Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 9, 2019 00:25

Ok I will buy into the conspiracy theory since it now is all walks of our life. What is the conspiracy here? Why do the refs want S.F. to win? I will believe based on objective evidence. It was a great game and the face-masking penalty on N.O. did not help them at all and disputes any theory -

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 9, 2019 00:30

crholmstrom
keefriff99
They could switch to how the NBA does it and just award the teams with the best records playoff spots rather than care about who wins which division.

Really, just have two conferences and get rid of the divisions.

I like the divisions as rivalries are built on geographic factors (mainly). That being said, no problem with having division winners make the playoffs. It's the home game factor that I would change.

So you support a division "winner" with a losing record making the playoffs and a team with a winning record not making the playoffs.

Date: December 9, 2019 00:31

MisterDDDD
As a Seahawks fan it's tough to know who to root for in tomorrows Saints-Niners game.
Saints beat SF and the division title and 2nd seed overall for the Hawks becomes more likely and leaves them atop of the division regardless of win/lose Sunday night.

SF beats NO combined with a Seahawk win on Sunday night, lands them with the Number 1 seed overall..

I lean towards rooting for the Saints and securing the division first but kind of a win/win situation for the Hawks!!

Pretty sad that Seattle will finish with a better record than, oh, anyone in the NFC East... and finish 5th.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 9, 2019 00:33

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
keefriff99
They could switch to how the NBA does it and just award the teams with the best records playoff spots rather than care about who wins which division.

I like the divisions as rivalries are built on geographic factors (mainly). That being said, no problem with having division winners make the playoffs. It's the home game factor that I would change.

So you support a division "winner" with a losing record making the playoffs and a team with a winning record not making the playoffs.

Yes. Those teams had opportunity to win their own division ultimately. or best the 5 seed. Just read article today that said NFL isn't going to change this for various reason. Its up on ESPN & Pro Football talk sites. sorry about your Saints. F SF!

Date: December 9, 2019 00:35

ironbelly
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
Saints -niners game is awesome

the fix is in. NO getting screwed again by the refs
Not only by refs. They did their part too.

Like an idiot facemask! Saints continue to find creative ways to lose! It drives me NUTS! Stupid dump passes to Kamara... for a loss of way too many total yards. And... a facemask to hand SF the game.

Saints were pretty good... for a decent part of the first half. But I knew SF would eat up the secondary.

Overall, a great game to watch.

Date: December 9, 2019 00:40

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
keefriff99

Yes. Those teams had opportunity to win their own division ultimately. or best the 5 seed. Just read article today that said NFL isn't going to change this for various reason. Its up on ESPN & Pro Football talk sites. sorry about your Saints. F SF!

So let's say New Orleans finishes 15-1.

How could, say, Carolina, have an opportunity to win their division finishing 12-4 and still not make the playoffs with the Saints going 15-1 while Dallas "wins" their division at 3-13 (which could happen)? There is no opportunity to win if they don't win enough games yet a losing team is "rewarded"... and makes the playoffs.

It's a horrible setup that the NFL needs to change.

Date: December 9, 2019 00:41

GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD
As a Seahawks fan it's tough to know who to root for in tomorrows Saints-Niners game.
Saints beat SF and the division title and 2nd seed overall for the Hawks becomes more likely and leaves them atop of the division regardless of win/lose Sunday night.

SF beats NO combined with a Seahawk win on Sunday night, lands them with the Number 1 seed overall..

I lean towards rooting for the Saints and securing the division first but kind of a win/win situation for the Hawks!!

Pretty sad that Seattle will finish with a better record than, oh, anyone in the NFC East... and finish 5th.

its all going to come down to week 17 in seattle vs sf. the number 1 seed will be in play. i'm fine with playing dallas or philly on the road.

Date: December 9, 2019 00:42

Be Happy N.O. and Seattle are in and I will pull for both .... Someone not too long ago posted that the Cleveland Browns would make the AFC playoffs He has a chance of being correct. -

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-09 00:53 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 9, 2019 00:52

I thought the Saints would get rolled today. They did quite well.

But in the playoffs, that means you lose.

Green Bay and whoever in the NFC E won't get far. Seattle, SF, NO - depending on what team of their own shows up for their games... it seems to me like amongst those 3 teams one of them will win the Super Bowl.

And yet Baltimore is just on fire.

For a while I've been thinking SF v BAL for the SB.

Date: December 9, 2019 01:01

Ok - wow- there are a copuple of more games left in reg season? Way Way too long- We know what the playoff configuration should be - I guess it will still be under discussion until we all go mad!

Date: December 9, 2019 01:02

GasLightStreet
I thought the Saints would get rolled today. They did quite well.

But in the playoffs, that means you lose.

Green Bay and whoever in the NFC E won't get far. Seattle, SF, NO - depending on what team of their own shows up for their games... it seems to me like amongst those 3 teams one of them will win the Super Bowl.

And yet Baltimore is just on fire.

For a while I've been thinking SF v BAL for the SB.

the devil is affecting your thoughts! (i kid, i kid) let's see how the hawks do tonight. we've got 2 relatively easy ones next (CAR,ARI) then SF for season ender.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 9, 2019 02:00

The Patriots have no firepower. This off-season is going to get ugly when it comes to Brady's future.

Date: December 9, 2019 02:43

They are soft Lady Gaw Gaw is playing the SB
with ....... vs .... in Miami

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 9, 2019 07:13

Some exciting football this week, along with some controversial reffing. Niners vs Saints was awesome football. In the Pats/KC game, the refs missed some blatant penalties, lucky I'm not a Pats fan. Can't believe their fans would boo them off the field at halftime!
Rams looked really good beating Seattle tonight, Hawks defense couldn't stop the Rams offense.

Date: December 9, 2019 07:26

DGA35
Some exciting football this week, along with some controversial reffing. Niners vs Saints was awesome football. In the Pats/KC game, the refs missed some blatant penalties, lucky I'm not a Pats fan. Can't believe their fans would boo them off the field at halftime!
Rams looked really good beating Seattle tonight, Hawks defense couldn't stop the Rams offense.

it was pretty brutal (hawks). they seem to enjoy drama. like i said before, it will come down to week 17 vs sf. probably the last 2 minutes of the game or overtime. that's how they roll....

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 9, 2019 18:05

Chris Fountain
Ok I will buy into the conspiracy theory since it now is all walks of our life. What is the conspiracy here? Why do the refs want S.F. to win? I will believe based on objective evidence. It was a great game and the face-masking penalty on N.O. did not help them at all and disputes any theory -

what was the spread?

Date: December 9, 2019 19:41

stickyfingers101
Chris Fountain

what was the spread?

NO -2.5

Date: December 9, 2019 19:44

instead the saints coach seemed to want to blame the refs again for another lose

Date: December 10, 2019 15:04

Man, did the Giants blow it...up 17-3 at the half, and lost in overtime 23-17. Pathetic waste of Eli's admirable effort.

Date: December 10, 2019 16:20

keefriffhard4life
instead the saints coach seemed to want to blame the refs again for another lose

The refs have been awful. It's a league wide issue as well.

Date: December 10, 2019 16:31

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

The refs have been awful. It's a league wide issue as well.

well I agree there but he is blasting them for a goofy trick play that almost every former player who doses commentary says the nfl was never going to through a flag on that

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 10, 2019 17:46

would somebody PLEASE tell the Patriots to stop cheating....

Date: December 10, 2019 17:49

stickyfingers101
would somebody PLEASE tell the Patriots to stop cheating....

the dark side of the force must be satisfied.

Date: December 10, 2019 18:42

Sports fandom is so irrational to me.

I have teams that I root for, but not blindly, and I'm always honest about their flaws. Belichick is a devious bastard...he will bend the rules to win. This isn't a surprise, and the fans contorting themselves into pretzels pretending that this latest Bengals scandal is "nothing" make me laugh. OBVIOUSLY they were up to something shady.

The fact that Patriots are so broken down right now that they feel to need to try to gain a competitive advantage over the BENGALS is the most worrying part of this.

Date: December 10, 2019 20:40

keefriff99

I have teams that I root for, but not blindly, and I'm always honest about their flaws. Belichick is a devious bastard...he will bend the rules to win. This isn't a surprise, and the fans contorting themselves into pretzels pretending that this latest Bengals scandal is "nothing" make me laugh. OBVIOUSLY they were up to something shady.

The fact that Patriots are so broken down right now that they feel to need to try to gain a competitive advantage over the BENGALS is the most worrying part of this.

I don't see them beating BAL or KC in the playoffs this year.

Date: December 10, 2019 20:43

crholmstrom
keefriff99

I don't see them beating BAL or KC in the playoffs this year.
No way. They could very well be one-and-done. They don't scare anyone.

Date: December 10, 2019 23:46

Yep - and that is why the Pats are cheating again. I recommend the NFL League Office send everyone in their organization bibles and have them repent!

Date: December 11, 2019 01:05

Chris Fountain
Yep - and that is why the Pats are cheating again. I recommend the NFL League Office send everyone in their organization bibles and have them repent!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 11, 2019 03:09

Them doing poorly probably works. I feel like Brady is gonna retire in either 3 years or the next time they win the Super Bowl. Having said that, if they won this year, I think that would be too soon. Before this season, I think he had 2 or 3 more left in him. If he won this year, I think he'd wanna keep playing then he might have to retire in a year he doesn't win, which I don't see happening. So I think this is a good year for them to underperform and now next year he'll come out fighting, and if he goes all the way, retire.

Still playing well, but not like the Patriots.

Date: December 11, 2019 04:00

RollingFreak
Them doing poorly probably works. I feel like Brady is gonna retire in either 3 years or the next time they win the Super Bowl. Having said that, if they won this year, I think that would be too soon. Before this season, I think he had 2 or 3 more left in him. If he won this year, I think he'd wanna keep playing then he might have to retire in a year he doesn't win, which I don't see happening. So I think this is a good year for them to underperform and now next year he'll come out fighting, and if he goes all the way, retire.

Still playing well, but not like the Patriots.
While it's true that his receivers and O-line aren't up to snuff, I think there's definitely been some age-related decline.

He's playing great for 42, but he's no longer elite or special. I honestly don't know how much better he would look if he had, say, Antonio Brown. Is his arm strength and accuracy still be there with an elite receiver? I'm not so sure anymore.

He's going to regret not hanging it up after last season. The signs were already there that he wasn't himself any longer. That 6th win would have been the PERFECT time to go out. Now he's going to be stuck managing the decline.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2469
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home