Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...232233234235236237238239240241242...LastNext
Current Page: 237 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2021 09:15

Terrible....

India is spiraling deeper into Covid-19 crisis. Here's what you need to know

By Jessie Yeung, CNN
Updated 12:13 AM ET, Tue April 27, 2021

In February, it seemed like India had gotten Covid-19 under control, with daily cases falling nearly 90% from the peak of the first wave last year.
Now, the country is experiencing the world's worst outbreak. Daily cases have been rising continuously for the past 10 days;
on Monday, India reported 352,991 new cases, breaking yet another record for the highest single-day figure globally.

On the ground, these numbers translate to heart wrenching tragedy. Photos show grieving families dressed in full protective suits at mass cremations,
performing last rites surrounded by dozens of other burning funeral pyres. Hospitals have run out of basic medical supplies, with many patients dying
due to oxygen shortages. Family members are driving from clinic to clinic, frantically searching for open ICU beds for their loved ones.

More. > Covid19

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 27, 2021 09:51

daspyknows
MingSubu
I tested positive with a mild case early on. 2 days of flu like symptoms and messed up taste for a while.

2 people at work caught it this past month. Both only complained about headaches.

Only person, out of numerous people I know who tested positive, had a rough time. She was overweight and complained about difficulty breathing. Her doctor told her to go out and exercise. She did and believes that is what helped her get thru it.

Half the people here, las vegas, don't wear masks. I got my jabs. At this point I can't really give a shit about anyone else. Everything opens back up on the 1st. Can't wait!!!

Yep all those people in India who are sick and dying of Covid are old and overweight. Same for those getting sick in Michigan.

A good friend in Las Vegas's mailman is a single father under 40. Was in great health, not overweight and had no pre-existing conditions. He caught Covid in early November. Spent 12 weeks in the hospital including 8 in the ICU. Has tried to go back to work twice in the last 6 weeks and has been unable to work more than a few days. He is lucky to be alive but is a shell of his former self. For every person who got lucky and didn't get a bad case there is another person who has had their life changed in a bad way or worse.

Exaggerating a little on the 1:1 bro. I knew you would pop off. Lol

Date: April 27, 2021 10:09

You should NOT excercise when you catch covid. That can make your way back to shape even longer. Lots of athletes made that mistake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-27 10:09 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 27, 2021 13:32

I am very sad to hear of peoples hesitancy to take the vaccine on the heels of the pause on the Johnson & Johnson 1 dose vaccine . Then In India the worlds second most populated country COVID-19 is exploding . This is so heartbreaking to watch on the news of the poor peoples suffering and I hope the US leads the way in offering humanitarian assistance to all of the people suffering and the Families losing loved ones . Hear our please for Mercy !

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 27, 2021 16:50

daspyknows
Hairball
With the demand for vaccinations decreasing in the US, there's clearly still a long ways to go until this is over.
But this might entice some people...free doughnuts, hotdogs, beer, burgers, and cheesecake!

From CNN:

Got vaccinated? Here's all the free stuff you can get

Freebies

Maybe McDonalds, KFC, and all the other unhealthy junk food giants will join in.
As for me, a big no to any of that garbage food, I'm fine thanks...getting the vaccine itself was the only enticement I needed.

Same here. All I'd like to see if a vaccine requirement to get on a plane, go to a concert or sporting event or to eat indoors in a restaurant. No vaccine, stay home.

let me get this straight:

a) You had Covid

b) You've had both doses of your vaccine

correct?

but you still want Vaccine Passports to feel safe?

My God, man...your chances of getting Covid (again) are LESS than winning the lottery....your chances of severe infection or complications IF you happen to get Covid (again) are LESS than winning the lottery TWICE....

Follow the science, dude....You are probably THE Most Safe Dude in America when it comes to Covid.

STILL too scared to go to the Stones (or have a meal) after having Covid AND getting your vaccine? Stay home.

Still scared to get on a plane after having Covid AND getting your vaccine? Wear a mask.

Still scared? Wear two masks.

Still scared? You're paranoid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-27 16:54 by stickyfingers101.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 27, 2021 18:12

Whilst I believe a vaccine-passport style document is a possibility for travel purposes, I do not believe the U.K. government will introduce such a thing in the hospitality sector. There’s too many complications and too much opposition. Personally, I’m not opposed in principal.

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: April 27, 2021 18:18

I have taken both Moderna shots and am good to go. I donate blood every 2 months and my last donation showed that I have the Covid antibodies. Lets get our shots and get some concerts going....

Date: April 27, 2021 18:27

I would support a Vaccine Passport . Here's why , You want to fly , prove your vaccinated . You want to attend a major sporting event/live concert , prove your vaccinated . Why should everybody who follows the health and safety guidelines / rules be at risk for contracting illness because of those that want to flout societal and conventional wisdom / guidelines ? Same with Restaurants . At some point pressure exerted should get some results , versus the opposite .

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 27, 2021 18:47

MingSubu
daspyknows
MingSubu
I tested positive with a mild case early on. 2 days of flu like symptoms and messed up taste for a while.

2 people at work caught it this past month. Both only complained about headaches.

Only person, out of numerous people I know who tested positive, had a rough time. She was overweight and complained about difficulty breathing. Her doctor told her to go out and exercise. She did and believes that is what helped her get thru it.

Half the people here, las vegas, don't wear masks. I got my jabs. At this point I can't really give a shit about anyone else. Everything opens back up on the 1st. Can't wait!!!

Yep all those people in India who are sick and dying of Covid are old and overweight. Same for those getting sick in Michigan.

A good friend in Las Vegas's mailman is a single father under 40. Was in great health, not overweight and had no pre-existing conditions. He caught Covid in early November. Spent 12 weeks in the hospital including 8 in the ICU. Has tried to go back to work twice in the last 6 weeks and has been unable to work more than a few days. He is lucky to be alive but is a shell of his former self. For every person who got lucky and didn't get a bad case there is another person who has had their life changed in a bad way or worse.

No exaggeration dude. Figured you would respond that way? All Covid deniers do.

Date: April 27, 2021 19:12

TheGreek
I would support a Vaccine Passport . Here's why , You want to fly , prove your vaccinated . You want to attend a major sporting event/live concert , prove your vaccinated . Why should everybody who follows the health and safety guidelines / rules be at risk for contracting illness because of those that want to flout societal and conventional wisdom / guidelines ? Same with Restaurants . At some point pressure exerted should get some results , versus the opposite .

With aviation, it’s a given. It’ll happen. I doubt they’ll be asking for evidence in public houses up-and-down the UK, though.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 27, 2021 19:30

New Nashville update on lifting restrictions May 14...

[www.wsmv.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 27, 2021 19:34

By Chuck Morris:

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - The Metro Nashville Health Department announced Tuesday that all COVID-19 restrictions except for the county-wide mask mandate will be dropped effective May 14.

The health department has said restrictions would be eased as Davidson County’s vaccination rate increased.

“This is a transitional moment for Nashville as we focus on vaccinations and economic recovery,” Mayor John Cooper said. “As of today, over 40% of Nashvillians have received a vaccine, and we are committed to getting that number up in the coming weeks. The Public Health protections have gradually lifted as cases fell and vaccinations increased. Two and a half weeks from today, every Nashvillian will have had the opportunity to be fully vaccinated. The vaccines are life-saving and economy-saving, so every Nashvillian needs to get a shot to protect yourself, your family, friends and neighbors. I want to thank our businesses for doing the right thing and keeping Nashvillians safe during the pandemic.”

According to the state website, Davidson County has had 40.1 percent of residents receive at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. 27.4 percent are fully vaccinated.

Officials say on May 14th, it will be six weeks since the vaccine became available to all adults in Nashville. Six weeks reportedly corresponds to the time needed to reach full immunity from the slowest of the three vaccines.

The mandate requiring masks to be worn inside will remain in effect with mask-wearing encouraged outside when a person can’t socially distance.

The change will allow 100 percent attendance in restaurants and bars and at events in places like Bridgestone Arena or Nissan Stadium.

“It was a long journey to get us to this place and I am grateful to everyone in Davidson County who has come together to fight this virus.” Dr. Alex Jahangir, Chair of Metro’s Coronavirus Taskforce and Chair of the Metropolitan Board of Health, said. “While we are in the vaccination phase of our response, we must remember the danger has not passed. We need to remain vigilant, get vaccinated and continue to take care of each other.”

The restrictions will be dropped at 12:01 a.m. on May 14.

Nashville first issued COVID-19 restrictions in April 2020 in an attempt to slow the spread of the virus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-27 19:37 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: April 27, 2021 21:52

daspyknows
MingSubu
daspyknows
MingSubu

you did see that MingSubu had Covid, yes?

...so did some of his friends.

AND he said he got his jabs...

"I don't give a $h_t about anybody else" isn't my cup-o-tea...but, he's clearly not a "denier"....

Try reading before you leap to erroneous name-calling.

As for India: We don't have enough demographic info on their latest "wave" to know who is currently dying......but, during Wave #1 2020, just like every other country in the world, India's Corona-Death showed a crystal clear and direct correlation with age....90% of deaths are over 40 year old.

[www.hindustantimes.com]

so, no...it's not ONLY "old people" or "obese people" who are dying....but the correlation couldn't be more crystal clear...anecdotal examples about some random 40 year old does not undermine scientific facts and data compiled across 10s of 1000s of people.

[yourlogicalfallacyis.com]

Date: April 27, 2021 21:56

Big Al
TheGreek

With aviation, it’s a given. It’ll happen. I doubt they’ll be asking for evidence in public houses up-and-down the UK, though.

Once Vax Passports get labeled "racist" (and they will if the trends in this article are true and continue)...they will go away.

[www.nursingtimes.net]

Date: April 27, 2021 21:57

crholmstrom
Hairball
crholmstrom
Hairball
MAF
High number of infections in the Netherlands. If they stay high then next week there will be "code black". That means: triage.

Damn...hoping for the best.

Here in the US, I've been reading and hearing alot about Washington state where the first coronavirus case was reported last year.
Evidently they're going through a 4th wave now, and with all the vaccination hesitancy, seems it's going to continue to worsen - not only there, but throughout the entire country.
Second Pfizer shot for my wife and I tomorrow, and while there might be a small light at the end of our specific tunnel, in the big picture of the country (and the rest of the world), seems any light is still a long ways off.
Seems to be a case of one step forward, two steps back right now vs. the preferable two steps forward, one step back.

The rise in Washington has been almost all the "British Variant". Way more contagious & younger people are getting infected at a higher rate with this one. No good! I'm glad I'm done with the shots. Between the vaccine shots & chemo it has been a hellish month. I have next round of chemo Tuesday, so hopefully about a week from now I'll be back to normal. Excited to be getting a haircut in a week! Finally! I did one during the pandemic but that was at least 6 months ago. It's time!

Stay safe crholmstrom, and as always, hoping all goes well with the rest of your health issues.

And good luck with your haircut!

Thanks Hairball. I hope you & Mrs Hairball get through the second shot with few after effects. From people I talk to the after effects with Moderne are a bit more than Pfizer. It's done now for me. After over a year it's a relief!

We made it through shot #2 safe and sound with nothing more than slightly sore arms. Funny you mention Moderna as that's what my sister had, and after her second shot last month she said she was a hit pretty hard with flu-like symptoms for a day. My brother-in-law had the one shot Johnson and Johnson pre- bloodclot scare, and he had no symptoms at all.

As for where you're at up in Washington state, keep hearing things continue to get worse with cases escalating and younger people in their 30's and 40's filling up hospitals...very sad...and scary.
In contrast, down here in California we're still doing very well with cases continuing to drop....at least for the time being. It all seems a mystery as to how this thing keeps evolving from one state to the next.
Meanwhile, stay extra safe and cautious up there and we'll do the same down here...two weeks until vaccine is fully effective, but even then we'll continue with being cautious.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Article about the 4th wave in Washington:

COVID-19 hospitalizations on the rise in Washington, especially in young people

SEATTLE - The Washington State Hospital Association (WSHA) is expressing concern about the fourth wave of the coronavirus pandemic. Hospitalizations declined in January and February and flattened in March,
but doctors are now seeing an increase in hospitalizations. As of Monday morning, 44 hospitals in the state reported more than 600 hospitalizations, which is the most Washington has seen in months.
"This looks like the same trajectory we saw in November. It's very, very worrisome," said Cassie Sauer, CEO of WSHA. The highly contagious B117 variant is driving the number of cases and doctors say more and more young people are being hospitalized with the virus. "The younger population has pandemic fatigue. They're not wearing their mask or social distancing," said Dr. Josh Griggs, the Chief Quality Officer at Skagit Regional Health. Another concern is that doctors say demand for the vaccine didn't increase after eligibility opened up for adults 16 and up on April 15. They are urging everyone to not be skeptical of the vaccine, saying the benefits of it far outweigh the risks."It's a civic duty at this point to get vaccinated. It's just one of the things you do, it's a courtesy to the rest of the world," said Griggs.

More.> 4th Wave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-27 22:22 by Hairball.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 27, 2021 22:11

stickyfingers101
Big Al
TheGreek

Once Vax Passports get labeled "racist" (and they will if the trends in this article are true and continue)...they will go away.

[www.nursingtimes.net]

When new rules are introduced to the world of aviation they very rarely cease to exist.

Take September 11th as an example where many new rules were introduced as temporary measures and are still in use today 20 years later.

You won’t have to be vaccinated in order to travel but the alternative will be mandatory multiple testing and even possible quarantine to depart and enter many locations with a cost that will in many cases be higher than the price of your flight most people will opt for the vaccine in order for a smoother travelling experience.

Nate

Date: April 28, 2021 00:39

stickyfingers101
Big Al
TheGreek

[www.nursingtimes.net]

Yeah vax passports are racist against stupid white people. Give me a break. They are the ones actively refusing the vaccine. Others are more a case of being convinced and having it made available to them. Those who actively refuse the vaccine are largely limited to one race and they are the more likely to be the racists.

Date: April 28, 2021 00:45

stickyfingers101
daspyknows
MingSubu
daspyknows
MingSubu

you did see that MingSubu had Covid, yes?

...so did some of his friends.

AND he said he got his jabs...

"I don't give a $h_t about anybody else" isn't my cup-o-tea...but, he's clearly not a "denier"....

Try reading before you leap to erroneous name-calling.

As for India: We don't have enough demographic info on their latest "wave" to know who is currently dying......but, during Wave #1 2020, just like every other country in the world, India's Corona-Death showed a crystal clear and direct correlation with age....90% of deaths are over 40 year old.

[www.hindustantimes.com]

so, no...it's not ONLY "old people" or "obese people" who are dying....but the correlation couldn't be more crystal clear...anecdotal examples about some random 40 year old does not undermine scientific facts and data compiled across 10s of 1000s of people.

[yourlogicalfallacyis.com]

Yeah I read it. Someone who has a minor case and then dismisses it as like the flu and claims only old and obese are dying is in denial. Just like someone who drives drunk and claims its ok because I haven't crashed or killed anybody.

I guess Michigan's recent statistics are anecdotal too. Those 20 somethings are really old I guess.

[www.wxyz.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2021 06:32

You know what? I hope they did inject a computer chip in my moderna vaccine.

My expectation now is to NEVER have to renew my driver's license or passport, and that if I need an uber I don't have to phone I just have to think it.

Anything less than that and I'm also pissed at Bill Gates.

Date: April 28, 2021 09:02

daspyknows
stickyfingers101
Big Al
TheGreek

[www.nursingtimes.net]

Yeah vax passports are racist against stupid white people. Give me a break. They are the ones actively refusing the vaccine. Others are more a case of being convinced and having it made available to them. Those who actively refuse the vaccine are largely limited to one race and they are the more likely to be the racists.

‘Stupid white people’? The majority of those I know who are showing scepticism over the vaccine are most definitely not white-skinned; including my partner, whom I’ve disagreed with over the issue. She’ll come around... eventually!

Date: April 28, 2021 13:35

This is a public safety issue , not a racist issue . Society must and will err on the side of safety and caution and if some get there feelings hurt sorry and too bad for you . Society cannot and will not cater to deniers of reality . The statistics and ongoing Pandemic does not discriminate between race, religion , geographic location , or wealth . Ignorance has never been a valid excuse for anything in the history of mankind and civilized society . As one of the posters above mentioned those that don't wan't to vaccinate for their own well being and safety and quality of life will have it tougher period . Sorry , no exceptions when you have massive body counts on a daily basis and funeral pyres all over India . My heart goes out to all of the people suffering and losing loved ones . May God hear our pleas for mercy !

Date: April 28, 2021 13:41

Hairball
crholmstrom
Hairball
crholmstrom
Hairball
MAF
High number of infections in the Netherlands. If they stay high then next week there will be "code black". That means: triage.

Damn...hoping for the best.

Here in the US, I've been reading and hearing alot about Washington state where the first coronavirus case was reported last year.
Evidently they're going through a 4th wave now, and with all the vaccination hesitancy, seems it's going to continue to worsen - not only there, but throughout the entire country.
Second Pfizer shot for my wife and I tomorrow, and while there might be a small light at the end of our specific tunnel, in the big picture of the country (and the rest of the world), seems any light is still a long ways off.
Seems to be a case of one step forward, two steps back right now vs. the preferable two steps forward, one step back.

The rise in Washington has been almost all the "British Variant". Way more contagious & younger people are getting infected at a higher rate with this one. No good! I'm glad I'm done with the shots. Between the vaccine shots & chemo it has been a hellish month. I have next round of chemo Tuesday, so hopefully about a week from now I'll be back to normal. Excited to be getting a haircut in a week! Finally! I did one during the pandemic but that was at least 6 months ago. It's time!

Stay safe crholmstrom, and as always, hoping all goes well with the rest of your health issues.

And good luck with your haircut!

Thanks Hairball. I hope you & Mrs Hairball get through the second shot with few after effects. From people I talk to the after effects with Moderne are a bit more than Pfizer. It's done now for me. After over a year it's a relief!

We made it through shot #2 safe and sound with nothing more than slightly sore arms. Funny you mention Moderna as that's what my sister had, and after her second shot last month she said she was a hit pretty hard with flu-like symptoms for a day. My brother-in-law had the one shot Johnson and Johnson pre- bloodclot scare, and he had no symptoms at all.

As for where you're at up in Washington state, keep hearing things continue to get worse with cases escalating and younger people in their 30's and 40's filling up hospitals...very sad...and scary.
In contrast, down here in California we're still doing very well with cases continuing to drop....at least for the time being. It all seems a mystery as to how this thing keeps evolving from one state to the next.
Meanwhile, stay extra safe and cautious up there and we'll do the same down here...two weeks until vaccine is fully effective, but even then we'll continue with being cautious.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Article about the 4th wave in Washington:

COVID-19 hospitalizations on the rise in Washington, especially in young people

SEATTLE - The Washington State Hospital Association (WSHA) is expressing concern about the fourth wave of the coronavirus pandemic. Hospitalizations declined in January and February and flattened in March,
but doctors are now seeing an increase in hospitalizations. As of Monday morning, 44 hospitals in the state reported more than 600 hospitalizations, which is the most Washington has seen in months.
"This looks like the same trajectory we saw in November. It's very, very worrisome," said Cassie Sauer, CEO of WSHA. The highly contagious B117 variant is driving the number of cases and doctors say more and more young people are being hospitalized with the virus. "The younger population has pandemic fatigue. They're not wearing their mask or social distancing," said Dr. Josh Griggs, the Chief Quality Officer at Skagit Regional Health. Another concern is that doctors say demand for the vaccine didn't increase after eligibility opened up for adults 16 and up on April 15. They are urging everyone to not be skeptical of the vaccine, saying the benefits of it far outweigh the risks."It's a civic duty at this point to get vaccinated. It's just one of the things you do, it's a courtesy to the rest of the world," said Griggs.

More.> 4th Wave
I am fully vaccinated with both doses of the Pfizer vaccine . A coworker got the Moderna and just had his second dose 2 weeks ago and now has blown off work for the 2nd week in a row. Now he is claiming on Facebook that he has Gout in one of his hands . First time I have ever heard about contracting it in your hands , but I Googled it and it says you can get it in any of your joints . So what do I know ?

Date: April 28, 2021 13:42

daspyknows
stickyfingers101
Big Al
TheGreek

[www.nursingtimes.net]

Not a case of racism , just a case of not being enlightened .

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: April 28, 2021 14:54

Lordy, where's Rockman's levity when we need it.

Would love to see all this bickering and negativity calm down. I truly love iorr.org, it's been a longtime retreat for me with my love for the Stones and so many other music related gems (obvious and obscure)- many thanks BV > "peace & love" as someone famous once said... smileys with beer

Date: April 28, 2021 16:00

Second jab scheduled for this Saturday, May 1. Now, to pick my time-slot!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 28, 2021 18:17

TheGreek
daspyknows
stickyfingers101
Big Al
TheGreek

[www.nursingtimes.net]

Everyone who disagrees with the elitist establishment these days is racist didn't ya' know?

"Climate deniers" were recently called racist somehow (which is a misnomer in itself, nobody I know thinks the climate isn't changing, the disagreement is what's causing it and how much is man-made). Just another way to label all people who question the reasons for the change redneck hillbillies.

This whole thing with vaccine passports almost falls into the same category as a national ID, needing an ID to vote, etc. And I see hypocrisy on both sides, the ones who don't want a vaccine passport or a national ID want an ID to vote, and the ones who don't want an ID to vote or a national ID are arguing for a vaccine passport (though I know the concerns around the vaccine passports are around privacy with regards to healthcare status).

Then there's the majority of us normal people in the middle who don't consider half the country racist, think more discussion on what's causing climate change and how better to deal with it would be good (is it really necessary to level everything and start over plunging the world economy into poverty or is there a transition that could avoid that?), and just maybe if an ID is needed to enter just about any office building or to write a check, it might just be necessary for other important things as well.

Date: April 28, 2021 18:35

kovach
TheGreek
daspyknows
stickyfingers101
Big Al
TheGreek

[www.nursingtimes.net]

Everyone who disagrees with the elitist establishment these days is racist didn't ya' know?

"Climate deniers" were recently called racist somehow (which is a misnomer in itself, nobody I know thinks the climate isn't changing, the disagreement is what's causing it and how much is man-made). Just another way to label all people who question the reasons for the change redneck hillbillies.

This whole thing with vaccine passports almost falls into the same category as a national ID, needing an ID to vote, etc. And I see hypocrisy on both sides, the ones who don't want a vaccine passport or a national ID want an ID to vote, and the ones who don't want an ID to vote or a national ID are arguing for a vaccine passport (though I know the concerns around the vaccine passports are around privacy with regards to healthcare status).

Then there's the majority of us normal people in the middle who don't consider half the country racist, think more discussion on what's causing climate change and how better to deal with it would be good (is it really necessary to level everything and start over plunging the world economy into poverty or is there a transition that could avoid that?), and just maybe if an ID is needed to enter just about any office building or to write a check, it might just be necessary for other important things as well.
Very good observations about the use of ID .

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 28, 2021 20:29

Just for the record. If you have got covid-19 in the past, you may get it one more time, due to the many variants. It is in the news again and again. Person xxx had covid-19 last year, in March or April, then the same person xxx got it one more time. You do not have endless immunity. Mostly because of the mutants - the new variants.

If you take the vaccine, your body will build immunity that will make it a lot more difficult for most variants to make you seriously ill. So far they (Pfeizer and Moderna management) estimate 1-2 years protection with their vaccines, but we just have to wait and see, some say you will need another 3rd shot half a year on or so.

Just do not underestimate covid-19. The virus is like the flu, changing through new variants/mutants. Still, unlike the flu, covid-19 is 10-50 times more dangerous. Just look at India, where thousands die every day now, they are out of oxygen, they are out of hospital beds, they are out of cremation sites, and they have a double mutant version of covid-19.

Finally, please post with respect here. No reason to act like you are police or rambo. We are talking about a dangerous virus. No need to make jokes or do harassment vs others.

Bjornulf

Date: April 28, 2021 20:34

Related to the above post, brief story posted in the last hour on CNN:

UK purchases additional 60 million Pfizer/BioNtech doses for booster program
From CNN's Sarah Dean in London

The UK government has purchased another 60 million doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine to support its booster program for the fall, the Department of Health announced on Wednesday.
“Our vaccination program is bringing back our freedom, but the biggest risk to that progress is the risk posed by a new variant,” Health Secretary Matt Hancock said in a statement.
“We're working on our plans for booster shots, which are the best way to keep us safe and free while we get this disease under control across the whole world.
“These further 60 million doses will be used, alongside others, as part of our booster program from later this year, so we can protect the progress that we’ve all made," Hancock said.
Over a quarter of the UK’s population — 13,581,076 people — have received two doses of a Covid-19 vaccine, and more than 33 million people have received a first dose, according to figures from the Department of Health.
In total, the UK has secured access to 517 million doses of eight Covid-19 vaccine candidates, however not all of these have yet been approved by the country’s medicines regulator (MHRA). Rolling reviews are underway by the MHRA to assess the Janssen and Novavax vaccines and clinical trials are ongoing for the Valneva, GSK and Sanofi and CureVac vaccines.

The details are as follows:

Pfizer/BioNTech for 100 million doses, including the additional 60 million doses
Oxford/AstraZeneca for 100 million doses
Moderna for 17 million doses
Janssen for 30 million doses
Novavax for 60 million doses
Valneva for 100 million doses
GlaxoSmithKline and Sanofi Pasteur for 60 million doses
CureVac for 50 million doses

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 28, 2021 21:18

bv
So far they (Pfeizer and Moderna management) estimate 1-2 years protection with their vaccines, but we just have to wait and see, some say you will need another 3rd shot half a year on or so.

One of the pharmaceutical companies, I think Moderna, is talking about combining it with the annual flu shot which would be good.

I won't repeat my story of covid but after having it I jumped at the first opportunity for a vaccination, it was the worst illness I have had in my lifetime.

A buddy of mine recently got out of the hospital with it and was extremely close to needing a ventilator.

It isn't that bad for everybody (I had other friends who had zero symptoms but tested positive due to being exposed) but you just don't know how it will affect you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-28 21:20 by kovach.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...232233234235236237238239240241242...LastNext
Current Page: 237 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home