Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...294295296297298299300301302303304...LastNext
Current Page: 299 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 14, 2021 03:39

bye bye johnny
Bruce Dickinson Reveals He Tested Positive for Covid — Despite Being Vaccinated

“I’ve pretty much got no doubt that had I not had the vaccine, I could be in serious trouble,” the Iron Maiden singer says

By Kory Grow
August 12, 2021

[www.rollingstone.com]

bye bye johnny
John Bell of Widespread Panic has tested positive for COVID-19:

Important Update: This weekend’s @acllive shows are being rescheduled for October 8-10, 2021.

See link for details >>

[widespreadpanic.com]

[twitter.com]

And the list continues to grow...........

All the Musicians Who Have Spoken Out About Having Coronavirus

And there's others not on that list, including Devo's Mark Mothersbaugh.

“If you have anyone that you know who’s in ICU with COVID, contact them and keep them in touch with the outside world,
because it’s easy to lose track of where you are and why you are. I had no idea I was on a ventilator for 10 days. Time meant nothing."

DEVO

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 14, 2021 05:49

terraplane
daspyknows

There should be a clinical trial using a cocktail of Ivermectin, Hydrochroroquine and Clorox amongst the unvaccinated Covid patients. I bet there will be enough believers who will sign up for the trial. Those who participated in the Tuskegee Experiment were not volunteers, but I would bet we have enough willing for this trial.

You just can't help yourself, can you. Here is a database of ivermectin COVID studies:

Studies

No I can't help myself when I see articles like this [ebm.bmj.com]

Date: August 14, 2021 05:52

Was supposed to see Rebelution, Steel Pulse and The Green at Greek Theater in Berkeley and 2 of the 3 bands cancelled. Vaccination or 48 hour negative test required.

I just found this on SteelPulse.com

PUBLIC SAFETY FIRST
AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM STEEL PULSE
AUGUST 4, 2021
To Steel Pulse Fans,

Due to the ever-evolving Covid 19 Delta variant and the high-risk health concerns to our FANS, band, and crew we unfortunately have come to the difficult decision to cancel our participation in the upcoming "The Good Vibes Summer Tour." We are devastated to share this news with you. We know this will come as an enormous disappointment to all those looking forward to Steel Pulse this summer. We understand the gravity of the situation for all those affected by this announcement and feel it's the right decision for us based on the rapidly changing health and safety information available today.

“One death is one too many. We will continue to make our presence felt via social media, giving you our all. In the meantime, please take heed to the official warnings from health authorities across the world and not be tricked by the false information that has now become overwhelmingly unbearable, costing lives. Stay safe and considerate of your neighbors within the community. Together we will ride this storm" - David R. Hinds

We want to thank Rebelution for their support in this difficult moment. We look forward to sharing the magnificent power and beauty of reggae music, with you our fans, down the road. We wish the best to our “fan-family.” Be well until we meet again. Rastafari...

STEEL PULSE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-14 06:38 by daspyknows.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 14, 2021 06:01

Where I live, mask mandates do not really matter. That will very soon be determining their participation in their ability to buy, etc things.

MASKS, not vaccines.

They will be shunned, turned away, maybe even banned. Their attitude, "I was going to spend a lot of money and now I'll leave a bad review" means ZERO.

I look forward to the destruction of their idea of society because of their mindset.

Date: August 14, 2021 06:06

Musicians are scrapping tour dates again as COVID cases spike. See who has canceled

Pandemic

Here we go again.

Stevie Nicks, Lynyrd Skynyrd and other musical acts are canceling or postponing tour dates once more as the highly contagious Delta variant of COVID-19 continues to sweep across the United States.
Several musicians have returned to the stage as the country gradually reopens for the first time since COVID-19 vaccines became widely accessible. But some have begun to back out of performances as the recent surge in coronavirus cases takes an increasing toll — primarily on the unvaccinated community. Other performers — such as the Foo Fighters, the Eagles, Phish, Dead & Company and Maroon 5 — are requiring concertgoers to produce proof of immunization before entering their shows. AEG Presents, the promoter of marquee music events such as Coachella, announced this week a mandatory vaccination policy for staff and fans at upcoming shows. Meanwhile, some major festivals are already canceling this year's dates, with more likely to follow suit. As of Thursday, 63% of Californians had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine — but hospitals are quickly becoming overwhelmed after seeing coronavirus hospitalizations double over the span of a few weeks. The new wave of live music cancellations is, of course, reminiscent of the beginning of the pandemic, when musician after musician — from BTS and Billie Eilish to Khalid and Mariah Carey — began scrapping their planned 2020 concert appearances slowly, and then all at once. Here's a running list of artists who have altered their 2021 touring schedules so far.

Tony Bennett - After performing back-to-back, sold-out shows with frequent collaborator Lady Gaga last week at New York's Radio City Music Hall, famed crooner Bennett will no longer go on tour this fall as planned. “There won’t be any additional concerts,” Bennett's son told Variety Thursday. ”This was a hard decision for us to make, as he is a capable performer. This is, however, doctors’ orders. ... He’ll be doing other things, but not those upcoming shows." Earlier this year, Bennett's family revealed that the veteran musician had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. In addition to his health complications, Bennett's advanced age — he just turned 95 — places him firmly in the high-risk category for COVID-19. "It’s not the singing aspect but, rather, the traveling," his son told Variety. "Look, he gets tired. ... [D]oing concerts now is just too much for him. We don’t want him to fall onstage, for instance — something as simple as that.” Titled “One Last Time: An Evening With Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga," the singer's recent appearance in the Big Apple already had hinted at Bennett's retirement from live performing. Still on the horizon, however, is his second and final joint album with Gaga, "Love for Sale" — out Oct. 1.

Stevie Nicks - On Tuesday, legendary Fleetwood Mac rocker Nicks, 73, announced her reluctant decision to abort a string of upcoming tour dates in Colorado, California, Texas and Louisiana. "These are challenging times with challenging decisions that have to be made," the "Edge of Seventeen" hitmaker explained via Twitter. "I want everyone to be safe and healthy and the rising Covid cases should be of concern to all of us. "While I'm vaccinated, at my age, I am still being extremely cautious and for that reason have decided to skip the 5 performances I had planned for 2021. Because singing and performing have been my whole life, my primary goal is to keep healthy so I can continue singing for the next decade or longer. I'm devastated and I know the fans are disappointed, but we will look towards a brighter 2022."

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd pulled out of its forthcoming shows in Ohio, Mississippi, Georgia and Alabama last week after longtime guitarist Rickey Medlocke tested positive for COVID-19. Lynyrd Skynyrd's Aug. 13 appearance in Atlanta has been moved to Oct. 23. "Rickey is home resting and responding well to treatment," the group said in a statement. "We will continue to update you on his condition."

Michael Bublé - Canadian singer-songwriter Bublé also amended his touring schedule last week "due to concerns over the rising number of Coronavirus infections." The "Just Haven't Met You Yet" artist's August concert appearances in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida have all been rescheduled to October, while new dates for the South American leg of the tour "will be announced shortly," according to Bublé's Twitter account.

Limp Biskit - On Monday, rap-rock band Limp Bizkit, which performed at Lollapalooza in Chicago late last month, indefinitely postponed the remainder of its August tour dates "out of an abundance of caution and concern for the safety of the band, crew and most of all the fans," according to a statement. "In short, the system is still very flawed," frontman Fred Durst told Billboard. "Even if the performers, crews, staff, and promoters do their best to ensure safety on and behind the stage, that doesn’t ensure the safety of the audience as a whole." Tickets purchased online for shows in New York, New Hampshire, Virginia, Nebraska and Texas will be automatically refunded.

Joe Russo's Almost Dead - On Wednesday, Grateful Dead cover band Joe Russo's Almost Dead postponed its upcoming indoor shows in Wisconsin and Missouri to late March, while canceling multiple appearances in Michigan and New Orleans. "After much consideration and discussion, we believe it's in the best interest of our fans, band and crew to err on the side of safety and caution at this time," the group said in a statement. "As of now, we will continue playing [select] shows with ... additional safety precautions. ... As the year progresses, we will make decisions based on the best data available with the health and safety of ourselves and our fans in mind. We apologize for the bad news and deeply appreciate your understanding."

String Cheese Incident - On Thursday, Colorado jam band the String Cheese Incident canceled its weekend performances in Kentucky and Ohio after one of its members tested positive for COVID-19 — "despite all being vaccinated." "We are super bummed we can't play music for y'all, but this is how the world seems to run these days," the group said in a statement. "Thanks for the continued support, and we look forward to crossing paths soon." As of Friday, the band's shows starting again Aug. 19 are still on.

(This story originally appeared in Los Angeles Times)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 14, 2021 06:30

Jimmy Buffett has 9 more live dates for 2021.

So far he hasn't cancelled anything.

Date: August 14, 2021 07:32

Dr. Scott Gottlieb expects coronavirus to be an ‘endemic’ virus in U.S. after delta surge

Coronavirus

Dr. Scott Gottlieb told CNBC on Friday he expects the coronavirus to become an endemic virus in the U.S. and other Western countries after the recent surge in delta variant infections calms down. “We’re transitioning from this being a pandemic to being more of an endemic virus, at least here in the United States and probably other Western markets,” Gottlieb said on “Squawk Box.” An endemic virus is one that remains in the American population at a relatively low frequency, like the seasonal flu, for example. Gottlieb — commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration from 2017 to 2019 during the Trump administration, and now a board member at several companies including vaccine maker Pfizer — has previously said “true herd immunity” for Covid may actually be impossible with new infections occurring in the years ahead. “It’s not a binary point in time, but I think after we get through this delta wave, this is going to become more of an endemic illness where you just see sort of a persistent infection through the winter ... but not at the levels that we’re experiencing certainly right now, and it’s not necessarily dependent upon the booster shots,” Gottlieb added Friday.

Gottlieb said he expects the spread of the highly transmissible delta variant to remain noteworthy in the weeks ahead. “You’re going to see the delta wave course through probably between late September through October,” Gottlieb said. “Hopefully we’ll be on the other side of it or coming on the other side of it sometime in November, and we won’t see a big surge of infection after this on the other side of this delta wave.” The tri-state region of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut will begin to see an uptick in delta cases as rates slow down in the South, Gottlieb said. “This is a big country and the delta wave is going to sweep across the country in a regionalized fashion,” he said. “By September, hopefully you’ll see the other side of that curve in the South very clearly, but cases will be picking up in the Northeast, the Great Lakes region, maybe the Pacific Northwest. …
It’s probably going to coincide with a restart in school, some businesses returning if you look at last summer as well.”

Gottlieb’s comments Friday morning came before the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention gave final approval to begin distributing Covid vaccine booster shots to recipients of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines who have weakened immune systems. The CDC’s approval followed a unanimous vote earlier Friday to recommend the booster shots from its Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. It now allows the shots to reach vulnerable individuals such as organ transplant recipients, as well as cancer and HIV patients. A day earlier, the FDA approved booster shots for people who have weakened immune systems. They represent about 2.7% of the U.S. adult population but make up about 44% of hospitalized Covid breakthrough cases in fully vaccinated individuals, according to recent data from the CDC. Gottlieb said being able to deliver booster shots to those Americans, helping fortify their immunity protection, will drive the U.S. further into the “endemic phase.” “I think that this is a policy call as much as a public health call that U.S. officials want to continue trying to promote first vaccinations before they pivot to giving people booster shots,” Gottlieb said about the FDA’s Thursday announcement.

Among those people Gottlieb believes should receive Covid booster shots soon are nursing home residents, who tend to be older and have underlying conditions that make them more vulnerable to Covid. That’s particularly worrisome as the delta variant moves into Northern states, and their initial round of vaccinations moves further in the rearview mirror, he said. “I would be worried about nursing homes right now, the infection getting into those settings against the backdrop where you have a patient population that probably has declining immunity and is more vulnerable than they were certainly five months ago.”

----------------------------------

Speaking of the Pacific Northwest:

Delta variant linked to troubling spike in COVID cases in Washington state

"Washington state health officials said Friday that COVID-19 cases are spreading like wildfire because of the delta variant,
which has brought a surge of patients to hospitals and now threatens to overwhelm many medical centers...."
The state is now reporting daily case counts in the 3,000 range for the first time since the surge in cases last winter.

Dr. Elizabeth Meade, who works at Swedish Hospital, shared a photo that captures the current situation for healthcare workers: frustration and exhaustion.
“We are not out of the woods," she said, adding that she now wears full personal protective equipment while at work, including an N95 face mask and eye goggles.
"In fact, we are deep in the woods right now in a way we haven’t seen in quite some time.”

More> Delta variant

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-14 07:42 by Hairball.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 14, 2021 08:49

Scheduled my third shot, I hope I don't have any bureaucratic issues getting it, but if so I'll keep rescheduling till I get it. I hope everyone else who's immunocompromised or needs #3 for other reasons gets theirs soon too!

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 14, 2021 10:28

treaclefingers
to terraplane.

I thought we agreed not to interact. It's one thing to try and get knowledge here and another to introduce lies.

You said India's introduction of that drug was the reason they bent the curve. It wasn't, as Dandy pointed out.

You couldn't even pull a source for this 'information'.

So you either lied purposely, or introduced a lie into this thread where we're having an actual discussion and trying to enhance understanding.

For some reason this bothers you...then don't hang out in this thread. But please stop trying to pollute it with nonsense. You just look like a no-mind jerk.

to treacle:
I don't remember agreeing not to interact with you. You are confusing me with someone else? Maybe Midnight Toker? To make it clear for you, I am suggesting invermectin may have been a contributing factor not the sole reason. I posted a link in response to Dandy. See above. Here is a video that at 1.15 mark talks about ivermectin use in Uttar Pradesh. Also mention Brazil and Peru:

Youtube

I have no problem with sharing info and others disagreeing. Resulting to personal insults such as calling someone a liar is uncalled for. Don't be one of those people treacle.I am sure you are better than that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-14 11:29 by terraplane.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 14, 2021 14:00

Aquamarine
The FDA approved third shots for immunocompromised people, O happy day, O happy daaaaayyyyy . . . hot smiley

I'll be getting a booster. Already talked to doc about it yesterday. Thursday afternoon I went to a baseball game. It was the first time I'd been out to a public event since COVID started. I was still a bit nervous but it turned out that the crowd was very small. I had a whole section to myself. I'm a bit more concerned about a concert on August 23. I may take a pass on it. Tickets were cheap (Mammoth WVH). We'll see how things look then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-14 14:03 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 14, 2021 14:17

GasLightStreet
Where I live, mask mandates do not really matter. That will very soon be determining their participation in their ability to buy, etc things.

MASKS, not vaccines.

They will be shunned, turned away, maybe even banned. Their attitude, "I was going to spend a lot of money and now I'll leave a bad review" means ZERO.

I look forward to the destruction of their idea of society because of their mindset.

Fair enough point...but, it means the business doesn't get that money.

turning away customers = turning away money.

that's a losing business strategy, IMO.

restaurants and bars will be those who face destruction.

People don't "have to" go out to eat and the vast majority of restaurant industry has a brutally-tight, razor-thin bottom line....

60% of restaurants fail within 1 year....80% within 5 years.

[www.cnbc.com].

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 14, 2021 15:04

I just have one question: when can people from Europe (in my case the Netherlands) travel to the USA? Is there some upcoming news about? I still have my tix for Nashville and Dallas and I really want to go, but as we speak we are not allowed too because of the COVID-measures. Time is ticking. I really hope for some good news asap so I can book my flight tickets and Enjoy the greatest RNR band of all time. Even without Charlie.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 14, 2021 15:44

terraplane
treaclefingers
to terraplane.

I thought we agreed not to interact. It's one thing to try and get knowledge here and another to introduce lies.

You said India's introduction of that drug was the reason they bent the curve. It wasn't, as Dandy pointed out.

You couldn't even pull a source for this 'information'.

So you either lied purposely, or introduced a lie into this thread where we're having an actual discussion and trying to enhance understanding.

For some reason this bothers you...then don't hang out in this thread. But please stop trying to pollute it with nonsense. You just look like a no-mind jerk.

to treacle:
I don't remember agreeing not to interact with you. You are confusing me with someone else? Maybe Midnight Toker? To make it clear for you, I am suggesting invermectin may have been a contributing factor not the sole reason. I posted a link in response to Dandy. See above. Here is a video that at 1.15 mark talks about ivermectin use in Uttar Pradesh. Also mention Brazil and Peru:

Youtube

I have no problem with sharing info and others disagreeing. Resulting to personal insults such as calling someone a liar is uncalled for. Don't be one of those people treacle.I am sure you are better than that.

OMG just stop please. Your source is a 'doctor-submitted' youtube video. Sorry, I thought we'd agreed not to interact...if not before, maybe we just could now?

Date: August 14, 2021 18:25

GasLightStreet
Jimmy Buffett has 9 more live dates for 2021.

So far he hasn't cancelled anything.

Cuz dood is wasting away in Margaritaville.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 14, 2021 20:20

Quint Davis on why the 2021 New Orleans Jazz Fest was canceled: 'Safety, reality, finances'

BY KEITH SPERA | Aug 13, 2021

New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival producer Quin Davis looks out at the crowd while standing on the festival's main Acura Stage at the Fair Grounds on April 29, 2018.
Photo by Chris Granger, NOLA.com

[www.nola.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 14, 2021 20:21

Booster (3rd) shots are coming sooner rather than later.
As soon as they are available/recommended for the gen public, I will be in line.

COVID-19 VACCINE
CVS and Walgreens offering 3rd dose of COVID-19 vaccine for those with weakened immune systems

CVS Pharmacy and Walgreens are both now administering COVID-19 booster shots, but only for those with weakened immune systems.

It comes after the Food and Drug Administration ruled that transplant recipients and other similarly immune-compromised patients can get a third dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. But the decision offers an extra dose only to those high-risk groups - not the general public.
[abc7ny.com]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 14, 2021 20:34

Word.
Quint makes a lot of sense and is being logical and realistic.
I feel bad for him, he's been trying to get the Stones from day 1 and it keeps back-firing on him.

I also agree with his statement regarding the vaccine mandate for entry.

"Jazz Fest co-producer AEG Presents announced this week that its upcoming festivals will require proof of vaccination for admittance. Davis considered that option, but questioned its effectiveness and feasibility: “Can you do it honestly and not just have them wave a piece of paper and walk in?”"

There is no way any of these shows or festivals can check and verify every single person in attendance.

Date: August 14, 2021 20:36

From Wolf Van Halen, 8/13:

[twitter.com]

Date: August 14, 2021 20:37

MisterDDDD
Booster (3rd) shots are coming sooner rather than later.
As soon as they are available/recommended for the gen public, I will be in line.

COVID-19 VACCINE
CVS and Walgreens offering 3rd dose of COVID-19 vaccine for those with weakened immune systems

CVS Pharmacy and Walgreens are both now administering COVID-19 booster shots, but only for those with weakened immune systems.

It comes after the Food and Drug Administration ruled that transplant recipients and other similarly immune-compromised patients can get a third dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. But the decision offers an extra dose only to those high-risk groups - not the general public.
[abc7ny.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 14, 2021 22:36

After big county fair, virus hits hard in rural Mississippi

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A rural Mississippi community is overwhelmed with COVID-19 cases, two weeks after hosting the Neshoba County Fair that drew thousands who lived in cabins, attended shoulder-to-shoulder outdoor concerts and listened to stump speeches — including one by the Republican governor, who decried federal masking guidance as “foolish.“

Frustrated by rising COVID-19 infections, the chief executive officer of the 25-bed Neshoba General Hospital posted a message on social media this week challenging Gov. Tate Reeves to step up and show leadership.

“@tatereeves hospitals and healthcare workers need you to help us. Where are you?” Lee McCall wrote Tuesday on Twitter. “We are overwhelmed with the surge of Covid and understaffed to safely care for our patients. Our incredible staff are holding it together but we are all at our breaking point.”

This week alone, Mississippi has broken its single-day record of new COVID-19 cases three times, with more than 3,000 cases reported Tuesday, more than 4,000 Thursday and more than 5,000 Friday. The state on Thursday broke records for patients hospitalized and patients in ICUs with COVID-19; those numbers increased again Friday. The previous records were in January, before vaccinations were widely available…

Full article here: [www.thestar.com]

Date: August 14, 2021 23:09

SomeTorontoGirl
After big county fair, virus hits hard in rural Mississippi

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A rural Mississippi community is overwhelmed with COVID-19 cases, two weeks after hosting the Neshoba County Fair that drew thousands who lived in cabins, attended shoulder-to-shoulder outdoor concerts and listened to stump speeches — including one by the Republican governor, who decried federal masking guidance as “foolish.“

Frustrated by rising COVID-19 infections, the chief executive officer of the 25-bed Neshoba General Hospital posted a message on social media this week challenging Gov. Tate Reeves to step up and show leadership.

“@tatereeves hospitals and healthcare workers need you to help us. Where are you?” Lee McCall wrote Tuesday on Twitter. “We are overwhelmed with the surge of Covid and understaffed to safely care for our patients. Our incredible staff are holding it together but we are all at our breaking point.”

This week alone, Mississippi has broken its single-day record of new COVID-19 cases three times, with more than 3,000 cases reported Tuesday, more than 4,000 Thursday and more than 5,000 Friday. The state on Thursday broke records for patients hospitalized and patients in ICUs with COVID-19; those numbers increased again Friday. The previous records were in January, before vaccinations were widely available…

Full article here: [www.thestar.com]

Proves ignoring vaccines and masks doesn't work well to halt the spread of the virus. The Mississippi governor Tate Reeves is a boob. Wouldn't trust him to make the right decision on pretty much anything.

Date: August 14, 2021 23:37

Shakey Graves postponed three shows earlier this week and has now postponed the remaining August dates:

Hey folks,

Due to the current rise in the Delta variant I’ve decided to reschedule the rest of my August headline shows to later dates (TBA). My main concern is my team and the safety of every audience member and having shows right now just doesn’t feel right. Most venues and cities are starting to take the right precautions, but for the moment the stakes are too high, and hospital beds too few. The shows can be made up, be safe. I truly apologize for any inconveniences.

More info on the new date will be made available as soon as possible and your tickets will be honored for the new date. Please contact your point of purchase with any questions.

- love A

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 14, 2021 23:46

Bummer for the Shakey Graves fans, but an understandable decision - seems the reasonable/right thing to do now considering the current Delta surge, the shortage of hospital beds, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-14 23:48 by Hairball.

Date: August 14, 2021 23:57

Watershed Music Festival linked to more than 160 COVID-19 cases throughout two states

by Gerald Tracy
August 13th 2021

EPHRATA, Wash. – A large music festival is now under investigation as a mass COVID-19 spreading event.

Watershed Music Festival, held in George, Washington, is where Grant County health leaders are saying 160 people have contracted the virus.

All cases have been reported in people from King, Grant, Pierce, Skagit, Kittitas, Okanogan, Whatcom, Kitsap, San Juan, Lincoln and Stevens counties who were at the festival. The festival reportedly had about 20,000 people there.

Officials say an Oregon resident also tested positive and their case has been tied to the festival.

“As of today, we are aware of over 160 lab confirmed COVID-19 cases across Washington state in people who attended the event. We expect more cases to be confirmed in the coming days,” said Laina Mitchell, Communicable Disease Coordinator for Grant County Health District. “The outbreak is the first one traced to an outdoor entertainment event since the lifting of statewide COVID-19 prevention measures at the end of June.”

[komonews.com]

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 15, 2021 11:25

AEG Presents, the concert and live events promoter behind Coachella and the New Orleans Jazz Fest & Heritage Festival, said Thursday it will require proof of vaccination for all US ticketholders and crew, starting Oct. 1.

Date: August 15, 2021 14:17

From Korn, August 14:

[twitter.com]

Date: August 15, 2021 16:36

Live Nation to Require Vaccination or Negative Test at All Venues, Festivals

Guidelines go in effect on October 4th, the same date all of concert giant’s employees must be vaccinated

By DANIEL KREPS
August 14, 2021

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 15, 2021 18:09

Soon you won’t be able to go for a piss without being vaccinated.

Nate

Date: August 15, 2021 18:10

Nate
Soon you won’t be able to go for a piss without being vaccinated.

Nate

we piss anywhere man.

Date: August 15, 2021 19:48

The US health care system 'is breaking,' expert says as Covid-19 hospitalizations for people in their 30s hit new high

Coronavirus

With primarily unvaccinated Covid-19 patients filling up hospitals and intensive care unit beds, the US health care system "is breaking," one expert said, as new admissions hit another record.
The rate of new Covid-19 hospitalizations among people in their 30s increased by nearly 300% over the past month, according to an analysis of data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
New Covid-19 hospital admissions among people between the ages of 30 and 39 are now the highest since the pandemic began, eclipsing the prior record seen in January , according to the data. The alarming uptick is stretching health resources thin as many hospitals struggle to meet the demand of those who need crucial medical care. "The system is breaking," CNN medical analyst, Dr. Jonathan Reiner, told CNN's Jim Acosta Saturday. "It's not just the beds. Many hospitals can find beds in places like parking structures or cafeterias. But it's qualified people to staff those beds. And the United States is critically short on ICU nurses, so finding the qualified staff to take care of critically ill patients becomes increasingly hard," said Reiner, a professor of medicine and surgery at George Washington University.

Covid-19 infections and hospitalizations have climbed in recent weeks as the more contagious Delta variant grips the nation. And although millions who are eligible to get vaccinated have not received their first shot, Reiner believes it's time to consider booster shots for those who are already vaccinated. "I think, in particular, we should be boosting health care personnel many of whom, like me, were immunized eight months ago," Reiner said.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Thursday authorized an additional vaccine dose to be administered to people with compromised immune systems. And on Friday, vaccine advisers to the CDC voted unanimously to recommend the additional dose for some immunocompromised people. CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky quickly endorsed the vote, which means people can begin getting third doses right away. Dr. Anthony Fauci, who heads the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told CBS this week the data doesn't yet indicate everyone will need boosters shots of the vaccine, but that could change. "It's likely that that will happen at some time in the future," Fauci said. "We don't feel at this particular point, that apart from the immune-compromised, we don't feel we need to give boosters right now." As of Saturday, 50.6% of the total US population was fully vaccinated, CDC data shows.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

NIH director: COVID-19 infections among children 'very worrisome'

Delta

The director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) said on Sunday that he is worried about the number of pediatric COVID-19 cases, noting at least 400 children have died from the virus. “We are also seeing a sharp rise in the number of pediatric cases, both unvaccinated kids and vaccinated kids who are getting COVID from this new delta variant. How bad could that spike in pediatric cases get?” Fox News Sunday’s Chris Wallace asked NIH Director Francis Collins. “That's very worrisome. I think traditionally people kind of considered, ‘Well, you know, kids aren't going to get that sick with this.’ More than 400 children have died of COVID-19. And right now we have almost 2,000 kids in the hospital, many of them in ICU, some of them under the age of four,” Collins said. “So anybody who tries to tell you, ‘Well, don't worry about the kids, the virus won't really bother them,’ that's not the evidence. And especially with delta [variant] being so contagious, kids are very seriously at risk. And it's up to all of us to do everything we can to protect them, as well as we're trying to protect everybody else at the same time,” he added.

Children under the age of 12 have not been authorized to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, a concern among parents who are worried about the spread of the delta variant. The spread of the delta variant among unvaccinated communities with the U.S. has worried health officials who anticipate even higher caseloads within weeks. Collins said on Sunday that the pandemic "is going very steeply upward with no signs of having peeked out."
"So I will be surprised if we don't cross 200,000 cases a day in the next couple of weeks," he added.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...294295296297298299300301302303304...LastNext
Current Page: 299 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home