Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 11, 2019 16:59

keefriff99
RollingFreak
Them doing poorly probably works. I feel like Brady is gonna retire in either 3 years or the next time they win the Super Bowl. Having said that, if they won this year, I think that would be too soon. Before this season, I think he had 2 or 3 more left in him. If he won this year, I think he'd wanna keep playing then he might have to retire in a year he doesn't win, which I don't see happening. So I think this is a good year for them to underperform and now next year he'll come out fighting, and if he goes all the way, retire.

Still playing well, but not like the Patriots.
While it's true that his receivers and O-line aren't up to snuff, I think there's definitely been some age-related decline.

He's playing great for 42, but he's no longer elite or special. I honestly don't know how much better he would look if he had, say, Antonio Brown. Is his arm strength and accuracy still be there with an elite receiver? I'm not so sure anymore.

He's going to regret not hanging it up after last season. The signs were already there that he wasn't himself any longer. That 6th win would have been the PERFECT time to go out. Now he's going to be stuck managing the decline.

we honestly have no idea how "good" (or "bad") the Patriots are, since they've (more likely than not) been cheating all year (or never stopped cheating in the first place, which is what I suspected all along)...

obviously the Bungles aren't the only team they've filmed...they're worried about the Bungles to the point of cheating, but nobody else? Please.

the Pats are probably pretty average w/o stealing the other teams' plays.

whatever...they are a joke and their legacy is completely tainted (other than among their Sheeple, of course).

TBDB 100% shoulda hung it up last year...if this new scandal blows up and it becomes open-season on the Patriots, how long will it be before whole Balco thing comes back up again (along w/ renewed interest in Shady Alex Guerrero)?

He is clearly the Lance Armstrong of football and should learn when to leave (and not come back)....Lance's biggest mistake was the Comeback...if he's not smart, TBDBs could be not knowing when to hang it up.

100% agree he's gonna be stuck managing the decline...if he sticks around much longer, he'll also have to manage the notion that all his so-called "success" has been manufactured via cheating (and bad calls and PEDs)....

Sorry, but he's not the GOAT. Never has been, never will be.

Love seeing Pats fans squirm...payback for all of their pompousness, arrogance, & megalomania.

Belichick should be banned for life, effective immediately

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 11, 2019 20:29

stickyfingers101
keefriff99
RollingFreak
Them doing poorly probably works. I feel like Brady is gonna retire in either 3 years or the next time they win the Super Bowl. Having said that, if they won this year, I think that would be too soon. Before this season, I think he had 2 or 3 more left in him. If he won this year, I think he'd wanna keep playing then he might have to retire in a year he doesn't win, which I don't see happening. So I think this is a good year for them to underperform and now next year he'll come out fighting, and if he goes all the way, retire.

While it's true that his receivers and O-line aren't up to snuff, I think there's definitely been some age-related decline.

He's playing great for 42, but he's no longer elite or special. I honestly don't know how much better he would look if he had, say, Antonio Brown. Is his arm strength and accuracy still be there with an elite receiver? I'm not so sure anymore.

He's going to regret not hanging it up after last season. The signs were already there that he wasn't himself any longer. That 6th win would have been the PERFECT time to go out. Now he's going to be stuck managing the decline.

we honestly have no idea how "good" (or "bad") the Patriots are, since they've (more likely than not) been cheating all year (or never stopped cheating in the first place, which is what I suspected all along)...

obviously the Bungles aren't the only team they've filmed...they're worried about the Bungles to the point of cheating, but nobody else? Please.

whatever...they are a joke and their legacy is completely tainted (other than among their Sheeple, of course).

TBDB 100% shoulda hung it up last year...if this new scandal blows up and it becomes open-season on the Patriots, how long will it be before whole Balco thing comes back up again (along w/ renewed interest in Shady Alex Guerrero)?

He is clearly the Lance Armstrong of football and should learn when to leave (and not come back)....Lance's biggest mistake was the Comeback...if he's not smart, TBDBs could be not knowing when to hang it up.

100% agree he's gonna be stuck managing the decline...if he sticks around much longer, he'll also have to manage the notion that all his so-called "success" has been manufactured via cheating (and bad calls and PEDs)....

Love seeing Pats fans squirm...payback for all of their pompousness, arrogance, & megalomania.

why don't you tell us how you really feel? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 11, 2019 22:02

crholmstrom
stickyfingers101
keefriff99
RollingFreak

why don't you tell us how you really feel? >grinning smiley<

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 13, 2019 00:06

Now NFL players are reportedly involved in a healthcare scam against their own league.

Date: December 13, 2019 00:16

Chris Fountain
Now NFL players are reportedly involved in a healthcare scam against their own league.

scamming the scammers!

Date: December 13, 2019 00:23

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

scamming the scammers!

Now we have criteria for a Congressional Hearing !! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

1. Healthcare Fraud
2. Illegal Surveillance

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 13, 2019 03:25

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
instead the saints coach seemed to want to blame the refs again for another lose

The refs have been awful. It's a league wide issue as well.

well I agree there but he is blasting them for a goofy trick play that almost every former player who doses commentary says the nfl was never going to through a flag on that

Some rumbling about the holding...

Date: December 13, 2019 04:48

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
instead the saints coach seemed to want to blame the refs again for another lose

well I agree there but he is blasting them for a goofy trick play that almost every former player who doses commentary says the nfl was never going to through a flag on that

yes he wanted a hold on the side of the field with the gunner/jammer and every former player said no ref would every throw that flag

Date: December 13, 2019 19:08

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

yes he wanted a hold on the side of the field with the gunner/jammer and every former player said no ref would every throw that flag

The problem is that his forward movement was impeded a majority of the time by the holding. I'm sure that will come up in 2020 with the owners and the rules.

By 2030 if will be the National Flag League.

Date: December 13, 2019 19:17

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

The problem is that his forward movement was impeded a majority of the time by the holding. I'm sure that will come up in 2020 with the owners and the rules.

Just wait until Lamar Jackson gets hurt for getting hit like a running back. The poop is going to hit the fan then,

Date: December 13, 2019 19:18

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

ummm because in the punt formation that's legal lol. it wasn't until the ball is thrown and in the air that it even remotely became illegal and if the player on the 49ers never turned around to him its still a punt and perfectly legal. that's why every former nfl player said no ref would flag that because on an actual punt it was legal to do what the 49ers player was doing

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 13, 2019 20:09

Stones and NFL: [therollingstonesshop.com]

Date: December 13, 2019 20:46

Koen

They have the fonts right- Isn't $50 for a t-shirt a little high?

Date: December 13, 2019 21:12

Chris Fountain
Koen

that's what they were charging at the show

Date: December 13, 2019 21:24

Seattle's T-shirt looks good. Carolina's looks just like Detroit's t-shirt.

Not that I care but there are some teams missing. I didn't see a Dallas t-shirt

Date: December 14, 2019 01:34

Chris Fountain
Seattle's T-shirt looks good. Carolina's looks just like Detroit's t-shirt.

Not that I care but there are some teams missing. I didn't see a Dallas t-shirt

i bought the seattle one at the show. could only really afford 1 & i couldn't pass up a stones/hawks mash up! smoking smiley

Date: December 14, 2019 03:07

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

ummm because in the punt formation that's legal lol. it wasn't until the ball is thrown and in the air that it even remotely became illegal and if the player on the 49ers never turned around to him its still a punt and perfectly legal. that's why every former nfl player said no ref would flag that because on an actual punt it was legal to do what the 49ers player was doing

I understand that. Since those plays are rare, indeed, it seems that maybe 97% don't know the rule.

Date: December 14, 2019 03:08

Chris Fountain
Koen

No matter what they cost, the fact that they fall apart after one wash...

As usual, with their store, a rip off.

Date: December 14, 2019 03:27

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

I understand that. Since those plays are rare, indeed, it seems that maybe 97% don't know the rule.

pretty much the saints ran a play just to try and get a flag and make the refs decide the game. every former player who has chimed in knows the rule and they all said no ref in his right mind would ever throw a flag on that because that shows a team they can just constantly run a fake punt and throw at the player on that side of the field

Date: December 14, 2019 03:34

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

pretty much the saints ran a play just to try and get a flag and make the refs decide the game. every former player who has chimed in knows the rule and they all said no ref in his right mind would ever throw a flag on that because that shows a team they can just constantly run a fake punt and throw at the player on that side of the field

There may be a mindset, rightly so, that with the way the refs have been with the Saints this year...

Date: December 15, 2019 21:20

even with a big chunk of the defense not playing, hawks putting hurt on carolina. GO HAWKS!

Date: December 15, 2019 21:37

let's see if the Panthers will even try.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: December 15, 2019 23:21

So, The Pack puts Chi in their rear view mirror and, hopefully, turn on the high beams for the final two road games.

Date: December 15, 2019 23:39

CAR vanquished, ARI next.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 16, 2019 15:02

Another great defensive effort for the Bills as they defeat the Steelers. Now they clinched a playoff berth. If they win their next two (starting Saturday in New England) and the Pats lose to the Bills and Miami, we win the division title. That's highly doubtful so we'll take road trip to probably Houston. If only Josh Allen was an elite passer...

Date: December 16, 2019 16:04

The Sicilian
Another great defensive effort for the Bills as they defeat the Steelers. Now they clinched a playoff berth. If they win their next two (starting Saturday in New England) and the Pats lose to the Bills and Miami, we win the division title. That's highly doubtful so we'll take road trip to probably Houston. If only Josh Allen was an elite passer...

I like the Bills chances in Houston. Houston has some great players but the team as a whole has been really schizophrenic. Since the Hawks don't have to play them, I am enjoying the Bills success. The fans there are great & have put up with a lot of bad football for a long time. Would be most excellent if they could knock off NE!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 16, 2019 16:39

Nobody likes NE. I wonder why? winking smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 16, 2019 17:21

The Sicilian
The Bills have a very decent chance of beating the Patriots with the way their offense is "playing", but there's almost no chance they lose to the Dolphins. Still a great season for the Bills though.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 16, 2019 18:09

keefriff99
The Sicilian
The Bills have a very decent chance of beating the Patriots with the way their offense is "playing", but there's almost no chance they lose to the Dolphins. Still a great season for the Bills though.

Considering this is the Bills first 10 (or possibly more) wins season in 20 years, it was the longest streak in the NFL. That title now passes to Cleveland with 12.

The only hope for a Miami victory in NE in the final game of the season is that former Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Harvard grad and is well liked in Buffalo. Maybe he has one last favor he could give for the team and his alma mater should it get to that.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 16, 2019 20:21

Seattle a big win with alot of injuries on D - If they can win out they will get the much needed rest week and Homefield throughout the playoffs... GO AWKS

Gotta say I loved that Bills win last night they have a great defence and an under-rated offence that receiver Brown is top notch... Devin Singletary is good but fumbled the ball 3 times I think and Josh Allen will be a top 10 qb in the league.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home