Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 7, 2020 18:36

GasLightStreet
The Sicilian
Chris Fountain
The Sicilian
Chris Fountain
17-9 again - very different game. Lynch was great and Metcalf stole the show!! Well Wilson ran at the correct times!!! CR me happy for all family!!!

The Bills were slotted by many of the "draft experts" to pick DK Metcalf and they brought him in for a workout but instead, they went with that marshmallow Ed Oliver. What the fuk, all the road teams won this weekend except you guessed it, the Bills. I guess we'll have to watch the Golden Globes, maybe they'll have one for Brady and Watson.

The world is up for the Bills- I see no one standing in their way i winning the AFC EAST next year. Live in Florida but from NC pull Carolina Panthers -we really have issues.

Funny how things work, today while at the super market none other than Ed Oliver walks by me. I've never seen or talked to him before. My first thought, this guy is so undersized for a defensive lineman. He looks more like a linebacker.

I hung out with Steve Gleason years ago. I was floored that I, at 5'11" and 210lbs, made him look like a shrimp.

I've met Marshawn Lynch & he's not tall at all but totally ripped. A ball of muscle, haha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-07 18:37 by crholmstrom.

Date: January 7, 2020 18:38

GasLightStreet
Al Riveron needs to be fired.

The push-off, as slight as it was, from the Vinkings' Rudolph was enough for pass interference yet they didn't even REVIEW the touchdown while later that day in Philly, there was a slight push-off that was called.

Had it been any Saints receiver catching a TD pass flags would've been flying before the ball was caught.

Same thing happened to Seahawks in the SF game week 17.

Date: January 7, 2020 18:39

OpenG
I listened to Pete Caroll and he said its a lot of beast mode on sunday against packers. give it to him 30 times and keep ball away from rogers. If Vikings upset SF and Hawks win - championship game would be in seattle?

Yes!!!!! Go Vikings!!!!!!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 7, 2020 18:48

y: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 7, 2020 18:39

OpenG
I listened to Pete Caroll and he said its a lot of beast mode on sunday against packers. give it to him 30 times and keep ball away from rogers. If Vikings upset SF and Hawks win - championship game would be in seattle?

Yes!!!!! Go Vikings!!!!!!

thanks -

Date: January 7, 2020 18:50

T: NFL 2019 new
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 7, 2020 18:07

OpenG
I agree - not sure who is next on giants list - Bill Cowher please.
I think Josh McDaniels is high on their list.

Not sure Cowher wants to get back in the game...it's been 14 years.

I hope they do not hire an offensive minded coach - I prefer a defensive minded coach - defense always wins championships in the end for the most part.

Date: January 7, 2020 18:55

What who is Joe Judge the giants just hired? bad hire

Date: January 7, 2020 19:44

The reason Matt Rhule blew off the Giants becomes appearant. David Tepper blew up the pay scale for coaches. Rhule getting 8.5 million a year for 7 years with the potential to earn another 1.5 million a year in incentives. Don't think he was going to get that from the Giants. Figure the cost of living in Charlotte vs NYC, Rhule is way ahead. We shall see but looks like a good hire for CAR.

Date: January 7, 2020 20:14

crholmstrom
The reason Matt Rhule blew off the Giants becomes appearant. David Tepper blew up the pay scale for coaches. Rhule getting 8.5 million a year for 7 years with the potential to earn another 1.5 million a year in incentives. Don't think he was going to get that from the Giants. Figure the cost of living in Charlotte vs NYC, Rhule is way ahead. We shall see but looks like a good hire for CAR.
Good points.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 7, 2020 20:51

keefriff99
OpenG

If it's a choice between 15 hour days for a few million all week long or 15 minutes of analysis for a few million on weekends...

Date: January 7, 2020 21:18

by: The Sicilian ()

keefriff99
OpenG

If it's a choice between 15 hour days for a few million all week long or 15 minutes of analysis for a few million on weekends...

Yes no brainer for most - The last 3 coaches have been offensive minded - Ben McAdoo, Pat Shumur and now Joe Judge. Judge was the receiver's coach he did not develop any new talent to help Brady when Krok retired? Now he is hired as NY giants coach?. Why can,t the giants get a well know coach is beyond me anymore.

Date: January 7, 2020 22:11

OpenG

keefriff99
OpenG

Yes no brainer for most - The last 3 coaches have been offensive minded - Ben McAdoo, Pat Shumur and now Joe Judge. Judge was the receiver's coach he did not develop any new talent to help Brady when Krok retired? Now he is hired as NY giants coach?. Why can,t the giants get a well know coach is beyond me anymore.

gronk just retired. he develops guys in 1 season? they had some guys. a rookie who I think got hurt. hoodie traded away the TE to seattle for a 7th round pick and that guy is a star with the seahawks. Hollister or something like that. also judge was the patriots special teams coach too and the special teams was fine

Date: January 7, 2020 22:19

Gronk played tight end, not WR, so I doubt he worked with Judge.

Date: January 7, 2020 22:22

People keep saying that Belichick didn't give Brady any weapons...HE SIGNED ANTONIO BROWN.

If AB didn't self-destruct, who knows where the Patriots would be now? Elite WRs don't grow on trees.

Date: January 7, 2020 22:37

keefriff99

that too. the TE coach for several years has been nick caley.

for WRs they had AB, gone after 1 game. josh Gordon who got traded away. a rookie who got hurt. edleman who was great. dorsett who was good. Demaryius Thomas who got traded away. I mean what else should they do? thye traded and got sanu

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 7, 2020 23:12

If Edleman didnt drop that pass that was right in the numbers in the final minutes of that game they may well be playing this weekend... but there not and I'm sure 90% of Football fans are Thankful for that. Great QB Great Coach amazing run no doubt about it, but shrouded in controversy

Date: January 7, 2020 23:27

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

for WRs they had AB, gone after 1 game. josh Gordon who got traded away. a rookie who got hurt. edleman who was great. dorsett who was good. Demaryius Thomas who got traded away. I mean what else should they do? thye traded and got sanu
Edelman WAS great...key word "was". He had more dropped passes than any WR this year. I think he's washed up...injuries and age are taking him down.

Date: January 7, 2020 23:32

Lol sorry didnt see the WAS...

Date: January 8, 2020 00:00

Yeah you are right about Grok not being a wide receiver and they did try with Gordon and Brown. If it was not for the Giants Brady would of won 2 more Super Bowls with 8. That would be hard for us fans that get tired of all the Brady hype.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: January 8, 2020 08:30

My 49rs have a great D but that Baltimore team is something special.i think we’ll win the NFC but once every few years you get a game changing team.
Three big tight ends and a QB that can run and throw? If Nick can get in the backfield quick enough we got a chance but I don’t see it, I don’t like it but it’s The Ravens year.
On a side note , I would suggest any fan who can do it should splurge on tickets on the 50 and about 10 rows back.
It doesn’t matter what teams, go with a buddy,you’ll each spend s few hundred bucks but it’s an eye opener.
These fckng players are SO FAST. The game makes more sense when you see it live.
They need full time, year around refs who are younger and study film just like the players.
They also need at least one or two more of them on the field.i can’t tell you the number of times I’ve seen shit happen right in front of me, went home and watched it on ESPN in slo-mo and it was completely different.
Im not young myself so I don’t like saying this, but that game is moving way to fast for those middle age guys to keep up.

Date: January 8, 2020 11:12

keefriffhard4life
OpenG

keefriff99
OpenG

gronk just retired. he develops guys in 1 season? they had some guys. a rookie who I think got hurt. hoodie traded away the TE to seattle for a 7th round pick and that guy is a star with the seahawks. Hollister or something like that. also judge was the patriots special teams coach too and the special teams was fine

Jacob Hollister. great trade for Seahawks. when the tight ends started getting injured, Hollister turned out to be a very pleasant surprise.

Date: January 8, 2020 11:15

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

Josh Gordon was waived by NE & then claimed by the Seahawks. It's a sad story. All the talent in the world undone by his demons.

Date: January 8, 2020 15:17

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

Josh Gordon was waived by NE & then claimed by the Seahawks. It's a sad story. All the talent in the world undone by his demons.

ok waived then. thought he was traded but either way NE knew he was going to be out of the league soon

Date: January 8, 2020 20:15

Jason Garrett may end up as OC for giants and if Judge flops he may have his way back as NFL coach.

Tom Brady landing spot might be Panthers - team him up with Mccaferry out of the backfield with short dump passes. Cam Newton is coming off the injury who knows?

Good luck to the Hawks this weekend. The ravens have to be favorites with Lamar Jackson's running ability to be super bowl champs. But Ed Henry of the titans is a monster and who knows just give him the ball.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 9, 2020 15:32

I find it difficult to believe Brady will play anywhere else. Brees isn't going anywhere. The last ones of the old timers to be left are Rothlisberger, Aaron Rogers and eventually Russell Wilson.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rothlisberger retires before Brady and Brees.

Date: January 9, 2020 17:37

GasLightStreet
I find it difficult to believe Brady will play anywhere else. Brees isn't going anywhere. The last ones of the old timers to be left are Rothlisberger, Aaron Rogers and eventually Russell Wilson.

so Rivers isn't an old timer ?

Date: January 9, 2020 17:54

Philip Rivers went to NC state maybe he goes to the Panthers and Brady to San Diego he was born in CA.

Date: January 9, 2020 18:16

link to interesting article regarding cap space for next year for all the playoff teams. MINN & NO have a big problem. Ranked 32 & 28 respectively. MINN is actually already over the cap for next year. the Seahawks are ranked #8 with almost 70 million in cap space. good news!

[www.espn.com]

Date: January 9, 2020 20:09

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

so Rivers isn't an old timer ?

Oh he's an oldtimer - worst of the bunch well Big Ben close second - Rivers was an interception machine this year I think he's done but they will bring him back next year in the new stadium to start then I'm guess transition to the next one...

Date: January 9, 2020 20:11

Looking like another great weekend of Playoff football - Weather in Baltimore looks dismal so really anything can happen there. I like the Seahawks chances this weekend but GB at home is a tough task - Clear & Cold weather...
I think KC is peaking right now and firing on all cylinders I think Mahomes may just hoist the Lombardi this year.

Date: January 9, 2020 20:43

Honestly, even if you gave Brady Julio Jones and DeAndre Hopkins, I don't know how much difference it would make at his age.

He was overthrowing receivers a lot this year, so even if he has elite weapons, if he can't thread the ball into their hands, what difference does it make?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home