those resources for the distribution of the vaccine. We can all do without ice cream for three months.

The Pfizer vaccine requires minus 70 degrees Celsius. That is WAY colder than ice cream is stored. Very specialized freezers are needed for that low of a temperature.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...166167168169170171172173174175176...LastNext
Current Page: 171 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2495
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home