Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 17, 2019 02:01

Meanwhile, the video was released of the cheating Patriots getting caught filming the sidelines of the Cincinnati Bengals.

(Patriots caught video cheating)

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 17, 2019 02:21

unreal..... what else can you say

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 17, 2019 03:24

Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely. That's probably it for him & the NFL. Sad situation. I think that if Pete Carroll & Bill Bellichick can't make it work (2 best coaches IMHO), no one can. That guy has had many chances. Spectacular player that looks like his demons got the best of him. Think the Hawks are good at wide receiver but Gordon sure was a nice weapon to have.

Date: December 17, 2019 03:50

crholmstrom
Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely. That's probably it for him & the NFL. Sad situation. I think that if Pete Carroll & Bill Bellichick can't make it work (2 best coaches IMHO), no one can. That guy has had many chances. Spectacular player that looks like his demons got the best of him. Think the Hawks are good at wide receiver but Gordon sure was a nice weapon to have.

not sure what that means. pete carroll has had issues with every team on every level he coached. what would he dob to help?

Date: December 17, 2019 05:18

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

not sure what that means. pete carroll has had issues with every team on every level he coached. what would he dob to help?

the culture in Seattle is different than a lot of teams. there are numerous articles out there about it. players want to come here. the high level that has been maintained speaks for itself. read an article yesterday that had pete on the short list for coach of the year.
Pete is 1 of 3 coaches who have won both NCAA championship & Super Bowl. The other 2 being Jimmy Johnson & Barry Switzer. In the 10 years he's coached the Seahawks, they have been to the playoffs 8 of them with 2 Super Bowl appearances winning 1 of them. 1 year they barely missed making it to the playoffs. The Hawks have the 4th youngest roster in the league this year & despite that are tied for 2nd best record in the league. I think most teams would be ecstatic to have those kind of stats. With the salary cap, its very hard to maintain that level of quality. As much as it pains me to say, it makes New England's run all the more impressive. Hoping for a good playoff run this year! GO HAWKS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-17 12:25 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 17, 2019 16:14

DREW BREES.

2 records set last night. Great game for Drew.

Date: December 17, 2019 17:43

GasLightStreet
DREW BREES.

he was awesome last night. boring game though, haha. unless you are a saints fan i suppose. smileys with beer

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 17, 2019 17:48

crholmstrom

If an addict doesn't want to help themselves....TRULY help themselves....nobody can help them.

It's that simple.

He's never been forthcoming in admitting he has a drug-problem (ie. "Hello, I'm Josh and I'm an addict")....which is Step One.

....it's Step One for that very reason.

In other notes: I think the Patriots ran their own drug-tests and he failed, which is why they dumped him when they did.

All else aside...the NFL should let them smoke weed.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 17, 2019 17:58

stickyfingers101
crholmstrom

If an addict doesn't want to help themselves....TRULY help themselves....nobody can help them.

It's that simple.

He's never been forthcoming in admitting he has a drug-problem (ie. "Hello, I'm Josh and I'm an addict")....which is Step One.

In other notes: I think the Patriots ran their own drug-tests and he failed, which is why they dumped him when they did.

Especially since the Patriots are in a LEGAL WEED state...the dispensaries are pretty nice in MA too.

Date: December 17, 2019 19:12

keefriff99
stickyfingers101
crholmstrom

It's that simple.

Especially since the Patriots are in a LEGAL WEED state...the dispensaries are pretty nice in MA too.

we have plenty of nice "green" stores in seattle too! smoking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 17, 2019 19:15

crholmstrom
keefriff99
stickyfingers101
crholmstrom

It's that simple.

Best in the country imo cool smiley

Major League Baseball just removed cannabis from it's banned substances.
NFL can't be far too far behind.

Date: December 17, 2019 19:29

crholmstrom
keefriff99
stickyfingers101
crholmstrom

It's that simple.

I live in central CT, so it's about a 45-min to the MA border, and there's a nice dispensary right on the other side.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 17, 2019 21:41

Tom Brady has 538 -

Date: December 17, 2019 22:55

Chris Fountain
Tom Brady has 538 -

and brady and brees have both played more games than peyton manning.

Date: December 17, 2019 23:00

Chris Fountain
Tom Brady has 538 -
Brady's gassed. Brees is going to pull away with total TDs easily.

Date: December 17, 2019 23:22

I don't think amount of games really matter... guys get hurt guys stay healthy all that matters here is who has tossed the most TD's

Date: December 17, 2019 23:24

crholmstrom

This is such a same he looked like he was having the time of his life on the sidelines Sunday with Tyler Lockett and Russell Wilson... now I guess we know why.

Date: December 17, 2019 23:26

Such a raw talent what a shame your right crholmstrom the Hawks have great receivers in place but man would he have been a nice addition come playoff time...

Date: December 17, 2019 23:26

umakmehrd
I don't think amount of games really matter... guys get hurt guys stay healthy all that matters here is who has tossed the most TD's

i'm not counting hurt or seasons. i'm counting the actual number of games they set foot on the field to play football.

manning- 266
brees- 273
brady- 283

Date: December 17, 2019 23:47

I get that but it means nothing... Its who has the most TD passes thats the only critiera here.

Date: December 17, 2019 23:48

Doesnt mean that Brees is better than Payton or Brady just means he has the most TD passes

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 18, 2019 02:18

Must be nice to play in a dome or great weather. Great achievement anyways

Date: December 18, 2019 02:22

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
DREW BREES.

he was awesome last night. boring game though, haha. unless you are a saints fan i suppose. smileys with beer

It was a bit boring. Seeing the offense work great is always fun but Indy, I mean, what, Cleveland. Whatever. Pretty much a gimme at this point. The Saints probably held back a bit.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 18, 2019 17:34

Chris Fountain
Tom Brady has 538 -

Brady's team stole the plays for him...so, there's that.

"at least 40 games" the first time around...who knows how many this time around......all TDs from those games are null-and-void, IMO....and his entire career is suspect at this point...TBDB = Astericks Boy!!

Besides, any records these days are lame...there's more games, more dope, more training, more cheating, more video analysis...more, more, more, more....

There's headsets in the helmets, for cripes sake...and you're barely able to breathe on QBs these days w/o a penalty.

if Joe Montana or Johnny Unitas played today, they'd be just as good/great, if not better

Jim Brown rules all...

Date: December 18, 2019 22:54

I'm not a Patriots' fan . I like the Panthers and grew up a Baltimore Colts fan until they moved. It was hard to stomach that they left in the middle of the night ti Indy. Johnny Unitas was great but I would have to argue that Bert Jones was a very good qb as well.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 18, 2019 23:20

Chris Fountain
I'm not a Patriots' fan . I like the Panthers and grew up a Baltimore Colts fan until they moved. It was hard to stomach that they left in the middle of the night ti Indy. Johnny Unitas was great but I would have to argue that Bert Jones was a very good qb as well.

What about old Earl Morrall?

Date: December 18, 2019 23:32

The Sicilian
Chris Fountain

What about old Earl Morrall?

Yes the Colts beat the Cowboys in the 71? Superbowl - under Earl Morrall -

It was kinda a redemption from losing to the Jets in 69 We wore all white if memory serve correct.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 19, 2019 17:04

stickyfingers101
Chris Fountain
Tom Brady has 538 -

Brady's team stole the plays for him...so, there's that.

"at least 40 games" the first time around...who knows how many this time around......all TDs from those games are null-and-void, IMO....and his entire career is suspect at this point...TBDB = Astericks Boy!!

Besides, any records these days are lame...there's more games, more dope, more training, more cheating, more video analysis...more, more, more, more....

There's headsets in the helmets, for cripes sake...and you're barely able to breathe on QBs these days w/o a penalty.

if Joe Montana or Johnny Unitas played today, they'd be just as good/great, if not better

Jim Brown rules all...

I’m a Pats fan but I totally agree with stickyfingers the rules changed from 30 to 40 years ago have made it so much easier than before. The way they protect the QB’s now is ridiculous. Pretty soon they will have them surrounded by play pens on wheels and if you enter it , 15 yards automatic first down.

Date: December 20, 2019 19:02

Tomorrow has some significant games - can the Texans beat the Suckaneers and win their division with a Titans loss to the Saints on Sunday and make the playoffs and be one and done again as usual?

Most likely.

Can the Bills beat the Cheatriots and win the division? It's possible. NE is fading.

Will the Rams beat the 49ers? Hell, since Cantlanta beat them, why not.

It's very unlikely that the Cardinals will beat the Seahawks.

Steelers win on Sunday with a Titans loss gives them the 6th seed. That's the only slot up for grabs in the AFC.

In the NFC the Rams are basically out so the only thing to be determined, aside from the 123 ranking, is Philly or Dallas making it in (and, ha ha, hosting a higher ranked team).

Packers at the Vikings on Monday night should be very good, with interesting results no matter what.

Date: December 20, 2019 22:41

GasLightStreet
Tomorrow has some significant games - can the Texans beat the Suckaneers and win their division with a Titans loss to the Saints on Sunday and make the playoffs and be one and done again as usual?

Most likely.

Can the Bills beat the Cheatriots and win the division? It's possible. NE is fading.

Will the Rams beat the 49ers? Hell, since Cantlanta beat them, why not.

It's very unlikely that the Cardinals will beat the Seahawks.

Steelers win on Sunday with a Titans loss gives them the 6th seed. That's the only slot up for grabs in the AFC.

In the NFC the Rams are basically out so the only thing to be determined, aside from the 123 ranking, is Philly or Dallas making it in (and, ha ha, hosting a higher ranked team).

Packers at the Vikings on Monday night should be very good, with interesting results no matter what.

next weekend: SF vs SEA @ Seattle. huge. the 12s are going to be losing their little minds! in the meantime, GO HAWKS sunday vs ARI!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home