Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...230231232233234235236237238239240...LastNext
Current Page: 235 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 19, 2021 02:53

Nice day up here in the SF Bay area and went out with my son for some outside day drinking. Took BART there, had a few drinks sitting outside. Patio half full at most, indoors mostly empty. Was enjoyable. Lyft home. Been a long time since I got to do that.

I did hear that the place was packed with unmasked college students since this is one of the few bars near the Cal campus that is open.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 19, 2021 03:18

bleedingman
I seldom agree with Bill Maher but he nails it this time:

I never wear a mask outside. Though I see some runners doing this, which is crazy and anti-scientific. The outdoors air is not full of germs and viruses. Inside is a different matter. Retail stores demand masks on where I live. If I got on an airplane I would double mask.

Inside is highly variable. Outside is a big fat zero, a nothing. Baseball game in an outdoors stadium. Or a Stones concert held in one-- No mask. And one could always bring a battery powered fan to blow across your face. This would be a sight. (lol) I would not go to an indoors hockey or basketball game. Too confined a situation.

No vax so far. I never get the flu or the common cold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-19 03:19 by triceratops.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 19, 2021 03:29

Being outdoors doesn’t mean you’re safe from COVID-19 – a White House event showed what not to do

What behaviors could put you at risk outside?

To get a sense of how easy it is to put yourself at risk outdoors, look at crowd photos from the White House Rose Garden event on Sept. 26. About 200 people attended that ceremony, and at least 12 tested positive for the virus within days, including President Donald Trump and two senators. When and where each person was infected isn’t known, but several behaviors at the Rose Garden ceremony raised the risk of getting or sharing the virus.

The first problem with this scene: Very few people were wearing face masks.

[theconversation.com]

Date: April 19, 2021 04:56

triceratops
bleedingman
I seldom agree with Bill Maher but he nails it this time:

I never wear a mask outside. Though I see some runners doing this, which is crazy and anti-scientific. The outdoors air is not full of germs and viruses. Inside is a different matter. Retail stores demand masks on where I live. If I got on an airplane I would double mask.

Inside is highly variable. Outside is a big fat zero, a nothing. Baseball game in an outdoors stadium. Or a Stones concert held in one-- No mask. And one could always bring a battery powered fan to blow across your face. This would be a sight. (lol) I would not go to an indoors hockey or basketball game. Too confined a situation.

No vax so far. I never get the flu or the common cold.

If everyone is vaccinated this should be a safe activity. If there are people sick with Covid it surely is not.

Date: April 19, 2021 13:46

This looks horrible:

[www.worldometers.info]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 20, 2021 16:35

I'm getting my ass kicked by the second shot after effects. I had some trouble after the first shot but it is worse with the second one. Is rather like chemo after effects. Seems to be amplifying my RA issues & I'm not getting around too well at all. Going to try & get back on food today as it didn't go well yesterday. Don't let my story put you off from getting vaccine though. I don't do well with vaccines, even the yearly flu shot. Most likely because of mixing the vaccine with the exotic drugs I have to take to function.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 20, 2021 17:05

crholmstrom
I'm getting my ass kicked by the second shot after effects. I had some trouble after the first shot but it is worse with the second one. Is rather like chemo after effects. Seems to be amplifying my RA issues & I'm not getting around too well at all. Going to try & get back on food today as it didn't go well yesterday. Don't let my story put you off from getting vaccine though. I don't do well with vaccines, even the yearly flu shot. Most likely because of mixing the vaccine with the exotic drugs I have to take to function.

Get well soon!

Date: April 20, 2021 18:34

crholmstrom

Take care. I know it hit me hard too but got through it. You will too.

Date: April 20, 2021 18:34

NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom

Get well soon!

thank you

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 20, 2021 18:55

I'm not one to wish ill on anyone, but, considering he has been a pandemic/Covid denier, it somehow strikes me as poetic justice that Ted Nugent has been tested as positive for having the Covid 19 virus. One can only hope that somehow he learns something from this.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 20, 2021 19:04

Yesterday I got my second dose of the BioNTech, I was a little shaky this morning, laid me down at noon, now I am almost recovered. Good luck and strength to all of you! There may be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Date: April 20, 2021 19:11

dmay
I'm not one to wish ill on anyone, but, considering he has been a pandemic/Covid denier, it somehow strikes me as poetic justice that Ted Nugent has been tested as positive for having the Covid 19 virus. One can only hope that somehow he learns something from this.

He hasn't. He is referring to it as getting hit with the China virus.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2021 19:14

dmay

From the Detroit News (video rant included):

TedNugent-Covid19

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-20 19:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 20, 2021 19:28

That is the thing with Science.....it doesn't really care what you choose to believe in. A whole lot of people that didn't believe in COVID seem to be catching.....COVID.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 20, 2021 19:29

Not going to wish him any ill will either, honestly hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-20 21:28 by MisterDDDD.

Date: April 23, 2021 03:17

Still a very long ways to go here in the US- from CNN:

US has the opportunity to overcome the Covid-19 pandemic but a major challenge lies ahead, expert says
By Christina Maxouris, CNN
Updated 6:41 PM ET, Thu April 22, 2021

Tens of millions of Americans haven't started their vaccinations yet, National Institutes of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins told CNN on Wednesday,
and "a lot of those folks are still not sure that they want to take part in this amazing opportunity to put this virus behind us."

Covid19

On the road toward a return to normalcy, the rapidly climbing number of Covid-19 vaccinations is good news. But a major challenge may lie ahead, a leading health expert says.
Tens of millions of Americans haven't started their vaccinations yet, National Institutes of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins told CNN on Wednesday, and "a lot of those folks are still not sure that they want to take part in this amazing opportunity to put this virus behind us.""We have to really figure out how to get the messages out there so that those who are still undecided get the information they need to see why this is really something they would want to do."

A report published this week warned the country will likely reach a "tipping point" in the next two to four weeks and vaccine supply could outstrip demand (here). Parts of the country have already begun to see that pattern. And younger Americans, many of whom recently became eligible for a shot, are less likely than older residents to claim they have or will get vaccinated, a recent poll found.A report published this week warned the country will likely reach a "tipping point" in the next two to four weeks and vaccine supply could outstrip demand. Parts of the country have already begun to see that pattern. And younger Americans, many of whom recently became eligible for a shot, are less likely than older residents to claim they have or will get vaccinated, a recent poll found. But experts say the US needs much higher levels of vaccination to control the virus. "If we're going to get past this terrible pandemic, it's going to take most of us being immunized. Otherwise, the virus can just keep going on and on," Collins said. So far, roughly 40.5% of the US population has received at least one Covid-19 vaccine dose and about 26.4% is fully vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And efforts -- federal, state and local -- are ongoing to push up those vaccination numbers. "I think our effort shifts, and it shifts to younger people who just don't think about Covid quite as much," Andy Slavitt, the White House senior adviser for Covid-19 response, told CNN.

In Maryland, Gov. Larry Hogan announced a new "all-hands-on-deck" effort to ensure every resident who wants a shot can get one as quickly as possible, including seniors and college students.
"We truly are close to that light at the end of the tunnel. Those of you who have not yet been vaccinated, please go get a vaccine as quickly as you can. Do it for yourself, do it for your family, do it for your friends, and do it so that all of us can put this global pandemic behind us," Hogan said in a statement. While many government leaders are highlighting the proximity to ending the pandemic, Covid-19 numbers in the US are still high. In the past week, a daily average of more than 62,900 Covid-19 infections was reported, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. More than 43,000 Americans are hospitalized with the virus, according to the Department of Health & Human Services. And hundreds of Americans infected with coronavirus die every day. In the past week alone, the US reported more than 4,900 Covid-19 deaths.

In Washington state, Covid-19 cases are increasing in most counties and hospitalizations are up, with a sharp increase in the number of young adults who are hospitalized, said Dr. Umair Shah, the state's secretary of health.
And most counties have also detected variants, Shah said. "Good news (is) that two-thirds of people 65+ are fully vaccinated and more than half of people 50+ have had one #COVID19 #Vaccine dose," Shah said on Twitter. "Bad news is that as close as we are to turning the corner, we are beginning to see a 4th wave and need people to hang on a bit longer." Variants also helped fuel a violent surge of cases in Michigan and officials say that the faster the country gets more shots into arms, the more we lower the chances of dangerous strains fueling further spikes.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 23, 2021 04:41

Not going to wish Mr Nugent ill either, but I hope he dies, and soon. And takes along all those people at the white, repeat, white house garden party. Would make for a much better world.

That's my good vibe message for today. Thank you.

jb

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 23, 2021 15:00

UEFA European Football Championship (2021): Matches in Munich confirmed with a minimum of 14,500 spectators – Seville replaces Bilbao – Dublin matches moved to Saint Petersburg and London - [www.UEFA.com] .

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 23, 2021 15:31

High number of infections in the Netherlands. If they stay high then next week there will be "code black". That means: triage.

Date: April 23, 2021 15:33

Getting my second jab soon. I am SO glad the UK left the EU.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 23, 2021 15:49

Irix
UEFA European Football Championship (2021): Matches in Munich confirmed with a minimum of 14,500 spectators – Seville replaces Bilbao – Dublin matches moved to Saint Petersburg and London - [www.UEFA.com] .

Impressing project! Knowing how fast the new covid-19 variants spread, this is indeed a very optimistic arrangement.

The tournament will take place from 11 June to 11 July 2021.

Key information for EURO 2020 spectators

Each ticket holder will be assigned a dedicated 30-minute entry time slot to arrive at the stadium. You'll also need to wear a face mask at all times. Other measures may include temperature checks or COVID-19 rapid tests, but every stadium will be a little bit different.

COVID-19 related travel restrictions are ever-changing, so you may find it very difficult to plan your travel to a host city from abroad.

Please keep in mind the border entry restrictions and enforced requirements ?at the time of travel. No exemptions will be made for ticket holders. This may include the obligation to quarantine, provide a negative COVID-19 test result, a limit on length of stay, etc. In some cases, entry to a host country from abroad may not be permitted at all.

Saint Petersburg and Baku have confirmed capacities of 50%.

Budapest aims to host 100% of the stadium capacity, but with strict stadium entry requirements for spectators.

Amsterdam, Bucharest, Copenhagen, Glasgow, Rome and Seville will be hosting 25%–33% of the stadium capacity.

London has confirmed a minimum capacity of 25% for the first three group matches and round of 16 match.

Munich aims to host a minimum of 14,500 spectators, corresponding to approximately 22% of the stadium capacity.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-23 15:50 by bv.

Date: April 23, 2021 17:51

SonofHarlemShuffler
Getting my second jab soon. I am SO glad the UK left the EU.

They don't get their second jab in the EU? winking smiley

I'm getting my second in 6 days, btw.

Date: April 23, 2021 18:14

MAF
High number of infections in the Netherlands. If they stay high then next week there will be "code black". That means: triage.

Damn...hoping for the best.

Here in the US, I've been reading and hearing alot about Washington state where the first coronavirus case was reported last year.
Evidently they're going through a 4th wave now, and with all the vaccination hesitancy, seems it's going to continue to worsen - not only there, but throughout the entire country.
Second Pfizer shot for my wife and I tomorrow, and while there might be a small light at the end of our specific tunnel, in the big picture of the country (and the rest of the world), seems any light is still a long ways off.
Seems to be a case of one step forward, two steps back right now vs. the preferable two steps forward, one step back.

Date: April 23, 2021 18:27

Hairball
MAF

Here in the US, I've been reading and hearing alot about Washington state where the first coronavirus case was reported last year.
Evidently they're going through a 4th wave now, and with all the vaccination hesitancy, seems it's going to continue to worsen - not only there, but throughout the entire country.
Second Pfizer shot for my wife and I tomorrow, and while there might be a small light at the end of our specific tunnel, in the big picture of the country (and the rest of the world), seems any light is still a long ways off.
Seems to be a case of one step forward, two steps back right now vs. the preferable two steps forward, one step back.

The rise in Washington has been almost all the "British Variant". Way more contagious & younger people are getting infected at a higher rate with this one. No good! I'm glad I'm done with the shots. Between the vaccine shots & chemo it has been a hellish month. I have next round of chemo Tuesday, so hopefully about a week from now I'll be back to normal. Excited to be getting a haircut in a week! Finally! I did one during the pandemic but that was at least 6 months ago. It's time!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 23, 2021 18:30

DandelionPowderman

They don't get their second jab in the EU?

In Germany, the earliest chance is in June 2021 to get the first jab (general public, without priority). But in 4 federal states there's now a possibility to get a vaccination without priority only with Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca) due to acceptance problems with Vaxzevria in parts of the population.

Date: April 23, 2021 18:58

crholmstrom
Hairball
MAF

The rise in Washington has been almost all the "British Variant". Way more contagious & younger people are getting infected at a higher rate with this one. No good! I'm glad I'm done with the shots. Between the vaccine shots & chemo it has been a hellish month. I have next round of chemo Tuesday, so hopefully about a week from now I'll be back to normal. Excited to be getting a haircut in a week! Finally! I did one during the pandemic but that was at least 6 months ago. It's time!

Stay safe crholmstrom, and as always, hoping all goes well with the rest of your health issues.

And good luck with your haircut!

Date: April 23, 2021 20:02

Hairball
crholmstrom
Hairball
MAF

Stay safe crholmstrom, and as always, hoping all goes well with the rest of your health issues.

And good luck with your haircut!

Thanks Hairball. I hope you & Mrs Hairball get through the second shot with few after effects. From people I talk to the after effects with Moderne are a bit more than Pfizer. It's done now for me. After over a year it's a relief!

Date: April 23, 2021 21:28

Glad to see people getting the vaccines. I just had MyTurn tell be I am now eligible to sign up. I am 2 weeks past my second shot tomorrow. Just bought tickets to my first show this morning too.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 23, 2021 23:05

jbwelda
Not going to wish Mr Nugent ill either, but I hope he dies, and soon. And takes along all those people at the white, repeat, white house garden party. Would make for a much better world.

jb

Ah, the Tolerant Left. Wishing death on someone they don't like or whom they disagree with. And, of course, "white" = evil and only death will satisfy you.

You're an ignoramus.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 24, 2021 00:11

bleedingman
jbwelda

jb

Ah, the Tolerant Left. Wishing death on someone they don't like or whom they disagree with. And, of course, "white" = evil and only death will satisfy you.

You're an ignoramus.

GOOD vibe? Hope there will not be another day of this good vibes day's.....wishing some one dead isn't good

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...230231232233234235236237238239240...LastNext
Current Page: 235 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home