Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 6, 2020 20:04

According to Weather Underground (preferred site) GB next weekend Partly Cloudy High around 25 F

I agree that any call can be singled out. Hopefully, technology (protection) can catch up with impact.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: January 6, 2020 20:09

Doesn't matter whether Clowney meant to or not.
He lead with his helmet, it was helmet to helmet, and it was late.
He put a QB out of the game and didn't even get flagged.
He should have been ejected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-06 20:10 by nellcote'71.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 6, 2020 20:11

Glad Hawks won I would not want to listen to all the sports radio that a 40 year old QB beat them straight off the sidelines of coaching high school football.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 6, 2020 20:16

Here was referee Shawn Smith’s explanation on the Wentz hit, per a pool report:

"He was a runner and he did not give himself up. We saw incidental helmet contact, and in our judgement, we didn’t rule that to be a foul."

I gotta agree somewhat with the ref, he was a runner who chose to take a hit rather than give himself up. The hit looks worse on slow motion replay of course.
He clearly made helmet to helmet contact, but not as callously and intentionally as he's being roasted for imo.
[www.nbcsports.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 6, 2020 20:32

Mike McCarthy (ex-GB coach) hired to coach the Cowboys.

Interesting choice...

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 6, 2020 20:54

nellcote'71

in real time it wasn't late. the play moved so fast & clowney was literally flying with no contact with the ground. kind of hard to change speed with no ground contact. i will grant that he did lead with helmet but the official was on top of it & judged that it was incidental. again, in real time. its a big difference. this wasn't slow motion replay. btw: seattle was looking like the better team the whole game. wentz still hasn't proven anything when it counts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-06 20:55 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: January 6, 2020 21:07

crholmstrom
nellcote'71

in real time it wasn't late. the play moved so fast & clowney was literally flying with no contact with the ground. kind of hard to change speed with no ground contact. i will grant that he did lead with helmet but the official was on top of it & judged that it was incidental. again, in real time. its a big difference. this wasn't slow motion replay. btw: seattle was looking like the better team the whole game. wentz still hasn't proven anything when it counts.

Hard to prove something when you're knocked out of the game in the first quarter on a dirty hit, isn't it?
BTW i'm not an Eagles fan.

Date: January 6, 2020 21:50

I think the emphasis should be on prevention by constructing helmets that are helmet proof. Hell we sent a man to the moon why not build better safety equipment?

Date: January 6, 2020 22:00

Chris Fountain
I think the emphasis should be on prevention by constructing helmets that are helmet proof. Hell we sent a man to the moon why not build better safety equipment?
Helmet-proof helmets?

You think they AREN'T feverishly working on new helmet designs? It's not that simple. How do you stop the human brain (which has the consistency of a Jello mold) from slamming into the inside of the skull when it goes from moving to a dead stop in a fraction of a second?

Date: January 6, 2020 22:04

Date: January 6, 2020 22:09

nellcote'71
crholmstrom
nellcote'71

Hard to prove something when you're knocked out of the game in the first quarter on a dirty hit, isn't it?
BTW i'm not an Eagles fan.

most of the players on the football talk shows today say it should've been a penalty but that it wasn't a dirty play like ripping a guy's helmet off & beating him with it. sadly, am laid up & have had ESPN, NBCSN & NFL network on all morning.

Date: January 6, 2020 22:11

If we put our minds to it we can do anything!!! Hell, we even could predict the Tell Me Forum 2042 AD!! We are scientifically advanced!!

Date: January 6, 2020 22:47

Chris Fountain
If we put our minds to it we can do anything!!! Hell, we even could predict the Tell Me Forum 2042 AD!! We are scientifically advanced!!

beatles vs stones.... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 6, 2020 22:50

i wanted the eagles to win and saw nothing wrong with the hit

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 7, 2020 01:31

Chris Fountain
The Sicilian
Chris Fountain
17-9 again - very different game. Lynch was great and Metcalf stole the show!! Well Wilson ran at the correct times!!! CR me happy for all family!!!

The Bills were slotted by many of the "draft experts" to pick DK Metcalf and they brought him in for a workout but instead, they went with that marshmallow Ed Oliver. What the fuk, all the road teams won this weekend except you guessed it, the Bills. I guess we'll have to watch the Golden Globes, maybe they'll have one for Brady and Watson.

The world is up for the Bills- I see no one standing in their way i winning the AFC EAST next year. Live in Florida but from NC pull Carolina Panthers -we really have issues.

Funny how things work, today while at the super market none other than Ed Oliver walks by me. I've never seen or talked to him before. My first thought, this guy is so undersized for a defensive lineman. He looks more like a linebacker.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 7, 2020 02:42

Chris Fountain
According to Weather Underground (preferred site) GB next weekend Partly Cloudy High around 25 F

I agree that any call can be singled out. Hopefully, technology (protection) can catch up with impact.

Weather Underground is The Weather Channel.

Date: January 7, 2020 02:44

SEA/PHI was the highest rated game since the last Super Bowl per NBCSN.

Date: January 7, 2020 02:46

Date: January 7, 2020 05:12

crholmstrom

Entertainment wise it was a complete dud.

I would rank the four games in this order as entertainment value:

1. Titans vs Patriots
2. Vikings vs Saints
3. Bills vs Texans
4. Seahawks vs Eagles

Date: January 7, 2020 05:59

keefriff99
Chris Fountain
Helmet-proof helmets?

You think they AREN'T feverishly working on new helmet designs? It's not that simple. How do you stop the human brain (which has the consistency of a Jello mold) from slamming into the inside of the skull when it goes from moving to a dead stop in a fraction of a second?

The moon landing was faked. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: January 7, 2020 11:25

The Sicilian
crholmstrom

1. Titans vs Patriots
2. Vikings vs Saints
3. Bills vs Texans
4. Seahawks vs Eagles

unless you are a seahawks fan! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 7, 2020 13:18

The Sicilian
crholmstrom

1. Titans vs Patriots
2. Vikings vs Saints
3. Bills vs Texans
4. Seahawks vs Eagles

Viking-Saints for me easily. Pats had lot of drama but not entertaining, maybe most satisfying for the Pats haters.

On the whole Sunday’s games were better IMO

Date: January 7, 2020 15:23

The Sicilian
Chris Fountain
The Sicilian
Chris Fountain
17-9 again - very different game. Lynch was great and Metcalf stole the show!! Well Wilson ran at the correct times!!! CR me happy for all family!!!

The Bills were slotted by many of the "draft experts" to pick DK Metcalf and they brought him in for a workout but instead, they went with that marshmallow Ed Oliver. What the fuk, all the road teams won this weekend except you guessed it, the Bills. I guess we'll have to watch the Golden Globes, maybe they'll have one for Brady and Watson.

The world is up for the Bills- I see no one standing in their way i winning the AFC EAST next year. Live in Florida but from NC pull Carolina Panthers -we really have issues.

Funny how things work, today while at the super market none other than Ed Oliver walks by me. I've never seen or talked to him before. My first thought, this guy is so undersized for a defensive lineman. He looks more like a linebacker.

I hung out with Steve Gleason years ago. I was floored that I, at 5'11" and 210lbs, made him look like a shrimp.

Date: January 7, 2020 15:27

Al Riveron needs to be fired.

The push-off, as slight as it was, from the Vinkings' Rudolph was enough for pass interference yet they didn't even REVIEW the touchdown while later that day in Philly, there was a slight push-off that was called.

Had it been any Saints receiver catching a TD pass flags would've been flying before the ball was caught.

Date: January 7, 2020 16:50

GasLightStreet
Al Riveron needs to be fired.

The push-off, as slight as it was, from the Vinkings' Rudolph was enough for pass interference yet they didn't even REVIEW the touchdown while later that day in Philly, there was a slight push-off that was called.

Had it been any Saints receiver catching a TD pass flags would've been flying before the ball was caught.

the saints player though grabbed his arm while running the route. good no call as both players could have been flagged.

I agree he needs to be fired though as similar plays through out the year he has made different statements as to should it be a flag or not

Date: January 7, 2020 17:53

Looks like Matt Rhule is signing with Panthers and not Giants as coach. I thought he was the giants choice for next coach. I guess they waited to long?

Date: January 7, 2020 17:54

OpenG
Looks like Matt Rhule is signing with Panthers and not Giants as coach. I thought he was the giants choice for next coach. I guess they waited to long?
Rhule was supposed to meet with the Giants today and essentially blew them off. Pretty classless, but typical Giants luck as of late.

Date: January 7, 2020 18:01

FL 2019 new
Date: January 7, 2020 17:54

OpenG
Rhule was supposed to meet with the Giants today and essentially blew them off. Pretty classless, but typical Giants luck as of late.

I agree - not sure who is next on giants list - Bill Cowher please.

Date: January 7, 2020 18:04

I listened to Pete Caroll and he said its a lot of beast mode on sunday against packers. give it to him 30 times and keep ball away from rogers. If Vikings upset SF and Hawks win - championship game would be in seattle?

Date: January 7, 2020 18:07

OpenG
I agree - not sure who is next on giants list - Bill Cowher please.
I think Josh McDaniels is high on their list.

Not sure Cowher wants to get back in the game...it's been 14 years.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2341
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home