Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 9, 2020 23:00

Trevor Lawrence would be a good fit for Carolina.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 10, 2020 14:42

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
I find it difficult to believe Brady will play anywhere else. Brees isn't going anywhere. The last ones of the old timers to be left are Rothlisberger, Aaron Rogers and eventually Russell Wilson.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rothlisberger retires before Brady and Brees.

so Rivers isn't an old timer ?

Only counting good quarterbacks.

Date: January 10, 2020 14:47

crholmstrom
link to interesting article regarding cap space for next year for all the playoff teams. MINN & NO have a big problem. Ranked 32 & 28 respectively. MINN is actually already over the cap for next year. the Seahawks are ranked #8 with almost 70 million in cap space. good news!

[www.espn.com]

I don't know anything about MN's cap but the Saints are already $21.3 million in the hole with Brees. Although that's an issue the true issue is why do they get guys like PJ Williams and Eli Apple - Janoris Jenkins was a huge improvement.

The Saints have some issues - Brees can't throw far, every time he dumps to Kamara on a sideways pass the entire league knows it's gonna happen and the secondary still sucks. Better play calling, better defense - they might have a shot.

Date: January 10, 2020 19:36

interesting article on Garoppolo-

[bleacherreport.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 11, 2020 00:03

Chris Fountain

[bleacherreport.com]

thanks! good to know your enemy! GO HAWKS!

Date: January 11, 2020 13:34

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

[bleacherreport.com]

It's hard to tell how the Niners-Vikings game is going to turn out. D Cook needs a big game for Minnesota.

Date: January 11, 2020 15:42

predictions for moving on the conference championship round:
MIN
SEA
KC
BAL

GO HAWKS!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 11, 2020 16:37

crholmstrom
MIN
SEA
KC
BAL

GO HAWKS!
I'm gonna go with the safe picks:

SF
GB
KC
BAL

However, ALL these teams should be on upset alert. I could see 2-3 of these games going the other way.

Date: January 11, 2020 18:06

Baltimore and Seattle are two clear winners. Not sure about KC or SF

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 11, 2020 20:01

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

[bleacherreport.com]

Go Niners!!!

plexi

Date: January 11, 2020 20:07

timbernardis
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

[bleacherreport.com]

Go Niners!!!

plexi

straight to hell? >grinning smiley<

Date: January 11, 2020 20:08

The 49ers are the only team I'm actively rooting against.

Date: January 11, 2020 20:22

If the Vikings didn't have Cousins they would be easy to like - Rudoolph, Cook and the wr Thielen are fun to watch- and they seem to be well coach and play with passion - could be purple rain for the Niners - but too hard to call. Niners at home on the Vikings second road trip is hard to ignore.

Date: January 11, 2020 20:50

Although it would be good for MN to win, and good for football, I hope they lose since they beat the Saints.

I'm generally an NFC guy but I would like to see Baltimore win for Mark Ingram's sake.

I'd also like to see GB win for Aaron Rodgers to get one more before he disappears as well. With the Saints out it's a lot easier to hope for that.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: January 12, 2020 03:28

Anyone see the HOF tribute to Bill Cowher on CBS' pregame?

They brought out his wife and daughter, and I do believe the youngster was wearing a Stones T under her jacket...

Date: January 12, 2020 03:43

I have family in MN, they call them the Vikequeens.

Glad they lost!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 12, 2020 09:18

The Titans crushed the Ravens. I think Baltimore got too full of themselves. The Titans won the game throwing less than 100 yards. Henry had another monster game but the defense was stellar.

Here's hoping KC wins because the Bills should have won that game. Too bad because had they won and went on to beat KC they would have been playing Tennessee for the AFC Championship game in Buffalo.

Looks like KC and Green Bay pull out the wins on Sunday.

Date: January 12, 2020 09:59

crholmstrom
MIN
SEA
KC
BAL

GO HAWKS!

& it all went horribly wrong on Saturday. good thing i'm not in vegas!!!!! GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

Date: January 12, 2020 14:15

If KC loses to Texas then one would have to give the SB nod to the NFC. It doesn't seem like Texas or Tenn can beat the three NFC teams comprising Niners, Packers or GO HAWKS!

Date: January 12, 2020 15:58

The Titans are badass! Tough team, and tough, smart coaching. I really like Vrabel.

To take down the Brady/Belichick dynasty in the first round and then one of the most dynamic young QBs and interesting offensive systems we've ever seen in the Ravens is remarkable.

I'm willing to root for ANY team that stops the 49ers at this point.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 12, 2020 16:16

is it just me or does anybody else find it "odd" that as soon as the Ravens and Patriots got caught cheating, they started sucking?

whatever.

personally, I want KC at this point.

Date: January 12, 2020 16:25

stickyfingers101
is it just me or does anybody else find it "odd" that as soon as the Ravens and Patriots got caught cheating, they started sucking?

whatever.

The Patriots were caught cheating in 2007 and still won 3 Super Bowls since.

Date: January 12, 2020 16:28

keefriff99
The Titans are badass! Tough team, and tough, smart coaching. I really like Vrabel.

To take down the Brady/Belichick dynasty in the first round and then one of the most dynamic young QBs and interesting offensive systems we've ever seen in the Ravens is remarkable.

Derrick Henry is a free agent after this season. I think someone is about to show him the money! Great running back. I'd rather have him than that @$$clown Ezekiel Elliott any day.

Date: January 12, 2020 16:52

crholmstrom
keefriff99

Derrick Henry is a free agent after this season. I think someone is about to show him the money! Great running back. I'd rather have him than that @$$clown Ezekiel Elliott any day.

To add to keefriff99's remarks, the Dolphin fans are probably bewildered as Vrabel as properly coached Tannehill. He was suppose to be the franchise draft choice for Miami maybe 6-7 years ago? Anyway, all the flack he took in Miami could possibly be pointed to Miami's merry-go-round of poor coach selection the past decade.

Date: January 12, 2020 17:49

keefriff99
stickyfingers101

whatever.

The Patriots were caught cheating in 2007 and still won 3 Super Bowls since.

yeah...exactly my point: they won three, got caught cheating...didn't (couldn't?) win another for 8 years...

they then won three more SBs and promptly got caught cheating in essentially the same manner...and in the wake of that they inexplicably couldn't beat the lowly Dolphins at home.

Odd.

and don't forget that Josh McDaniels got busted for the exact same form of cheating in Denver...so, this is really SpyGate #3 for him.

If this were a so-called "Valedictorian" of a school nobody would believe they weren't cheating all-along....especially if their kid were ranked #2, I can promise you that.

[www.bostonglobe.com]

whatever..they're out and that's all that matters.

Date: January 12, 2020 17:50

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
keefriff99

To add to keefriff99's remarks, the Dolphin fans are probably bewildered as Vrabel as properly coached Tannehill. He was suppose to be the franchise draft choice for Miami maybe 6-7 years ago? Anyway, all the flack he took in Miami could possibly be pointed to Miami's merry-go-round of poor coach selection the past decade.

Nobody beats the Browns when it comes to Merry-Go-Rounds, Crappy choices and generally horrible management etc..

we're #1!

Go Browns!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 12, 2020 18:11

The Titans are the first No. 6 seed to beat a No. 1 seed since the Jets shocked the Patriots in 2011. The Ravens came into the game with a 14-2 record and had won 12 consecutive games. They led the league in scoring offense, averaging 33.2 points per game. With Jackson setting a record for rushing yards by a QB, they had the most prolific rushing attack in NFL history, averaging 206.0 yards per game — or nearly 70 more than the Henry-powered Titans.

Henry is awesome runs north and south back to the glory days of the NFL. I was really surprised after the ravens were driving inside the titans 50 in 1st QTR I thought no way they would lose but a tipped ball for a pick for Titans and then they stopped them on fourth and one and just like that the titans were up 14-0.

Go hawks today.

Date: January 12, 2020 18:47

tannehills numbers in miami were pretty good. the team just kept going 8-8

Date: January 12, 2020 19:02

Thanks for that keefriffhard4life

Screen names in this forum sometimes confuse me as the syntax is too close for comfort drinking smiley

Agreed - Tannehill did take time to develop - He was overrated as a prospect out of college. I'm happy he found a home in Nashville- as mentioned he was only a part of the issue in South Florida. He is a nice guy with a lovely wife - good folk.

Looking forward the playoffs to get started - Why start at 3:00 on a Sunday??? Being a fan on the East coast, which is disadvantageous as that damn early alarm clock ringing or singing from the I-phone is a shocking event!!!!! GO HAWKS! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-12 19:07 by Chris Fountain.

Date: January 12, 2020 19:42

6 hours to go until SEA-GB. the pre game rituals have started in earnest. weather report says another snowstorm could hit for the second half. hoping today's games are better than yesterday's. after a great wildcard weekend, both games yesterday were kind of blah on a suspense level. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2099
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home